• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

GreekWolf

Ephemeris said:
Keaton-s-Batman-batman-9529386-500-281.jpg

Hmm. Thought I heard Fedex approaching.

I was wrong.
That does it. I've been resisting the urge to waste my entire day off (the only one this week) with a Batman movie marathon, but that Keaton shot does it to me every time.

Fuck! I regret buying a steam code and inputting it into steam right away. If I still had it I would probably resell it and buy the PS3 version today!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Massa said:
Given the website that took these screens it's quite possible the textures were still streaming.
Indeed. Could that not be the same case with the PS3 shot there? It doesn't seem like a totally fair comparison.

nel e nel

FHIZ said:
So, my Robin Code from best buy isn't working. Did they neglect to tell us that the codes wouldn't work until that content is actually released to the public? Basically, is this a free coupon rather than early access?

I had the same problem entering the code in at xbox.com. I checked the official Arkham City forums, and it seems that it's a server side issue with XBL, and folks say that customer service told them it will be live later today/this afternoon.

http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/forums/showthread.php/6230-Robin-Code-not-working-(U.S.-midnight-release)

Ephemeris

GreekWolf said:
That does it. I've been resisting the urge to waste my entire day off (the only one this week) with a Batman movie marathon, but that Keaton shot does it to me every time.

You know what you must do. :)

masterkajo

I am so close to just go out and buy the game. A store near me does sell it already. Quick someone sell me a cheap steam code so I won't cave and buy the console version. :p

augmental

ShinUltramanJ said:
Grabbing it from Best Buy after work today. I didn't preorder, and am also wondering if they can somehow get me a Robin code.
No biggie if they can't though, as I don't think you can use him in the main campaign.

Yeah all the copies have the Robin code in there. You will see a sticker on the outside plastic.

Sullichin

I would love if someone could answer this:
is there a PS3 firmware update today, or a day-1 patch for AC?
I want to go home on my lunch break, but I'll only have about 10 minutes of playtime. Obviously not worth it if I have to download anything.

Guzim

Sullichin said:
I want to go home on my lunch break, but I'll only have about 10 minutes of playtime. Obviously not worth it if I have to download anything.
You do have to install the game, and there is a patch to download.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Sullichin said:
There also is a firmware update, but it's optional.

Urgh, stuck at work, I won't be leaving to pick up the game for another 8 hours :( Can someone chime in on the 3D? I've been contemplating picking up a pair of glasses for this game, (I also have Ico/SotC and UC3 next month)

RoboPlato said:
Quick question, on PS3 how do you grapple and keep gliding? Hold X while grappling?
It's an upgrade you get for a side mission. Specifically (it happens early on, not really a spoiler but just in case)
the Augmented Reality challenges. You just have to do the first round (I think it's four challenges), then you get the Grapple Boost upgrade. You grapple and double tap X (and hold it to glide)

kaskade

Comments are saying some big spoilers in the quicklook via subtitles. Kinda bummed out, I wanted to watch it while I wait for UPS to come.

S1kkZ

kaskade said:
Comments are saying some big spoilers in the quicklook via subtitles. Kinda bummed out, I wanted to watch it while I wait for UPS to come.
yep, its a very big spoiler. dont watch the quicklook.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
matrix-cat said:
It's an upgrade you get for a side mission. Specifically (it happens early on, not really a spoiler but just in case)
the Augmented Reality challenges. You just have to do the first round (I think it's four challenges), then you get the Grapple Boost upgrade. You grapple and double tap X (and hold it to glide)
I'm on the third one in the first set of those and thought that I needed it to complete this one. I guess I have to do something else. I'm on the one
where you have to glide, divebomb, then get up high again to go through the last ring

Dynamite Ringo Matsuri said:
Urgh, stuck at work, I won't be leaving to pick up the game for another 8 hours :( Can someone chime in on the 3D? I've been contemplating picking up a pair of glasses for this game, (I also have Ico/SotC and UC3 next month)
Its good, very subtle. I certainly wouldnt play the whole game with it on though. (maybe for Ico)

MNC

People having played this: Is this Batman's Mass Effect 2? As in, big hype, bad game, lots of commercialization etc?

RoboPlato said:
I'm on the third one in the first set of those and thought that I needed it to complete this one. I guess I have to do something else. I'm on the one
where you have to glide, divebomb, then get up high again to go through the last ring
I don't think you need to use the grappling hook at all in those missions. Maybe just pull up more sharply out of the Dive Bomb, or don't dive so low? I'm sorry, I can't remember the specifics.

kaskade

S1kkZ said:
yep, its a very big spoiler. dont watch the quicklook.
I was waiting for some comments to say. People are saying it's in the subtitles. I don't know why they didn't just black them out before publishing the video.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
matrix-cat said:
I don't think you need to use the grappling hook at all in those missions. Maybe just pull up more sharply out of the Dive Bomb, or don't dive so low? I'm sorry, I can't remember the specifics.
Cool, I'll just try it again later. I'm sure it's just something obvious I'm missing.

MNC said:
People having played this: Is this Batman's Mass Effect 2? As in, big hype, bad game, lots of commercialization etc?
Not at all. It's AA on steroids.

Also they did "re-do" Detective Mode, which looks great.

It's not hyper-blue and certain objects in the foreground have no effect on them whatsoever.

Great work Rocksteady. Great work.

Adam J.

I put in a few hours this morning-- overwhelmed by how much stuff there is to do. Also really has the sense of peril and emergency that's in the Nolan movies.

I'm playing on 360 and the graphics are stunning. Some of the best use of Unreal yet.

BFIB

Buckethead said:
Also they did "re-do" Detective Mode, which looks great.

It's not hyper-blue and certain objects in the foreground have no effect on them whatsoever.

Great work Rocksteady. Great work.

I was wondering if they redid any of the detective mode. AA was fantastic, but I hated swapping in and out of detective mode to take in some scenery.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
MNC said:

No. Not in any way. What a strange assumption.

Mass Effect 2 is fantastic.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Another reveal ...Gordon is in the game.

I'm fucking out now.

Top Bottom