• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

The Nature Roy said:
Considering Rocksteady is owned by Warner Bros., it's never going to happen.

FTSPv.gif

Fjordson

LeonSKennedy90 said:
http://i.imgur.com/FTSPv.gif
Lmao. Perfect gif.

Pretty bummed I can only get the Frank Miller Batman skin in the collector's edition. So tempting to get it for all the bonus goodies, but there are just so many other games I want also in the next two months =(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The Nature Roy said:
Considering Rocksteady is owned by Warner Bros., it's never going to happen.
Fine, Wonder Woman.

Marty Chinn said:
Does the 360 version get the Sinestro Corps skin that comes with the Green Lantern Blu-ray?

Sober

Just under a month to go on the PC front, sadly. Now I have to be super careful on the internet to not spoil any more of Arkham City. Already had
Nightwing
spoiled cause someone just casually mentioned it like it was nothing.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Sober said:
Just under a month to go on the PC front, sadly. Now I have to be super careful on the internet to not spoil any more of Arkham City. Already had
Nightwing
spoiled cause someone just casually mentioned it like it was nothing.

That's almost impossible.

Yeah there is no way i'll wait that long. Mostly because after the games release your not save anymore on the internet.

I think i'll double dip on that bitch. I need a new graphic card anyway so i get a new Nvidia GTX and get a free Batman: AC code.

Sober

Sn4ke_911 said:
That's almost impossible.

Yeah there is no way i'll wait that long. Mostly because after the games release your not save anymore on the internet.

I think i'll double dip on that bitch. I need a new graphic card anyway so i get a new Nvidia GTX and get a free Batman: AC code.
It might be possible! I didn't play Bioshock 1 until 2 years after it came out and never got W-Y-K spoiled for me.

Sn4ke_911

Sober said:
It might be possible! I didn't play Bioshock 1 until 2 years after it came out and never got W-Y-K spoiled for me.

But if not? you have one of the best games of this year ruined. You can get spoiled everywhere. (youtube vids etc.)

Yes even on GAF you're not 100% save. Remember the spoiler-ish kotaku article thread. OP warned and said WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T GO TO KOTAKU OR DESTRUCTOID. And suddenly out of nowhere a Gaffer spoiled the article like a boss WITHOUT any spoiler tags.

Nah that's too risky for me, i'll go with the console version first.

Doomrider

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
What's the details on the Robin stuff? Is it just a skin, just challenges, or a separate story?

Robin DLC - Robin (fully playable character) + 2 skins (TAS and Red Robin) + 2 Challenge Maps

It has been stated many times that he's only playable in the challenge maps. Other than that, we know Rocksteady is already working on DLC, so maybe he'll get his own mini-campaign or something (or maybe not; we have no idea what it is about).

Sn4ke_911

batmanarkhamcity2.jpg

Really? this skin can be worn in the story campaign?? how is that even possible. Dying to see this in motion.

Leonsito

Well, I finally bite on the CE, had a coupon for zavvi and it was only 60€

Now my biggest fear is if it will include spanish audio, Arkham Asylum UK was the same as the Spanish version, so.. fingers crossed this is the same case.

Yoboman

Sn4ke_911 said:
batmanarkhamcity2.jpg

Really? this skin can be worn in the story campaign?? how is that even possible. Dying to see this in motion.
That's cool I'd love that costume on realistic Batman though

Fuzzy said:
Fine, Wonder Woman.

You can bet the family ranch their next project will be Superman related as a loose tie-in with the Man of Steel movie.

For a Superman game to work, you basically need to throw-in every villain in the Superman mythos, something they are basically doing in the Batman games actually.

Tsukumo

Just pre/ordered the CE. Also got the Robin Dlc. Also took vacation from work from 21 Oct up to the next week.
Cannot wait to play with the BatMarv skin. Fits so well to Conroy`s voice work. The TAS one though, it`s phenomenal but I don`t see it to be very in tune with the art direction of this game. Mind you, I would pay 2400 Ms points or higher for a cel-shaded, TSA version of Arkham City without blinking or complaining. But with the way the game looks I`ll probably just use it for the challenge maps. That and the fact I`ve already planned a second and third run with the `60s Batman and the Year One Batman. I wonder if there is someone who`s going to play with the default BatBro version...
About the OT tag: what about a I`m the goddamn Batmarv? I know it`s kinda late to give suggestions but that skin deserves some celebration...

sophora

I'll probably end up getting this either at Bestbuy just for the robin bonuses or just at walmart for the inclusion of Asylum. Was it supposed to be just preorder only at Walmart if you wanted Asylum, or is it actually included with day one purchases too?

Sn4ke_911

The Most Impressive Visual Achievement On The 360

Not only did GamesMaster give Batman: Arkham City an amazing score they also praised the game for its technical achievements.

"As you sour across its dingy backstreets and the destroyed beautif of its Unreal architecture, you’d be forgiven for thinking you’re running the game on a high-end PC."

They also claim that the the game rivals Gears of War 3 as the "most impressive visual achievement on the [360] system."

Derrick01

Banned
you’d be forgiven for thinking you’re running the game on a high-end PC

Not by me you wouldn't. I know it looks good but man the hyperbole from the media with this game is crazy. Do they not know the difference that full HD and 60 fps makes alone? Nevermind all the dx11 and physx stuff.

Not hating on the game it's my most wanted in a year that had big western RPGs and still has 1 coming, it's just the gaming media drives me insane.

TheExodu5

Banned
I hope that means they upgraded to the UE3.5 lighting engine. I'm playing AA right now on PC, and the depth of field and lighting are pretty bad.

Leonsito

Is this new?, just received the PR:

Nightwing DLC: November 1st
Robin DLC: November 22nd

560 points or 6.99€ each.

Edit: ok it is old, saw it on the previous page.

Derrick01 said:
Not by me you wouldn't. I know it looks good but man the hyperbole from the media with this game is crazy. Do they not know the difference that full HD and 60 fps makes alone? Nevermind all the dx11 and physx stuff.

Not hating on the game it's my most wanted in a year that had big western RPGs and still has 1 coming, it's just the gaming media drives me insane.
Yeah -- You're not going to mistake it for a PC game. I came from Crysis 2 and installed Deus Ex HR just for a minute to see how it ran on my machine and thought the game looked pretty unimpressive.

I then played Arkham Asylum on PC and thought that looked pretty amazing -- so much so that I was shocked how 'ugly' Gears 3 looked in comparison. After finishing Gears 3 I went back to Deus Ex and suddenly the game I thought was unimpressive before seemed fairly attractive.

There's a pretty big gap between PC and 360 at this point, even on ports. 1080p/60fps makes a very real difference.

Skilletor

The Nature Roy said:
Yeah -- You're not going to mistake it for a PC game. I came from Crysis 2 and installed Deus Ex HR just for a minute to see how it ran on my machine and thought the game looked pretty unimpressive.

I then played Arkham Asylum on PC and thought that looked pretty amazing -- so much so that I was shocked how 'ugly' Gears 3 looked in comparison. After finishing Gears 3 I went back to Deus Ex and suddenly the game I thought was unimpressive before seemed fairly attractive.

There's a pretty big gap between PC and 360 at this point, even on ports. 1080p/60fps makes a very real difference.

I recently started playing games on PC, and now I've become pretty sensitive to frame rate in games :/. It kind of sucks.

Doomrider said:
Robin DLC - Robin (fully playable character) + 2 skins (TAS and Red Robin) + 2 Challenge Maps

It has been stated many times that he's only playable in the challenge maps. Other than that, we know Rocksteady is already working on DLC, so maybe he'll get his own mini-campaign or something (or maybe not; we have no idea what it is about).
This is what I've been seriously hoping for. Mini-campaigns for Robin, Nightwing, etc.

Tim Drake, Dick Grayson, and whoever else are never going to merit their own titles, but a 5-hour (or whatever) slice of campaign set in Arkham City would be an awesome alternative.

It would also be a nice change of pace and the game would feel very different due to their contrasting skills/abilities/traversal methods.'

Plus, the way the game is set up with the open world leading to mission buildings is ideal to tell more stories in, similar to the extra campaigns for GTA4.

I'd love to see a steady flow of Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Catwoman, etc. DLC mini-campaigns.

Skilletor said:
I recently started playing games on PC, and now I've become pretty sensitive to frame rate in games :/. It kind of sucks.
I know what you mean. Screen tearing too, which I never really noticed before.

It's the same with hardware generation shifts. At first you are impressed but you quickly become accustomed. After a short time, it feels more like games on less powerful systems look bad, rather than the games on more powerful systems looking particularly good.

Or HD/SD Television. I never thought SD looked like a blurry mess before I got used to HD. Now I avoid the non-HD channels like the plague.

Sn4ke_911

Warner Bros has announced the
Nightwing
Bundle Pack for Batman: Arkham City.

The DLC add-on launches on 1st November, a week-and-a-half after the game goes on sale.

Nightwing
, who is playable in all challenge maps in the game as well as two additional challenge maps that come with the pack:
Wayne Manor
and
Main Hall
, has his own gadgets and special moves.

The pack also contains a bonus Animated Series
Nightwing
character skin.

Meanwhile, Warner announced that the Robin Bundle Pack will launch on 22nd November to all owners of the game.

Robin is a pre-order bonus in the UK at shops Game and Gamestation.

The
Nightwing
and Robin DLC costs 560 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live or €6.99 / £5.49 on the PlayStation Network each.

Nightwing
concept art.

http://images.eurogamer.net/2011/ar...iew_nightwing_sticks_f2.0_psd_jpgcopy.jpg.jpg

Source

Puuh im getting tired spoiler tagging his name... i don't think that's much of a big spoiler but yeah.

Sn4ke_911

The perfect Dark said:
Holy shit
Wayne Manor
is in the game?

Next time i'ill spoiler tag the whole freaking article :p

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Daredevil game next, please
I've been thinking more about this... How would a good Daredevil game work anyway? Rocksteady always says the key to their success is making the player 'feel' like Batman.

I've said many times that a semi-open world Mirror's Edge-type game for Daredevil would be awesome, and I think it would, but it would not make you feel like Daredevil. Not at all.

The game would need to take into account that he's 'blind' but can also 'see' in every direction at once and through walls but he doesn't see colors, etc.

The game's radar would have to be extremely important and effective and it might have to have some sort of always on 'detective mode', but could that been done without driving a player crazy?

Dabanton

Sn4ke_911 said:
But if not? you have one of the best games of this year ruined. You can get spoiled everywhere. (youtube vids etc.)

Yes even on GAF you're not 100% save. Remember the spoiler-ish kotaku article thread. OP warned and said WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T GO TO KOTAKU OR DESTRUCTOID. And suddenly out of nowhere a Gaffer spoiled the article like a boss WITHOUT any spoiler tags.

Nah that's too risky for me, i'll go with the console version first.

Were close enough to release that a pirate version will probably surface in the next few days that's when i'll be keeping to just Gaf just to be safe.

I've been on media blackout for this and i want to see it through to when i first place the disk in my 360.

Top Bottom