• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

BFIB

Can't wait to hear everyones impressions who pick it up later tonight.

Usually our Fed-Ex/UPS deliveries arrive around 11:30 am, so I hope to get early tomorrow.

Already did a lot of extra work today, so tomorrow afternoon, I'll be able to dig right in.

I wasnt excited for this game AT ALL until like 2 days ago and saw the open world goodness.

Pre-Ordered at gamestop and getting it at Midnight now.

Spiderman is better. And spiderman 2 > *

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Told my friend about this and he freaked out because he loves batman beyond. Came by my place with an extra can for me. Just redeemed the code on psn.

ziK1Bs.jpg

Purexed

Banned
Been lost in the PS3 version for the last few hours. Had to tear myself away from the game to put a dent in my final term paper due tomorrow night. The hype seem justified from my play. When you get to the Catwoman action, you'll be just surprised how different she feels vs. Batman. There's just so much content though. In between following the main path, there are so many side missions that I can easily see folks getting dozens of hours of gameplay.

Since there are questions, the PS3 version runs very smooth, even in 3D. Some minor clipping notwithstanding, I'm very happy with the visuals and special effects. Haven't see the 360 version obviously, but I'm not sitting here pissed about a crummy version. On the topic of 3D, it is very subdued and understated with the exception of a few cut scenes where it is dialed up to show off the field of depth.

Robin is supposed to be a playable character too right? Is he coming via DLC?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Purexed said:
Been lost in the PS3 version for the last few hours. Had to tear myself away from the game to put a dent in my final term paper due tomorrow night. The hype seem justified from my play. When you get to the Catwoman action, you'll be just surprised how different she feels vs. Batman. There's just so much content though. In between following the main path, there are so many side missions that I can easily see folks getting dozens of hours of gameplay.

Since there are questions, the PS3 version runs very smooth, even in 3D. Some minor clipping notwithstanding, I'm very happy with the visuals and special effects. Haven't see the 360 version obviously, but I'm not sitting here pissed about a crummy version. On the topic of 3D, it is very subdued and understated with the exception of a few cut scenes where it is dialed up to show off the field of depth.

Robin is supposed to be a playable character too right? Is he coming via DLC?

If you pre-order with best buy in america then you get him right away if not then you would wait for the middle of November for him. Another character will be available november 1st, but i do not want to ruin anyone surprise.

Purexed

Banned
neojubei said:
If you pre-order with best buy in america then you get him right away if not then you would wait for the middle of November for him. Another character will be available november 1st, but i do not want to ruin anyone surprise.

Thanks, November it is then... :(

What I wouldn't give to get a playable Nightwing! He'd fit perfectly in this universe.

Bazhard

Banned
Out of all the energy drinks they couldn't of picked one that is good? how does it work? are they specially labeled or something?

Nori Chan

Bazhard said:
Out of all the energy drinks they couldn't of picked one that is good? how does it work? are they specially labeled or something?
I would like to know this before I go buy a thing I never have bought before (energy drink)

Doomrider said:
.... Well? Tell us how much you loved it =D

Like it a lot, and no many games in a long time got me so hook up like this one <3

by the way pics of the box and their includes.
Yeah, thats the manual....
30ljwhf.jpg

2ag6bs4.jpg

2crrjpw.jpg

B-Dex

Manual doesn't even tell you what buttons do what. It literally says put the disc in to play. Hold the button to quit. 2 pages of legal garbage.

B-Dex said:
Manual doesn't even tell you what buttons do what. It literally says put the disc in to play. Hold the button to quit. 2 pages of legal garbage.

Similiar to the Gears of War 3 manual. Literally 2 pages of jibberish and that's it.

kodecraft

B-Dex said:

cacophony said:
I like how there's a table of contents for 2 pages

black_vegeta said:
Similiar to the Gears of War 3 manual. Literally 2 pages of jibberish and that's it.

This is becoming the new standard. Saves money.

ACESmkII

Whoa!!! At the reviews this is getting.

I've avoid just about every trailer and info on this game. I'm just diving in head first on the notion that I really enjoyed the first game.

Got a call saying I can pick up my pre-order at midnight. So glad I have the day off tomorrow.

Fuck yeah.gif

lucius

Plissken said:
Amazon still hasn't sent me an email stating it's shipped, and it still says "shipping soon" on my account. :(

Mine also still says shipping soon and I have release day delivery if I don't get it Tuesday that would stink since I could have just went to Wallmart and got it tonight with free AA.

JJD

leng jai said:
Steelbook has arrived

PoXBo.jpg

MRPSV.jpg

Where did you buy it? I've pre ordered the Shopto version with Two-face on the back (I wanted the Joker or Catwoman! sadface) but it seems that they won't be carrying the blue ray movie, nor a challenge room code...

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
victormartin said:
I haven't played the first one, do you guys recommend playing it before getting this one?
Yes, of course, it will take you 15 hours or so and the gameplay mechanics are quite similar. It's an amazing game. You will appreciate Arkham City a lot more.

Top Bottom