• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

AniHawk

so is this thing actually street dated for tomorrow, or is it shipping on the 18th and arriving anywhere else whenever stores get them?

wondering when i should head down to toys r us with my rolls of pennies.

XiaNaphryz said:
So for the first game, I picked it up on PS3 for the Joker DLC. Are there any similar platform exclusives for the sequel? Should I just wait for my free Steam copy I got w/ my new video card?

No platform exclusive content this time. Enjoy whatever version you'd like.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Digishine said:
also did u received the retail copy with it or a disc u need to play on a debug console ?

2011-10-1810.55.49n2ch.jpg

I'll buy the CE later to support Rocksteady, though.

Jtrizzy

Yes game is awesome and PS3 version runs great, and decent in 3D. If console versions look this good, PC is going to be amazing...can't wait to see it with Physx and all the DX11 bells and whistles. I think they aren't doing true stereo 3d on the PS3 version, but I could be wrong. It does maintain a good framerate under the circumstances, but the resolution does seem to drop some.

Fjordson

AniHawk said:
so is this thing actually street dated for tomorrow, or is it shipping on the 18th and arriving anywhere else whenever stores get them?

wondering when i should head down to toys r us with my rolls of pennies.
In the US? It'll be on sale tomorrow.

Pau said:
Got my copy earlier today along with this:
http://i54.tinypic.com/1jw1dv.jpg

I got to talk to Kevin Conroy for a bit, and he's a complete sweetheart. As if my crush on him wasn't big enough already. So surreal hearing Bruce Wayne's voice repeat my name again and again 'cause he was having so much fun saying it.[/spoiler]
Wow, that's some awesome swag man! Very cool you got to meet Kevin Conroy.

And yeah, opening of the game is fantastic. Didn't expect it.

So apparently all of the CE were suppose to include the collectible cards but didn't. I was told by GS to contact WB Games on it as it's an actual issue.

I'm playing the 360 version, good God the compressed cinematics take me out of the mood. Is it the same for the PC or PS3 version?

FStop7 said:
After the lame ass batarang in Arkham Asylum I knew I should skip the CE this time around.

Despite the missing cards and my scratched DVD, having the extra DLC and this statue, which is fucking gorgeous. I'm satisfied.

U2NUMB said:
Ive never had so many codes to enter after picking up a new game!

I had 5 total, I fucking hate entering Xbox Live's long ass codes. PSN's are so easy.

Ah man, I'm loving Catwoman. I only wish it were possible to have her wear the Catwoman* Animated costume in Story mode. I don't see any option for it, at least (only challenge modes).

Revolutionary said:
Ah man, I'm loving Catwoman. I only wish it were possible to have her wear the Animated costume in Story mode. I don't see any option for it, at least (only challenge modes).

Can you wear the Batman Beyond costume in story mode?

I heard it unlocks in story mode after beating the game once. Hope that's not true.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Revolutionary said:
Ah man, I'm loving Catwoman. I only wish it were possible to have her wear the Animated costume in Story mode. I don't see any option for it, at least (only challenge modes).

ah damn, what? that's weird. It seems like the Batman TAS skin is useable in campaign. Why not Catwoman? makes no sense.

batmanarkhamcity2.jpg

DownWithTheShip said:
Can you wear the Batman Beyond costume in story mode?

I heard it unlocks in story mode after beating the game once. Hope that's not true.
I don't know, I don't have the Batman Beyond costume because no one's ever heard of NOS energy drink where I live. :(

Erm, disregard the edit. It's getting late and I'm misreading posts. lol

Any alternate costume is wearable AFTER you beat the game once.

Btw, make sure you all download the Catwoman DLC before starting a fresh game. Selina Kyle is gorgeous <3

Revolutionary said:

Only after beating the story mode once according to the code. Sucks =/

Sn4ke_911

Square Triangle said:

Btw, make sure you all download the Catwoman DLC before starting a fresh game. Selina Kyle is gorgeous <3

Thanks for the clarification.

Pau

Fjordson said:
Wow, that's some awesome swag man! Very cool you got to meet Kevin Conroy.

And yeah, opening of the game is fantastic. Didn't expect it.
For sure! It was great meeting Sefton Hill and Jim Lee as well, but nothing will ever beat Kevin Conroy whispering "This is for you Pau" in his Batman voice. I mean, who can compete with that?

Just downloaded Catwoman, but unfortunately I have an early class tomorrow and midterms to prepare for next week. Might have to put this away for a while if I want to be at all productive.

Jintor

November... 15th, I want to say, but no set date I think.

So do you guys think locking costume changes until NG+ or completion of main story is a good thing? I like it.

xXJonoXx

anyone who got the Collector's Edition guide with Batman cover, can you post the UPC on the back? I want to know if I can exchange it at my local WM/TRU as Best Buy only had the Catwoman one.

hamchan

Square Triangle said:

Did I miss some scenes if I didn't have it installed?

Sn4ke_911

The perfect Dark said:
Catwoman code still isn't working here in germany

Maybe it's because it's not officially released yet in PAL land. This shit better works on 21th october.

2th

Banned
Pau said:
Got my copy earlier today along with this:
1jw1dv.jpg

I got to talk to Kevin Conroy for a bit, and he's a complete sweetheart. As if my crush on him wasn't big enough already. So surreal hearing Bruce Wayne's voice repeat my name again and again 'cause he was having so much fun saying it.

I WANT THIS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!

JohngPR

Square Triangle said:
I'm playing the 360 version, good God the compressed cinematics take me out of the mood. Is it the same for the PC or PS3 version?

They seemed pretty seamless on PS3...I was actually pressing on the control sticks to try to see if they were real time or not.

Grisby

Dammit, just played the first hour so. Game feels great and its gorgeous in some areas.

I am the Batman.

Can't waot to play more tommorw. Sorry Dark SOuls, the bat signal has gone up!

JohngPR

So I played for an hour and a half...here are some quick thoughts.

+ Dat intro! Very very cool.

+ Combat is the same but totally evolved. Added some new things that add a little bit of skill to it.

+ The game does a good job of making areas feel huge and expansive. Not sure how much truth there actually is to that though, but the fact that it feels like its a huge area is enough for me.

+ The graphics are improved over the first one...especially in the lighting department. Really great job all around.

+ Dig the gliding. It's not exactly flying, but you can tell there's some skill involved that will take practice to master. Reminds me a lot of Super Mario World's yellow cape actually, LOL.

- I have to work tomorrow so I won't be playing it again anytime soon. :(

- I did come across some audio stuttering issues. It's only happened twice, so I'm not sure if this is an ongoing issue. The times it did happen, it only lasted 2-3 seconds so it wasn't a biggie.

So yea, really liking where this is headed so far. I could write more but its super late. If anyone has any questions...I can try to answer them before I go to bed. :)

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
DevelopmentArrested said:
Final fight is an absolute cakewalk.
Onto the side missions!
Mission spoiler.

when we go to rescue Mr. Freeze, there is smoke blocking my path in the Museum. What to do?

Top Bottom