• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

overcast said:
If two people attack you at the same time, just tap the counter button a few times and he'll counter both of them.
Yeah, each counter tap 'removes' one of the counter icons, so if you see three sets of lightning bolts you should tap three times. This is most obvious in the Ra's boss fight when you have to counter like twenty dudes at once.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone do Joker's Challenge Map as Nightwing

'Who the hell are you? Just kidding. It's Nightwing!' Thought that was a fun touch

KevinCow

Banned
How are Robin and Nightwing in the predator challenge rooms? Do they control pretty much like Batman, with the grapnel and glide, or are they more unique characters like Catwoman?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
KevinCow said:
How are Robin and Nightwing in the predator challenge rooms? Do they control pretty much like Batman, with the grapnel and glide, or are they more unique characters like Catwoman?
It's kind of a mix for Nightwing, I didn't preorder from BestBuy, so I don't have Robin yet. Nightwing's got the batclaw and the line launcher. He uses the batclaw to get up on top of structures, but he actually has Catwoman's pounce instead of the glide. He's also got a tranquilizer gun and a couple different gadgets(nowhere near as many as end-game Batman though)

DodgerSan

Shig said:
Nightwing DLC seems a bit bare... He doesn't talk at all and Animated Nightwing doesn't even have his mullet. It's a travesty that disco collar original Nightwing isn't in here too.

The new combat map is points city. Last wave has a ton of knife guys, x100 multipliers all over the place.

I'm pretty sure Halloween isn't the only holiday in the year...
Shame he doesn't talk.

Another weird thing, in the challenge rooms from the game, the enemies say stuff like "You're going down Nightwing" but in the maps that ship WITH NIGHTWING they say nothing. Bizarre.

Yen

What do I have to do to get the
second Deadshot mission
, the second Identity Thief mission and meet
Azrael
?

Korosenai

Trin3785 said:
PM sent,

Anyone know How many challenge maps were added with the nightwing pack? 2?
Yea just two.

Haha just got rank #1 on meltdown mayhem for nightwing. Let's see how long I can hold it for.

steadfast

Yenrot said:
What do I have to do to get the
second Deadshot mission
, the second Identity Thief mission and meet
Azrael
?

Explore, explore, and explore.

1) Oracle will let you know when you're close to a
Deadshot victim
2) Identity thief victims are all in the same main area, not all spread out.
3) He'll always be up high: check detective vision for stationary blue guys on top of tall things.

Yen

steadfast said:
Explore, explore, and explore.

1) Oracle will let you know when you're close to a
Deadshot victim
2) Identity thief victims are all in the same main area, not all spread out.
3) He'll always be up high: check detective vision for stationary blue guys on top of tall things.
Thanks, I spent like 90 minutes wandering about the city...doing nothing looking for these things.

spekkeh

Banned
Pretty late to the party as usual, but just finished the game yesterday. Awesome game. At the moment contesting with Portal 2 over my GOTY (but many more games to follow). Don't know if I really agree with the 9.5 metacritic though, I thought the main plot was pretty convoluted. I think I would've preferred it if they had focused on a few less villains.

Yenrot said:
Thanks, I spent like 90 minutes wandering about the city...doing nothing looking for these things.
It might help to focus on other side quests, usually when you are busy it's when a new mission comes up.

As with the
identity theft
, I believe after the second one you are on your own. No oracle, no hints.

W Hudson

NubInaTub said:
Yea just two.

Haha just got rank #1 on meltdown mayhem for nightwing. Let's see how long I can hold it for.

How is the
Wayne Manor
map? Is it predator or combat? And congrats on the #1 spot, no matter how short lived it is.

Anybody managed a top 10 challenge score as Batman yet? I've got a couple with Catwoman but the Batman scores are through the roof. Starting to get better at maximizing my score but some people out there are outrageous.

overcast said:
If two people attack you at the same time, just tap the counter button a few times and he'll counter both of them.
Multicounters are a time for button mashing. Countering in general is a time for button mashing in case you miss the fact that you're getting hit by several targets.

krameriffic said:
Multicounters are a time for button mashing. Countering in general is a time for button mashing in case you miss the fact that you're getting hit by several targets.
I can't believe I didn't know about this. This simple fact of hitting the counter button multiple times is going to make a huge difference in my challenge room scores thanks!

Vire

Haha kinda neat:

Lebron James just beat Arkham City.

http://twitter.com/#!/KingJames/status/131471765158363137

IvbpA.png

ChocolateCupcakes said:
So about the
Deadshot mission
does it come up randomly or as I progress or do I have to actually be in the vicinity of the next point in the mission?
Personal experience is progress, since I remember having to make my way across from town. Either way, can't miss it, that gunshot sound is loud

Quick question. How do you hit the riddler pads that are on the side of buildings? Do I need to be Catwoman? Also what is the best recomendation for those few pesky trophies that require you to hit 6 different riddler switches in a short amount of time. I've tried to use explosive Gel on three of them on the lower level and try and quickly hit the other three but I always seem to be a hair behind no matter how fast I go.

I really want to get in on this Nightwing action, but only two maps and not being able to free roam with him are making me hesitant

How fun is he to play as compared to Catwoman? And are there a bunch of new badass animations for him?

Nori Chan

Mr. Paer said:
I really want to get in on this Nightwing action, but only two maps and not being able to free roam with him are making me hesitant

How fun is he to play as compared to Catwoman? And are there a bunch of new badass animations for him?
What do you mean two maps?

You're able to use him in the campaign challenges or the other ones?

Yen

Lord_Byron28 said:
Quick question. How do you hit the riddler pads that are on the side of buildings? Do I need to be Catwoman? Also what is the best recomendation for those few pesky trophies that require you to hit 6 different riddler switches in a short amount of time. I've tried to use explosive Gel on three of them on the lower level and try and quickly hit the other three but I always seem to be a hair behind no matter how fast I go.
Glide into them, and do a "land on wall, jump/glide off" manoeuvre.

Scapegoat

Lord_Byron28 said:
As soon as you blow the gel on the bottom 3 spam quick batarangs (left trigger/L2) and you should get it. Make sure your standing on the roof across from the top 3 as this gives you line of sight (I believe if you stand down on the cage they are blocked).

kyo27

Shake Appeal said:
Yeah, the combat system has always been about managing/maximizing combo and points, not managing/minimizing threats. Armoured guys are my favourites to keep alive. You just cape stun them and then smack them around in a corner, occasionally countering someone who comes at your back (or evading if they're using a riot shield or baton).

The X+Y attack is so useful: nothing like stripping a crowd of their advantages and just having a huge bunch of ordinary thugs to bat around for maximum points (plus the riot shield disarm is one of my favourite animations). I try to use Y+B once at most in a given round, just for the variation bonus. Otherwise it's robbing you of potential points for doing something else more interesting.

I'm still not 100% on the knife evade, though, so I admit I try to avoid doing it unless my combo is very, very high.

wait, so can you disarm the riot shield and destroy it so it can't be reused? I thought only the y+b combo worked on it.

Scapegoat said:
As soon as you blow the gel on the bottom 3 spam quick batarangs (left trigger/L2) and you should get it. Make sure your standing on the roof across from the top 3 as this gives you line of sight (I believe if you stand down on the cage they are blocked).
Glide into them, and do a "land on wall, jump/glide off" manoeuvre.
Ah thanks for the help. I thought it had something to do with the line launcher but would stop before I actually ran into the pad.

Rain_ng

Banned
Just beat
Freeze
on NG+

Awesome fight, easily my fave boss fight in the game. Makes up for how easy and brief it is on the first time through.

Vire said:
Haha kinda neat:

Lebron James just beat Arkham City.

http://twitter.com/#!/KingJames/status/131471765158363137

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/IvbpA.png[/IMG]
He should be working on a post game not playing batman.

Top Bottom