• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

789shadow

Banned
Great thing about Amazon: release-day delivery
Bad thing about Amazon: you have to wait for UPS or Fedex to actually bring the damn thing.

789shadow said:
Bad thing about Amazon: you have to wait for UPS or Fedex to actually bring the damn thing.
I'm right there with ya. UPS takes all day to deliver. I didn't get Forza 4 until 6pm. I hated waiting all day.

augmental

Stupid Gamestop, my TAS and Joker preorder bonuses 'wouldn't print' according to them. WTF it is always something with them.

JohngPR

The perfect Dark said:
How long until the us-psn weekly update? EU is wednesdey about 6 pm (I think). Maybe catwoman dlc will unlock worldwide with this (us) update?!
I'm in the US and I downloaded the Catwoman DLC just fine last night.

gdt

Hmm, did anyone get it at K-mart? And sign up for the rewards card on the spot? My coupon didn't print, she said it's probably on the card, check the website, but the website is down :/. After I left, I got a confirm enrollment text, wondering if my account wasn't active when I bought the game.

Anyone get the same? I'm thinking I should go back and return it, then rebuy it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Man i would kill for a Joker TAS skin. He's definitely my favorite Joker design ever!

joker.jpg

Same for Harley Quinn.

20090818-b6cbaph4tfnt6npedsht7a1x7d.preview.jpg

Or any other character in the game ... I WANT A BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES GAME!

Chairhome

gdt5016 said:
Hmm, did anyone get it at K-mart? And sign up for the rewards card on the spot? My coupon didn't print, she said it's probably on the card, check the website, but the website is down :/. After I left, I got a confirm enrollment text, wondering if my account wasn't active when I bought the game.

Anyone get the same? I'm thinking I should go back and return it, then rebuy it.
Did you check the website again? the other thread about the kmart coupon said the site was down for maintenance but should be up again.

Any word on the PC release date yet? I thought they were supposed to announce it this week. Man, this is going to be a long wait :-/. But I will gladly wait!

And I didn't see it on the OP, but I haven't skimmed through the thread for fear of spoilers. 1970s skin is available at Toys R Us in the US, and if you drink NOS, you can get the Batman Beyond skin. http://www.drinknos.com/rewards.do?itemId=15766

gdt

Chairhome said:
Did you check the website again? the other thread about the kmart coupon said the site was down for maintenance but should be up again.

Any word on the PC release date yet? I thought they were supposed to announce it this week. Man, this is going to be a long wait :-/. But I will gladly wait!

And I didn't see it on the OP, but I haven't skimmed through the thread for fear of spoilers. 1970s skin is available at Toys R Us in the US, and if you drink NOS, you can get the Batman Beyond skin. http://www.drinknos.com/rewards.do?itemId=15766

Website is still down. Registered on CAG, but I can't post yet.

http://www.shopyourwayrewards.com/down/siteDownMaint1.htm

Now its up!

Mr. Sam

Sn4ke_911 said:
Man i would kill for a Joker TAS skin. He's definitely my favorite Joker design ever!

http://superherouniverse.com/superheroes/images/batman/btas/joker.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

And yet, with just a slight tweak, he can made to look somewhat ridiculous:

[IMG]http://www.alexross.com/joker.jpg

Sn4ke_911

Mr. Sam said:
And yet, with just a slight tweak, he can made to look somewhat ridiculous:

http://www.alexross.com/joker.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah i never understood why they changed him ...

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/thejokerhuy9.jpg

Solo

Picked up my copy! PS3 version from Futureshop w/The Dark Knight Returns skin.

Now to torture myself waiting 24 hours to actually play the damn thing.... :_(

-Stranger-

Just played it for a couple hours, it says i'm only 3% through the main story though!
It's great so far, everything i could of wanted in a sequel to AA.
It's really polished, and there's heaps of stuff to do and places to explore.
I've noticed the game abit more difficult this time around as well.

Arkaerial said:
I just wanted to quote this, as I'm in the same boat ;_;

Same here....I'm SOOO conflicted on getting this now on PS3 or 360 as well as PC. Is there a consensus on which version is better (I have a 3DTV if that matters)

Chindogg

Sn4ke_911 said:

thejokerhuy9.jpg

Batman TAS went from evenings on Fox to afternoons on the WB with Superman. They thought Joker was too scary among many other things so they toned down the darkness of the series. It was still really solid but pales in comparison to its time on Fox.

Jintor

ROTJ Joker was when they really let the bat out of the belfray. Guess that's what happens when you get movie-quality shit going down.

vixlar

An advice if you're planning to make mor than one run in this game... wait till you finish your first run to download the Catwoman DLC. Focus on Batman.

I do like the difficulty in this game!!! I am playing in Hard, and I had problems with the first mob, hahaha, I love it!!!! The only thing I did'nt like is that you still have the "spider sense" on Hard. But I heard you lose it in the New Game +

And there was a little error in a cinema... I won't spoil it because is one of the first videos and it was already uploaded to youtube, months ago: When Batman captures Two Face he has a gun in one hand, both hands free, but when he gets to the top, he has his hands tied!!!

vixlar

Sn4ke_911 said:

thejokerhuy9.jpg

Where is the third joker from? It is a great design, it reminds me Hannibal Lester.

The fourth Joker is a joke (pun intended). I didn't like the "Incredible Adventures of young Batman". But the Bruce Wayne design in that series was great.

vixlar said:
Where is the third joker from? It is a great design, it reminds me Hannibal Lester.

The fourth Joker is a joke (pun intended). I didn't like the "Incredible Adventures of young Batman". But the Bruce Wayne design in that series was great.

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker movie. Watch it.

Chindogg

vixlar said:

Third Joker is from Batman Beyond: Return of The Joker. Arguably one of the darkest films they've made.

Sn4ke_911

vixlar said:

BatmanBeyond_ReturnOfTheJoker_BLU.jpg

Just picked this up on the PS3. Looks like the game supports the same Triovis inficolor as the Arkham Asylum GOTY edition only this time you don't get any 3D glasses with the game.

That's pretty cheap. The 3D effect is actually pretty good. Shame only people with the GOTY edition will be able to experience the 3D.

789shadow said:
I'm going to return mine and just hit up Best Buy.

UPS is unreliable round these parts.

Marco1

Played and completed AA on xbox 360 for the first time this week in prepartion for AC.
What a wonderful game, loved it and the sequel seems perfect.

Sn4ke_911

I wonder, why the fuck did they not made the Batman Beyond skin cartoon-ish like the TAS one?

I mean look at this shit.

batman_Arkham_city_skins_thumb.jpg

Chindogg

Sn4ke_911 said:
I wonder, why the fuck did they not made the Batman Beyond skin cartoon-ish like the TAS one?

I mean look at this shit.

batman_Arkham_city_skins_thumb.jpg

Because that's the Bruce Wayne Batman Beyond from the first episode. Terry Mcguiness was much slimmer than Bruce toward the end.

Also, there's a BB comic now that's detailed like that.

Sn4ke_911

Chindogg said:
Because that's the Bruce Wayne Batman Beyond from the first episode. Terry Mcguiness was much slimmer than Bruce toward the end.

Yeah sure, but he was still cartoon-ish.

Brucebatmodelbb.jpg

Bazhard

Banned
789shadow said:
Yup, whats funny is the house across the street gets UPS delivery around 1-3pm but they never stop here to about 6pm.

I never understood that, if your dropping a package off across the street, parking your truck literally 15 feet away from my house why not just bring me my package? did i like piss in the UPS drivers cheerios and just not know about it?

Chairhome said:
PC release date and DLC details are supposed to come 'today or tomorrow'.

I guess that's our little present for the day. I'm psyched just for that.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry if I'm lttp but what ways are there to obtain the skins other than preorders? That Batman Beyond skin looks grrreat.

Top Bottom