• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

hamchan

Sn4ke_911 said:
Another reveal ...Gordon is in the game.

I'm fucking out now.
Batman is also in the game.

Anyways a spoiler thread would be cool in a few days time when other people finish the game.

RPGCrazied

There is most definatly screen tearing in the PS3 version. I don't think its as bad as Aslyum. I'm mostly seeing it when I'm gliding off of buildings. Doesn't seem to do it on the ground, on the rooftops, or in buildings.

Couple questions, how do you find the side missions? And the riddler trophies, how do you crack those? I see a few, I throw a batrang at it, it just starts a 4secound timer then stops. Unless I'm not that far into the game. I only did the part with
Two-face
so far.

For the veterans of AA who're now playing AC: do you recommend that I play through AA first before I play AC? Are the mechanics in AC so evolved that I'll be spoiled and dissapointed if I were to play through it before AA?

Thanks!

hamchan

RPGCrazied said:
There is most definatly screen tearing in the PS3 version. I don't think its as bad as Aslyum. I'm mostly seeing it when I'm gliding off of buildings. Doesn't seem to do it on the ground, on the rooftops, or in buildings.

Couple questions, how do you find the side missions? And the riddler trophies, how do you crack those? I see a few, I throw a batrang at it, it just starts a 4secound timer then stops. Unless I'm not that far into the game. I only did the part with
Two-face
so far.
Some of the sidemissions they're nice enough to label on your map. Others you'll find or get a notice about just flying randomly/exploring.

hamchan

Reluctant-Hero said:
For the veterans of AA who're now playing AC: do you recommend that I play through AA first before I play AC? Are the mechanics in AC so evolved that I'll be spoiled and dissapointed if I were to play through it before AA?

Thanks!
No, AC has the same combat system as AA with a few extra enemy types added in. You should play AA anyways because it's excellent.

RPGCrazied

hamchan said:
Some of the sidemissions they're nice enough to label on your map. Others you'll find or get a notice about just flying randomly/exploring.

I don't see anything on my map. I've only got into fights with some thugs and leveled up twice.

This is where I am in the story
I'm investing the tower with the joker inside, he tried to snipe catwoman

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
RPGCrazied said:
I don't see anything on my map. I've only got into fights with some thugs and leveled up twice.

I'm just past that part. You'll start hearing about the side missions once you complete that area.

hamchan

RPGCrazied said:

Yeah, don't worry about it yet, just keep playing.

Bazhard

Banned
About 2 hours in it and i absolutely love it, the catwoman stuff is defiantly interesting and gives you a break from batman missions which keeps the game fresh (so far).

The combat is REALLY fucking satisfying, i can see why people are saying it's the best. hearing the thuds and breaks on surround sound is just awesome.

RPGCrazied said:

Use your Detective vision if you don't see it
it will show a green line to the tower, but it should show up on the map

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I can't seem the view the details on that NOS reward page for the Batman Beyond Skin. How much of that crap do you have to buy to get a skin?

RPGCrazied

ShinUltramanJ said:
Wow, that's it?!! Grabbing a can tonight!

Yeah, but make sure it has a yellow ring around it, saying reward series. If you buy a can without that, you won't get the code.

It was still $2. I won't be buying it again, lol

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
5npuhd.png

FINALBOSS

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
Yeah, but make sure it has a yellow ring around it, saying reward series. If you buy a can without that, you won't get the code.

It was still $2. I won't be buying it again, lol

NOS is super delicious.

Any Aussies who haven't been able to download the Catwoman pack yet, I just finally got my code to work. I'm assuming the servers weren't up yet since the street date was broken. I still can't get any of my other codes to work, just the Catwoman one.

Ok, I have been playing for about 20 minutes and OMG....this game is So great.

I'm not even following the story. Right now Im just flying around the City surviving up my own brand of justice. the Freedom is awesome. I can't believe how open and huge this game is.

Damn, the Giantbomb quick look is riddled with spoilers thanks to the subtitles of random thugs and their commentary based on events in the main storyline. =(

JazzmanZ

can you guys tell me if you always have to be online in order to play catwoman?
or do you just need to enter the pass and download it.

Grisby

JazzmanZ said:
can you guys tell me if you always have to be online in order to play catwoman?
or do you just need to enter the pass and download it.
I think its just enter the pass and DL. I haven't gotten to the first CW mission offline yet.

Would be incredibly stupid if you had to be online just for that.

well i knew it would happen, robin and the dark knight returns skin codes going for $30 on ebay fdsafdsfdsk

about to pick up my copy :D hyped , time for some batman B^)

Maddness

Man...
I just got to the first catwoman mission in the game and this does NOT feel very optional to me.

Other than that, I'm loving this game. Fuck if playing on hard right off the bat (hur hur) wasn't a big mistake for me, having not played AA in a while. I got my ass handed to me several times just in the first thug brawl.

Enjoying though, definitely enjoying. They aced Catwoman, man she's killer.

Nori Chan

I went to best buy and got the CE and I found this sticker on it. Did anybody else got it? I heard it was good so I'm glad I got it. More value to the CE

ff88819a.jpg

S1kkZ

about the catwoman stuff (no story spoilers, but better safe than sorry):

if you use the code, the catwoman segments will interrupt the main campaign, you have to play them. if you finish the main story and then unlock catwoman via code, you can replay all of her story missions later.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'd much rather they give me an Old-man Bruce Wayne from Batman Beyond than the current skin.

That would be amazing.

LProtag

Woo, UPS finally got here at a decent time. Downloading the Catwoman DLC right now... should take about 18 minutes. Damn internet is always slow with the PS Store.

benzy

Calibur said:
Now i have seen the Batman Beyond skin, i'm not too interested in it, it's too muscularly and the wings are too small

- Needs to look more like this

batman-beyond.jpg

Doesn't look too bad to me. Better than the costume on the first playthrough.

Top Bottom