• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

xXJonoXx said:
I just picked up my PS3 CE from Best Buy. This was included in the package:

img0400rn.jpg

What do I do?

seems like you can make up your code =P

dreamfall

JESUS. played for five hours, non-stop, game progress = 2%. Spent most of my time just gliding around, taking out bad guys and practicing combat techniques. lovelovelove!

Ok, I AM STUCK.

1st 2 hours of the game.

I'm breaking into the building where Mr. Freeze is hiding and I can't figure out how to get into the building after I defeated all of the enemies. There is an industrial motor on the bottom floor that powers a door and when I power it up, it moves up like 1 foot and I can't get in even if I squat down. I know this is the only way to get in.

What do I do?

ram4638

Neo Member
Deadly Joker said:
Ok, I AM STUCK.

1st 2 hours of the game.

I'm breaking into the building where Mr. Freeze is hiding and I can't figure out how to get into the building after I defeated all of the enemies. There is an industrial motor on the bottom floor that powers a door and when I power it up, it moves up like 1 foot and I can't get in even if I squat down. I know this is the only way to get in.

What do I do?

Run and slide under the door.
That took me a while to figure out too.

Okay....I decided I will definitely pick this up...but on PC, since I dont have access to my PS3 at the moment. Pity it was delayed. Either way, going through the Witcher 2 on Dark mode should keep me occupied

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I've played for about 4 hours now. I only just got to the
GCPD building
, but I did a decent amount of exploring. I am in fucking love with this game. It is exactly what I wanted from an Arkham Asylum sequel.

I jumped straight into Hard, though switching from PC to PS3 controls proved to be more difficult than planned. I've got it mostly under control now, so now I'm experimenting with the new mechanics. Arkham City definitely starts off harder. I can regularly get into fights with 10+ enemies. It feels like common baddies have more health than they did in Arkham Asylum. But with all the new techniques, it's rarely an issue. Battles just take longer. There are a ton of new animations to behold, so it doesn't quite feel like you are pressing the same buttons over and over.

The world does feel much larger than the map size would indicate. It's very dense with buildings having multiple levels. This of course leads to numerous Riddler challenges. And holy shit did they ramp up the difficulty of them. Most of them actually require both thinking and skill on your part. I still haven't found any informants to give me locations, but it could be possible that they aren't available yet.

The Catwoman segments are more fleshed out than I originally thought. You can traverse the whole city in the second segment. I definitely recommend everyone downloading her DLC before starting the game. As for other side missions, I've only got a taste of them, but I hunger for all of them. Just the mission involving
Zsasz
is more involving than almost anything in AA. And I've only done the first bits of that mission. I can already tell they will be one of the best parts of AC. I'll probably be trying to complete them while avoiding the campaign.

I wish I could play more right now, but I'm too tired to properly focus. I have a strong feeling this game will last me a while. Since I already purchased an Nvidia code for PC, I doubt I'll end up tackling most of the extra content on the PS3. I only got the PS3 version because I couldn't wait. I'll gladly replay the game on PC, and then a third time on New Game+.

EDIT: The TAS Batman suit is so amazing. I gave it a run on the first combat map, and I couldn't get a proper score due to laughing the whole time. I really hope all the DLC comes to PC, because I might actually buy the skins. And Robin and Nightwing of course.

Cheska

Ignoring the riddler trophies and thugs is proving to be more difficult than I anticipated. Does anyone know if you can go back and do all the side quests once you've completed the main story?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Cheska said:
Ignoring the riddler trophies and thugs is proving to be more difficult than I anticipated. Does anyone know if you can go back and do all the side quests once you've completed the main story?

Yes you can. There is a New Game+ mode after you've finished the game.

UrbanRats

xXJonoXx said:
I just picked up my PS3 CE from Best Buy. This was included in the package:

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5643/img0400rn.jpg[IMG]

What do I do?[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i1ZvZgrzA9lnw.jpg

Cheska

Sn4ke_911 said:
Yes you can. There is a New Game+ mode after you've finished the game.

SCORE! Maybe I will try to focus on the main story then.

Only complaint I have is that I have noticed some slight screen tearing on the PS3 version :(

Sn4ke_911 said:
I love this article.

The 28 hidden characters in Batman: Arkham Asylum

I hope AC is full packed with little details, easter eggs and hints like in AA.

obviously spoiler warning for Arkham Asylum!

Edit: lol they already have a riddler guide for Arkham City up.

this article made me think that they shouldve stuck with the catwoman art they used for arkham asylum... cause she looks downright ridiculous with that unzipped suit in arkham city.

Messi

xXJonoXx said:
This made me laugh, but then I realized I still can't play as Catwoman :(

go back to best buy show them this and the game, they will give you a new copy. it must be a printing error.

leng jai

The Batman/Joker version is hands down the hottest steelbook I've ever seen, at least in gaming. Might have to double dip on the PC steelbook.

Anyone order from Amazon before?

What would happen if I returned AC?
Would they take back that $10 gift card or whatever? (I assume so)

Thinking about going to buy it in the AM because UPS is telling me "end of day" which probably means "5 minutes before 5".

DeMeester

I still have to wait until November before I can start playing this beauty. I really envy you guys and girls who are already playing it now :(. I hope the game takes a leap in the graphics department on the pc vs consoles. Not like the Rage fiasco, please :).

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So is this game more challenging than Arkham Asylum? Playing that on hard was way too easy.

This game is just so amazing. Arkham Asylum is honestly one of my favourite games of all time and I'm about halfway through Arkham City and it just does everything better. The changes to the combat, the upgraded mobility to match the wider environments, every little thing that's happened in the story so far; I just adore it.

The only complaints I can muster are just petty, things like Nolan North's awful Cockney accent (maybe he's playing a Cockney who's lived in America for a long time?) or (character spoilers)
Solomun Grundy saying 'Monday, Tuesday' instead of 'Mundy, Tuesdy' (it's a rhyme, how did the voice actor not get it?)
. There's just so much to love about this game.

putarorex

Damn, Amazon won't ship this to Japan (Dead Island and Fallout New Vegas were ok but not Batman...). I guess I will have brave my way past otaku/pedofiles and get the game at an import shop in Akihabara. I could wait for it to come out in Japan, but I would prefer it in English.

sophora

Ffff-two days till payday, might get this game the morning I do get paid. Hearing the goodness that Arkham City is living up to is making me want it that much more!

Jintor

putarorex said:
Damn, Amazon won't ship this to Japan (Dead Island and Fallout New Vegas were ok but not Batman...). I guess I will have brave my way past otaku/pedofiles and get the game at an import shop in Akihabara. I could wait for it to come out in Japan, but I would prefer it in English.

:T

hamchan

MrCookiepants said:
Why is this thread so slow? Maybe I've just spent too much time in the Dark Souls OT.

I will start the game later tonight. Can't wait.

I dunno. I've already finished the game, have to wait for all you slowpokes to play more of the game so we can talk about it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just saw the TAS character trophy.

Is it just Batman's stance or is there something wrong with his Chin when he wears that skin?

Top Bottom