• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

RPGCrazied

What about the PS3 visuals? That doesn't sound too good if they are raving just about the 360.

I sure hope this doesn't have massive screen tearing, or I'll be really disappointed.

Dabanton

RPGCrazied said:
What about the PS3 visuals? That doesn't sound too good if they are raving just about the 360.

I sure hope this doesn't have massive screen tearing, or I'll be really disappointed.

If going by AA they'll both be fine.

RPGCrazied

Well. I've played both 360 and PS3 of AA. I noticed a slight screen tearing in the PS3 version. It wasn't bad, but was there. The 360 version had 0.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
RPGCrazied said:

Pretty sure the only got the 360 version for their review and the game will look the same on PS3.

Doomrider

The Nature Roy said:
This is what I've been seriously hoping for. Mini-campaigns for Robin,
Nightwing
, etc.

Tim Drake,
Dick Grayson
, and whoever else are never going to merit their own titles, but a 5-hour (or whatever) slice of campaign set in Arkham City would be an awesome alternative.

It would also be a nice change of pace and the game would feel very different due to their contrasting skills/abilities/traversal methods.'

Plus, the way the game is set up with the open world leading to mission buildings is ideal to tell more stories in, similar to the extra campaigns for GTA4.

I'd love to see a steady flow of Batman, Robin,
Nightwing
, Catwoman, etc. DLC mini-campaigns.

I can see it happen. I think it's a big waste to have two fully developed extra characters and limit them to the challenge maps. Also, the official pic Sn4ke_911 linked to looks GREAT. That and the fact that
Wayne Manor
is in the game gives me hope that we'll see the
Batcave

[Spoiler tagged the other character's name name just in case, even though it's been officially announced]

RPGCrazied said:

Varth reviewed the PS3 version and here's what he said:
Varth said:
I played the PS3 version, btw. No real performance issue to mention. Each one of the small graphical niggles is coming from the UE.

Vire

RPGCrazied said:

Or they only reviewed the 360 copy?...

C'mon people use common sense.

Good to hear about the visuals, I'm very impressed that they have a big open world with a top notch IQ and a very detailed city.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I already ordered the game on GMG a few weeks ago before the last minute delay. But now that it's in November(which is a great choice because there's clearly no games in November!)

I think I'm going to get it on consoles as well.

Will I be able to copy my save files to a memory stick?
I`ll probably buy a new Ps3 next month and I'm not sure if I was able to copy the save files from Arkham Asylum...

TheExodu5

Banned
Dabanton said:
If going by AA they'll both be fine.

AA looked pretty awful on PS3 compared to 360. The framerate was not very pleasant either.

That being said, the Joker challenges were pretty cool.

Bazhard

Banned
The perfect Dark said:
what? framerate was excellent in AA on ps3!
Yeah i played and beat the game on both and both looked and played exactly the same.

Didn't see any difference in framerate, textures etc.

AA was fine on PS3. I'm really only asking as I'm thinking of going with the Wal Mart deal. I got rid of AA for whatever reason and already have PS3 saves/content for it, so I just preferred getting the PS3 combo.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
TheExodu5 said:
AA looked pretty awful on PS3 compared to 360. The framerate was not very pleasant either.

Have to disagree on this one being this is one of the few games I've played on both platforms.

lucius

I owned both versions of Batman AA and they ran pretty much they same, it was nothing like the Assasin's Creed games where the 360 version looks much better, I actually preferred the ps3 version of Batman:AA at some points.

Got spoiled on
--------Nightwing----------
. Don't know how significant it is.
Is it just me
or does he look like Raiden with black hair?

Don't visit X360A.org if you want to be spoiled, just a heads up.

spidye

TheExodu5 said:

what? wasn't the ps3 the lead platform for batman aa?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Buckethead said:
Got spoiled on
Is it just me

just went there and oh crap. i am excited.

Skilletor said:
I didn't notice a difference.

Didn't notice a difference either.

Diamond

Sn4ke_911 said:
Proof you can enter the Sewers

gLw74.png

Aaah, The Sewers :)

A friend who works at retail is telling me on the back of the box it says that Catwoman is available via an online code. Online pass?

robut said:
A friend who works at retail is telling me on the back of the box it says that Catwoman is available via an online code. Online pass?
Yup, they're actually locking out SP content using an online pass.

Buckethead said:
Got spoiled on
Is it just me

Wha? It's DLC. How is that a spoiler?

Fjordson

Another for the reviews section in the OP: 10/10 from Game Informer.

"This is the best use of a license in the industry's history. The wealth of amazing content is daunting."

I see there has been a thread going (and to date still unanswered) on the official forum concerning whether or not the various DLC will even be released for PC at all.

I'm going to be seriously bummed if it isn't. I'd think the delay was punishment enough.

Fjordson said:

"This is the best use of a license in the industry's history. The wealth of amazing content is daunting."
Hype! woop woop.

upJTboogie said:
Yup, they're actually locking out SP content using an online pass.

Wrong.

ArkhamCity.co.uk said:
The pass will also give you four extra in-game missions, including a meeting with
Poison Ivy
. These four missions will add to the understanding of the main storyline, and will last 3-4 hours collectively.

Catwomans playable role in single player is included in the game without the pass, minus the four missions noted above.

All information in this post has come from the recent Batman: Arkham City review in German gaming publication Play3. More reveals from this article will be posted today so keep an eye out.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I played AA on PS3. Thought it looked amazing. Downloaded AA on my PC this past weekend. I now have AC reserved for PC. I can wait for the good stuff. OMG!

Lifejumper said:
I'd say your quote confirms it rather than denies it.

You get some of the Catwoman campaign missions without the pass but not all. Even if you have to download the missions, it sounds like they are integrated into the campaign. Without the pass, you don't get them. I'd consider that 'locking out SP content.'

Nori Chan

The Nature Roy said:
I'd say your quote confirms it rather than denies it.

You get some of the Catwoman campaign missions without the pass but not all. Even if you have to download the missions, it sounds like they are integrated into the campaign. Without the pass, you don't get them. I'd consider that 'locking out SP content.'
Well if you're buying it new then there's nO problem with it

Noriega said:
Well if you're buying it new then there's nO problem with it
Well, I have a free Steam pass that came with my GTX 570.

I'm almost worried now that they won't even include that 'extra' Catwoman content for PC if the rumors are true that the Robin, etc. DLC won't be coming to PC. That would not be cool.

And now there are even shifting release dates being thrown around for PC (Best Buy sent out a notice that the date was now Nov. 15, not the 8th, but Gamestop is claiming the 1st).

I wish Rocksteady would just set the record straight on the PC side of things.

TheExodu5

Banned
Curufinwe said:
Maybe it's not as bad as I recall, but it certainly had some drops. Pretty big difference from the 360 version with the lack of AA, motion blur, and SSAO. Eurogamer insists that SSAO is subtle, but I'd say it has a pretty big role to play in such a dark game.

It's pretty hard to go back to either console version after playing it on PC, but the 360 version was certainly much more manageable for me. I did end up purchasing the PS3 version for the bonuses, though I kind of regretted that decision.

That doesn't really mean much for AC though...it might be very much improved over AA on PS3.

Calibur

So UK shops Game and Gamestation have the best pre-order bonus Robin, so who pre-order the playstation version at Tesco's for Joker Carnival Challenge Maps?

kiun

Just pulled the trigger on a Xbox copy. Really wanted to keep my Batman Arkham series on PS3 but I have a feeling the Xbox 360 version is going to perform better, even if just slightly.

W Hudson

Fjordson said:

And for reference, here are the other games that have received a 10/10 from Game Informer (per Wikipedia):

BioShock, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, God of War, God of War III, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto IV, Halo 2, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Metroid Fusion, Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Resident Evil 4, StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

I'd say things are looking pretty good.

Top Bottom