• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Curufinwe

I agree, I would put this game as my GOTY easily (even though I was fully expecting to give that award to either Uncharted 3 or MW3, but both those games disappointed me).

I'm playing through on NG+ and I just made it through
Wonder Tower
. My god that entire thing is a massive pain in the ass, from the brawls to that dumbass predator room at the end. So glad that's out of the way.

I've only ever 1000/1000'ed one game on 360, and that was Mass Effect 2 (even beat it on Insanity, and that was freaking painful). However I'm feeling like doing it again for Arkham City. The one thing that I think is going to piss me off are the campaigns, and damn if I haven't raged hard at this game enough already. Don't know if I will be able to take it. Time will tell.

The later campaigns are way harder than anything on NG+. I'm happy with 900-something out of 1250.

hayejin

Does
Azrael
reappear on NG+?
I already finished this side mission and now I have no one to play the Batarang with.

hayejin

The batman beyond skin has to be my favorite, the costume looks like "a costume" and I like how the cape hides.

Also it's tight

To 100% the game, do I have to do the predator challenges without the indicators?

Also b/c this costume hides Batman's eyes.

Only criticism I have for both AC and AA is the visible pupils on Batman's mask. At least they should've blackened out the skin around the eyes like the movies did.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
And my save file is now gone -_-

The New user Agreement shit pops up, I agree, and when I go back its all empty. Was deleting your save part of the new TOS?

FUCK YOU GFWL

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Why are the combat challenges so much more difficult as Catwoman?

I swear to god the enemies throw more shit and rush with riot shields more often when I'm playing as her.

Also she doesn't seem to be effective with crowd control, which is making dealing with two titans and the one armed clown beyond annoying.

I swear to god the enemies throw more shit and rush with riot shields more often when I'm playing as her.

Also she doesn't seem to be effective with crowd control, which is making dealing with two titans and the one armed clown beyond annoying.

It's a bit tricky with Selena. True that

As with crowd control, spam that spin whip attack (x + o for ps3) . Instant knockdowns or stuns on any enemy within a pretty large vicinity

Just played the boss fight against Freeze again in New Game +. It feels a lot harder this time. You have to think of just about every possible way to damage him to beat him which I like since it makes you think. More boss fights should be like it.

Sober

Because Batman IIRC is the only character with the weapon break special combo move. Make sure to use the aoe knockdown special combo (A+B on 360 controller). Other than that just be more attentive.

Funhouse Brawl extreme (I guess you are talking about round 2 or 4) is pretty annoying when you have everyone in one spot. If you are concentrating on doing the beatdown on the Hammer brother make sure to only do 3 or 4 before dodging or you'll get caught by a Titan swipe.

Seda

I just beat all of the Combat Challenges as Batman. It really wasn't bad at all, took me about 2 hours total. But I still have to do Predator Challenges, Campaigns (what exactly are those anyway?) and then everything all over again and Catwoman, Robin, and Nightwing.

This could take a while.

Sober

I just beat all of the Combat Challenges as Batman. It really wasn't bad at all, took me about 2 hours total. But I still have to do Predator Challenges, Campaigns (what exactly are those anyway?) and then everything all over again and Catwoman, Robin, and Nightwing.

This could take a while.
Campaigns are a set of 3 challenge maps but with modifiers. Basically the goal is to get 9 medals (3x3 basically). You are assigned a handful of modifiers (both positive and negative) and you have to complete all three challenge maps using all the modifiers (you can pick and choose, any unused are forced on you at the last one)

If you don't know what modifiers are, try the unranked/custom challenges - things like renegerating health, tougher enemies, accessible gun racks, pre-mined predator areas, 1-hit gadgets amongst other things.

Hoping they announce some big dlc at the vgas. I wouldn't be surprised if it featured black mask as the main villain in some sort of new scenario. I mean his model was created and everything and never made an appearance in the main story, just the robin dlc. Only thing mentioned with him is that he was the first inmate to break out of arkham city, but was later captured in a meat packing plant and brought back in.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
The amount of content in this game is insane. I've already completed the main story and 80% of the side missions and I'm still only 65% complete overall. There are just so many goddamn trophies and combat/predator/campaign challenges. I really doubt I'll have the patience to complete everything. I mean, I've solved about 310 Riddler challenges and I still have over 100 left. Fucking hell.

Jintor

I think the emotional resonance of the ending is extremely strong, but the actual story itself in the game overall is not brilliant, at least not until you unlock all the Arkham City stories and it all begins to make a lot more overall sense.

Montresor

Killer Croc?
Either scan his hideout (somewhere underground, in the Joker's turf) or meet him to unlock it.

Spoiler related to Doomrider's spoilered text:
Killer Croc isn't in the game and you cannot meet him. If Killer Croc is really the bio that he's missing, then I bet you it'll be unlocked once he scans the Killer Croc-centric riddle. There is only one riddle that references Killer Croc in the game and from what I remember it's in the Subway

rekameohs

Banned
Spoiler related to Doomrider's spoilered text:
Killer Croc isn't in the game and you cannot meet him.

No, you can meet him. With a well placed remote batarang, you can meet him in the sewer ;) That's only for a limited time, though, but the riddle can be done whenever.

Jintor

Croc
is in the game, but as far as I know is only available to meet during a certain section of the game, and you have to go backwards to activate it.

ultron87

Is it too late to do side missions if I just (near end of game)
stopped Protocol Ten and have to go save Talia from Joker?

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Luckily I got a save file from 2 days ago by using the Restore previous folder feature in Win 7. Bad news is I got all the medals yesterday. Here I go again...

Make a bkup of your saves people! I lucked out.

I got 9 riddler challenges to finish up, hopefully I will get that done after I finish U3. I'm having a real hard time doing the 'Aerial Attack of a stunned enemy into another' as I press circle and then tap x twice, I try to quickly press the directional button to go to another enemy, but it just doesn't happen....

Also, I think I have enough XP to upgrade the freeze cluster, but it's not giving me the option to do so.....is there anything in particular I need to do before I'm able to upgrade it?

Kweh

I seem to be stuck in the Museum quite early on in the game. I encountered the cutscene with the penguin where he gets a load of guards to fight you, I did that, then there are 3 closed gates you have to open various ways, which I have also done, but I don't know where to go next?

There is a big looked vault door that is mostly sealed with water pouring out, and leads to the Iceberg Lounge. How do I open it?

I got 9 riddler challenges to finish up, hopefully I will get that done after I finish U3. I'm having a real hard time doing the 'Aerial Attack of a stunned enemy into another' as I press circle and then tap x twice, I try to quickly press the directional button to go to another enemy, but it just doesn't happen....

Also, I think I have enough XP to upgrade the freeze cluster, but it's not giving me the option to do so.....is there anything in particular I need to do before I'm able to upgrade it?

I think you have to hit square along with the direction as you jump onto your first target (or whatever the strike button is).

Sober

I seem to be stuck in the Museum quite early on in the game. I encountered the cutscene with the penguin where he gets a load of guards to fight you, I did that, then there are 3 closed gates you have to open various ways, which I have also done, but I don't know where to go next?

There is a big looked vault door that is mostly sealed with water pouring out, and leads to the Iceberg Lounge. How do I open it?
The door to progress further is the left-most one. I think there is a fuse box to the left by the stairs
basically hit it with a charged Remote batarang IIRC

The other two need to be opened
in a similar fashion
but only they contain Riddler Trophies behind them.

Kweh

The door to progress further is the left-most one. I think there is a fuse box to the left by the stairs
basically hit it with a charged Remote batarang IIRC

The other two need to be opened
in a similar fashion
but only they contain Riddler Trophies behind them.

Thanks, I had done all that and gotten those trophies but didn't realise the other area beyond the left door had another wall that could be destroyed.

JJBro One

Is there no way to find the riddler hostages on the map? You just have to stumnble upon them in the city? Same with the faceless victims?

Lime

Is there no way to find the riddler hostages on the map? You just have to stumnble upon them in the city? Same with the faceless victims?

No, you need to solve Riddler stuff before unlocking the location of the next hostage. There's this huge text on your HUD after rescuing a Riddler hostage, which says: "Solve more riddler puzzles to unlock the location of the next hostage"

Err, I only have a few Riddler secrets left to go and I'm really tempted to look up the hard Riddler puzzles, but then The Riddler would be right when he accuses me of cheating.

Is there no achievement for beating the game on Hard? I was quite good at the last game so it shouldn't be too much of an issue, but I won't bother on my first playthrough if there's no achievement to gain.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
i'm having real trouble finding the dead guys for the Identity Theft side missions. I suppose I could go look at a guide, but I'd rather not.

Is there any rhyme or reason to where these guys show up, or do you just have to get lucky while traveling around the city?

Manp

screw GFWL! seriously, Microsoft should be ashamed of that. they should apologize to their costumer for actively trying to ruin their gaming experience.
and to think i was kind of an apologist at one point thinking the hate GAF has for this thing was undeserved!

i had to trow away a perfectly fine save game with half the game done because of how stupid the GFWL software is. basically your save games are tied to your GFWL account and that would be fine if it was just that.

but no, it's not just that! turns out every time you download your profile to your PC (being the same PC, same windows installation or a different PC altogether) that profile is treated as an entirely different profile as far as save games are concerned!

basically if for whatever reason you have to redownload your profile (because it gets corrupted, because your hdd dies, etc) your perfectly fine save games are useless because even if you are using the very same live account the game will think it's not the same account! and that's beyond STUPID!

sorry for this post but i had to vent! stupid Microsoft with their idiotic decisions almost ruined the game for me.

GFWL needs to die a terrible death and i'm happy it seems to be on that way.

Luckily I got a save file from 2 days ago by using the Restore previous folder feature in Win 7. Bad news is I got all the medals yesterday. Here I go again...

Make a bkup of your saves people! I lucked out.

and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD make a backup of your profile under "C:\Users\your account\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Content" because if you have a backup of your saves but don't have a backup of your profile you could as well just trow them in the recycle bin because they would be USELESS!

i'm having real trouble finding the dead guys for the Identity Theft side missions. I suppose I could go look at a guide, but I'd rather not.

Is there any rhyme or reason to where these guys show up, or do you just have to get lucky while traveling around the city?

Advance the plot. If you've already beaten the game, just glide around for a while. It shouldn't take long.

Fry

When do we get to enter the restricted area? There's a huge tower there that I can't wait to get to the top.

Seda

I just beat all the Combat and Predator challenges with all medals. Now all I left to do (for Batman) are the challenges, which seems to be just more of the same.

I might be done with these.

sikkinixx

I sorely regret buying this on PC. Just a joke from start to finish. Never again GFWL and never again GMG. Over an hour trying to patch the game.

Shiv47

Does New Game + reset all the side missions? I didn't realize I needed to "play catch" with
Azrael
until after I had finished that side mission.

Just finished this, pretty short, I actually thought the percentage meter was for the story mission, I thought I was half way done then BAM, finished, at bit disappointing but I enjoyed the game and Im currently doing side stuff now.

cackhyena

NG+ is no joke, but I'm appreciating the combat that much more because of it. Really making me use all of my unlocks and abilities. It hasn't even been that long since I blasted through on normal and I was already getting goosebumps at the music and opening again. So many games already played in between now and then, but this is still my GOTY.

Dabanton

Does New Game + reset all the side missions? I didn't realize I needed to "play catch" with
Azrael
until after I had finished that side mission.

I was doing sidemissons last weekend and just did it as a joke was shocked when an achievement unlocked.

Top Bottom