• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Jintor

TSAGoodness said:
So should I install the Catwoman stuff first so it's integrated in my game? Does it change the beginning for the better?

I'd go with that, yeah. I played through some without, some with, and it makes a little more sense with.

Derrick01

Banned
Jintor said:
I'm tempted... real tempted.

You should wait just in case. I have no idea how he got a Steam code from that unless they were buying nvidia gpus I guess. The game is not steamworks like Space Marine was.

edit: Or yeah do the ebay thing.

RPGCrazied

I thought the main game was suppose to be long? The GT review said its about 12hours, thats just as long as AA pretty much. Unless there is a fuckton of side missions, I don't see this lasting much longer than AA. Oh well. Also, they didn't talk about performance in the review, yet I did see some issues. Texture poping in, and screen tearing. Wonder why they didn't talk about that.

Jintor

RPGCrazied said:
I thought the main game was suppose to be long? The GT review said its about 12hours, thats just as long as AA pretty much. Unless there is a fuckton of side missions, I don't see this lasting much longer than AA. Oh well. Also, they didn't talk about performance in the review, yet I did see some issues. Texture poping in, and screen tearing. Wonder why they didn't talk about that.

Played on hard, I'd estimate 15 hours, though I did get stuck for like an hour and a half on a boss fight.

Derrick01

Banned
RPGCrazied said:

The hell? I know devs almost always inflate playing times but I was still expecting close to 30 hours for 100%. The main game only being 12 hours makes it about as long as the linear first game.

LiquidMetal14 said:
What the difference is if you're buying new? I don't care unless there's a wrinkle for new users that will screw us? Otherwise, who cares.
I am buying new and my 360 isn't hooked to the internet. I'm getting screwed even though I'm supporting the developer by paying the full MSRP on day 1

Jintor

RPGCrazied said:
So there is a lot? They didn't talk about how many in the review.

I can't give a time because I never finished them all myself... but yeah. There's a lot. I didn't even find a couple of them.

RPGCrazied said:
I'm talking about side missions.

10? 15? 25? Like if I were to do everything in the game, how long would it take me?

I seriously estimate at the very least 30 hours even without a NG+ playthrough. Heck, that might even be leaving out challenge rooms.

Derrick01

Banned
One of the reviews I read said there was only 12 side missions but I'm betting that wasn't including Riddler stuff. Hopefully they're in depth and take a while. An hour minimum for each side mission would be nice :)

RPGCrazied

Jintor said:
I can't give a time because I never finished them all myself... but yeah. There's a lot. I didn't even find a couple of them.

I seriously estimate at the very least 30 hours even without a NG+ playthrough. Heck, that might even be leaving out challenge rooms.

Thanks!

Only 12? Surely you're wrong with that one, lol

Jintor

Derrick01 said:
One of the reviews I read said there was only 12 side missions but I'm betting that wasn't including Riddler stuff. Hopefully they're in depth and take a while. An hour minimum for each side mission would be nice :)

They vary. One or two missions are literally just 'turn up here and maybe fight a guy and you're done'. Others might be something you check in on once in a while as you follow story beats. Another might just need you to keep being all detectivelike around the city.

RPGCrazied said:
I'm talking about side missions.

10? 15? 25? Like if I were to do everything in the game, how long would it take me?
Rocksteady says 40.

25 for main story, 15 for side missions.

If you're going for the full 1000G, I'd say a lot more because of those damn challenges.

Derrick01

Banned
Jintor said:
They vary. One or two missions are literally just 'turn up here and maybe fight a guy and you're done'. Others might be something you check in on once in a while as you follow story beats. Another might just need you to keep being all detectivelike around the city.

Those don't sound like full side missions if there really is only 12. I'm guessing there's full side missions involving villains and then smaller stuff. Not really random moments like in spiderman when those asshole kids would always lose their balloons, but smaller stuff than full blown missions. Looks like that review should have been more specific.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Mr. Paer said:
I am buying new and my 360 isn't hooked to the internet. I'm getting screwed even though I'm supporting the developer by paying the full MSRP on day 1
No internet connection? How are you posting here? Take your 360 there for the content!

JohngPR

Derrick01 said:
The hell? I know devs almost always inflate playing times but I was still expecting close to 30 hours for 100%. The main game only being 12 hours makes it about as long as the linear first game.

Take into consideration that these guys are playing it for review so they are probably hurrying and main lining it through the game.

Mr. Paer said:

Do you think you can possibly call Microsoft and have them redeem the code for you that way? It's worth a shot.

DenogginizerOS said:
Is it just me or are the details of the PC version woefully slim right now? How is this DLC going to be handled? GFWL still in? Specs?
Not just you -- I've been whining quite a bit.

To review:

Release date hasn't even been confirmed. Seemed likely to be Nov 8, but now it seems more likely to be Nov 15.

DLC is still a big question mark. Rocksteady's community manager said a week ago that she'd look into it but hasn't said anything since other than something like, "I never said PC would get DLC..." in response to repeated questions on the topic.

GFWL is still in.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Oh rocksteady

BAAbs.jpg

JohngPR said:
Do you think you can possibly call Microsoft and have them redeem the code for you that way? It's worth a shot.

How would that work though? Lol. How is his console supposed to know it was redeemed without internet.

JohngPR

Inferno313 said:
How would that work though? Lol. How is his console supposed to know it was redeemed without internet.

They transfer your content licenses if you call them up so they can gain access to your console in some kind of way....it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility to me.

You have any better ideas? :p

JohngPR said:
They transfer your content licenses if you call them up so they can gain access to your console in some kind of way....it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility to me.

You have any better ideas? :p
Not if the console isn't connected to anything; It would be damn scary if they could...

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Woah when did the embargo lift? I'm just seeing these beautiful reviews.

SpudBud

Shit, I don't know if I can wait for the PC version. I already snagged myself a code form e-bay. Man why did they have to delayed the PC version. :(

Maybe it's time to double dip.

BFIB

My fiance was just watching some of the videos of the game. She's not a big gamer at all, but stated that the game "looks like a Hollywood movie." I told her that can't be the case, because IGN gave it a 9.5. She didn't get it at all.

My nerd moment of the day.

BFIB

I thought all of the skin packs were going to be released at a later time as DLC?

EDIT: Misread your post. I believe its the only way to get the skin at launch unfortunately.

Top Bottom