• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Blizzard

Banned
Square Triangle said:
Referring to what's in the spoiler tag? Or the entire post? There is nothing spoiled in the post unless you did highlight the spoiler tag.
The post I quoted, right above mine, did NOT have that spoilered at all. :( It's still weeks from the PC release, right?

Square Triangle said:
Referring to what's in the spoiler tag? Or the entire post? There is nothing spoiled in the post unless you did highlight the spoiler tag.
The poster added a spoiler tag that wasnt present in the original post

overcast said:
I meant like doing all the sidequests. Riddler and what not.

Do I have to gold medal every challenge room to get 100%??

Yup, 3 ?'s on every combat/predator/campaign challenge.

I won't ever get 100% because the campaign challenges are bullshit.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
There we go. I got 440/440 riddles and completed all the side missions. Finally got that last AR mission.

RyanardoDaVinci said:

Yep, I'll never get there, and I'm good at combat, but not quite that good. I should be able to average 2 medals all around and get the two bronze trophies for regular/campaign challenges.

Dan said:
Yep, I'll never get there, and I'm good at combat, but not quite that good. I should be able to average 2 medals all around and get the two bronze trophies for regular/campaign challenges.

The Combat Challenges are a breeze compared to Asylum, thanks to the new superfocus mode or whatever it's called; it's the Campaign Challenges that are a ridiculous requirement, as there are 12 missions, each comprised of 3 of the previous combat/predator challenges strung together.

I expected a lot more from "Campaign" Challenges; like, doing certain parts of the actual campaign with restrictions/requirements/modifiers etc.

Not a mash-up of already ???'d challenges...

If I choose to
take the money and run as Catwoman
will I still get to collect any of the relevant trophies I may have missed? Or will I have to wait for new-game plus?

Edit: Nevermind.

benzy

The Antitype said:
If I choose to
take the money and run as Catwoman
will I still get to collect any of the relevant trophies I may have missed? Or will I have to wait for new-game plus?

Edit:
Wait, what the hell?! Why would Catwoman choosing not to save Batman prevent Talia from rescuing his ass? That doesn't make sense...

The game will just rewind if you choose to take the money and run and you get to make the decision over

overcast

RyanardoDaVinci said:

Welp. I haven't tried it an it seems like I'm screwed :\

As I have said before I can't play as Catwoman yet, when I am able to how much gameplay time should I be expecting as her?

BIG SIDE QUEST SPOILER
Azrael part was FUCKING AWESOME TOO! Just like Hush, sets up another plot perfectly. So it seems we have another game after this one fellas. Was a bit worried there after the ending.

At what point can you no longer explore the city and collect trophies, riddles and side-quests?

I don't want to get into new-game+ until I find all that stuff, and I'm nervous about missing a point of no return without warning.

Don't worry about spoilers (in my case, block it out for others obviously), I see where the story is going.

overcast

The Antitype said:
At what point can you no longer explore the city and collect trophies, riddles and side-quests?

I don't want to get into new-game+ until I find all that stuff, and I'm nervous about missing a point of no return without warning.

Don't worry about spoilers (in my case, block it out for others obviously), I see where the story is going.
You can pick up right after the end of the game and continue looking for things. Without starting a NG+ I'm doing exactly what you want to do as well.

overcast said:
You can pick up right after the end of the game and continue looking for things. Without starting a NG+ I'm doing exactly what you want to do as well.

Thanks for the quick response at this time of night dude.

I thought I was the only one up at this hour playing videogames and surfing GAF simultaneously!

overcast

The Antitype said:

I thought I was the only one up at this hour playing videogames and surfing GAF simultaneously!
Yup. I need to use the guide for some riddler trophies online lol.

Is there a way to trigger side-missions?

It's a little weird that I'm already going into Strange's tower, but the percentages for the Serial Killer and Identity Theft side-quests are only about 40% (so two alerts?)...

overcast

The Antitype said:

It's a little weird that I'm already going into Strange's tower, but the percentages for the Serial Killer and Identity Theft side-quests are only about 40% (so two alerts?)...
In the case of those 2 it's a bit random. It took a bit of gliding around basically and I got them. It won't take too long in either case. Serial Killer side quest is great btw.
Also, the game is about as long as AA which is surprising considering it's larger in scale. It's definitely better imo.

The Antitype said:

You have to find the next body, it doesn't randomly show up for that one, its just in one spot. The phone one is random, as is saving the citizens from thugs one.

Sean

Banned
overcast said:
As I have said before I can't play as Catwoman yet, when I am able to how much gameplay time should I be expecting as her?

Catwoman stuff is very short. First chapter is literally like 2 minutes and takes place in a single room. The other three chapters range between 10-20 minutes a piece, total playtime is definitely less than an hour. IMO it was the weakest part of the game too, not terrible, but not up to par with the Batman stuff.

Sean said:
Catwoman stuff is very short. First chapter is literally like 2 minutes and takes place in a single room. The other three chapters range between 10-20 minutes a piece, total playtime is definitely less than an hour. IMO it was the weakest part of the game too, not terrible, but not up to par with the Batman stuff.
The city is pretty much open during the 2nd mission, I leveled up quite a bit before going off to face
Ivy

MINOR MUSEUM SPOILER:
Is that supposed to be Kitana from MK from the booth in front of the first cope you save
I died before I got the intro for the Shark. I thought the death scene was supposed to be funny

Sean

Banned
akilshohen said:
The city is pretty much open during the 2nd mission, I leveled up quite a bit before going off to face
Ivy

Yeah, you can squeeze more playtime out of the Catwoman stuff if you go after her trophies and level her up and such, but that's not really necessary at all. I completed the game without upgrading her once.

Her campaign is pretty weak IMO when you think about it.

Episode 1 -
Walk up to the safe, then beat up Two Faces thugs. All takes place in that one room and lasts two minutes.
Episode 2 -
Go to apartment to get equipment (she jumps in and out of a window, can't even look inside her place), then go to Poison Ivy's place and beat like three waves of thugs.
Episode 3 -
Walk literally one room over, pickpocket the two guards, then beat up the guards inside the giant safe.
Episode 4 -
Two Face "boss" fight in the museum. Nothing really involved, just beat him up and don't die.

Even Batman's side missions are far more involved and larger in scope than those episodes.

Can you switch freely between Catwoman and Batman after you finish the game? Or will I have to jump back into new-game plus in order to collect the remaining Catwoman trophies that I can't access (cause I need Batman to glide/line-launch into some panels or whatever).

The Antitype said:
Can you switch freely between Catwoman and Batman after you finish the game? Or will I have to jump back into new-game plus in order to collect the remaining Catwoman trophies that I can't access (cause I need Batman to glide/line-launch into some panels or whatever).

There are switch points around the map.

Xevren

The Antitype said:

Can switch at select locations in post game.

/\

Thanks.

Yeah, I was disappointed in the Catwoman missions too.

When Rockstead said that Catwoman would be stealing from the villains in Arkham City, I figured she would be looting people like Two Face, Penguin, Riddler, Joker, etc while they were occupied with Batman.

So you'd have different interactions with those characters, different traps to negotiate or what have you.

Sean said:
Yeah, you can squeeze more playtime out of the Catwoman stuff if you go after her trophies and level her up and such, but that's not really necessary at all. I completed the game without upgrading her once.

Her campaign is pretty weak IMO when you think about it.

Episode 1 -
Walk up to the safe, then beat up Two Faces thugs. All takes place in that one room and lasts two minutes.
Episode 2 -
Go to apartment to get equipment (she jumps in and out of a window, can't even look inside her place), then go to Poison Ivy's place and beat like three waves of thugs.
yeah I finished mission 2, it took me a long time because the "LEVEL UP" text was blocking the compass. I was a little upset that you
you don't get to explore her place at all
If you look at her as a glorified Robin, you'll be fine.

Angst

The Antitype said:

Not everyone here is in the US :)

Jintor said:
By the way, collectable stuff does carry over between normal game and NG+, so don't fret too much about it.

Honestly, I feel the same way about this game as I did Resident Evil 4.

I know I'll look back on it as an incredibly satisfying experience in a few weeks, even months. But at this point, it's crossed that fine line from incredibly satisfying to 'just fucking END already'. Like it went 5 hours or so past the point of 'leave the audience wanting more' and into 'the audience wants you off the fucking stage, NOW'

akilshohen said:
MINOR MUSEUM SPOILER:
Is that supposed to be Kitana from MK from the booth in front of the first cope you save
I died before I got the intro for the Shark. I thought the death scene was supposed to be funny

You sir, are in for a crash course in Batman mythos. :)

sophora

Been putting some good time into my copy for the past few days. Picked it up Friday night from Walmart for that bundle with Arkham Asylum. Originally the plan was power through the first game and jump into Arkham City, but the new game just kept calling out to me! Put a good 15 hours so far into it and loving every minute of it. Had to wrestle the controller from my BF who kept playing it this weekend while I was napping or eating. He's almost up to where I'm at now, though at the rate I'm going I'll be done with the game in a few days lol.

Doomrider

LiK said:
I did a ton of Riddler stuff last night. So good. Really smart lil puzzles for some. Quite varied.

And almost every riddle gives you something, be it AC Stories, character trophies, challenge maps, artwork... It's amazing, and I can't stop doing it.

Lakitu

st5fu
No. No. No. No. No.

I cannot fucking believe it.

My save is corrupt. That's 20 hours down the fucking drain. I was scanning a riddle then it just crashed, so I had no choice but to reset and it says corrupt save.

hamchan

I'm at 380/400 riddler challenges. I'm sure the final few will piss me off since I already skipped a couple I didn't know how to get.

LiK

Lakitu said:
No. No. No. No. No.

My save is corrupt. That's 20 hours down the fucking drain. I was scanning a riddle then it just crashed, so I had no choice but to reset and it says corrupt save.
What system?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Lakitu said:
No. No. No. No. No.

Oh wow that sucks.

That's why i finished the main story in one session :p

Don't download anything while playing i've heard this may cause this problem.

masterkajo

I am replaying B:AA on PC while I am waiting for B:AC to release and love all those little Riddler challenges. This time I will even complete every challenge map.

Wow... 400 Riddler challenges? Oh, how I look forward to these :)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Enjoying the game, but I think I prefer Arkham Asylum at this point. Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic game, but it just doesn't feel as focused as the original. I almost feel as if there are too many features for its own good.

Each of the main story missions are well done for sure, but something about them isn't appealing to me as much as the original. The city is well done, but again, I actually kind of preferred the island environment.

Anyone else feel this way?

BFIB

I finally got to dig into this heavy yesterday. Restarted from scratch, and got up to
hunting down Mr. Freeze's location

Fantastic game, though I'm horrible against enemies with guns.

Also, took me about 50 tries on the advances AR training, until I figured out the trick. Completed all of those last night, so I'm hoping to start digging into the sidequests tonight.

LiK

Lakitu said:
360. There is a fix for PS3. Is there one for 360? Please tell me there is one. I haven't got the patience do all that stuff again.
I dunno about saves corrupting or a fix. Only know of the DLC corruption. That sucks. I definitely recommend going to the Arkham City official forums. Maybe they can help.

Lakitu

st5fu
I tried clearing the system cache... doesn't work. This appears to be a common problem as well going by the Arkham City boards.

I'm not touching the game again until there is a fix for this.

LiK said:
I dunno about saves corrupting or a fix. Only know of the DLC corruption. That sucks. I definitely recommend going to the Arkham City official forums. Maybe they can help.

Yeah, going through that thread on the Arkham City boards. Quite a few are experiencing corrupt data like I am.

RPGCrazied

I need help with a couple riddler trophies.

6 questions marks in a cage like room, 3 on the top and 3 at the bottom. Then there is one with nothing but ocean at your feet and a cage hallway, I can zip line and zip line again but its just a dead end and I fall in the water. Another is two plates on the wall of a building, and on the other side of each other.

Damn, I only have the Nigma's sidequest up to 40%.

Top Bottom