• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Messi

Neiteio said:
I've been avoiding spoilers for the most part, but someone tell me, before I pick up my preorder from Best Buy tomorrow: Is Scarecrow in the game?

whoever answers this please spoilertag that shit :p

GrayFoxPL

Amir0x said:
I think another way to get a good Superman game is to shy away from the typical 'beat em up' style of past games and more into a 'save people' mechanic. So missions should be heavily structured around trying to save peoples lives rather than necessarily always stopping strong foes. A train goes off a track, you have to fly their at speed to catch it before it hits the ground, etc.

I dunno, but if anyone could do it I'd say I would trust no one more than Rocksteady if Arkham City turns out to be as good as everyone says. They're really a rocketing star at this point who show true respect for the licenses they get.

Hey I played that on my atari 2600!

If this was the nineties I would give Superman license to Sega or other japanese arcade dev and told them to make a craziest, fastest, most eye poping, head spinning shit possible. Not just the world, the whole universe is coming down at Superman at once! Supes gotta parry comets at1/60 frame, shoot lasers, freeze, fly faster then afterburner, crush fools in his hand and punch planets.

Something that makes you completely exhausted and in need of painkillers after the first level!

Carry on with Bathman.

Mr. Paer said:
So are you guys planning on doing all of the side missions before beating the main story, or at least doing all of the side missions before diving into NG+? Is anyone planning on leaving it alone after beating it the first time and doing NG+ later on? Is anyone NOT going to do NG+? Am I asking too many questions? Why isn't it midnight yet?
going to finish main story then do all of sidequests afterwards.
not sure if I'll do NG+ or not yet.

Neiteio

Amir0x said:
I read that Scarecrow
isn't in this game, but that there are scenes of equally surprising nature featuring some other villain. So if you liked the surprising hallucination segments, there should be something similarly awesome in here.
I see...

I love me some Scarecrow, but I have faith in Rocksteady.

Messi

Amir0x said:
I was just speculating based on an interview, I didn't play the game so maybe I'm wrong

no worries, its not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of stuff going around. lol my fault for f5ing like a fiend.

Amir0x

Banned
Neiteio said:
I see...

I love me some Scarecrow, but I have faith in Rocksteady.

Yeah I loved those segments, particularly in that some revealed great character moments for Batman himself.

Still if Rocksteady says they have something in store, I believe they have something in store. Good to be surprised :D

MCXC Pioneer said:
Any way you can get me a code?

Sure, as long as all the NOS cans have codes then the ones at work should have them too. Typically promotional type cans (Pepsi, Coke) take a little while to arrive at work so if it's a special promotion NOS can we might not have them yet.

I'll pick up a few and give them out to GAFers if you guys would like

DrBo42

Amir0x said:
Yeah I loved those segments, particularly in that some revealed great character moments for Batman himself.

Still if Rocksteady says they have something in store, I believe they have something in store. Good to be surprised :D

Sure, as long as all the NOS cans have codes then the ones at work should have them too. Typically promotional type cans (Pepsi, Coke) take a little while to arrive at work so if it's a special promotion NOS can we might not have them yet.

That would be very nice of you.

Amir0x

Banned
DrBo42 said:
That would be very nice of you.

Sure then. I can pick up one free can of my choice per day, so it might take a few days. I'll do it for five work days so five GAFers can get codes.

Day 1. MCXC Pioneer
Day 2. DrBo42

Just add your names and I'll get you one

Amir0x said:
jesus people can't pay a dollar fifty or two bucks for a can? Some people are so poor :p

Not that, er, there's anything wrong with being poor... but surely you can scrounge up two bucks somehow! Gamefaqs smh

I don´t live in USA :(

1. MCXC Pioneer
2. DrBo42
3. lolez2matt

benzy

Amir0x said:

That'd be awesome. I'd like a code too without having to buy that shitty drink. :p The Beyond costume is the only one I wanted anyway.

Amir0x

Banned
benzy said:
That'd be awesome. I'd like a code too without having to buy that shitty drink. :p The Beyond costume is the only one I wanted anyway.

No problem. I'm getting my can on Tuesday, so starting Wednesday will be the days codes start getting handed out.

Day 1. MCXC Pioneer
Day 2. DrBo42
Day 3. benzy

Neiteio

Amir0x said:

Agreed. The Scarecrow segments were what elevated AA to something truly special for me. All three of them had that magical feeling a good setpiece has, like the lighthouse in BioShock. You just remember them.

Amir0x said:
Sure then. I can pick up one free can of my choice per day, so it might take a few days. I'll do it for five work days so five GAFers can get codes.

Day 1. MCXC Pioneer
Day 2. DrBo42

Just add your names and I'll get you one
Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

RPGCrazied

Amir0x said:

Make sure you get the one with the yellow ring around the bottle/can. You can buy one without that and not get a code. It has to say reward series.

Amir0x

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
Make sure you get the one with the yellow ring around the bottle/can. You can buy one without that and not get a code. It has to say reward series.

Ah, so it has to be a promotional can.

Just so I don't get anyone's hopes up typically my job gets these types of promotional cans late, so we MIGHT not have them yet. I'll let you know for sure tomorrow.

Day 1. MCXC Pioneer
Day 2. DrBo42
Day 3. benzy
Day 4. SixStringPsycho
Day 5. Solo

Amir0x said:
No problem. I'm getting my can on Tuesday, so starting Wednesday will be the days codes start getting handed out.

Day 1. MCXC Pioneer
Day 2. DrBo42
Day 3. benzy

Hey Ami, can you add me please???

thanks in advance!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Revolutionary said:
Is there an even harder NG+ for people who start on Hard? Or is it just the counter icons that are removed?

The NG+ option states that there are separate Normal and Hard NG+es.

Jirotrom

Amir0x said:

Just so I don't get anyone's hopes up typically my job gets these types of promotional cans late, so we MIGHT not have them yet. I'll let you know for sure tomorrow.

Day 1. MCXC Pioneer
Day 2. DrBo42
Day 3. benzy
Day 4. SixStringPsycho
Day 5. Solo
Please add me! :D

Amir0x said:

Day 1. MCXC Pioneer
Day 2. DrBo42
Day 3. benzy
Day 4. SixStringPsycho
Day 5. Solo

Please add me to the list as well Amirox. Thank you.

In other AC news, my order still says "Shipping Soon" for Release Day shipping on Amazon and it is 8pm EST. Would love to get it tomorrow, but I have a feeling it might be Wednesday.

SharpS

Amir0x said:

Day 1. MCXC Pioneer
Day 2. DrBo42
Day 3. benzy
Day 4. SixStringPsycho
Day 5. Solo
Could I get one as well? Huge thanks in advance Amir0x!

Checking out this Nos thing and ran across this

batmanarkhamcity.com said:
One can (nos rewards series) typed on the can in orange with yellow stripes.
one can - one code - one point - one batman skin
Batman Beyond Skin
1 Point
99840 Remaining
Unlock the Batman Beyond Batman Skin and become the Dark Knight of Gotham's future. This skin can be worn in the story campaign upon completion of main story and in the challenge maps. Exclusive to NOS® Rewards Series.
Redeem your codes on Playstation® Network and Xbox Live®.

Does that mean the Byond skin isn't available to use in the campaign until I already beat it? That's what it sounds like.

An-Det

Amir0x said:

I'd certainly appreciate one.

Fjordson

Getting in some more time via friend's copy. Arkham City is beautiful to just glide around. I really love the environment. And I love how you can listen in on people lol. I find myself perched on a building and waiting often so I can hear certain bad guys finish their conversations.

hamchan

Bleh, all the DLC codes still don't work on the Australian store. Their way of punishing me for getting it before release I guess.

iavi

Ami, if it's still possible, I'd appreciate a code a whole lot.

e: all it takes is the purchase of a can? Nvrmind, don't worry about it, I'll just grab one.

Woke up with the worst tooth ache today and had to get a root canal. The entire 3 hours of the procedure I was thinking how I can't afford arkham city tomorrow because of it :( brush your teeth guys and you won't end up missing out on the GOTY on release

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I think I can pick this up tonight at midnight... but I have an 8am class. :(

armv said:
Batman Beyond skin is up on the NOS site.

Gd04b.png

Someone really ought to make a Batman Beyond game someday; so much potential to be had.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
I am so pumped for tomorrow. Hopefully my copy is at my house by the time I get home at 3 or so. I also wasted $2 on a NOS so I can get the skin. I can't actually see myself drinking it, but oh well.

Top Bottom