• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

augmental

HawksWinStanley said:
Why's that? Is it getting exclusive content again?

AFAIK, supposedly there is nothing special about the PS3 version this time around. All the gushing reviews are coming from the 360 version so I decided to go with 360 this time.

Solo

HawksWinStanley said:
Why's that? Is it getting exclusive content again?

No exclusive content, no.

Its an easy choice for me because the PC version has GFWL and no Steamworks and an undetermined delay. That alone rules out the PC version for me. So its between PS3 and 360, and since I have AA on PS3, I'll be getting AC on PS3. Performance wise, the PS3 and 360 versions of AA were as close to identical as you can get, and I expect that will hold true for AC.

RPGCrazied

Why are people saying AA was the same on the 360 and PS3? Maybe my PS3 is on the way out, but I clearly saw some screen tearing on the PS3 version. It wasn't major, and mostly when exploring in outdoor areas. Don't have a 360 anymore, but I don't recall that version having any. That's why I'm fearing for AC on PS3, cause its mostly all outdoors. I sure hope its vsynced.

Vire

RPGCrazied said:
Why are people saying AA was the same on the 360 and PS3? Maybe my PS3 is on the way out, but I clearly saw some screen tearing on the PS3 version. It wasn't major, and mostly when exploring in outdoor areas. Don't have a 360 anymore, but I don't recall that version having any. That's why I'm fearing for AC on PS3, cause its mostly all outdoors. I sure hope its vsynced.
Digital Foundry Comparison of AA:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-batman-demo-showdown-blog-entry

Our survey says that based on the technical performance of this demo, nobody is going to be disappointed with Batman: Arkham Asylum. Both games maintain 30FPS for the most part with minimal screen-tear, and in our representative sample of around 17,000 frames, a mere 1.7 per cent of them were torn on PS3 compared to 0.2 per cent on 360. Due to the dark nature of the game, and the fact that it doesn't deal in fast, colourful action, even those torn frames were rarely noticeable.

If 1.7% of 17,000 frames is enough to bother you, well I don't know what to say. The differences are hardly noticeable.

RPGCrazied

Lets just say screen tearing is the first I notice in games, small or no. :p I really hate it. Oh well, I'm still getting the game. I was just wondering.

snoopeasystreet said:
I think it's 8th for US and 12th for Europe or something dumb like that. Hopefully steam will at least let people preload.
I think that's probably going to prove to be the correct date, but Gamestop claims the 1st and Best Buy sent out a notice to people who preordered claiming the 15th.

Again, WB/Rocksteady could really help out by simply providing some basic information on the PC version...

EDIT: Gamestop has updated their site in the last 24 hours, and now also claims 11/15/11. So if that's the case, the PC has been delayed from before the heavy hitters until now coming out right on the heels of BF3, MW3, and Skyrim.

nib95

Banned
Vire said:
Digital Foundry Comparison of AA:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-batman-demo-showdown-blog-entry

Our survey says that based on the technical performance of this demo, nobody is going to be disappointed with Batman: Arkham Asylum. Both games maintain 30FPS for the most part with minimal screen-tear, and in our representative sample of around 17,000 frames, a mere 1.7 per cent of them were torn on PS3 compared to 0.2 per cent on 360. Due to the dark nature of the game, and the fact that it doesn't deal in fast, colourful action, even those torn frames were rarely noticeable.

If 1.7% of 17,000 frames is enough to bother you, well I don't know what to say. The differences are hardly noticeable.

Still appears that the 360 version has a marginal IQ advantage though. 360 version it is for me. My 360 is currently in storage (along with all my stuff). Can I log in to a friends or cousins 360 on my account and just carry on from there?

Can't wait for this game. It's gonna be fucking amazing.

I can't really look through this entire thread at work so does anybody know if the yellow lantern skin is ps3 exclusive or will it work with the 360?

Any real pictures of the statue? I don't want to get burned like I did with Arkham. That batarang was horrid.

Vire

nib95 said:
Still appears that the 360 version has a marginal IQ advantage though. 360 version it is for me. My 360 is currently in storage (along with all my stuff). Can I log in to a friends or cousins 360 on my account and just carry on from there?
Yes, the only thing is that your save info will be on his/her 360 and you'll have to save it to a thumb drive or memory stick to carry the save info back over to yours if you ever want to return to it on your own console.
kaskade said:
fuuuuuuckkk. He just choked that guy out with his feet. GOTY, I'll put 100 fake dollar on it.

Anything about the collectors edition yet? I'm still debating on switching my preorder to it.
Check the OP for info on the collectors edition..

LProtag

I'll probably wait until tomorrow when the embargo is over, watch all the reviews, get caught up in hype and preorder it on Amazon.

That's my plan at least.

Mr. Sam

The alternate skins are all wearable during the main single player campaign and not just the challenges, right? Because I'm feeling more and more that I'll have to buy from Gamestop UK simply because I need this:

Batman-Beyond.jpg

augmental

Noriega said:
wait, since i'm getting the CE, then I won't be able to get the back cover with catwoman's ass

FFFFUUUUU

I know right, the disc is in a damn sleeve!!! The should give you a sealed regular copy inside, smh. The statue possibly being of a mass produced 'cheap' nature and the disc being in a sleeve turned me off of the CE. The extra money will go towards Uncharted 3 I think.

Mr. Sam said:
The alternate skins are all wearable during the main single player campaign and not just the challenges, right? Because I'm feeling more and more that I'll have to buy from Gamestop UK simply because I need this:

Batman-Beyond.jpg
I believe they become wearable in campaign after you complete it the first time.

FatCat

Just ordered the Catwoman steelbook edition for my 360. Honestly WB are doing all they can to rake in money. The normal edition box cover is absolutely atrocious with the 20 labels over it.

Steelbook is same price as standard edition on amazon UK, fortunately.

Mr. Sam

The Nature Roy said:
I believe they become wearable in campaign after you complete it the first time.

If that's true, that's goddamn lame.

The amount of different components that this game has as DLC/pre-order bonuses/available by online pass is unreal. Throw a dog a bone!

Top Bottom