• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Is there no achievement for beating the game on Hard? I was quite good at the last game so it shouldn't be too much of an issue, but I won't bother on my first playthrough if there's no achievement to gain.

Hard is pretty easy, so Normal must be super duper easy. If it takes an achievement to get you to play hard, then LOL.

GQman2121

Banned
Bought the skins pack. Love the 70's batman suit. Worth the 400 ms points.
I caved early this morning and tricked myself into justifying the purchase too. You see, I had $3 left over from that free PSN cash a few weeks back. So adding $5 to my wallent was really like only adding $3, $3 which I can then use to......I really just wanted The Animated Series skin for my NG+ run. :(

Is there no way to find the riddler hostages on the map? You just have to stumnble upon them in the city? Same with the faceless victims?

You have to do the riddler stuff.

The first hostage shows up story related, the second after 80, the third after 160, the fourth after 240, the fifth after 320 and Riddler`s hideout at 400.

I fuckin love this game. I got my 100% and I'm sitting at 1100 gamer points. All I have left to do now is get the challenge achievements and campaign achievements for Catwoman, Robin, and Nightwing. SO GOOD!

Also, I missed
Croc's appearance in BOTH play throughs.
Bummer. I would've really enjoyed that in real time.

Shiv47

Yes and you have to do them all again for one of the trophies/cheevos

Thanks. I wasn't going to go for the 100%, as I said earlier in this thread, but after I put the game down a couple days and started trying to finally finish Uncharted 2, I kept thinking "I'd rather be playing Arkham." So fuck it, I'm in for the long haul. What made me happiest once I started playing again was nailing the first advanced AR training exercise after only a couple tries (having previously been driven nuts by it). What a pain in the ass that one was.

Sober

Are the leaderboards only platform-specific?

Hit 5th or 6th both in Prison Riot (Extreme) as Bataman (200k+ points) and also Hell's Gate (Extreme) as Catwoman. feelsgoodman (until someone scores way higher than me)

Sober

A pack of seven skins.
To be fair they are all different meshes, you can't suddenly use the Rocksteady Batman model and make TDKR or TAS Batman from that without looking ridiculous. When you say "skin", go up the thread, someone posted a Batman Begins skin, because it uses the Rocksteady Batman but they retextured the costume to the Begins style.

(i.e. they actually put more effort into it than you believe)

Throavium

After one of the missions, Batman tells Alfred that he wants another suit, then he tells Alfred, "let me know when it gets here". When will it come? My batsuit is all dirty, cut up, and bloody.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Finished the campaign challenge with Catwoman where you are required to not get hit. Glad I got that out the way. Easy sailing from here!

Kyaw

Just started playing this game properly. Holy shit. It's so awesome.

Feels so much more polished than the first game.
The rhythmic combat is great. Dat fluidity...

Getting tiny stutters in some places on PC though. What's up?
Used Dxtory to cap the FPS to 60 fyi.

Montresor

After one of the missions, Batman tells Alfred that he wants another suit, then he tells Alfred, "let me know when it gets here". When will it come? My batsuit is all dirty, cut up, and bloody.

I think he said he wanted a new gadget, the
line launcher
. Eventually it is handed to Batman by
Robin himself

Lima

A skin is worth $5?

I hate this generation so much.

So. Much.

Yeah they are worth it for me. I'm not a huge fan of skin packs but I just love this game and actually don't mind paying some extra money for skins I wouldn't have even gotten last generation, plus the publisher gets more money from me which means more batman games. Awesome deal.

Btw I'm using the animated skin right now. Had no idea that this skins also applies to catwoman. I was surprised when I saw her wearing this skin. Looks "sexy".

Dabanton

The skins are delicious teaching a group of punks some manners as Dark Knight Returns old bats is tremendously awesome.

Something about how bulky he is makes him flying round the city more crazy. Batman Beyond is creepy as fuck if i was a thug and i saw that in the shadows i's shit myself

Just finished the game. Really enjoyed it, but the story was not too great. They just kind of threw as much fanservice at the screen as they could.

And I'm sure most people probably know this, but it was kind of cool that the game started the same way that it ended.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
So i JUST picked this up..the only complaint i have is the weirdness with the counters. tap tap tap,...nothing..i get hit ..tap tap..etc. Loving everything else though.

SHarris78

I've just spent 90mins installing this friggin' game!

I've bought the retail version and am wondering how i go about updating the game with the new DX11 patch? I know with steam its automatic, but not sure how GFWL works.

Do i download it from a random site on the internet or does GFWL also use automatic updates?

Many thanks.

Rokal

GFWL is also automatic. Once you launch the game, it'll download the update and force you to restart the game (just like 360 game updates).

confused

Banned
Yeah they are worth it for me. I'm not a huge fan of skin packs but I just love this game and actually don't mind paying some extra money for skins I wouldn't have even gotten last generation, plus the publisher gets more money from me which means more batman games. Awesome deal.

Btw I'm using the animated skin right now. Had no idea that this skins also applies to catwoman. I was surprised when I saw her wearing this skin. Looks "sexy".

Eh, most superhero games last generation rewarded you with different skins throughout the game.

SHarris78

More 'issues'!

I've activated my Robin DLC code, but theres nothing on the main menu to say i can use him?

Also, regarding Catwoman, the GFWL booklet that came with the game its says 'to unlock Catwoman as a playable character you must activate the pass card included with the game.' As i didn't receive a pass card am i correct in thinking she unlocks after you finish the game? Theres no option when you go to downloadable content for Catwoman, so i asume she's already in the PC version?

Thanks again!

Dabanton

By main menu do you mean the riddler challenge maps? As thats the only place you can use him currently.

As for the Catwoman thing not sure how it works on PC but on the consoles it would ask you as you started the game if you have a code which you got as a separate card in the box as the first misson in the game is a Catwoman one..

Did your Robin code come with the game?

SHarris78

By main menu do you mean the riddler challenge maps? As thats the only place you can use him currently.

As for the Catwoman thing not sure how it works on PC but on the consoles it would ask you as you started the game if you have a code which you got as a separate card in the box as the first misson in the game is a Catwoman one..

Did your Robin code come with the game?

My Robin code came with the game on a separate sheet of 'paper'. If you can only use Robin on the riddler challenge maps then that answers my question, as i asumed you could use him during the single player campaign.

I didn't get a separate catwoman sheet of 'paper' with a code on it, not sure how it works with her. I 'think' i need to finish her bit at the start of the game and then i'll be given at option at certain points to control her instead of Batman.

BigAT

Is there anything that explicitly states when the game takes place? I got to wondering after finding the Riddler trophy last night that says Arkham City was built in 1XXX.

Is there anything that explicitly states when the game takes place? I got to wondering after finding the Riddler trophy last night that says Arkham City was built in 1XXX.

It's basically built off the Batman: The Animated Series universe, so presumably some time in the 1990s when the show was airing.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It's basically built off the Batman: The Animated Series universe, so presumably some time in the 1990s when the show was airing.

No it's not. It just happens to use a lot of the same voice actors and has one of the main writers on board. It has nothing to do with the TAS universe.

Varna

Wow. The counter icons aren't turned off on the highest difficulty this time around? :(

Any way to do this on the PC version?

No it's not. It just happens to use a lot of the same voice actors and has one of the main writers on board. It has nothing to do with the TAS universe.

It's easy enough to imagine they do however. Not a lot of contradictions and for me personally it makes the games much more special since most of the little touches of the Batman universe did make it into TAS.

Sober

Wow. The counter icons aren't turned off on the highest difficulty this time around? :(

Any way to do this on the PC version?
They are on the first time because of certain moments where you need them for player input, such as in the intro
so Bruce Wayne doesn't get his face kicked in for ages
or during things like the
Ra's al-Ghul dogpile
. NG+ though turns em all off.

It's easy enough to imagine they do however. Not a lot of contradictions and for me personally it makes the games much more special since most of the little touches of the Batman universe did make it into TAS.
Except the actual world doesn't really feel very Art Deco to me, which was more of what TAS was going for. This is more gothic (the gargoyles give it away), so I think more like the Burton films or something.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
I asked before about the costume pack and steam version, but since the game uses GFW is it possible to buy the pack with MS points and use on steam? Obviously buying through steam would be preferable for compatibility, but i have some points lying around.

I asked before about the costume pack and steam version, but since the game uses GFW is it possible to buy the pack with MS points and use on steam? Obviously buying through steam would be preferable for compatibility, but i have some points lying around.

Yes this works. did it last night.

Varna

They are on the first time because of certain moments where you need them for player input, such as in the intro
so Bruce Wayne doesn't get his face kicked in for ages
or during things like the
Ra's al-Ghul dogpile
. NG+ though turns em all off.

Asylum has the same kind of QTEs that work just fine with the counter highlights turned off. Just seems lazy. I really hate the look of them. Much rather just pay attention to the animations.

L00P

Should have copied your save file over to a flash drive just in case.
I did make a backup a while back thanks to an earlier warning from a gaffer, so not everything is lost. I do have to get some of the medals and riddler trophies all over again though. I don't mind replaying em again, but WB seriously needs to find a fix for this.

Sober

Asylum has the same kind of QTEs that work just fine with the counter highlights turned off. Just seems lazy. I really hate the look of them. Much rather just pay attention to the animations.
I played AA like 4 times, so remind me where there were QTEs to begin with. All the boss fights were Titans with the exception of Ivy. Also, if you got caught by Ivy's vines you had to tap A/space/jump. The button prompt came up yes, but there wasn't anything AFAIK you had to "counter" as part of a QTE (literally hitting the counter button).

Insane inmates also had the button prompt flash come up when you first encountered them.

If you mean just remove the counter "flash" and just occasionally pop the button prompt then yes I guess that is reasonable but other than those above I really can't think of a QTE in AA that required you to mash your counter button.

Used a point-card I found in an old pair of jeans to buy the Robin and Nightwing DLC (already had Catwoman).

Looking forward to spending Sunday breaking some faces with the two Robins. :D

Top Bottom