• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

hlhbk

TheAtomicPile said:
Fixed.

No, this PC master race stuff isn't getting old at all.

Batman Arkham Asylum was BY FAR the best on PC as long as you had the rig to run it properly!

If you were able to run the physx parts on high and have everything else cranked up all the way AA blew away the consoles graphically. It wasn't even close, and I beat the game on consoles first. The controls and audio were the same as long as you had a 360 controller.

In closing it wasn't even close. If you could max out the PC version it was the way to go. It was also delayed, so I believe and trust Rocksteady that the PC version of AC will be great. Heck PC gamer said graphically AC on PC blows away the consoles when they saw both, and that was before the extra developement time.

Jintor

DoctorWho said:
Also, in regards to the Catwoman stuff.

Story spoiler:

There is a distinct point where you have to make a decision to either take the loot in the heist your involved in or go save Batman. I decided to save Bats. Wonder what would have happened if I had made the other choice.

Yeah, was wondering the same.

Solo

HawksWinStanley said:
Ah, so all the 25 hr talk from Rocksteady was just bullshit?

Isn't it always? You can't take a dev's word on a game's length. They are trying to sell a product to you.

hlhbk

Solo said:
Isn't it always? You can't take a dev's word on a game's length. They are trying to sell a product to you.

When Bethesda tells me Skyrim has over 100 hours of gameplay I believe them.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
hlhbk said:
When Bethesda tells me Skyrim has over 100 hours of gameplay I believe them.

...why not just throw in a quote about how Joss Whedon should write the next James Bond while we're trying to agitate Solo?

This is the year of open world game design, btw. Batman, Skyrim, Dark Souls. Beautiful.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The first one took me about 12ish hours to beat the story mode + all the Riddler trophies. Seems like this one will take about that long to get through story without doing the side stuff, because there is a lot of side stuff to do. I've played about 8 hours or so and am 30% done with story and 20 something % done with side stuff. Like I said earlier, 20-25 hours to finish the non-challenge room stuff sounds about right.

The game is harder this time around, in a good way. The predator stuff is much harder much faster, and there are a lot of little things that tweak the combat in a very good way. The addition of the Riddler informants make encounters a bit tougher because you can't knock them out. I also love the knife fighting. You have to hold the counter button and move the left stick away from where they are swinging. That is just to dodge, to get a hold of them you have to press and hold the counter button in sync with the swings. Now, just add one informant and 2 knife fighters into a standard encounter, and it makes it much livelier.

RPGCrazied

Thats going to seem so weird though. Playing the game say with the Beyond skin, get to a story scene and it reverts to the normal model.

Derrick01 said:
lol @ the PC version being inferior just because it's GFWL. What does that make the 360 version then?

The version that is less likely to have problems with logins and corrupted (or missing) save files.

Is the Walmart deal done? I read about the free copy of AA if you preorder there but clicking the links in the OP, it says nothing about anything other than a $10 card. Anyone know if you preorder there, if you can pick up in store?

hlhbk

TheAtomicPile said:
The version that is less likely to have problems with logins and corrupted (or missing) save files.

I notice you didn't want to tackle my post about the pc version. Figures.....

I could be crazy but when I finished it I got a message stating (in relation to alternate Bat-Costumes)
That alternate costumes were now enabled. Maybe you can't use them the first time through the game. Just in the challenge maps.

Smeghead

Is there anything else you miss out on if you don't buy it new apart from the cat woman stuff?

Like any of the challenge rooms cos i'm gonna get it from Lovefilm.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Quick question about the Kmart deal. Is there anything special you need to do to get the gift card? It's not listed in this week's ad.

Oozer3993

Bumblebeetuna said:
Is the Walmart deal done? I read about the free copy of AA if you preorder there but clicking the links in the OP, it says nothing about anything other than a $10 card. Anyone know if you preorder there, if you can pick up in store?

It's done online, but copies in store will come with Arkham Asylum GOTY for free. As far as I know, you can't preorder online and pickup in store.

Derrick01

Banned
TheAtomicPile said:

I've had more corrupted saves on 360 (3) than I've had on any PC game, gfwl or not (0). Not that I'll sit here and defend gfwl, it's a giant piece of trash. But I consider getting far better graphics and framerate improvements enough to deal with it.

hlhbk

I bought all of the Arkham City comics, and the digital exclusive comics for $16 (which is what the hard cover would have cost me and it didn't include all of the digital exclusive comics, just 5 of them). I am reading them now. They are great. I bought them at the link below, obviously you just read them on the computer.

http://www.comixology.com/

MPW

hlhbk said:
I am very disappointed to hear the majority of people say 10-12 hours for hte main story after Rocksteady promised a 25 hour campaign and over 40 hours if you complete everything.

don't buy the game, problem solved!

or just wait till goty version with all the dlc goodies for free + cheaper

DoctorWho said:
I could be crazy but when I finished it I got a message stating (in relation to alternate Bat-Costumes)
That alternate costumes were now enabled. Maybe you can't use them the first time through the game. Just in the challenge maps.

It probably meant
the catwoman costumes. If that's so, can you check them? :D

hlhbk

MPW said:
don't buy the game, problem solved!

or just wait till goty version with all the dlc goodies for free + cheaper

I am the biggest Batman fan you will find. Not supporting this game and buying it on the cheap is not an option.

nel e nel

hlhbk said:
I notice you didn't want to tackle my post about the pc version. Figures.....

hlhbk said:
The controls and audio were the same as long as you had a 360 controller.

So the core experience was identical, the PC version just had nicer curtains. Not all of us are distracted by superficial trappings.

AwRy108

RoboPlato said:
Quick question about the Kmart deal. Is there anything special you need to do to get the gift card? It's not listed in this week's ad.

The only thing required is a "Shop Your War Rewards Card", which is free to sign up for. Just present the rewards card for a quick scan, and the coupons should print out along with your receipt. It's easy as pie--I do it all the time.

Also, FYI on KMart's "Gaming Coupons": they're not valid until the following week after you get them, and they expire after a month or so. Still worth it, tho.

Doomrider

Simo said:
I am in love with the triple stun move. And the track that plays during the first video.

RagnarokX said:
Heh, she still has bats flying around for scoring points. Should have made them cats for her.
Yeah, I also noticed that when the E3 demo videos came out. I don't like it either, but it's inconsequential, realy =P

hlhbk

nel e nel said:
So the core experience was identical, the PC version just had nicer curtains. Not all of us are distracted by superficial trappings.

Translated= you don't have an arguements with facts to back it up.

nel e nel said:

You might find something like an improved frame rate superficial, but for some people it can make a significant difference to how a game plays. If you don't care about such things that's fine, but you should also accept that not everyone sees things the same way.

jediyoshi

nel e nel said:
So basically no one who wrote a review for this game.

Top Bottom