• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Korosenai

HawksWinStanley said:
Ah, so all the 25 hr talk from Rocksteady was just bullshit?
Well if you want to 100% the game and beat the new game plus or whatever its called, i'm sure it'll take around that time.

Yen

HawksWinStanley said:
People in this thread have talked about the insane amount of side missions to do. So there'll be plenty to do.

HawksWinStanley said:
Huh?
It would probably take 60-80 hours to 100% the game.
25 hours or so to beat the main story and a bunch of side missions.

hlhbk said:
I keep hearig between 8 to 25 hours for the main story, can we get a definitive anwser????
There is no definitive answer. Everyone plays the game at their own pace. Without doing any side stuff it's probably a 10-12 hour game. Double that if you plan to do any side stuff.

Derrick01 said:
25 is BS for just main story stuff. 30-40 seems likely to 100% it. Just the main story from what we're seeing should take you 10-12.
I'd love to see someone 100% in 30 hours.

hlhbk

DevelopmentArrested said:
Huh?
It would probably take 60-80 hours to 100% the game.
25 hours or so to beat the main story and a bunch of side missions.

I keep hearig between 8 to 25 hours for the main story, can we get a definitive anwser????

Derrick01

Banned
HawksWinStanley said:

25 is BS for just main story stuff. 30-40 seems likely to 100% it. Just the main story from what we're seeing should take you 10-12.

Wow. I just finished it. End sort of came out of nowhere. I'm not saying another word. Just don't let yourself get spoiled.

Amazing - FUCKING AMAZING.

No story spoilers, just my time and my thoughts on how the game doesn't tell you the "end game" is coming:

I guess I've been playing for around 10 hours (Game doesn't tell you). Did around 30% of the side missions. I would have done more before the end of the game, but there is no clear indicator that the game is coming to an end. Shit just starts happening one after another and the last couple of hours there is shit going on that makes it kind of difficult to even do the side missions. Hmmm...

DoctorWho said:
Wow. I just finished it. End sort of came out of nowhere. I'm not saying another word. Just don't let yourself get spoiled.

Amazing - FUCKING AMAZING.
Awesome! From what I hear this game has a much better ending than Arkham Asylum's.

Would you agree with some of the reviews that have said this is one of the greatest Batman stories ever told?

Derrick01

Banned
Always-honest said:
10-12 hours of quality campaign gameplay is great.

Yup that's about as long as AA was, maybe a couple hours longer. The way I look at it is you're basically getting to play AA again but with about 20 extra hours of quality side content this time.

Mr. Paer said:
Awesome! From what I hear this game has a much better ending than Arkham Asylum's.

Would you agree with some of the reviews that have said this is one of the greatest Batman stories ever told?

This is a fantastic Batman and probably up there with some of the best arcs I know of/read. The ending (no story spoilers, just the length of it):
is a little too short IMO. It's great though.

I'm trying to piece my total time played:

Friday: Maybe 3 to 3:30 hours
Saturday: 4 hours
Sunday: 3:30-4 hours.

HawksWinStanley said:
I said it a few pages back. I'm amused when people take developer estimates on such things seriously. They are ALWAYS going to give a number based on completing everything in the game.

But it never fails, people end up saying they're surprised, again! lol

So where are people getting this game early?

BruiserBear said:
I said it a few pages back. I'm amused when people take developer estimates on such things seriously. They are ALWAYS going to give a number based on completing everything in the game.

25 hours for everything sounds about right. I think I could do it in 20 but I'm not including the mastering of the challenge maps.

Anyone hear Of any places I can find the game early in new York city? Apar from the times square thing they are doing tomorrow. Post or PM me if you have info.

DoctorWho said:
25 hours for everything sounds about right. I think I could do it in 20 but I'm not including the mastering of the challenge maps.

What difficulty did you play on?

If you chose hard, was it easier than AA's hard mode?

Inferno313 said:
I take it I should start this on hard since I platinum'd Asylum?
I think you should.

I remember AA being harder and a little longer than this. Might improve your experience.

I used Normal and it felt easier than AA's normal mode from what I recall.

Final boss fight is a lot better too, for those who are wondering.

DoctorWho said:
I think you should.

I remember AA being harder and a little longer than this. Might improve your experience.

I thought I heard it removes the counter warnings in NG+, if that's true. Does that mean you have them in Hard this time on the first go 'round?

Also, in regards to the Catwoman stuff.

Story spoiler:

There is a distinct point where you have to make a decision to either take the loot in the heist your involved in or go save Batman. I decided to save Bats. Wonder what would have happened if I had made the other choice.

Inferno313 said:
I thought I heard it removes the counter warnings in NG+, if that's true. Does that mean you have them in Hard this time on the first go 'round?
I'm also wondering this. I'd like to have a go on hard my first time playing through it, but I also want my first run through to have the counter warnings because I'm sure I'll be rusty as hell at the combat until I've sunk a substantial amount of time into this game

Mr. Paer said:
I'm also wondering this. I'd like to have a go on hard my first time playing through it, but I also want my first run through to have the counter warnings because I'm sure I'll be rusty as hell at the combat until I've sunk a substantial amount of time into this game

Hard has the counter icons. New Game + won't have them.

S1kkZ

DoctorWho said:
Also, in regards to the Catwoman stuff.

Story spoiler:

There is a distinct point where you have to make a decision to either take the loot in the heist your involved in or go save Batman. I decided to save Bats. Wonder what would have happened if I had made the other choice.

something awesome :)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
After you beat the game can you still run around, or do you have to NG+ to do the side missions?

S1kkZ

GDJustin said:
After you beat the game can you still run around, or do you have to NG+ to do the side missions?
you can still run around and do all the riddler/sidemission stuff.

Post game you can continue exploring and doing all the side missions. Good. Also, you can
switch to Catwoman by finding some cats on a rooftop. She has her own little side mission to finish from what I can tell.

BruiserBear said:

So where are people getting this game early?

But they did give a number based on completing everything in the game and it was 40 hrs with 25 of those 40 being the story. Now I'm hearing it's barely longer than AA.

When a developer tells me the story is going to be twice as long this time around I tend to be a bit surprised when it's literally the same length as the first game instead.

Bazhard

Banned
Attackthebase said:
I'll need to bail from this thread for a month when Tuesday comes along. Fuck me for waiting on the definitive version.
You act as if the console version is so inferior and not worth playing /shrug

plays exactly the same on pc, only difference is prettier graphics.

Bazhard said:
Well, if he can run it with Physx i could understand, amazing effects. Also it uses some advanced DX11 effects.

Is there any video detailing the PC features? With Assylum Nvidia made some promotional material pimping physx.

Bazhard said:

Better framerates, better resolution, and arguably the most important thing of all, better controls. I know most people are going to disagree with me on that, but I preferred playing AA on a mouse and keyboard to a controller.

HawksWinStanley said:
But they did give a number based on completing everything in the game and it was 40 hrs with 25 of those 40 being the story. Now I'm hearing it's barely longer than AA.

When a developer tells me the story is going to be twice as long this time around I tend to be a bit surprised when it's literally the same length as the first game instead.
Just go on the assumption that almost all games from the same franchise are going to be the same length. They almost always are.

Personally, I'm glad it's about the same length. I'm of the opinion that most games that exceed 12 hours are only that long because of boring filler.

krameriffic said:
Better framerates, better resolution, and arguably the most important thing of all, better controls. I know most people are going to disagree with me on that, but I preferred playing AA on a mouse and keyboard to a controller.

I personally find a m/kb to be the best for spread sheets and word processing, and not games, but that's just me.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Bazhard said:

On the PC the load times were practically non-existent. In any event, I don't even care. I'll play the GOTY edition on PC. Can't wait for Tuesday.

Talia
looks outstanding, this has to be one, if not the most mesmerizing female character model to grace an Unreal engine game. They did a fantastic job with her hair, it sways really naturally. The other game with good animated hair that i saw recently was American Mcgee Alice and this hold up pretty well.

Bazhard

Banned
krameriffic said:
its still the SAME game, just prettier.

if you want the extra pretty graphics and keyboard/mouse support cool, but im tired of pc elitist acting like everything that isn't on PC is complete and utter failure and inferior.

fact remains it looks and plays great on consoles, isn't going to magically get better A.I or improved combat system, it's the exact same game, you might get that bonus physics stuff but other then that its all graphic/frame related.

its a great game on both

hlhbk

I am very disappointed to hear the majority of people say 10-12 hours for hte main story after Rocksteady promised a 25 hour campaign and over 40 hours if you complete everything.

Top Bottom