• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Luthos

victormartin said:
I haven't played the first one, do you guys recommend playing it before getting this one?
Yes. I realize people get caught in the hype of sequels. But if you even liked the sequel, you'd like AA. And it always seems best to play the previous first, so you can fully appreciate the "new" stuff when you play AC.

leng jai

JJD said:
Where did you buy it? I've pre ordered the Shopto version with Two-face on the back (I wanted the Joker or Catwoman! sadface) but it seems that they won't be carrying the blue ray movie, nor a challenge room code...

This edition is exclusive to EB Australia. The BD was a preorder bonus.

rj118

Staying up late studying for a test tomorrow is not going well knowing that this is being delivered tomorrow morning. I just want to go to sleep and wake up with it in my mailbox mmmmmmmmm

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The press kit I got had a lot of cool stuff, I'll take a detailed pic later.

2011-10-1809.44.19xv0z.jpg

GloveSlap

How do people know about the K-Mart deal? It's not in the K-Mart paper ad or on the website.

So you need the shop your way rewards card right? I procrastinated on signing up on the shop your way website and now the site is down for maintenance, possibly for days it seems.
Anyone know if you can sign up for the card at the store?

GloveSlap said:
How do people know about the K-Mart deal? It's not in the K-Mart paper ad or on the website.

So you need the shop your way rewards card right? I procrastinated on signing up on the shop your way website and now the site is down for maintenance, possibly for days it seems.
Anyone know if you can sign up for the card at the store?

Cheap Ass Gamer is your friend. Check the KMART thread.

kinda regret letting my mom buy this for me as an xmas gift (got the walmart deal with the free copy of AA). Atleast I will have 2 good games to start 2012 off with

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I have to suffer through a long school day until I come home and see my collector's edition waiting. hypehypehype.

kaskade

GodfatherX said:
kinda regret letting my mom buy this for me as an xmas gift (got the walmart deal with the free copy of AA). Atleast I will have 2 good games to start 2012 off with
Ouch, I would've opted for something closer to christmas.

InertiaXr

Meisadragon said:

Did it come with that tablet? I don't understand why that's in the picture unless it's Batman themed, like a GoW PSP?

Quick

Banned
Came back from the midnight launch empty handed. My credit card was having issues, and I don't get paid until Friday, so cash wasn't an option. I'll have to sort out my cc and come back later today. :(

At least I won a cool poster.

Drewsky

Quick said:
Came back from the midnight launch empty handed. My credit card was having issues, and I don't get paid until Friday, so cash wasn't an option. I'll have to sort out my cc and come back later today. :(

At least I won a cool poster.
Dude that's the worst. That exact thing happened to me at another midnight release, can't remember which one. It's a blue balled feeling.

Quick

Banned
Drewsky said:
Dude that's the worst. That exact thing happened to me at another midnight release, can't remember which one. It's a blue balled feeling.

I'm so disappoint right now since I have a day off today, and I was hoping to get started now. Oh well, I'll get my card sorted out in the morning, and hopefully get the game before lunch and head home.

Ilive1up

the people were having a pizza party at my local gamestop.

weird.

anyway, i hate energy drinks but i'll be buying one just to get the batman beyond skin.

Spruchy

Awesome just got back from my midnight launch and my Cat Woman code isn't working (yes im 100% sure I've put it in correctly). Was really excited to play this tonight, now I'll probably have to wait until to tomorrow ;[ I know it's a long shot but does any one have an extra one, you'd be my hero ;]

Blizzard

Banned
Spruchy said:
Awesome just got back from my midnight launch and my Cat Woman code isn't working (yes im 100% sure I've put it in correctly). Was really excited to play this tonight, now I'll probably have to wait until to tomorrow ;[ I know it's a long shot but does any one have an extra one, you'd be my hero ;]
I'm assuming the code is inside the case where someone can't pirate the game early and use an online pass code ahead of time? Where would someone get a spare online pass code? :/ Hopefully something works out.

Cth

Just got back from the release party..

I won a Batman AC t-shirt and they gave me a hardcover strategy guide instead of the regular edition.

Fun times!

Anyone have a spare NOS code by chance? Thanks in advance!

Wow, I had no idea I would get Arkham Asylum with with Arkham City.

I got it from Walmart. Now I'm contemplating if I should play it again. It's been 2 years but damn, it was a good game.

Quick

Banned
Ilive1up said:
the people were having a pizza party at my local gamestop.

weird.

anyway, i hate energy drinks but i'll be buying one just to get the batman beyond skin.

Since it was wet and cold outside, we stayed inside the store and watched Gotham Knight. By around the ten minute mark, they were giving out posters. It's a two-sided poster, one side being Batman and Harley Quinn on the promo images, and the other side being the Batman: Arkham City logo.

Speaking of giving out, I also got a code to redeem three free songs from the Arkham City soundtrack: "Shadow on the Run" by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, "Deranged" by Coheed and Cambria, and "Oh, Stranger" by The Raveonettes. Quote to reveal, make a post when redeemed.

Quick said:
Since it was wet and cold outside, we stayed inside the store and watched Gotham Knight. By around the ten minute mark, they were giving out posters. It's a two-sided poster, one side being Batman and Harley Quinn on the promo images, and the other side being the Batman: Arkham City logo.

Speaking of giving out, I also got a code to redeem three free songs from the Arkham City soundtrack: "Shadow on the Run" by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, "Deranged" by Coheed and Cambria, and "Oh, Stranger" by The Raveonettes. Quote to reveal, make a post when redeemed.

Thanks! :D

Bazhard

Banned
Square Triangle said:
The Batman CE I got has no cards and the movie dvd is scratched, wtf.
Surprised the game isn't.

putting disc in cardboard sleeves = stupidest idea ever, it's why im not getting the CE.

Cth

cackhyena said:
Thanks. I don't drink that shit, but I'll buy one for the skin I wanted most. Look so boss.

Same here.. anyways, next month(?) you can pay the same price-ish and get all the skins.

Digishine

Banned
Meisadragon said:

my avatar looks good on the ipad !

also did u received the retail copy with it or a disc u need to play on a debug console ?

Pau

Got my copy earlier today along with this:
1jw1dv.jpg

I got to talk to Kevin Conroy for a bit, and he's a complete sweetheart. As if my crush on him wasn't big enough already. So surreal hearing Bruce Wayne's voice repeat my name again and again 'cause he was having so much fun saying it.

I've only managed to play the opening scene of the game so far but
man if that isn't one of the coolest ways to open up a game. Staring at yourself in the mirror as Bruce Wayne tied up and ready to kick some ass was awesome.

Jintor

Pau said:
Got my copy earlier today along with this:
1jw1dv.jpg

I got to talk to Kevin Conroy for a bit, and he's a complete sweetheart. As if my crush on him wasn't big enough already. So surreal hearing Bruce Wayne's voice repeat my name again and again 'cause he was having so much fun saying it.

I hate you with the fury of a thousand suns :<

erage2772 said:
I can't get my catwoman code to download on psn. Shows the content but when it tries to download it says error 80710102

There are virtually always issues with these extra online hoops companies make you jump through to play. I would say wait until tomorrow sometime, they're usually fixed quickly.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So for the first game, I picked it up on PS3 for the Joker DLC. Are there any similar platform exclusives for the sequel? Should I just wait for my free Steam copy I got w/ my new video card?

Top Bottom