• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Patrick Bateman said:
My online retailer just sent me an email that they shipped it, too. LOL WUT?

LOL WUT indeed. Who is your online retailer?

Spielegrotte, Primalgames, Hellgames, all the small shops in germany are selling the game. Gamestop won't....even if you pre-ordered it. This is a slap in the face for all their customers. It was definately my last pre-order at gamestop.

Sn4ke_911

Patrick Bateman said:
Spielegrotte.

Eh Year 1. Fuck that. I mean it's cool and all but i really want the TAS skin.

I'll wait. Thanks

Sn4ke_911

German back cover (PS3)
JgfIE.jpg

Xbox 360 is slightly different
C6HkN.jpg

The perfect Dark said:
Spielegrotte, Primalgames, Hellgames, all the small shops in germany are selling the game. Gamestop won't....even if you pre-ordered it. This is a slap in the face for all their customers. It was definately my last pre-order at gamestop.

You should never preorder or buy at gamestop.

Sn4ke_911

I swear Catwoman's ass on the back cover is a huge seller.

Wise choice Rocksteady and WB.

The perfect Dark said:
Yeah...it's too late now :/

Can you not purchase at one of those other retailers and cancel your Gamestop order? At least in the US, they'll refund any amount you put down, or allow you to use it on something else. Unless GS is the closest store to you; that would suck.

Sn4ke_911

Leonsito said:
PhysX logo on the PS3 version?

I don't get it. Where the fuck is the PhysX logo for Xbox 360?

Arkham Asylum the PhysX logo was on BOTH console versions.

Xbox 360
Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Back-Cover-xbox360.jpg

PS3
1255973129-00.jpg

wiggleb0t

Banned
:( Am I the only one who thought this was launching simultaneously on all platforms?
I though ubi was only screwing pc players over on the Assassins Creed franchise....

Also, if there is not a thread already dedicated to it and if someone could be so kind as to provide it, if not... Anyone know the cheapest & legit/reliable place to buy DD pc version?

S1kkZ

installing now (360) :)
my online retailer shipped my copy a few hours ago but i couldnt resist and rented it from my local videostore till tomorrow.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As I understand it, PhysX is available on all current-gen consoles as a middleware physics solution, although no such games will see the features you receive when using capable PC hardware (i.e. an nvidia GPU). Essentially, the move was designed to poach market share from Havoc.

Sn4ke_911

JaseC said:
As I understand it, PhysX is available on all current-gen consoles as a middleware physics solution, although no such games will see the features you receive when using capable PC hardware (i.e. an nvidia GPU). The move was designed to poach market share from Havoc.

but why is the logo only on the ps3 version? i mean in AA the logo was on both consoles. That's pretty weird.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sn4ke_911 said:
but why is the logo only on the ps3 version? i mean in AA the logo was on both consoles. That's pretty weird.

Marketing stuff-up? I doubt Rocksteady are using a non-PhysX physics solution in Arkham City X360 when the other versions (PS3, PC, and presumably Wii U) are using it, as well as the fact - that you mentioned - the X360 version of Asylum used PhysX.

Sn4ke_911

The perfect Dark said:
Well...it seems that Rocksteady cut off story parts (Catwoman) because of the online pass.

A user who plays the game already says that the catwoman part (we know it from the gameplay videos) is missing in the game (he decides to not enter the pass-code)

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6303

Bullshit.

I feel the same as this guy.

Brunadas said:
I don't think so man,what I think is,even if you don't redeem the code you WILL be able to play with Catwoman in the Story Mode(10% of the game) and that redeem code give you extra 4 missions and unlocks the DLC TROPHIES.Otherwise there was no point,so people who don't have Xbox/PS3 connected to the Internet couldn't play with Catwoman?Rs wouldn't do that.

The redeem code is just a Catwoman DLC...

Sn4ke_911

I'm surprised GT didn't made a video preview. Guess they were too busy playing AssCreed.

Edit: Arkham City live stream guy is back. Don't go to justin.tv

NO NO NO I'm not watching!!

Solo

Definity said:
At the rate I'm going I'm not sure I can hold out for the PC version....grrrr.

While the PC version will be technical superior to the rest by a large margin, GFWL/non-Steamworks and the delay have made it a day one console game for me.

Top Bottom