• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Kept forgetting one, but man this felt good to get:
Image_2011-11-01_at_12.12.40_AM.png

Korosenai

The Antitype said:
How do you get more Riddler informants to spawn? The only side-quest I have left is the final Riddler challenge, and I want to completely populate the map with the markers before I start going after them all.
Just keep searching all over the city. Mainly the Bowery and the Industrial District. If you can't find anymore, go in a building and walk back out.

Mulligan

Banned
Does anyone know if the U.K Nvidia promotion has ended? Am just about to pick up a 560ti and was really looking forward to my free code but can't find it on any of the sites now.. :(

exarkun

Called the support people at WB games, to see if I could replace the game or have them comp me something of similar value. They said they would appreciate it if I could give them a week so they could release the next patch, and if it still didn't work then they would give me either a refund or comparable game but probably the latter.

His exact words were "We've been hit with a backlog of calls, it kind of blindsided us, and we are trying to work around the clock to fix it."

Made me feel better, but for now I'm gonna try to play it on another create profile to see if it stops the freezing.

cackhyena

Anyone have funny glitches? Besides the thug falling to his own death right in front of me off a building high up while I get the slow mo finish credit for it, I had another last night.

I glide kicked off a high ledge and did the finishing move with right trigger where he does the flipping of the bad guy to finish him. Problem was, there was a fence in the way and Batman just threw him right into it. Poor shmuck crumpled against it and stuck to it. About 4 feet in the air, mashed against the fence and limbs all kinds of tangled. To top it off, the only visible part of his head was the top part. The rest was buried inside his torso. I fucked duder up something fierce. Anyway, that's how you kill as Batman.

Raxus

Got all the main achievements tonight (boosted the other calender man dates).

I only need the catwoman challenges now.

I just finished the game tonight after buying it at the midnight launch. I havent done any of the challenge maps or campaigns though. Havent even touched 'em =D.......yet.

Korosenai

I think the Joker challenge map is the best challenge map in the game. It really shows off the combat, and it will actually help you become better at the game.

Luthos

JumpingTheGun said:
Whats the highest combo you guys have gotten? My best has been somewhere in the 70's.
Just got an 85 combo on one of the campaign challenges, I think that's my highest combo so far. Also ended up getting a 128k score.

KevinCow

Banned
cackhyena said:
Anyone have funny glitches? Besides the thug falling to his own death right in front of me off a building high up while I get the slow mo finish credit for it, I had another last night.

I glide kicked off a high ledge and did the finishing move with right trigger where he does the flipping of the bad guy to finish him. Problem was, there was a fence in the way and Batman just threw him right into it. Poor shmuck crumpled against it and stuck to it. About 4 feet in the air, mashed against the fence and limbs all kinds of tangled. To top it off, the only visible part of his head was the top part. The rest was buried inside his torso. I fucked duder up something fierce. Anyway, that's how you kill as Batman.
Not really a glitch, but I once did a ledge interrogation where Batman hangs the guy off a ledge then drops him to hang by a rope.

Only the next level of the building was closer than the rope's length. So Batman just drops this dude ten feet onto his head.

cackhyena

KevinCow said:
Not really a glitch, but I once did a ledge interrogation where Batman hangs the guy off a ledge then drops him to hang by a rope.

Only the next level of the building was closer than the rope's length. So Batman just drops this dude ten feet onto his head.
Haha. I love unintentional things like that.

Balphon

JumpingTheGun said:
Whats the highest combo you guys have gotten? My best has been somewhere in the 70's.

140 or so, but most of it was spamming bat swarm while beating up on one of the big hammer guys.

W Hudson

JumpingTheGun said:

Just got my biggest one, 118 with Catwoman on round 4 of Survival of the Fittest Extreme. Ended up #3 on the leaderboard, if it wasn't for a small miscue on round 3 probably would of got the top score. Pretty satisfying nevertheless. Seems like big combos are much easier in this game compared to AA.

overcast

I only looked up certain predator maps on youtube.

The goal for the fighting is definitely to keep stringing together the combo until you go super mode essentially. The numbers go red, and everything is slow motion. It gets really easy after that. Take out the armored guys right away if possible, if you can try to stun them and beat them down. It will give you a high combo count quickly, be careful of people sneaking up on you (you can counter while beating down).

Korosenai

Raxus said:
I am guessing it is the last 3 (mixed) predator maps.
Then I would like to direct him to this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNH9l5TxyMQ

Square Triangle said:
Is there a youtube video anyone recommend to mastering the combat for the challenge rooms?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=336476

My tips. Fully upgrade batman in the single player before you do challenges. Critical Strikes, special combo takedown (b+y), and the special weapon destroyer move (I have no idea what it's called exactly, but x+y) are the most helpful things when you are going for this. Just try to get really good long combos going, whenever a enemy has a weapon, use x+y to destroy it. b+y is really good for people who have armor, so all you really have to do is get a x5 combo going, and then just take them down for the instant knockout, that way you can beat up on the weaker guys for easy combos.

Vire said:
Hey folks, just a reminded to visit Calendar Man for a Halloween story today!

(And it goes towards the achievement).

I just did it now. :)

Does it work with Catwoman? I was stuck on a Catwoman mission yesterday so went to pay him a visit anyway. He actually had quite a bit to say to her.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
NubInaTub said:
Then I would like to direct him to this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNH9l5TxyMQ

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=336476

My tips. Fully upgrade batman in the single player before you do challenges. Critical Strikes, special combo takedown (b+y), and the special weapon destroyer move (I have no idea what it's called exactly, but x+y) are the most helpful things when you are going for this. Just try to get really good long combos going, whenever a enemy has a weapon, use x+y to destroy it. b+y is really good for people who have armor, so all you really have to do is get a x5 combo going, and then just take them down for the instant knockout, that way you can beat up on the weaker guys for easy combos.
This guy is so wrong.

The armored guys are the best to build up a combo, stun them and do the beat down, you get like an x15 or x16 just from one guy, not to mention it's really easy to counter someone attacking you from behind, and just go right back to beating up the armored guy.

The only people you should use your combo on is the disarm and destroy on the stun batons, riot shields, and guns of course, those are a pain in the ass. Everything else in some way gives you a lot of points. Getting a huge combo going and then doing the knife counter takedown gives you like x75 or something. They are the second biggest point earners, after ground takedowns.

Korosenai

LAUGHTREY said:
This guy is so wrong.

The armored guys are the best to build up a combo, stun them and do the beat down, you get like an x15 or x16 just from one guy, not to mention it's really easy to counter someone attacking you from behind, and just go right back to beating up the armored guy.

The only people you should use your combo on is the disarm and destroy on the stun batons, riot shields, and guns of course, those are a pain in the ass. Everything else in some way gives you a lot of points. Getting a huge combo going and then doing the knife counter takedown gives you like x75 or something. They are the second biggest point earners, after ground takedowns.
Ive already got perfect knight day 2, and i can beat any challenge map on my first try using the techniques i posted. I even got every catwoman combat challenge on my first try using those techniques. The armor guys are just a pain in the butt.

LAUGHTREY said:
This guy is so wrong.

I agree with your strategy on the armor guys. I have just been taking them out because I hate breaking a combo by accidentally trying to punch one. I use that strategy on the big guys but never thought to use it on them. Also didn't know realize that the knife counter gave such big points, I'll have to exploit that.

Been going through as catwoman and not having the disarm and destroy combo is killing me point wise, especially on the extreme joker map and whatever the last extreme one is.

brb

Finally finished all of Riddler's challenge rooms/campaign. So glad I never have to do those again.

Now I just need to run through NG+ and its side missions for that platinum. :D

Sporran said:
Absolutely awesome game but gutted. Got to the end fmv and for some reason i had no sound for the entire clip, doesnt look like there is a replay option either :(

Balls.

Loved it though, the music is top notch!

Had exactly the same problem on PS3, had to watch again on youtube.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Laughtrey's right if you want to top the leaderboards. If you're just going to try and make the score for the stage, you can get away with taking the armor guys down; anything to help you hold the combo is good. Otherwise, they are HUGE for points and combo building.

LAUGHTREY said:
This guy is so wrong.

Yeah, the combat system has always been about managing/maximizing combo and points, not managing/minimizing threats. Armoured guys are my favourites to keep alive. You just cape stun them and then smack them around in a corner, occasionally countering someone who comes at your back (or evading if they're using a riot shield or baton).

The X+Y attack is so useful: nothing like stripping a crowd of their advantages and just having a huge bunch of ordinary thugs to bat around for maximum points (plus the riot shield disarm is one of my favourite animations). I try to use Y+B once at most in a given round, just for the variation bonus. Otherwise it's robbing you of potential points for doing something else more interesting.

I'm still not 100% on the knife evade, though, so I admit I try to avoid doing it unless my combo is very, very high.

Imm0rt4l said:
bought 2 cans of nos for the batman beyond skin, neither code I received worked. balls
You don't use the NOS can codes straight from the cap. You have to go to the NOS Rewards site and redeem them as points to buy the DLC code off their rewards selection. If you did this already, sorry but you didn't say you did. >_>

Imm0rt4l

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
You don't use the NOS can codes straight from the cap. You have to go to the NOS Rewards site and redeem them as points to buy the DLC code off their rewards selection. If you did this already, sorry but you didn't say you did. >_>
Yea I went to drinknos.com to redeem them, registered and entered the code, they didn't work. :mad:

JJBro One

Is anyone else having trouble countering more than one enemy at once? Sometimes batman will just counter one and leave himself wide open for the other one. It's especially difficult when one attacks right after the other one.

overcast

JJBro One said:
Is anyone else having trouble countering more than one enemy at once? Sometimes batman will just counter one and leave himself wide open for the other one. It's especially difficult when one attacks right after the other one.
If two people attack you at the same time, just tap the counter button a few times and he'll counter both of them.

So in my impatience I've rented this for 360 despite having also bought the Steam version. Just how much do I miss out on not having this online pass nonsense? Is it worth proceeding with the campaign or should I just mess about in the open world?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
SenorDingDong said:
So in my impatience I've rented this for 360 despite having also bought the Steam version. Just how much do I miss out on not having this online pass nonsense? Is it worth proceeding with the campaign or should I just mess about in the open world?

You miss nothing critical storywise and about 2-3 hours storymodegameplaywise.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
SenorDingDong said:
You're missing nothing worthwhile.

I appreciate the feedback. I guess I'll venture into the campaign then and go for a bit more of a completionist run once the Steam version unlocks.

Just got the nightwing DLC im enjoying it, nothing amazing but if you have the points it adds 2 new achievemtns and he is pretty fun to play as.

BY2K

Membero Americo
BankaiZaraki said:
So if you didnt visit Calender Man yesterday..you don't get an achievement? Well thats fucking lame.

Just go change the time and date on your console.

bubnbob

Banned
BankaiZaraki said:
So if you didnt visit Calender Man yesterday..you don't get an achievement? Well thats fucking lame.

No, you either wait until Halloween 2012, or go offline (as in, unplug your console) and rewind to yesterday.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Nightwing DLC seems a bit bare... He doesn't talk at all and Animated Nightwing doesn't even have his mullet. It's a travesty that disco collar original Nightwing isn't in here too.

The new combat map is points city. Last wave has a ton of knife guys, x100 multipliers all over the place.
BankaiZaraki said:
I'm pretty sure Halloween isn't the only holiday in the year...

cackhyena

StalkerUKCG said:
Just got the nightwing DLC im enjoying it, nothing amazing but if you have the points it adds 2 new achievemtns and he is pretty fun to play as.
Why can't we just dink around in the city as these guys?

Top Bottom