• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

bubnbob

Banned
RoboPlato said:
Cancelling my Amazon order now. I'll pick it up on Tuesday at Kmart.

You need their Rewards Card to get in on the coupon deal.

You can sign up for one immediately at the customer service desk, then walk up and buy Batman.

Definity said:
At the rate I'm going I'm not sure I can hold out for the PC version....grrrr.

I'm in the same boat but my justification for waiting another month is (a) it's cheaper; (b) it'll run and look much better than the console versions, since it uses DX11 and tessellation; and (c) it'll all be completely fresh as I won't have played the console version first like I did with Arkham Asylum. I don't think I could resist buying the PC version if I owned the 360 version as I know Arkham Asylum was a much more enjoyable experience on the PC with PhysX and a 60 fps framerate.

It's annoying that the game has been delayed but, to be honest, there are so many other games I'm playing at the moment, including RAGE (PC), Dark Souls (PS3), FIFA 12 (PC) and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (PC), that it is probably for the best anyway!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Lifejumper said:
Hey, do you know if anything unlocks for Batman after completing the game? Like skins or something.
You should ask him this question when he's drunk.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Derrick01 said:
I thought Physx is a Nvidia thing?
Well, they're using PhysX much like Havok, just that the enhanced stuff needs an NVIDIA gpu to calculate the "super advanced" newspaper pages

BFIB

The perfect Dark said:
Well...it seems that Rocksteady cut off story parts (Catwoman) because of the online pass.

A user who plays the game already says that the catwoman part (we know it from the gameplay videos) is missing in the game (he decides to not enter the pass-code)

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6303

2d1nsko.jpg

Crap, I just ran the numbers and theres no way I can buy this game until a few weeks, I'll have to cancell the preorder so they don't send it. Moving can be such a bastard. I basically have to pay rent twice in the same month of checks and my new rent is much higher than my current place. I'm going to move into a new cool place and be sitting on the floor and eating ramen for a week until I get payed :p

augmental

BobTheFork said:
Crap, I just ran the numbers and theres no way I can buy this game until a few weeks, I'll have to cancell the preorder so they don't send it. Moving can be such a bastard. I basically have to pay rent twice in the same month of checks and my new rent is much higher than my current place. I'm going to move into a new cool place and be sitting on the floor and eating ramen for a week until I get payed :p

Games > Food > Rent

C'mon man, priorities!!! But no seriously, I had to go through this as well at the beginning of the year. At least there weren't a million AAA titles coming out all at once at the time.

JetBlackPanda said:
can anyone confirm if Physx is on the 360 version?

The console versions use software PhysX, which runs off the CPU, so there's no reason why the Xbox 360 version wouldn't have it if the PS3 is also using it.

It's only the PC version which uses the GPU for PhysX, on NVIDIA graphics cards only, and this is why the effects are so much more impressive than in the console versions of Arkham Asylum.

Definity said:
At the rate I'm going I'm not sure I can hold out for the PC version....grrrr.

Same here tbh. *Really* want to play it when it releases on the 21st (UK), but paying another 25-26 quid for it two or three weeks later on PC isn't a nice thought, since I'm broke.

Decisions decisions...

As I said.

BAM

Catwoman is a unique character with her own story, moves, and weapons. Unlock Catwoman by redeeming the 1st purchaser included in the game case or by visiting Xbox Live Marketplace," says the game's title screen.

Eurogamer has had this verified with a source.

Batman: Arkham City's VIP pass unlocks four story scenes that feature Catwoman as a playable character.

It also unlocks Catwoman as a playable character in challenge mode (called Riddler's Revenge).

Without the VIP pass code, Catwoman still appears in the game as part of the story, but her playable missions remain locked.

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5829&start=75
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-13-batman-online-pass-unlocks-catwoman

This is unbelievable....wtf?

GQman2121

Banned
The perfect Dark said:
WB making ballsy moves. They'll no doubt charge a premium price to people without the code too. Tough place for used retail as Catwomen is all over their marketing campaign and even rear box art.

It only mentions this when you start up the game? Nothing on the box at all? If so, that's kind of shady.

Kmart is giving a 30 dollar gaming credit card AND a 10 dollar credit towards the new Lord Of The Rings game. I hope the new LOTR is good.

I'd rather have the rumored T-shirt though but I'll take the LOTR cred..

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Die DLC Codes werdet ihr Mitte kommender Woche in Eurem Account bei der Batman Bestellung einsehen können!

google translate

The DLC codes you will see in the middle of next week, your account with the Batman order!

http://spielegrotte.de/index.php?subkat=173&kat=100080&anr=47239&hb=6

Sorry but i don't see the problem. It was confirmed the game will use online pass.

Buy the game day 1 and you have no problems with it, or buy the game later and pay for catwoman.

Streams of the game being played reveal that Catwoman is only playable for those who have bought a new copy of the game or buy a code.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-13-batman-online-pass-unlocks-catwoman

Skilletor

I don't understand. Is catwoman DLC? or is she availabla as one of those If you buy it new, you don't have to pay things?

I'm getting on PC and could ignore everything else, but I want to play Catwoman. Will I have to pay extra?

Jintor

Skilletor said:
I don't understand. Is catwoman DLC? or is she availabla as one of those If you buy it new, you don't have to pay things?

I'm getting on PC and could ignore everything else, but I want to play Catwoman. Will I have to pay extra?

If you buy it first-hand, no.

cnizzle06

Banned
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Kmart is giving a 30 dollar gaming credit card AND a 10 dollar credit towards the new Lord Of The Rings game. I hope the new LOTR is good.

I'd rather have the rumored T-shirt though but I'll take the LOTR cred..
Aw, so the t-shirt isn't happening?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Skilletor said:

Buy it new, you can play as Catwoman. It can screw over people who don't have access to internet through their consoles or rent/buy used. You're getting the PC version, so neither of those should apply to you.

The perfect Dark said:
So what I thought first is true, they lock out and entire playable character in the SP for people who rent buy used or borrow from their friends. Isn't DLC awesome guys!! Honestly all this does is make my desire to buy the game when it comes out diminish.

What happens to people who aren't connected to the internet?

Skilletor

MasterShotgun said:
Buy it new, you can play as Catwoman. It can screw over people who don't have access to internet through their consoles or rent/buy used. You're getting the PC version, so neither of those should apply to you.

Sweet.

Well, the part where I get Catwoman. Not so much that other stuff.

Feindflug

S1kkZ said:
installing now (360) :)
my online retailer shipped my copy a few hours ago but i couldnt resist and rented it from my local videostore till tomorrow.

Some impressions about how the game looks and runs will be much appreciated. :p

Derrick01

Banned
Skilletor said:

I'm pretty sure the PC version doesn't even have an online pass. As long as you buy the game and put your key in, or just buy it on Steam, then you'll get everything that's in the console version's online pass.

Jintor

Lifejumper said:
Hey, do you know if anything unlocks for Batman after completing the game? Like skins or something.

Not that I could see, but then again I didn't check my unlocks during the game until I was done so everything just piled on me at once. Sorry.

(I couldn't even figure out where to switch Skins, I wanted to see if I had an Animated Catwoman skin as well as a 3d model)

A worrying non-update concerning the possibility of Robin,
Nightwing
, etc. not being made available for the PC version. Following a week of silence after Rocksteady's community manager said she'd look into whether or not the PC version would get DLC, some of the members on the official forum were getting a bit impatient concerning the matter (read: rude).

The community manager finally chimed in again but offered only the following on the subject:

SarahMay said:
I NEVER said there was DLC for PC owners, I said i was checking into it for more details. As soon as I know more I will tell you.

augmental said:
Games > Food > Rent

C'mon man, priorities!!! But no seriously, I had to go through this as well at the beginning of the year. At least there weren't a million AAA titles coming out all at once at the time.
yeah, everything I preordered has been piling up while i'm tryng to save money. When I was unemployed the first 6 months of the year I had time and money, now I have a good job and no money, WTF?!

This one kind of sucks too. I wanted the preorder costumes and I wanted to play this sooner than later :p

Derrick01

Banned
The Nature Roy said:
A worrying non-update concerning the possibility of Robin,
Nightwing
, etc. not being made available for the PC version. Following a week of silence after Rocksteady's community manager said she'd look into whether or not the PC version would get DLC, some of the members on the official forum were getting a bit impatient concerning the matter (read: rude).

The community manager finally chimed in again but offered only the following on the subject:

So they're going to screw us by making it GFWL and delay it even though the 360 version is already being torrented, and then screw us again by not letting us get all the achievements?

I am playing AA on PS3 right now for the first time since someone let me barrow it, runs good. I hate the DS3 though so Batman:AC will be 360 for me!

I live 3h-4h from the German frontier... Hmm This is so tempting, knowing that I get tomorrow afternoon off.

Must resist. Do something else this week end. But have such a urge to play this game.

Arghhhgg.

The perfect Dark said:
This is unbelievable....wtf?

Why are we still surprised by this?

Buy the game new...and it's not a problem.

Buy it used and you're missing content. Devs and publishers have every right to try to discourage people from taking part in the trade in market.

augmental

see5harp said:
Played the first one on PS3 because of the bonus stuff which I never even played. Will be playing on 360 this time.

Same here...only thing that sucks is having a small 360 HD and having to uninstall / install games one at a time. Right now I have Gears 3 installed :/

Derrick01 said:
So they' re going to screw us by making it GFWL and delay it even though the 360 version is already being torrented, and then screw us again by not letting us get all the achievements?
I don't know... It could be that they are saving their PC announcements for after the console release and everything will still in fact come to PC, but I'd say it's only fair to be upfront about it right now so that people can make informed purchasing decisions.

I'll get the PC version no matter what, although I won't be pleased if there's no DLC. However, some people might prefer a console version if there won't be DLC for PC and it would be nice for them to know one way or the other now so they still have a chance to cash in on the various preorder bonuses.

But if there is no DLC for PC -- on top of the (still ambiguous) delay that is pushing it right into heavy competitive traffic -- Rocksteady/WB better not simply blame lower-than-expected PC sales on 'piracy.' Right now it almost seems like they are sabotaging the PC version.

see5harp

I actually thought the PS3 version ran perfectly but apparently the 360 was a hair better in terms of lighting or something. I am upset about the Catwoman stuff because I was planning on Gameflying this one.

Derrick01

Banned
The Nature Roy said:
I don't know... It could be that they are saving their PC announcements for after the console release and everything will still in fact come to PC, but I'd say it's only fair to be upfront about it right now so that people can make informed purchasing decisions.

I'll get the PC version no matter what, although I won't be pleased if there's no DLC. However, some people might prefer a console version if there won't be DLC for PC and it would be nice for them to know one way or the other now so they still have a chance to cash in on the various preorder bonuses.

But if there is no DLC for PC -- on top of the (still ambiguous) delay that is pushing it right into heavy competitive traffic -- Rocksteady/WB better not simply blame lower-than-expected PC sales on 'piracy.' Right now it almost seems like they are sabotaging the PC version.

It really does seem like they're purposely trying to make the PC version sell as little as possible.

Isn't the rumored new date for it the 8th? That puts it right on top of Call of Duty which is massively popular on Steam. I mean if given a choice between the two I'd choose Batman easily but how many out there would choose COD, especially given the treatment Rocksteady/WB have given us?

Derrick01 said:
It really does seem like they're purposely trying to make the PC version sell as little as possible.

Isn't the rumored new date for it the 8th? That puts it right on top of Call of Duty which is massively popular on Steam. I mean if given a choice between the two I'd choose Batman easily but how many out there would choose COD, especially given the treatment Rocksteady/WB have given us?

I think it's 8th for US and 12th for Europe or something dumb like that. Hopefully steam will at least let people preload.

Top Bottom