• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

hamchan

Watching credits now! So that was pretty awesome. Let's see if there's more awesome after the credits.

Alright credits is pretty awesome too.

xXJonoXx

I just picked up my PS3 CE from Best Buy. This was included in the package:

img0400rn.jpg

What do I do?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
hamchan said:
Watching credits now! So that was pretty awesome. Let's see if there's more awesome after the credits.

Guys please.

I don't wanna hear if there is something after the credits or how cakewalk the final boss is.

Please keep this safe and get this shit outta here.

Someone should make a spoiler thread!

hamchan

Sn4ke_911 said:
Guys please.

I don't wanna hear if there is something after the credits or how cakewalk the final boss is.

Please keep this safe and get this shit outta here.

Someone should make a spoiler thread!

Sure, I won't say anything.

Tdog987

Thinking about picking it up for the PS3 tomorrow...

Haven't played AA though.

If I am getting it tomorrow, I'll get it at WM...which has the AA GOTY edition that comes with it (I think)

Not sure if Ide like though.

It looks alright, though I'm not blown away.

Recommendations...

Games I have for the PS3 so far...

MGS4
Uncahrted 1 and 2
Bayonetta
Heavy Rain
Grand Theft Auto IV and Liberty city stories
Red Dead Redemption
L.A. Noire

Jtrizzy

Sn4ke_911 said:
You'll cave.

I caved only because the PC version is only costing me $25 and I had some PS3 games that I never play to trade in. I'll play some till BF3 comes out, then trade this towards Uncharted 3.

I wish I had the will power to wait and experience it in it's full glory for the first time though, as I have a feeling the PC version is going to be a powerhouse. There are some nice weather effects going on in the console version, can't wait to see them with Physx and better draw distance, which is probably my biggest complaint for the console version.

Deadly Joker said:
Wow, I had no idea I would get Arkham Asylum with with Arkham City.

I got it from Walmart. Now I'm contemplating if I should play it again. It's been 2 years but damn, it was a good game.
did the game came inside the same case or is it a bundle?

Tdog987 said:
Thinking about picking it up for the PS3 tomorrow...

Haven't played AA though.

If I am getting it tomorrow, I'll get it at WM...which has the AA GOTY edition that comes with it (I think)

Not sure if Ide like though.

It looks alright, though I'm not blown away.

Recommendations...

Games I have for the PS3 so far...

MGS4
Uncahrted 1 and 2
Bayonetta
Heavy Rain
Grand Theft Auto IV and Liberty city stories
Red Dead Redemption
L.A. Noire

You'd like Batman, especially with the third person title you have there. Then again, I don't know anyone that didn't like Arkham Asylum.

SixStringPsycho said:
did the game came inside the same case or is it a bundle?
Bundled, so you get both original cases.

SixStringPsycho said:
Hmm anyone know if this is in-store as well?

Call one and ask? Aren't they all 24 hours now?

Lionel Mandrake said:
Just got to
taking down the hostage-takers in the church.

Thoughts.... Holy crap, I'm Batman! I'm Batman!

I love how he narrates it as a tutorial with the demeanor of "Yes, I'm god damn batman- this is what you do here"

SixStringPsycho said:
yeah but mine wont have the game till 9:00 AM on their shelves. So I have to wait. Also I live in PR and doubt the one in here is 24 hours.

Ah I'm sure it is. Usually Walmart games with exclusive in game content have their stickers printed on the cover art so I never buy games there. Well, aside from the fact that IS WalMart afterall.

Jintor

Square Triangle said:
Call one and ask? Aren't they all 24 hours now?

I love how he narrates it as a tutorial with the demeanor of "Yes, I'm god damn batman- this is what you do here"

the
wall takedown
is great.

DrBo42

Can someone that has completed the game link me to some good challenge room videos? I'm too scared to navigate YouTube alone.

Cheska

Worst turn out to a midnight launch that I've seen. Something like 10 people :( I suppose that's what happens when there's abut 5 Gamestop's in your town alone. Snagged a nice poster and shirt (which is too big for me, probably wear it to sleep in or something lol). I did however get all my codes, except the Gotham Night movie code isn't working :/ has anyone tried to download it yet?

bigace33

Can you trade Batskins? I dont really want the Animated Series skin. I'll trade someone for a different one if possible. (X360). Oh and the game is beyond magnificent. The opening scene was so damnj badass. I'm only like a half hour in and it is already a much better experience than Batman AA.

Worst midnight launch experience at the Hollywood (sunset blvd) store. Bunch of dicks there, I'm thinking of just returning the game and getting it elsewhere and I'm canceling all my preorders.

Darknessbear said:
Worst midnight launch experience at the Hollywood (sunset blvd) store. Bunch of dicks there, I'm thinking of just returning the game and getting it elsewhere and I'm canceling all my preorders.

what happened?

The Xtortionist said:
what happened?
It's the one time I didn't preorder. And got treated like crap because of it. And finally when I get to purchase it 40minutes late, the guys like, "The game is good. But your experience is not going to be that great, because you dont get any of the preorder dlc. And now you have to spend like $15 on it later. This better teach you to preorder" (even though they had a stack of the DLC codes). Like wtf? I understand they need preorders and shit - but maybe positive reinforcement would work better. Aint buyin shit there anymore.

Tried the Animated Skin and it looks awesome. I wish they made a game of batman along with the art of that series.
Also tried out the Beyond one. Its looks great. Still it looks kind of funny cause the Batman from Beyond is a Teen and not Bruce Wayne. The Gliding is like the series.

Darknessbear said:
It's the one time I didn't preorder. And got treated like crap because of it. And finally when I get to purchase it 40minutes late, the guys like, "The game is good. But your experience is not going to be that great, because you dont get any of the preorder dlc. And now you have to spend like $15 on it later. This better teach you to preorder" (even though they had a stack of the DLC codes). Like wtf? I understand they need preorders and shit - but maybe positive reinforcement would work better. Aint buyin shit there anymore.

I would never go there again, call Customer Service and leave a bad survey. Seriously, that is fucking horseshit.

Square Triangle said:
I would never go there again, call Customer Service and leave a bad survey. Seriously, that is fucking horseshit.
Yea, and it's ironic because the whole time they just kept shouting for people to take the survey and leave good scores. Oh, I took the survey alright...

BDCasbox

Neo Member
Went to the Gamestop on La Brea and had an amazing time. Met Paul Dini, got a free shirt and these cool "Wanted" posters for Black Mask and Hush, and several free things from Nos (so now I won't have to buy a can to get the Batman Beyond skin)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
SixStringPsycho said:
Tried the Animated Skin and it looks awesome. I wish they made a game of batman along with the art of that series.
Also tried out the Beyond one. Its looks great. Still it looks kind of funny cause the Batman from Beyond is a Teen and not Bruce Wayne. The Gliding is like the series.
Awesome. None spoiler-ish screens of the skins in game would be much appreciated.

Well fuck, this may just be the coolest goddam game I've ever played. Absolutely stellar opening, Catwoman missions are awesome so far, and Batman is of course a bigger badass than he has ever been before. The story is excellent too... the stakes are really high right from the outset and in the short time I've played things keep escalating

I also won a sweet Arkham City shirt at the Gamestop midnight launch :D

I want to go back and play but I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open, and playing on hard mode demands my full attention (at least in combat)

But seriously, everything seems so much better than Arkham Asylum so far which is an incredibly difficult feat

Also the achievements thus far are fucking awesome

Enough gushing, time to go dream of Bats

<3 you Bat-GAF, hope you all enjoy this is much as I am so far

Cheska

As if I needed more reasons to love Catwoman. Fuck, this game is awesome so far.

Need to find me a new Catwoman avatar lol

Luthos

Ok so I've never watched Batman Beyond, but based on the pics, how will he glide and/or cape stun dudes? It doesn't seem like he has a cape.

Luthos said:
Ok so I've never watched Batman Beyond, but based on the pics, how will he glide and/or cape stun dudes? It doesn't seem like he has a cape.
Same as it does on the series. It just Magically appears with unknown Wayne Technology, hes the BATMAN

Also WTH do I redeem the Gotham Night movie code from Gamestop? It didnt worked on PSN

Just a heads up, but check the prices of these skins on eBay before you redeem them.

Edit: the non sinestro ones seem to be going for 20+ or so as of right now. Give it a day for demand to go up and it might hit 30 for some.

Darknessbear said:
what store was this? Gamestop?

Sheppard said:
My CE Best buy Robin DLC code is not working. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Yep having the same problem. Maybe it isn't on live yet so the codes are still locked. Hopefully it will work tomorrow.

Top Bottom