• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

KevinCow

Banned
Mecha_Infantry said:
Struggling on a trophy!

The Two for One DA Special- I am in the area with lots of bars ans strip clubs but everything I scan comes up empty

Secondly the "Betting on something something, and now the family is flying SOlo in the Amusement Alley"

Any help out there?!
Those both bugged the hell out of me, because I knew the answers but just couldn't find them.

First is Harvey Dent/Two-Face, second is The Flying Graysons. Best advice is to keep an eye out for them, and beat up Riddler informants in the meantime. They'll show where riddle solutions are on the map.

Darknessbear said:
Ooo the flying Solo thing has to do with Robin I believe. And there is a poster (pretty big) behind a building for a High Flying trapeeze act. Dont remember exactly where...

KevinCow said:
Those both bugged the hell out of me, because I knew the answers but just couldn't find them.

First is Harvey Dent/Two-Face, second is The Flying Graysons. Best advice is to keep an eye out for them, and beat up Riddler informants in the meantime. They'll show where riddle solutions are on the map.

Thanks guys. I will keep on looking. The only thing is I do beat up the snitches, but is it the ?'s that appear on the map?

I completed the game with 45% as I wanted to do the trophies and what not afterwards so I will run through the riddles and the other side missions (I presume I Can still do the side missions even though I've finished the game?)

Zabka

Salmonax said:
Great. Permanent pop-up ads in games. I'm sure I'll get Catwoman after I finish the game, but what a ridiculous decision.
Did you buy it new, used or rent? The Catwoman stuff actually bookends the game if you activate before the game starts.

Mecha_Infantry said:
Thanks guys. I will keep on looking. The only thing is I do beat up the snitches, but is it the ?'s that appear on the map?

I completed the game with 45% as I wanted to do the trophies and what not afterwards so I will run through the riddles and the other side missions (I presume I Can still do the side missions even though I've finished the game?)

1. When you get the hints, it will say on the map whether it's a riddle or a trophy

2. Yes side missions can all be done after the game. The game never really ends, per se

watershed

Banned
Played another hour today. Loving it and I've gotten used to the controls now. I love the feeling of zipping around the "city" and gliding everywhere. But I have one question, presumably for those who are further than I am:
what are all those green brain things that I find laying around? They don't register in detective mode but they are always highlighted by a green circle. I've been blowing them up with the foam thing but that's all.

artwalknoon said:
Played another hour today. Loving it and I've gotten used to the controls now. I love the feeling of zipping around the "city" and gliding everywhere. But I have one question, presumably for those who are further than I am:
what are all those green brain things that I find laying around? They don't register in detective mode but they are always highlighted by a green circle. I've been blowing them up with the foam thing but that's all.

I need a picture to understand better

Ryaaan14

Banned
I skipped out on Arkham Asylum mostly due to laziness and lack of disposable income, but I finally thought I'd give in for Arkham City given the continued rave reviews.

The game is literally built upon my every weakness. I tend to lose orientation in video games, and in this game I get lost as FUCK. I have serious issues with the UI and the amount of missions, side missions, objectives, and points of interest. I find myself pressing buttons on the controller like I'm performing surgery since gliding and grappling with accuracy is apparently a gift I do not possess, and I seem to miss a shitload of key objectives for quests (I refuse to play the whole game in detective mode).

I'm going to finish the game to at least get my money's worth, but I have some serious issues with this game that seems to have never been addressed by any friend or gamer on the web. I just hope that somehow I can overcome this by the time I'm halfway through the game.

/foreveralone

Edit: To be fair, I do love the combat system. That remains the one redeeming quality of this game as a newcomer.

Ryaaan14 said:
I skipped out on Arkham Asylum mostly due to laziness and lack of disposable income, but I finally thought I'd give in for Arkham City given the continued rave reviews.

The game is literally built upon my every weakness. I tend to lose orientation in video games, and in this game I get lost as FUCK. I have serious issues with the UI and the amount of missions, side missions, objectives, and points of interest. I find myself pressing buttons on the controller like I'm performing surgery since gliding and grappling with accuracy is apparently a gift I do not possess, and I seem to miss a shitload of key objectives for quests (I refuse to play the whole game in detective mode).

I'm going to finish the game to at least get my money's worth, but I have some serious issues with this game that seems to have never been addressed by any friend or gamer on the web. I just hope that somehow I can overcome this by the time I'm halfway through the game.

/foreveralone

You will get used to it, I promise. I didn't really "get" the game until I did the extra challenges in AA. And no, you do not need to play the whole game in detective mode, that was one of the biggest criticisms from AA.

watershed

Banned
BeautifulMemory said:
I need a picture to understand better
I've stopped playing already so I can't take a picture.
it just looks like a pile of brains on the ground usually I notice it where there are a bunch of thugs standing around. It always gets highlighted by a green circle but I can't interact with it other than blowing it up. Maybe its actually supposed to be a pile of poop?
I'm just confused. Maybe it figures into the story later or something?

artwalknoon said:
I've stopped playing already so I can't take a picture.
it just looks like a pile of brains on the ground usually I notice it where there are a bunch of thugs standing around. It always gets highlighted by a green circle but I can't interact with it other than blowing it up. Maybe its actually supposed to be a pile of poop?
I'm just confused. Maybe it figures into the story later or something?

lol I am confused...maybe you are early in the game? I do not remember anything close to brain or poop. If it's anything green I would presume it's related to the Riddler

Only thing i can think is that its a riddler trophy enclosure, you need to solve a puzzle connected to the enclosure to open it. If you are able to destroy them with the explosive gel, then i am not sure what is

watershed

Banned
lol. I'll have to take a picture tomorrow if I come across them again. It really stands out, I can't believe I'm the only one who has noticed. Maybe I'm just explaining it poorly.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
artwalknoon said:
Are you pressing LT+X by accident in battles?

108/108

OVgez.gif

AMUSIX

Mecha_Infantry said:
Struggling on a trophy!

The Two for One DA Special- I am in the area with lots of bars ans strip clubs but everything I scan comes up empty

Secondly the "Betting on something something, and now the family is flying SOlo in the Amusement Alley"

Any help out there?!
I know people have said already, but just in case, here's some more help.

The first one, the 'two for one DA special' is Two-Face/Harvey Dent (almost anything two 2s in Batman is his). Since he's the DA, his clue thing will be near the Courthouse, look for it on street level

The second one, as has been mentioned, refers to the Flying Graysons. The first part of the clue tells you which building to look on.

Barrett2

After the first encounter with Penguin, where I beat up all his dudes, im' not sure what to do next. There is a little elevator lift with two electrical boxes, but im' not sure what I am supposed to do.

Not being able to use the weapon break combo with Nightwing/Catwoman can be fucking frustrating.
Trying to 3-star Prison Riot and it seems everyone has a knife, shield or stun baton.

Dacon

Banned
CrocMother said:
Not being able to use the weapon break combo with Nightwing/Catwoman can be fucking frustrating.
Trying to 3-star Prison Riot and it seems everyone has a knife, shield or stun baton.

Catwoman's caltrops are great for getting them to drop that shit.

The
Calendar Man
things are pretty pointless. Oh well. Got the achievement.

You don't have to re-collect the Riddler trophies on NG+ do you?

keltickennedy said:
Just saw that the PC version is delayed again. Fucking seriously....this is pissing me off.

Screw it. This delay and GFWL means I'm going to pick up the 360 version tonight.

I'll double-dip next year during a Steam sale for superior graphics.

Eusis

comrade said:
Source? Is it just till the 22nd like Steam says?
I think he means from the 15th to the 22nd (and equivalents for other regions), and that was a delay from the console launch in and of itself.

So is there really no combat challenge map that takes place in
the desert where you fight Ra's al Ghul?
Seems like a missed opportunity, that part seems perfect for one (and was an amazing change in scenery).

how do i activate the identity theft cases? I've only found two so far. I've done everything else beside riddler stuff (240 so far).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone else feel like they throw WAY too many variables in combat now? Like, in Arkham Asylum you had the perfect amount of unique enemies to deal with. In City you've got knife guys where the counter seems totally random at times, shield guys who you can't seem to lock onto when you need to and who attack way too quickly. taser guys who are similar to the Asylum version so they're fine.

It's just WAY too much to deal with. Especially in challenge mode.

Proposed Law said:
how do i activate the identity theft cases? I've only found two so far. I've done everything else beside riddler stuff (240 so far).
I had something similar happen to me after the first case. I had to look up where the second was supposed to be. When I got there, it triggered.
You might have to go wherever the third case is supposed to be.

Top Bottom