• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Luthos

DrBo42 said:
I think it's pretty great, but it goes on far too long.
I saw it on TV a day or two ago before I've seen that version, and it was only 30 seconds or so on TV. And yea, that video did go on way too long.

sophora

Few more days till release, still iffy on getting it day one. Might just get it later on in the week whenever the paycheck hits my bank.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Played for 2-3 hours. You start off with a lot of the things you ended up with in AA, which is good becaussse the game is a lot harder. There is just... a lot of stuff to do. There is even stuff to do while you are doing the stuff to do. Gliding takes a little bit to get used to. I was stuck for a while on atraining mission trying to glide down a tunnel after divebombing. The Catwoman stuff is pretty good, but I would rather b e playing as Batman lol.

Mr. Sam

Blizzje said:
Are any UK stores selling it yet? Can't wait for my Collectors Edition to come in :)

Aren't we a whole week off UK release or have I gone mad?

Edit: Ah, but we're a whole week away from the German release, so i see where you're coming from.

Jintor

Snkfanatic said:
Haha I hear you, preordered last week. It's sitting in my steam library laughing at me.

Wait, you can preorder on Steam now? I'm holding off getting it on the cheap from GMG just because I like having it on Steam... the only way I know so far is the promotional codes from nVidia.

I hope there are weather effects like thunder and rain, thats the thing I really miss in the Arkham games. The Hugo Strange trailer is a great example.

I played the first hour and it didn't feel like the first one, but maybe it's because yesterday I was very tired.

Will continue and post more impressions.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Derrick01 said:
That's what I figured. I was just trying to see if maybe there was another way.

Not at present. I imagine the reason as to why the game still hasn't appeared on the Steam Store is because WB are still unsure of when exactly it will be ready... or they're pulling an EA. :p

What version should I preorder in the UK?

I'm thinking about getting it from Amazon.co.uk.

Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3? Any exclusive content on one console? Multiple discs on Xbox 360?

Sober

Bazhard said:
Didn't the first one have this problem? i assume this is something they can patch if it's horrible.
Fighting by a wall almost always is a problem with the camera in AA. It's less noticeable on PC with a KB/M because you can spin the camera around nonstop pretty much and never get caught too often without sacrificing it versus attacking. With a controller you pretty much should take the extended 1-second gap the game gives you to move your camera around while Batman does his move in slow-mo or during a takedown if possible.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
PC version being delayed is annoying more and more each day. Although I have a free copy coming via nvidia, I really want to buy it on Tuesday for ps3 :\

Miggytronz

I hope my wife surprises me with this game as it comes out on my bday. We're so broke at the moment that i dont think that will happen. :(

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
commish said:
PC version being delayed is annoying more and more each day. Although I have a free copy coming via nvidia, I really want to buy it on Tuesday for ps3 :\
Same. I am replaying AA with my new card to offset the itch.

Just saw this on the 1up review. I'm still going to be the game, but this shit is taking it a bit too far.

I'm also not the biggest fan of how the game handles Catwoman. As a playable character, she's actually quite excellent: She has her own moveset, combat mechanics, and a separate storyline that complements the main game. She provides an interesting perspective on the campaign. My complaint is that she's locked behind a sort of Online Pass addition, where new Arkham City purchases come with a one-use token to download the Catwoman gameplay. The game works perfectly fine without her (she still appears in cut-scenes, and I finished the game the first time without redeeming the token), but it was also annoying to see "Play Catwoman" prominently on my main menu; and to see either Catwoman-specific collectibles, or opportunities to switch to Catwoman for a change of pace without actually being able to use them. Once I redeemed the token, I saw that her gameplay had been integrated into the storytelling as well -- having the Catwoman content active actually changes the beginning of the game. Again, while the game and story is fully "complete" without Catwoman, it still irks me to see how well integrated she is but that an obstacle (paywall when buying used, or even lack of Internet so that you can't activate her) prevents every Arkham City player from experiencing it.

That's some serious bullshit.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Is it just me or are the details of the PC version woefully slim right now? How is this DLC going to be handled? GFWL still in? Specs?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
DenogginizerOS said:
Is it just me or are the details of the PC version woefully slim right now? How is this DLC going to be handled? GFWL still in? Specs?

Details are slim because it still has no concrete release date, at least as far as we know. I imagine once the PC version goes gold Rocksteady will wax lyrical about it.

Edit: This brief interview regarding the technical aspects of the PC version is all we can be sure of for the moment.

-Stranger-

_tetsuo_ said:
Played for 2-3 hours. You start off with a lot of the things you ended up with in AA, which is good becaussse the game is a lot harder. There is just... a lot of stuff to do. There is even stuff to do while you are doing the stuff to do. Gliding takes a little bit to get used to. I was stuck for a while on atraining mission trying to glide down a tunnel after divebombing. The Catwoman stuff is pretty good, but I would rather b e playing as Batman lol.

Are you a reviewer or something?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
RoninChaos said:
Just saw this on the 1up review. I'm still going to be the game, but this shit is taking it a bit too far.

That's some serious bullshit.
What the difference is if you're buying new? I don't care unless there's a wrinkle for new users that will screw us? Otherwise, who cares.

kaskade

For as long as I can remember I've wanted a good batman game. Now to not only have one but two is so awesome. Thank you Rocksteady.

Derrick01

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:

I imagine we'll start hearing things after next week when the console versions launch and they can get that out of the way. They're clearly putting a console focus first for this game.

I can tell you GFWL will still be in though, that was confirmed already.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The perfect Dark said:
Gamepro Germany says "One of the best games this gen"

btw: They show the Ps3-Version in their video review.

Any spoilers?

Jintor said:
Wait, you can preorder on Steam now? I'm holding off getting it on the cheap from GMG just because I like having it on Steam... the only way I know so far is the promotional codes from nVidia.

I grabbed a code from cdkeydiscount for $36. It was a steam code and I trust that place after I got Space Marine for cheap.

Top Bottom