• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Looks like the Kmart deal has been modified a bit. No T-Shirt, but $10 credit to Lord of the Rings: War in the North.

The $30 coupon appears to only be vaild from 10/23 through 12/3

http://gamer.kmart.com/2011/10/save-game-12/

Starting 10/18 and ending 10/22, Shop Your Way Reward Members will receive a $30 gaming coupon with the purchase of Batman Arkham City for PS3 or XB360 for $59.99. You will also receive a bonus $10 gaming coupon good towards Warner’s highly anticipated Lord of the Rings: War in the North (which will have a $20 gaming coupon with it when it launches in November).

That’s right, one more time, a $30 gaming coupon. Instore only. The coupon automatically prints at the register once the game is purchased and your SYWR card is scanned.

The coupon is valid from 10/23 through 12/3, if you can’t find a game that comes out then that you don’t like, or you can’t find a deal on Black Friday worth the money, then shame on you.

Link to Shop your way rewards
http://www.shopyourwayrewards.com/sywr/home_do

From what I have read it appears these gaming coupons are also good for PSN/XBL points. This seems like the best deal to me. Pick up the game and get a $20 PSN card and not have to spend anything extra for all the DLC stuff. I am actually debating on whether or not to get a $50 PSN card and also get some old Street Fighter IV costumes.

RoboPlato said:
They've announced the release date and pricing for the Robin, Nightwing, and Skin packs. I was worried before too that the stuff wouldn't be obtainable at all but it looks like we can all get it, if we're willing to pay.
But those dates are only for PS3/360. Rocksteady hasn't confirmed whether or not DLC is coming to PC at all. Their community manager said a week ago that she'd look into it but has provided no additional information since. It's the same campaign of no information as relates to the unannounced release date for PC.

My best guess is it will be made available for PC before too long but they are trying to push sales to the console versions at the moment.

Hopefully PC users don't get double hosed on the delay and DLC.

Simo

So I just saw what DC Direct is offering for their 3 lines or so of Arkham City figures at NY CC which includes a boss/rogue I had no idea was confirmed for AC just rumoured and wasn't mentioned in the OP or first page. I'll just copy the link and again it's not a villain thats been formerly mentioned nor confirmed...
http://imgf.tw/826544943.jpg

Is there any rogue NOT in AC?!

dreamfall

Simo said:
So I just saw what DC Direct is offering for their 3 lines or so of Arkham City figures at NY CC which includes a boss/rogue I had no idea was confirmed for AC just rumoured and wasn't mentioned in the OP or first page. I'll just copy the link...

Oh my, Catwoman looks lovely! When are these released to the general public?!

Simo

dreamfall said:
Oh my, Catwoman looks lovely! When are these released to the general public?!

April-December 2012.

Here's a couple more photos of the AC series..
359006105.jpg

380793065.jpg

955483112.jpg

717392262.jpg

dreamfall

xxracerxx said:
CAREFUL!!! It is not just Catwoman in the image.

Oh, I know! I didn't want to post the other villain- but thank you for the heads up!
Black Mask looks so awesome as well!

Accidentally read about that confirmation awhile ago, but staying away from everything!

Simo

dreamfall said:
Oh, I know! I didn't want to post the other villain- but thank you for the heads up!
Black Mask looks so awesome as well!

That's not
Black Mask but Hush.

the chris

GekigangerV said:
From what I have read it appears these gaming coupons are also good for PSN/XBL points. This seems like the best deal to me. Pick up the game and get a $20 PSN card and not have to spend anything extra for all the DLC stuff. I am actually debating on whether or not to get a $50 PSN card and also get some old Street Fighter IV costumes.
That may not be true, the K-Mart at Astor Place in New York told me I couldn't use my $20 game credit to buy a $20 PSN card even though I was buying something along with it, they said that it couldn't be used because the PSN card has no tax or something like that. It may be different at other K-Marts but just wanted to give people out there a heads up.

voltron

Too. Many. Games. This looks effin awesome though.

lol @ the review that said "Best Game Ever"... that line gets thrown around surprisingly lot. And way too often.

Simo said:
So I just saw what DC Direct is offering for their 3 lines or so of Arkham City figures at NY CC which includes a boss/rogue I had no idea was confirmed for AC just rumoured and wasn't mentioned in the OP or first page. I'll just copy the link and again it's not a villain thats been formerly mentioned nor confirmed...

Really wished I didn't click that link. My fault for not reading what you wrote closer -- just saw the DC Direct bit and clicked away. Oh well -- like I have much a chance not be completely spoiled by the time the PC version is eventually released anyway... whenever that may be.

zychi

Banned
Got to play the game a few days early, and I played a few "missions" or whatever they are, I'm not too far into the story so I don't know what it is, and I don't want to spoil anything, BUT I loooooooove the intro/tutorial.

Can't wait to get home from work tomorrow and play all weekend long.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Simo said:

I'd assume a bunch of the C-D list villians aren't in here. Great White Shark, Clock King, Ratcatcher, the 3 or 4 different Fire villains, The Killer Moth or whatever he was.

Jintor

Lonestar said:
I'd assume a bunch of the C-D list villians aren't in here. Great White Shark, Clock King, Ratcatcher, the 3 or 4 different Fire villains, The Killer Moth or whatever he was.

I'd love to see Clock King or Killer Moth around...

Summary thing is cool as hell.

Damn I hated the wall camera issues when doing the challenges in AA but after awhile once I got better at the game, realized that you can control where the fight takes place.

M.W.

I don't remember how difficult or non difficult AA was on normal or hard difficulty. I'm trying to decide how to play it.

Bazhard

Banned
The perfect Dark said:
Game2gether.de

94%

http://game2gether.de/wordpress/38753/batman-arkham-city-test-review/#fazit-wertung

+ Batman
+ freeflow fighting
+ incredible atmosphere
+ gadgets
+ great controls
+ story summary when loading a savegame

- Problems with camera when fighting near a wall
Didn't the first one have this problem? i assume this is something they can patch if it's horrible.

Marcellus Wallace said:
I don't remember how difficult or non difficult AA was on normal or hard difficulty. I'm trying to decide how to play it.
Hard mode was pretty easy on AA, i always suggest play normal, if it's too easy ramp it up. or do 2 playthroughs, one on normal and one on hard.

Marcellus Wallace said:
There's an achievement for playing through twice and the game will be über fun so I'm playing through twice regardless.

Probably normal and whatever New Game Plus is.

Dat Batman PlayArts figure!

Totally didn't know about this. Love the PlayArts line (have Adam Jensen and Peace Walker Snake figures).

Tough though as I was plannin' on getting this:

DCC11427.jpg

Been wanting to get a good sized batman statue for awhile and this one looks like it will fit the bill

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
dreamfall said:
Oh my, Catwoman looks lovely!
Are we looking at the same figure? She looks like a dude. The other figures looks pretty good, but Catwoman is not what I would call lovely.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Vire said:
Someone is posting a Let's Play in HD on Youtube. He apparently got an early copy:

I haven't watched any of it myself but I'm sure there's a few joker's here who want spoilers.

Batman Arkham City Let's Play

Bleh, why do people have to talk as they play the freakin game? I really don't care that much about your dumb opinion.

Any ideas on which console version to get?

I plan on snatching this day one to take advantage of the Wal-Mart deal, so no waiting for DF/LoT.

I'm assuming that graphics/performance will be the same, but 3D mode will be better on PS3?

Danielsan

LowEndTorque said:
Any ideas on which console version to get?

I plan on snatching this day one to take advantage of the Wal-Mart deal, so no waiting for DF/LoT.

I'm assuming that graphics/performance will be the same, but 3D mode will be better on PS3?
It's Unreal so Xbox360 is the safest bet. That said, I own the PS3 version of Arkham Asylum and it was fine.

DrBo42

SalsaShark said:
these ads are so fuckin terrible

they should even pay Judd Apatow for the whole "you know how i know youre gay?" ripoff
I think it's pretty great, but it goes on far too long.

Top Bottom