• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Vire

Quote from Game Informer:

"The best use of a license in the industry’s history."

Incredible job Rocksteady!

Rengoku

So GameInformer's 10/10 for Arkham City was reviewed by Andrew Reiner.

Here are some of his review scores for past games:

Batman Arkham Asylum: 9.5
Bioshock 2: 8.25
Dead Space 2: 9
Deus Ex: Human Revolution: 8.75
El Shaddai: 9
Enslaved: 7
Mass Effect 2: 9.75
Mortal Kombat: 9.5
Rage: 9
Uncharted 2: 10

Can't wait for the game! :)

demolitio

The parent company of IGN bought out UGO (and 1up?) correct? It's funny because UGO stopped the daily giveaways after the buyout and now IGN is posting articles that you'd find on UGO. I mean, they're really, really similar.

Anyway, I agree with them on The Dark Knight costume or even the Batman Begins costume would be awesome. It probably won't happen but I think it'd fit in the game well and the custom skins for the Arkham Asylum demo proved that. Too bad you couldn't do that in the full game. :(

Vire

Rengoku said:

Sweet, I mostly agree with him so we are in good shape.

Rengoku said:

I mostly agree with his scores except Enslaved deserves a much lower score, but then again a 7 is pretty low in games journalism.

augmental

Regarding DLC skins, I think having Mr. Unknown, El Gaucho and Nightrunner (from Batman Inc.) skins would be pretty cool.

Salsa

Rengoku said:

good guy, good score on Rage.

Amir0x

Banned
one more fucking week

one more fucking week

so many good games this season. i dont think i'll be done with dark souls in time lol

Mr. Sam

knight-and-squire-20101012104615759_640w.jpg
#

Should be the default costume as far as I'm concerned.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Amir0x said:
one more fucking week

one more fucking week

so many good games this season. i dont think i'll be done with dark souls in time lol

We're definitely hitting the "We're out of time!" portion of the Videogame year.

Amir0x

Banned
Lonestar said:
We're definitely hitting the "We're out of time!" portion of the Videogame year.

and then Skyrim and Skyward Sword

fml*

PRAISE MY LIFE I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Amir0x said:
and then Skyrim and Skyward Sword

fml*

PRAISE MY LIFE I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR
Yeah, I'm going to be broke and loving it. New apartment, new TV, Arkham City, BF3, Uncharted 3, and MGS collection all in a row. Insane.

Mr. Sam

Criminal Upper said:
[url]http://www.cablechronicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/batmanreturn_7.jpg[/url] [IMG]

Why isn't this skin in the game?

For shame, Rocksteady.[/QUOTE]

If we're going that route:

[IMG]http://www.geekosystem.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/pirate-batman.jpg

Lonestar

I'm "attempting" to wait a couple months on Skyrim, BF3, and a few others (I do want to try out Dark Souls). But Batman, UC3, Zelda, and Saints Row...and those are just off the top of my head.

LQX

RPGCrazied said:
Why can't we get a Spiderman game like these games from RockSteady?
I don't think Spiderman would benifit from a Arkham style treatment. Batman as always been kind of darker so it lends itself to a moody style game.

Also check out Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. It is a great game.

overcast

Steve McQueen said:
Never played Arkham A.
Is this a sequel or can I enjoy the game without playing having played AA?
You will enjoy it either way I'm sure. A great game is a great game regardless. This one is shaping up to be even better than the first, but you should probably check out AA to experience that.

Yen

Steve McQueen said:
Never played Arkham A.
It's a sequel and you probably should play it.
It's my second favourite game of this gen.

Lonestar

Steve McQueen said:
Never played Arkham A.

First: I think preordering AC from Walmart, has a free copy of AA.

Second: It's a good game that can be finished before the 18th. 10 or so hours long.

Third: It might help explain why it went from the Asylum to Arkham City. You'll know a bit more about Joker and his status going into AC, and you'll know who Mayor/Warden Sharp is. Especially if you complete a particular long quest.

But this is definitely not Mass Effect, with it's vast amount of storyline crossovers between games.

So you shouldn't be lost just going into AC. You're The Batman. You're in AC for a reason I'm sure you find out in the beginning. You stop the bad guys. The End.

Wilbur

Banned
Not going to get it until Christmas/after Christmas, along with Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed and Zelda; Skyrim will take up too much of my time. But it still looks brilliant!

Question: if my brother and I have two different accounts, one PS3 and one copy of the game, will the online code only work for one of us?

Ephemeris

RoboPlato said:
Yeah, I'm going to be broke and loving it. New apartment, new TV, Arkham City, BF3, Uncharted 3, and MGS collection all in a row. Insane.
Oh my goodness..

Forgot about MGS Collection :(

Barely have enough time to play Dark souls :(

I'm thinking of pre-ording the PC version on Amazon, where it's going for a very tempting £26, but it comes out the day before Skyrim and a week or so after BF3, and I should be spending less time on gaming come November as it is... probably have to bite the bullet and wait on this and the new AC until December...

First-world problems.

Fjordson

Steve McQueen said:
Never played Arkham A.
It is technically a sequel, but you don't need to play the first game to enjoy this one.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Steve McQueen said:
Never played Arkham A.
Play Asylum before this game because it is a great game and cheap to boot.

Zoibie

Wilbury said:
Not going to get it until Christmas/after Christmas, along with Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed and Zelda; Skyrim will take up too much of my time. But it still looks brilliant!

Question: if my brother and I have two different accounts, one PS3 and one copy of the game, will the online code only work for one of us?

I think it'll work on all accounts. At least, that's how Resistance 3 does it.

abundant

I knows it's Gamefaqs, but someone who works at Gamestop confirmed that the skins pack releasing in December will include every skin, including the Sinestro Corps skin

Derrick01

Banned
Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
Cant wait to play this on pc next week... wait.. I made myself sad.

You made me sad too :(

If that november 8th date sticks then I'll at least have this and then Skyrim 3 days later. That's a pretty awesome week if you ask me. Gotta look at the bright side.

Doomrider

abundant said:
I knows it's Gamefaqs, but someone who works at Gamestop confirmed that the skins pack releasing in December will include every skin, including the Sinestro Corps skin

Yeah, there's already a pic on GS' website:

ofNUh.jpg

About the reviews, I wonder how many perfect scores this will get...

Suddenly I'm glad I got the WalMart preorder. I knew these skins would be available as DLC at one point. Here is to hoping for Robin & Nightwing confirmation.

Top Bottom