• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

BFIB

Just a reminder for those who ordered with Amazon.

Make sure you receive the Arkham City comic. Not sure if its for digital download, or an actual physical copy.

Zeth

Just installed on PS3. Opening logo cinematic has no sound so I'm like "wut?".

Then I get a prompt that says game data is corrupt, you need to delete the data to play. Or something like that, and PS3 resets. How do I delete it? Guess I need to reinstall?

edit: tried it again before touching the data and I got into the game but with no sound, this is worrying.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
there's a game data folder on the XMB, delete that and reinstall I guess.

FHIZ

So, my Robin Code from best buy isn't working. Did they neglect to tell us that the codes wouldn't work until that content is actually released to the public? Basically, is this a free coupon rather than early access?

Bazhard

Banned
SixStringPsycho said:
On the gothamcityimpostors.com website.

for some reason it wont let me log in or sign up right now, and if you read the back of the voucher it says "redeem this code for a "chance" to play the beta" but apparently you get some arkham city themed stuff.

FHIZ said:
So, my Robin Code from best buy isn't working. Did they neglect to tell us that the codes wouldn't work until that content is actually released to the public? Basically, is this a free coupon rather than early access?
content isn't working? or you can't redeem it? because i just redeemed mine on PS3 and it's downloading.

kodecraft

Birbo said:
Don't forget about Batman: Vengeance. Came out on PS3, Gamecube, Xbox & PC. I really liked that game.

Batman_Vengeance.jpg

Oh yes, I had this on Gamecube...it was fun.

FHIZ

Bazhard said:
content isn't working? or you can't redeem it? because i just redeemed mine on PS3 and it's downloading.
might be an Xbox thing. Entered my code twice correctly and no go. Saw some people on another board having the same issues on Xbox.

Vinsanity

If anyone is interested, I'd like to trade my Robin free order stuff from Best Buy for a Dark Knight Returns skin. Let me know via PM. Thanks!

Bazhard

Banned
FHIZ said:
might be an Xbox thing. Entered my code twice correctly and no go. Saw some people on another board having the same issues on Xbox.
Could be, i just redeemed by Catwoman code as well and both are downloaded/installed.

Which is weird cause usually ps3 doesn't let you do this till later in the day.

can anyone tell me if the 360 version also has very blurry textures? the game looks very good but if you stand in front of a wall or near anything else the textures look really ugly.

well...it's more noticeable outside a building (in the city)

The perfect Dark said:
can anyone tell me if the 360 version also has very blurry textures? the game looks very good but if you stand in front of a wall or near anything else the textures look really ugly.

Are you going to turn up texture quality?

Bazhard

Banned
The perfect Dark said:

Could be a infamous unreal texture loading problem?

W Hudson

The perfect Dark said:
Woah AR-Training is frustrating...you really need more luck than skill...

Fucking this. I did the first set of 4 to unlock the grapple upgrade (which is great BTW), then tried to start on the second set. I must have tried the one where you have to glide down the Joker tunnel like 50 times, and couldn't do it. Absolutely rage inducing.

Game is outstanding though. Combat is so much better this time around, and I loved it in AA. I absolutely love the double and triple counter animations.

hamchan

56% says my statistics. 1 more AR training to do that is really pissing me off.

On the title screen, after Batman jumps off the gargoyle, does it look like he's smiling to anyone else?

LProtag

UPS will probably take until 6-7 like they do whenever I'm waiting for something as opposed to 1-2 whenever they drop off something insubstantial.

Oh well.

Bloodsent

W Hudson said:
Fucking this. I did the first set of 4 to unlock the grapple upgrade (which is great BTW), then tried to start on the second set. I must have tried the one where you have to glide down the Joker tunnel like 50 times, and couldn't do it. Absolutely rage inducing.

Game is outstanding though. Combat is so much better this time around, and I loved it in AA. I absolutely love the double and triple counter animations.

Weirdly enough I must have worked on that same AR mission for an hour straight, but for some reason didn't get mad while doing it. Maybe I was in some sort of trance, thinking I was making progress, when in reality I was doing the same thing over and over. Does that make me insane?

P.S
I did finally get it.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
FedEx just dropped off my CE via Amazon Prime.

First impressions out of the box:

1) My Batman's statue's forehead has a spot of black rubbed off due to rubbing against the front of the packaging :|

2) I don't like how the game disc is in the back of the art book. Talk about awkward on the shelf...

protonion

Real gamers don't wait for the mail man. They go out and hunt their games!

21evlzs.jpg

Euro version. Also, HOLY SHIT at the 2 page manual. Not even control lay out!

GreekWolf

The perfect Dark said:
Yeah, I'd been wondering this myself. I know it really doesn't make much difference, as you'll probably need a magnifying glass to even notice discrepancies between console versions. The only thing I see, from Lens of Truth's comparison, is a few sharper 360 textures and possibly better lighting on PS3.

Texture on Stop Sign

ps3-rollover_07.jpg

xbox-360-rollover_07.jpg

A bit sharper on Eyepiece

ps3-rollover_04.jpg

xbox-360-rollover_04.jpg

GreekWolf said:
Yeah, I'd been wondering this myself. I know it really doesn't make much difference, as you'll probably need a magnifying glass to even notice discrepancies between console versions. The only thing I see, from Lens of Truth's comparison, is a few sharper 360 textures and possibly better lighting on PS3.

Texture on Stop Sign

I don't see much of a difference at all....you 're better off flipping a coin if you're torn b/t 360 and PS3 versions.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
360 is clearly better.
Look below and you'll see it isn't that cut and dried.

GreekWolf said:

Texture on Stop Sign

ps3-rollover_07.jpg

xbox-360-rollover_07.jpg
You're right about the stop sign, but the building textures in the 360 shot are much blurrier for some reason. Take a look at the cement lines in the pillars and you can see that they are quite different. Very strange.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Only played for about an hour or so but damn, what an opening.
Bruce getting arrested and going around in prison was really unexpected and that whole section was surprisingly brutal for a T rates game.
I can't wait to get back to this after my job interview later.

GreekWolf

Foliorum Viridum said:
360 is clearly better.
It's really not that big of a deal. L.A. Noire was a bad port. FF13 was horrific. This is nigh-on identical, with a few insignificant exceptions.

No missing geometry, resolution appears identical. Good port, overall.

Massa

dark10x said:
Look below and you'll see it isn't that cut and dried.

You're right about the stop sign, but the building textures in the 360 shot are much blurrier for some reason. Take a look at the cement lines in the pillars and you can see that they are quite different. Very strange.

Given the website that took these screens it's quite possible the textures were still streaming.

Top Bottom