• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Vire said:
Not sure why you wouldn't want to get them though. :p
I usually complete the main quests in games and then go back and do all the side quests.

Easier to keep track of if you get stuck and need to cheat.
I'm looking at you hidden packages/horseshoes/gang tags.

Buckethead said:
I usually complete the main quests in games and then go back and do all the side quests.

with Arkham Asylum there was an in-game tracker that would check items off once you collected them. It was phenomenal for keeping track of "incidentally-picked-up" items. Many collectathon-heavy games these days have a similar feature (Crackdown 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood)

Solo

Buckethead said:

Well, there is pretty much no way you'll "accidentally" pick up anything. Unless you tend to walk along the walls spamming the X button.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Solo said:
Well, there is pretty much no way you'll "accidentally" pick up anything. Unless you tend to walk along the walls spamming the X button.
Oh Resident Evil and Final Fantasy games from the PSX era.

GrayFoxPL

Solo said:

I do it in every game. Duke Nukem 3D thought me that every wall has it's secrets.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Quick questions:

I thought PC release was confirmed for November 8th? Is that not so?

And is it K-Mart or Target with the gift card when you purchase? I might just get the 360 version if there is no date for PC.

oddworld18 said:
with Arkham Asylum there was an in-game tracker that would check items off once you collected them. It was phenomenal for keeping track of "incidentally-picked-up" items. Many collectathon-heavy games these days have a similar feature (Crackdown 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood)
Plus there were the Riddler maps that literally showed you where everything was.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
_tetsuo_ said:
Quick questions:

And is it K-Mart or Target with the gift card when you purchase? I might just get the 360 version if there is no date for PC.
Kmart has the $30 gift card.

Derrick01

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
Quick questions:

I believe that was a rumor pulled from somewhere but as far as I know that's all we've got so far. That wouldn't be a good move for WB but I won't complain. Getting to play that and Skyrim 3 days later would be awesome.

RPGCrazied

So, who will have the first review up tomorrow? Surely not all at once. Never know. Seems IGN/Gamespotlike to fight over exclusive reviews. GT usually gets them last.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
RPGCrazied said:
So, who will have the first review up tomorrow? Surely not all at once. Never know. Seems IGN/Gamespotlike to fight over exclusive reviews. GT usually gets them last.
If it's embargoed like this they usually go up and just about the same time.

_tetsuo_ said:
Quick questions:

I thought PC release was confirmed for November 8th? Is that not so?.
Nov. 8 seemed very likely but within the past day both Gamestop and Best Buy switched their dates to 11/15/11. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
xxracerxx said:
That is a pretty good idea, but I think I will aim for Uncharted 3. Thanks Shurs.
I'm also going to put it towards Uncharted since I can't get the Strike to Karkand pack for BF3 free if I don't preorder.

Duffyside

Banned
Embargo on reviews is up tonight, right? Not that there's any question if I'm going to get it. I just want to know how amazing it will be.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Mr. Sam said:
Conroy had a distinct "Bruce Wayne voice" in the animated series, but I don't recall him using it in AA.
Ok, it wasn't the "playboy Bruce Wayne" Bruce Wayne voice, but it was more the voice he uses with Alfred, than the one he uses on the streets as Batman.

I hope that we get this sort of scene in the Arkham games one day... a thread in the OT reminded me of it:

BatmanYearOne_06.jpg

Great scene... would love to see Rocksteady recreate it in a flashback or dream sequence or something.

RPGCrazied

Some questions. I don't know if these were ever answered or talked about, but I'm curious.

1.) Since the game has numerous side missions, does the game have a quest log, or tracker? How do you go about getting a quest and stuff?

2.) Other than the riddler trophies, does the game have any other collectibles? AA had interview reels, Arkham Spirit Stones and character bios.

ksdixon

I have the option of buying Batman:AC on PC, PS3 or Xbox360. What advantages does the PC version hold over either console version?

How does the PC version work in relation to downloadable content such as the skin pack I've heard about releasing in December; or the unlock code content like CatWoman? Does it have that content at all?

pahamrick

lilsting10 said:
I have the option of buying Batman:AC on PC, PS3 or Xbox360. What advantages does the PC version hold over either console version?

How does the PC version work in relation to downloadable content such as the skin pack I've heard about releasing in December; or the unlock code content like CatWoman? Does it have that content at all?

No one knows, sadly. The PC version has also been delayed with no new date given.

ksdixon

Do we at least know weather SONY has ''pulled a Joker'' on anything to do with Batman:AC?
I don't want to miss-out any any content this time around if I can help it.

cnizzle06

Banned
Solo said:

It's become second nature ever since calling out for Jason!

pahamrick

lilsting10 said:
Do we at least know weather SONY has ''pulled a Joker'' on anything to do with Batman:AC?
I don't want to miss-out any any content this time around if I can help it.

Doesn't seem that way. All the retailer specific costumes / character challenge maps have been confirmed as DLC you can purchase later on (I'm assuming that includes the Sinestro Batman costume which is exclusive to PS3 right now through the Green Lantern bluray.)

ksdixon

pahamrick said:
Doesn't seem that way. All the retailer specific costumes / character challenge maps have been confirmed as DLC you can purchase later on (I'm assuming that includes the Sinestro Batman costume which is exclusive to PS3 right now through the Green Lantern bluray.)

Yeah, I read somewhere on GAF that the Sinestro Batman was included in the Skin Pack DLC.

This sounds a bit weird, but if I were to get Batman:AC on PC and did intent to purchase DLC, how would I do that? Through Steam? Through GFWL?

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I hope that we get this sort of scene in the Arkham games one day... a thread in the OT reminded me of it:

http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/image/BatmanYearOne_06.jpg[/IG]

Great scene... would love to see Rocksteady recreate it in a flashback or dream sequence or something.[/QUOTE]

That is a good scene.

I hope they can put something like this in there too.

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jJSoKHaA5Uk/Ssp3fb45OUI/AAAAAAAAA08/ws00i4pJB4Q/s320/Joker_Boner.jpg

pahamrick

lilsting10 said:
Yeah, I read somewhere on GAF that the Sinestro Batman was included in the Skin Pack DLC.

This sounds a bit weird, but if I were to get Batman:AC on PC and did intent to purchase DLC, how would I do that? Through Steam? Through GFWL?

It would probably be through GFWL, but there's been no announcement that the PC version is getting the DC. I'd like to assume that it would since I'm getting AC for PC, but you can't anymore after some of the high profile releases that only got DLC on the console versions.

ksdixon

I personally don't take anything DLC related for granted anymore, after The Joker Challenge Rooms in Batman:AA....
- 1. Didn't get relased on Xbox Live after a set period of time, to purchase with MS Points.
- 2. Wasn't included in the PC Game Of The Year version.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
lilsting10 said:
I personally don't take anything DLC related for granted anymore, after The Joker Challenge Rooms in Batman:AA....
- 1. Didn't get relased on Xbox Live after a set period of time, to purchase with MS Points.
- 2. Wasn't included in the PC Game Of The Year version.
They've announced the release date and pricing for the Robin, Nightwing, and Skin packs. I was worried before too that the stuff wouldn't be obtainable at all but it looks like we can all get it, if we're willing to pay.

ksdixon

RoboPlato said:
They've announced the release date and pricing for the Robin, Nightwing, and Skin packs. I was worried before too that the stuff wouldn't be obtainable at all but it looks like we can all get it, if we're willing to pay.

That's great. I had only vaugley heard of the Skin Pack ''in December''. What are the dates for each of those DLC releases?

cnizzle06

Banned
Evolved1 said:
Framerate in Blight Town... uh.... how could they let the game out the door in this condition?

I thought you guys were probably exaggerating a little bit but actually this is worse than I imagined, and nauseating (and I'm not even a FR complainer usually) just really shocked.

I think the FR is in the single digits... and it's all congested close-quarters combat on dark and narrow walkways... recipe for disaster.

Awesome game so far but this is a major downer... hopefully I can get through this section soon and move on.

O rly?

Vire

Evolved1 said:
Framerate in Blight Town... uh.... how could they let the game out the door in this condition?

I thought you guys were probably exaggerating a little bit but actually this is worse than I imagined, and nauseating (and I'm not even a FR complainer usually) just really shocked.

I think the FR is in the single digits... and it's all congested close-quarters combat on dark and narrow walkways... recipe for disaster.

Awesome game so far but this is a major downer... hopefully I can get through this section soon and move on.
Uhhh.. Dark Souls thread is that a way ->.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Too many tabs open sorry... guess I'm still a little dizzy from blight town. :(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
lilsting10 said:
That's great. I had only vaugley heard of the Skin Pack ''in December''. What are the dates for each of those DLC releases?
I can't find the list right now but the Challenge Room characters were in November on separate weeks for $4.99 and the Skin pack was the first week in December for $5.99.

Hoya Destroyer said:
WTH!? Is there another meaning for "boner" that I dont know about? lol
It's also an old timey word for mistake. The thing that makes that Joker thing so funny is they say it over and over for the entire issue. If it was just once or twice I would have just chuckled but it's said a lot through the whole thing.

Top Bottom