• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

RPGCrazied

S1kkZ said:
oh man, there is still so much to do and find, even after i finished the main story. the riddler stuff alone should take you longer than the main story.

Say, don't you have the PS3 version? Can you tell me if the game has screen tearing? Specially when flying around the city?

S1kkZ

RPGCrazied said:
Say, don't you have the PS3 version? Can you tell me if the game has screen tearing? Specially when flying around the city?
nope, 360 version. there is some minor tearing but its not an issue. aa was almost identical on ps3, so i dont think it will be an issue there.

Yen

DoctorWho said:
Mild spoiler from about 57% through the game.
OMFG, mid game joke in reference to a tv show.
If you want to know what the joke was about
--LOST--

That's about as vague as I can get. It's a hilarious moment. You need to stick around for it though. That's why I'm letting you guys know ahead of time.
Is it in the main story? I don't want to miss it.

Weenerz

Banned
Are there any other costumes we can get without pre-ordering at other stores? I bought shitty
Green Lantern and then a disgusting NOS.

maeda

I need to know one thing only. Is level design significantly more elaborated and interesting in comparison with the 1st game? Because for all its lovely qualities, Arkham Asylum had an extremely uninspired level design in comparison with the game it was heavily inspired by, Metroid Prime.

maeda said:
I need to know one thing only. Is level design significantly more elaborated and interesting in comparison with the 1st game? Because for all its lovely qualities, Arkham Asylum had an extremely uninspired level design in comparison with the game it was heavily inspired by, Metroid Prime.

I didn't feel the same way about AA. I thought the level design is great. As for AC, the level design is on par. The over-world takes a bit of getting use to though. You really need to use the markers and the map to traverse it because the landmarks don't really stand out.

Bazhard

Banned
DoctorWho said:
I'm not noticing any in the PS3 version. I haven't been looking close enough though. But the fact that I haven't noticed it is a good thing. :)
So compared to AA, AC has little to 0 screen tearing? also 360 version of AA had 2xMSAA as where PS3 had none.

Any idea how it is in the ps3 this time around? i really really prefer my ps3 to 360 but if this is another AA case i guess ill just pick it up on 360, the screen tearing at first didn't bother me in AA but it eventually started to annoy me.

RPGCrazied

snack said:
Which version to snag? 360 or PS3?

no one knows yet, I wish there was a comparison vdeo. maybe the game has to be released first before they do those.

Doesn't GT and digital foundary do those?

JohngPR

I still don't understand how the review embargo has unlifted and we've had dozens of reviews but no mention of the PS3 version. I'm assuming maybe WB only sent out copies of the 360 version?

Weenerz

Banned
Probably means there aren't any gigantic differences between the two versions. We've seen people on youtube playing the PS3 version and there hasn't been an uproar, so that might be a good thing.

Holy shit, this game on a class of its own. Best material of the year, only Dark Souls dears to come close so far. Will see about SkyRim. Outside of those two, nothing is worth of smelling Arkahn City's farts.

Rock Steady just confirmed it's position as an elite studio.

RPGCrazied said:
no one knows yet, I wish there was a comparison vdeo. maybe the game has to be released first before they do those.

Doesn't GT and digital foundary do those?

GT takes two 360 versions, changes the brightness on one of them, then calls it a day. lol

the open-worldness of this game has been overstated by some people.
the main story is very linear; but yes it's a big city and there's plenty of side missions.
the level design is fantastic though.

also i have to say - the music in this game is vastly superior to AA. definetely TDK score inspired.

DoctorWho said:
I didn't feel the same way about AA. I thought the level design is great. As for AC, the level design is on par. The over-world takes a bit of getting use to though. You really need to use the markers and the map to traverse it because the landmarks don't really stand out.
hmm i haven't really gotten lost yet; but you're right about lack of landmarks.

GQman2121

Banned
Weenerz said:
Probably means there aren't any gigantic differences between the two versions. We've seen people on youtube playing the PS3 version and there hasn't been an uproar, so that might be a good thing.

I wouldn't worry about it. AA was damn near identical on both systems. I wouldn't expect AC to be any different.

GQman2121 said:
I wouldn't worry about it. AA was damn near identical on both systems. I wouldn't expect AC to be any different.
i have both versions of AC. they run/look very similiar. no screen tearing, next to no loading (360 installed). it's going to come down to controller preference. not sure why everyone is freaking out about this.

Yen

Refreshment.01 said:
Holy shit, this game on a class of its own. Best material of the year, only Dark Souls dears to come close so far. Will see about SkyRim. Outside of those two, nothing is worth of smelling Arkahn City's farts.

Rock Steady just confirmed it's position as an elite studio.
Portal 2?

Yenrot said:
Portal 2?
What kind of savage i am forgetting Portal 2? Apologies. Anyway there's some good stuff released in the year, Witcher 2 and Dead Space deserve mention also.

But Arkhan City, Damn! That's how you play on the strenghts of your first game and then improve them until it becomes the beast this game has become. Did i say beast? Beauty and beast at the same time.

inter said:
I really can't remember the last time I was this excited about a game.
When Bob Kane created the character, not even in his wildest wet dream he could imagine his concept would soar to the heights Rock Steady has taken it. This is the best piece of media that has come from the Batman phenomenon ever, no movies or comics do the character justice as the game does.

Yea hype your heart until explodes man.

Refreshment.01 said:
When Bob Kane created the character, not even in his wildest wet dream he could imagine his concept would soar to the heights Rock Steady has taken it. This is the best piece of media that has come from the Batman phenomenon ever, no movies or comics do the character justice as the game does.

Yea hype your heart until explodes man.

Hmmm.. While I have no doubt this game will be amazing. I doubt the part about bringing the character to justice better than the comics is true.

Do you actually read Batman comics?

Lifejumper said:
Hmmm.. While I have no doubt this game will be amazing. I doubt the part about bringing the character to justice better than the comics is true.
I don't. Of course Batman has some absolutely brilliant comic arcs, but the advantage that Arkham City has is that it seems to flesh out the entirety of the Batman universe in a single package. Because of the medium, all of these characters and villains and nods to the mythos and lore can be crammed together without anything feeling disjointed or out of place. It certainly seems like this game will be far more expansive in its exploration and engagement of every facet of Batman's universe than any single comic or movie has been able to achieve in the past

Inferno313 said:
Yes. Have you ben living under a rock? :p

Yes, and let me tell ya...it wasn't fun at all :D
But tbh...I don't know much about Batman, but the reviews are so damn good and the game look so gobsmacking that I preordered the steelbook.

Thanks for your answer btw :)

Lifejumper said:

Do you actually read Batman comics?
When a comic let's me graple to the top of a building, drop a scumbag while hanging from a ledge, stealth my way to double take down some clowns and then glide dive 6 floors directly into a goon face, cool and smooth. I will do some sweet tongue licking to that comic.

Anyway LifeJumper, your point is taken that maybe not in regards to the story or character development, but i was refering to the hole package that it's the game.

Refreshment.01 said:
When a comic let's me graple to the top of a building, drop a scumbag while hanging from a ledge, stealth my way to double take down some clowns and then glide dive 6 floors directly into a goon face, cool and smooth. I will do some sweet tongue licking to that comic.

Anyway LifeJumper, your point is taken that maybe not in regards to the story or character development, but i was refering to the hole package that it's the game.

Aha from that point of view I'll agree with you. Thanks for explaining.

S1kkZ said:
the soundtrack (and the way the game plays it up during certain scenes) is amazing.
I'm so excited for this aspect. I still can't believe that Rocksteady was able to produce such a seemingly incredible soundtrack along with everything else. You would think that at least one crucial element of game design would be subpar with such an ambitious title, but much like The Batman himself it seems like Rocksteady can't help but excel at every single fucking thing they put their mind to

Weenerz

Banned
I'm doubledipping without even playing the game. Fully paid for the PS3 version, and will get the PC version when it comes out. Rocksteady my money is yours.

DrBo42

For those that have completed the campaign, can you see yourself immediately jumping into NG+? Or is the story not engaging enough to warrant a second immediate playthrough?

S1kkZ

DrBo42 said:
For those that have completed the campaign, can you see yourself immediately jumping into NG+? Or is the story not engaging enough to warrant a second immediate playthrough?
dude, i am way to busy to collect all the riddler stuff (that alone should take 6 hours or so) and do the rest of the sidemissions (which are awesome). after i did all of that, i will try a story missions only ng+ run. the story is pretty awesome and much better than asylum.

Top Bottom