• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Derrick01

Banned
Most of those you could say are all time great games. I really only see like 2 games that I disagree with in the list of 10s.

It's looking very good indeed.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Lifejumper said:
6 Batsuits IGN would like to see in AC.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/119/1196308p1.html

lol @ art
Holy shit at that art.

ntpWF.png

W Hudson

Derrick01 said:
Most of those you could say are all time great games. I really only see like 2 games that I disagree with in the list of 10s.

It's looking very good indeed.

Yeah not only that but I was looking at the frequency with which Game Informer gives out 10's. I counted 19 in that list, and GI has been around since 1991, so they average only one '10 game' per year. Most of the time reviews aren't a huge deal to me but in this case I think its a great sign.

gibration

I disagree with very few of the games they've given a 10/10 but reading through that list made me very happy that Metroid Fusion is on it. Best GBA game ever! :D I'm interested in reading their review though. My hype is already through the roof!

Derrick01

Banned
W Hudson said:
Yeah not only that but I was looking at the frequency with which Game Informer gives out 10's. I counted 19 in that list, and GI has been around since 1991, so they average only one '10 game' per year. Most of the time reviews aren't a huge deal to me but in this case I think its a great sign.

Yeah but the reviews that are calling it one of the best ever are starting to mount up. I passed over that OPM one because you know, first review and everything but it looks like he may be redeemed.

Hype increasing. I usually don't let myself get too excited about a game until it's about a week away. But now I'm basically obsessive over this. Really wanted the PC version Day 1, but it's delay is causing me to pick it up on 360. I'm bound to want to play it again though, so I'll get it on PC eventually for the visual upgrade.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Quick question, are there any PS3 videos yet? I'm sure it'll be fine but I'm just curious since I've only seen 360.

lol the guy who did the review for AC in the Game Informer thinks he has invested over 60 hours in the game and still hasn't completed the game 100%

Thats completely insane :O

Lol @ Ign article.

Here's the top 6 batsuits we'd like to see, they come from the only 6 Batman things we've probably ever watched.

:lol

Ephemeris said:
Game of the Forever.

Until the sequel anyways.

This is the first time for a game, i am wondering if its actually possible to top it with a sequel.

They are going all out. Absolutely crazy.

Avallon

Sn4ke_911 said:
As far as i know you're not even allowed to post the freakin links.

but GameIinformer digital allows you to "share" directly (to reddit even). If i have to take them down, I will, but it seems pretty legit.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Avallon said:
but GameIinformer digital allows you to "share" directly (to reddit even). If i have to take them down, I will, but it seems pretty legit.
Well then you should PM a mod.

Salsa

not surprised at best licensed game ever made

edit: what the fuck is this

6-movie-batsuits-we-want-in-arkham-city-20111010003936624-000.jpg

jesus christ IGN

also they picked the fucking worst suits possible

Quick question (Ps3):

Are DLC and Online Passes connected to your console or only to your account? Will I be able to play all DLC and use the Online Pass on my new Ps3 if I sign in with my old account?

Avallon

The perfect Dark said:
Quick question (Ps3):

Are DLC and Online Passes connected to your console or only to your account? Will I be able to play all DLC and use the Online Pass on my new Ps3 if I sign in with my old account?

They are tied to your PSN and will show up in download history.

whatevermort said:
A lovely in-depth summary of the review would be super right about now.
The game rocks.

Okay, not lovely or in-depth, but the guy basically says the game is huge, involved, and a good step better than the first.

There was no real new information I hadn't come across before other than mention of
"an unknown masked vigilante watching me from a distant rooftop" while discussing all of the missions and side missions the reviewer had taking place simultaneously at one point in the game. Well, unless he meant Deadshot, but even if he's taking out criminals in Arkham City, I would refer to him an assassin, not a vigilante.

Ephemeris

Lifejumper said:
This is the first time for a game, i am wondering if its actually possible to top it with a sequel.

They are going all out. Absolutely crazy.

True, true. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered the same thing.

Skilletor

The Nature Roy said:
The game rocks.

Okay, not lovely or in-depth, but the guy basically says the game is huge, involved, and a good step better than the first.

There was no real new information I hadn't come across before other than mention of
"an unknown masked vigilante watching me from a distant rooftop" while discussing all of the missions and side missions the reviewer had taking place simultaneously at one point in the game. Well, unless he meant Deadshot, but even if he's taking out criminals in Arkham City, I would refer to him an assassin, not a vigilante.

Sounds to me like:

potential spoiler

hush

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The Nature Roy said:
The game rocks.

That last paragraph sounds wicked good.

Skilletor

Batman: Gotham City

I like it.

Although they've put so much into this game as far as villains, I do wonder how they would do it again without feeling rehashed.

I would like a different batman. The gliding mechanic is obviously just them training for the eventual Batman Beyond game. Maybe do The Death of Bruce Wane.

1920s Noir Batman
Caveman Batman
Pirate Batman

Top Bottom