• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Only you
can make this world seem right
Only you
can make the darkness bright
Only you and you alone
can thrill me like you do
and fill my heart with love for only you

Only you
can make this change in me
For it's true
you are my destiny
When you hold my hand, I understand
the magic that you do

You're my dream come true
my one and only you, only you

Only you and you alone

Only you
For it's true
you are my destiny
When you hold my hand, i understand
the magic that you do do
my one my one my one and only you

Cheska

So is the
Mister Freeze
battle about half way through the game? That's the current spot I'm at.

Ra1den said:
wait what?

That was the promotion Walmart was holding. If you bought Batman AC through them, you also received Arkham Asylum.

Solo

Good lord. 15 hours into this so far and I'm still only at 72% story and 36% overall. Holy fuck is Batman such an awesome asshole.

INTERROGATE THUG BY HANGING HIM UPSIDE OVER A LEDGE AND THREATENING TO DROP HIM IF HE DOESNT TELL YOU ABOUT THE RIDDLER

*insert Batman trollface here*

DROP HIM ANYWAYS AFTER HE TELLS YOU

Solo

Square Triangle said:
Well he doesn't technically drop him, Batman is a gentleman.

Nope, he most certainly did drop a dude from the top balcony in one of the rooms in the steel mill just about half an hour ago for me. Probably killed the poor guy, seeing as he dropped him 2 stories and he landed on his head.

:lol

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Solo said:
Good lord. 15 hours into this so far and I'm still only at 72% story and 36% overall. Holy fuck is Batman such an awesome asshole.

INTERROGATE THUG BY HANGING HIM UPSIDE OVER A LEDGE AND THREATENING TO DROP HIM IF HE DOESNT TELL YOU ABOUT THE RIDDLER

*insert Batman trollface here*

DROP HIM ANYWAYS AFTER HE TELLS YOU
Just wait til you interrogate dudes with your boot holding their skull to the pavement (usually happens when you knock them down before interrogating them). BAT-SKULL CRUSH

Solo

I love how the main theme is basically a perfect storm of Zimmer/JNH and Elfman. So good that I find myself always sitting on the title screen for a few minutes before playing.

Solo said:
Nope, he most certainly did drop a dude from the top balcony in one of the rooms in the steel mill just about half an hour ago for me. Probably killed the poor guy, seeing as he dropped him 2 stories and he landed on his head.

Oh shit, I haven't seen this! Batman you rebel you.

SpeedingUptoStop

Batman doesn't kill people, but he most certainly will do everything ranging from incapacitating them to straight up crippling their entire body and putting them in a permanent coma.

Massa

Solo said:

I think you may be seeing things. What in fact happened is that the guy saw that the fucking Batman was getting close and jumped to his death on his own.

overcast

Solo said:
I love how the main theme is basically a perfect storm of Zimmer/JNH and Elfman. So good that I find myself always sitting on the title screen for a few minutes before playing.
It really is an excellent theme.

So I just finished a sidequest(don't read if you haven't completed all of them)
It was the Hush one. So gooooood. Game keeps on giving

SpeedingUptoStop

overcast said:
It really is an excellent theme.

So I just finished a sidequest(don't read if you haven't completed all of them)
It was the Hush one. So gooooood. Game keeps on giving
Yep.
Loved that it didn't end in a battle or that it was even conclusive. Totally just set up for the next game that also adds to the feel of the story/game.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm lovin' gliding over Arkham City with the Beyond Skin.

But what the hell, the Joker Carnival Challenge Map is just ONE MAP with a TIME LIMIT of 3 Minutes. To get 3 medals you need a 1,000,000, what the fuck!

BY2K said:
Gliding around in the Beyond suit in Detective Mode just makes me want a Batman Beyond game (the blue look resembles that of future Gotham). C'mon, Rocksteady! With the ending,
they can even do a take on Return of the Joker!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
moop2000 said:
Only you
can make this world seem right
Only you
can make the darkness bright
Only you and you alone

Only you
For it's true
you are my destiny
When you hold my hand, I understand
the magic that you do

my one and only you, only you

Only you and you alone

Only you
For it's true
you are my destiny
When you hold my hand, i understand
the magic that you do do
my one my one my one and only you
This gave me chills when it started.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, what?! That's the ending? That felt very... anti-climactic. I did a lot of side missions, had I not the main story must have been awfully short.

I don't know guys. I'll try and be more articulate later, but Asylum seems like a much, much, much better game than this. I'm very disappointed. Asylum felt laser-focused. This was just more, at the expense of that focus.

Edit: as I was playing it all felt like it was building to something, and then it just... didn't. :(

What the heck are you supposed to do to the Harlequin statues in the Steel Mill?

I tried hitting use, and it just plays a message, and I can't figure out how to destroy them for the riddler checklist.

Halp?

Korosenai

The Antitype said:
What the heck are you supposed to do to the Harlequin statues in the Steel Mill?

I tried hitting use, and it just plays a message, and I can't figure out how to destroy them for the riddler checklist.

Halp?
REC it

Need help here. I'm two parts into the Identity Theft side quest. I couldn't find the third body so I looked up several guides, and the body isn't where it's supposed to be. I've finished the main storyline so I don't think there's anything that I have to do to get any further...Is there? Any help, tips or guidance? Would be much appreciated.

BY2K said:
That's it, I want my own Bat Signal.

I've got mine ;)

AcfPwdUCIAEUFlY.jpg

AcfPrN6CEAI17sj.jpg

vixlar

BY2K said:

But what the hell, the Joker Carnival Challenge Map is just ONE MAP with a TIME LIMIT of 3 Minutes. To get 3 medals you need a 1,000,000, what the fuck!

I think it is something like "the weakest rival". As you build your combo, you get levels. You can see those levels at your right. Each level gives you bonus points and time. The higher the level, more points and time. If the combo breaks, you lose the bonus. To retrieve the bonus, you must press RB. When you get the bonus, the enemies got tougher. I think it is an interesting mechanic. I only did 100k points, hehehe.

BTW, I loved the fight against Mr. Freeze.

Nori Chan

Buckethead said:
Sounds like your cousin needs to catch a beating.
I mean, I beat the game already. But it was nice to pop it in for 30 minutes and get some riddler trophies or do one challenge map which I am falling in love with.

But how am I going to live for 2 weeks without dat ass in the halloween costume? mnmmmm

Imm0rt4l

having trouble with the identity theft case,
I'm on the part where there is a body in an alley, other than the blood on the ground, there doesn't seem to be anything to scan and in the alley over a bum/political prisoner says that he saw wayne or some shit

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Noriega said:
I mean, I beat the game already. But it was nice to pop it in for 30 minutes and get some riddler trophies or do one challenge map which I am falling in love with.

But how am I going to live for 2 weeks without dat ass in the halloween costume? mnmmmm

I wonder how many Easter Eggs are buried deep within Arkham City. I assume most of the semi-hidden ones, like
the run-in with Killer Croc & Harley's pregnancy test
have been found by now.

But, I just saw a video of
Scarecrow's hidden shipping container, with details on his plans for Gotham
and my mind was fairly blown.

I'm sure there's waaaaay more in there, waiting to be uncovered. Arkham City is much bigger than Asylum, and Asylum had literally dozens of references to obscure characters like Rat Catcher: http://www.gamesradar.com/the-28-hidden-characters-in-batman-arkham-asylum/.

IGN has a wiki page compiling most of the secrets / easter eggs in one place: http://www.ign.com/wikis/batman-arkham-city/Secrets

SpeedingUptoStop

Yea, after the secret room in AA, there's no doubt some guy out there putting explosive gel on every single wall in the whole god damn game.

FStop7

Banned
Special Combo Multiple Takedown makes you pretty much invincible in a brawl, even on hard. I just chewed through 14 thugs in the courthouse like it was nothing.

Two nights ago I had no intention of buying this game for a long while...then I watched my friend play the Bruce Wayne intro. I said my god out loud and bought the game yesterday and beat it tonight. Easily my GOTY so far. I cant wait for the Robin and Nightwing DLC. Catwoman is amazing to play as so I expect these 2 to also be as fun.

Jintor

FStop7 said:
Special Combo Multiple Takedown makes you pretty much invincible in a brawl, even on hard. I just chewed through 14 thugs in the courthouse like it was nothing.

14 thugs are nothing.

hitmon

Just finished main story. I don't buy DLC, but I am tempted for this title. Definite GOTY candidate for me. We'll see what Skyrim and Uncharted 3 can do, but so far nothing compares for me.

shamanick

Just finished. Spoilers for ending:
holy shit

This is the first game for me that Nolan North was ubiquitous to the point of distracting. He has a lot of different voices, but more than a few times I heard him talking to himself.

.GqueB.

Banned
weekend_warrior said:
So this has been sitting on my shelf for about a week and I have no desire to play it. Someone convince me to.
You bought it... play it or return it. Why do you need convincing? What a dumb post.

Top Bottom