• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

cpp_is_king said:
I'm at the part with Catwoman where I have to decide
whether or not to drop my suitcases and rescue Batman
. Is one decision notably better / worse than the other? I don't want spoilers, just want to know if I'm going to really regret one choosing one option or the other.

There is only one option even if it seems there are two.

Messi

Grisby said:
Getting near the end I believe.

Damn, I want a full Catwoman game. Love playing as her. Just did the silent takedown where she squeezes the dude's neck on the ground while simultaneously checking her nails. Laughed hard at that.

DO IT ROCKSTEADY! DOOOO IIITTT

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
789shadow said:
Ok, so I'm in the large subway tunnel room, and there's a Trophy behind a fuse box gate. Does anyone have any idea where I can get some electricity to break it?

Took me awhile on that, til I realized,
the electrical gun works

StalkerUKCG said:
What happens if you go left? does she turn round?

If you mean right (i.e.
choosing to leave him
, she
walks out saying "Screw Him" and the credits immediately roll, causing me to be in an actual state of shock, and then Strange comes on the radio saying Protocol 10 was successful, and you hear transissions about how Batman is dead and the world has descended into chaos. Then, after you've almost had a heart attack IRL, the game rewinds (literally) and you're back at the decision

StalkerUKCG said:
What happens if you go left? does she turn round?

If you go right and decide to leave Batman behind the credits start to roll and after while Oracle is talking about how Batman and commissioner Gordon are dead. Then everything rewinds till the point catwomen has to decide between saving Batman or leaving him behind.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
So you don't feel embarrassed for doing 30+ hours in a week, which is something like me, lol.
Embarrassed? Never.

Actually I was embarrassed for playing Twilight Princess 7 hours a day. Yes, 7. ;_;

It'd be handy though. Sometimes I wanna keep track.

GQman2121

Banned
I beat it early this morning and really enjoyed how they wrapped up the questions I had about a few of the cut scenes......

Specifically, in the scene where you confront
Joker in the steel mill before your battle. When you approach, he's clearly still sick and dying while putting his lipstick on. However, that totally contradicts everything you've been shown or heard guards talking about on your way back to the mill. Everything was about how he was back to being himself and healthy, and you see him multiple times on your way to the battle looking fine. So it was nice to see how they worked that into the narrative with Clayface because I assumed when it happened that it was a mistake.

One thing I'm not quite clear on though is
Talia's role with Joker when they leave Bats in the steel mill. At that point she has the cure on her, because she intercepted Harley (explaining why Harley was tied up) before she could return it to Joker. But why leave Bats stuck under the concrete? Why not kill Joker right there, if that was the plan all along, and cure Batman? The fact that Talia willfully walks off with Joker, only to be taken hostage seems kind of weak to me.

The ending seemed kind of
abrupt too. I kept waiting for some type of twist but it never came. I don't know what to expect from the inevitable sequel. I did enjoy Joker's rendition of Only You though.

protonion

Finished with the riddler stuff and I think I'm done with the game. Any more secrets in there?

You can really tell that they put a lot of work. Amazing attention to detail.
Awesome game overall but considering certain November releases it's no goty.

One thing I want to say is that the way the game's mechanics are designed, there cannot be a lot of variety. If you think about it every major action area (and there are not a lot) is the same. A square room with gargoyles and patrols. Glide hide repeat. They tried a lot with sensors and stuff but in the end they feel repetitive. I had more fun exploring the city.

Palmer_v1

789shadow said:
Ok, so I'm in the large subway tunnel room, and there's a Trophy behind a fuse box gate. Does anyone have any idea where I can get some electricity to break it?

Look for ways to disrupt the power, instead. extra hint:
see if there are any other ways to get something into the room

LiK

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I heard some thug in Joker's territory talking about some hidden vault with money in it. Does it really exist?

i'm gonna assume they mean the vault in
Catwoman's mission

Anybody want to trade skins or things like that? I still have a Dark Knight Returns skin, and a iceberg lounge challenge map up for trade. I already have the Batman Beyond and 1970's skin.

Grisby

Solo said:
Talia
has dat butt implants
I honestly didn't even know that
Ras had a daughter. I don't follow the comics anymore. This kinda made me want to get back into it though.

LiK

Grisby said:
Ras had a daughter. I don't follow the comics anymore. This kinda made me want to get back into it though.

never saw her in the animated series? hotness x1000

overcast

Grisby said:
Really?
Talia was in the Animated Series too
edit: Damn you Lik

I really want the Batman Beyond and TAS skins :[

LiK

overcast said:
Really?
Talia was in the Animated Series too

I really want the Batman Beyond and TAS skins :[

i dunno about you guys, but i'm buying all the DLC including the skins pack. i'm a big fan of the challenge rooms so i'll be using them there.

protonion said:
Finished with the riddler stuff and I think I'm done with the game. Any more secrets in there?

You can really tell that they put a lot of work. Amazing attention to detail.
Awesome game overall but considering certain November releases it's no goty.

One thing I want to say is that the way the game's mechanics are designed, there cannot be a lot of variety. If you think about it every major action area (and there are not a lot) is the same. A square room with gargoyles and patrols. Glide hide repeat. They tried a lot with sensors and stuff but in the end they feel repetitive. I had more fun exploring the city.

I think the real fun in the predator rooms come from trying out different ways to take the enemies out. Yeah, you can play it safe, by just taking out one enemy at a time and fly back to the gargoyles. But doing different things like leaving explosive gel on knocked out enemies, doing takedowns from the vents, the ledges, the grates, through the windows. Dropping smoke and doing multiple smoke takedowns, line launcher takedowns. Perching up on the line launcher to get across rooms with out the gargoyles. OMG, this game!!!!

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I found a locked door in the Docks/Steelmill section of the map and i'm not having any luck with either Catwoman or Batman in opening it. Is it a DLC quest?

LiK

Mr. Sam said:
I've become addicted to challenge rooms. I must play more of the main game to unlock more!

kinda annoying that many of them require you to solve Riddler clues to unlock.

FStop7

Banned
Final Catwoman mission protip

If you're like me and have had trouble with the huge brawl in the museum on Hard difficulty, the secret is to isolate dudes from the crowd with your whip and then use the beat down move on them. You have to thin the herd. Catwoman doesn't do nearly as much damage as Batman, so a straight up attack/counter fight is almost impossible on Hard.

Vire

Need help with one of the Extreme Predator challenges. It says to knock an enemy off a ledge with a remote batarang but whenever use it they just bounce into the wall and don't fall over.

Any tips?

Vire said:
Need help with one of the Extreme Predator challenges. It says to knock an enemy off a ledge with a remote batarang but whenever use it they just bounce into the wall and don't fall over.

Any tips?

Use Right Trigger to boost it, maybe? Just a hunch.

Vire

Inferno313 said:
Use Right Trigger to boost it, maybe? Just a hunch.
Yeah I boosted it but still no luck, hmm.

Maybe it needs to boost for a long time. Or be combined with another gadget?

I'll keep trying.

LiK

-Pyromaniac- said:
I have a question, is this the type of game where when you beat it you can continue to do side stuff, or is it over when it's over?
You can keep going just like in AA.

LiK said:
You can keep going just like in AA.
ah ok, good because I'm in a rush to beat this game because I'm afraid I'll be too busy to play, but I want to do side stuff too so I guess I'll zooooom through this story and use whatever time left for side stuff.

werrrd.

LiK

-Pyromaniac- said:
ah ok, good because I'm in a rush to beat this game because I'm afraid I'll be too busy to play, but I want to do side stuff too so I guess I'll zooooom through this story and use whatever time left for side stuff.

werrrd.
Yea, all side stuff is available after story campaign. No worries.

Top Bottom