• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Bazhard said:
Yup, whats funny is the house across the street gets UPS delivery around 1-3pm but they never stop here to about 6pm.

I never understood that, if your dropping a package off across the street, parking your truck literally 15 feet away from my house why not just bring me my package? did i like piss in the UPS drivers cheerios and just not know about it?

This is very stupid but a lot of times your package is on a different truck than the guy delivering it to your neighbor. I don't know why UPS does this but they do.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just picked it up for the Kmart deal. Downloading Catwoman now. Someone got lazy and just threw all of the copies of this underneath a shelf so it took me and the guy working there almost half an hour to find them.

darkjedi187 said:
6pm here i come!
mmspicture2w.jpg

Guess who got it early! UPS has never delivered early in the morning! Pic is crappy quality because the camera on my phone is crappy.

Sullichin

backflip10019 said:
Bah! It's waiting for me at my apartment as I type this. Wish I could go play right now. Still got 8 hours to go...

Oh, I feel you. Sitting at work, overtired from playing Dark Souls until the early AM with my copy of AA waiting at home. In about 8 hours I can return to videogame glory.

cackhyena

So I walked into a gas station and looked at some NOS. I didn't see any Batman advertising on them and assumed they hadn't restocked with the newer stuff yet...so I left. I was wrong, wasn't I.

augmental said:
This is a known issue. Get with the store you bought it from.
I will contact Amazon ASAP. Thanks!

Solo said:
Should bought the vanilla version
I actually wanted the vanilla version over the collector's edition, but I felt obligated since I got it when Amazon had it for $60. I hate how the game disc is in the artbook. I will pick up the cover art sometime in the future and then it will be like I have the vanilla and collector's edition.

I'm really surprised the catwoman bundle pack isn't on the disc. I don't want to start the singleplayer without the download complete. Wish it was on the disc.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
VindictiveGnome said:
I'm really surprised the catwoman bundle pack isn't on the disc. I don't want to start the singleplayer without the download complete. Wish it was on the disc.

It only took 2 minutes to download.

Anyone able to get the Robin DLC code without pre-ordering from Gamestop or Best Buy? I remember getting Deus Ex back in August from Best Buy and got their codes without having to pre-order the game.

Darkness said:
It only took 2 minutes to download.
Not for me. If I was downloading this on PC it would have been done in 2 minutes because I have 20 mbps internet, but the Xbox/PS3 don't download nearly as fast. I've never understood why I can download Fallout: New Vegas (PC) in an hour, but it takes an hour or more to download a game demo off PSN/XBL.

Simo

Just got back from Gamestop with my standard copy and took 10 minutes to download everything...and by everything I mean the Catwoman bundle pack, Joker Carnival Challenge Map, TAS costume and the Gotham Knight movie.

Like is there a reason they're pimping a 3 year old animated movie with every edition of the game?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
LeonSKennedy90 said:
In 2011, when you're spending money on luxary items like video game consoles, I surely hope so

Yep.

Assuming there's broadband in your region at an affordable price, without caps, and if you have caps, you haven't reached it, and if you haven't reached it, the internet in your house is located in such a way that your console can reach it through hardwire, otherwise you're forced to use shitty WiFi.

So you best damn well have broadband internet hooked up to your console, otherwise you are simply not a true gamer in 2011!

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Grabbing it from Best Buy after work today. I didn't preorder, and am also wondering if they can somehow get me a Robin code.
No biggie if they can't though, as I don't think you can use him in the main campaign.

Simo said:
Just got back from Gamestop with my standard copy and took 10 minutes to download everything...and by everything I mean the Catwoman bundle pack, Joker Carnival Challenge Map, TAS costume and the Gotham Knight movie.

Like is there a reason they're pimping a 3 year old animated movie with every edition of the game?
I would have taken any other animated Batman movie. Gotham Knight was so lame. I loved Mask of Phantasm and Under the Red Hood.

RPGCrazied

About to leave in a few minutes. Just watched all the villains thats in this game, in the animated series to get more hyped. Even watched the Batman flicks.

Heart of Ice is so good.

BFIB

Usually my UPS deliveries get here around 11:30 CST. Knowing my luck, today will be the day when he runs late!

vixlar

Thanks for all the people who answered about the Batman Beyond Joker. Sincerely, I didn't like Batman Beyond... all the chapters I saw had a Scooby Doo final (the bad guy is the park guard!!!) but I always wanted to see the movie. I only had listened good things about it. And even as I know how it ends, I want to watch it now. Thanks again.

About the spoiler, I don't know if you are kidding or not, but really, I watched that scene months ago, I think it was an E3, and it is the beginning of the game.

My native language interferes with my sarcasm detector, so I don't know if it was a joke :-D

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
LeonSKennedy90 said:
In 2011, when you're spending money on luxary items like video game consoles, I surely hope so

There are still plenty of parts of the United States without high speed internet access. And these aren't necessarily rural-as-fuck places either, we're talking places only an hour from a major city that have somewhat small populations. Telecoms don't see a need to move into the area, unless of course the town wants to do something about it, like offer municipal wifi, then suddenly Comcast or Verizon will come and lay wire and get the town to pass ordinances banning the municipal wifi.

Wait, I'm ranting. Sorry. My point is that these dirty motherfuckers were given billions by the government back in the Clinton Administration to give everyone in the US access to high-speed internet, and they just took the money and ran. And no one is holding them accountable to the billions the government gave them.

Wait. Sorry, I'm ranting again. My point is that not everyone can have broadband internet.

Tucah

you speak so well
Bought it! Ready to pla.....wait I have to download Catwoman? Goddamnit.

Also - Gamestop has preorders for DLC now? When did this start? They kept trying to sell me on Batman DLC and some $50 CoD map pack.

The Amazon rep does not believe me about the four collectible cards. I had to point out the two locations on the product page that shows the collectible cards are included. Ugh.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
LeonSKennedy90 said:
I've noticed you've been doing that a lot lately. Dem online passes must have really struck a nerve.

You must have me confused with someone else. I don't play console games, so online passes don't bother me. Arkham City PC being delayed a month for no good fucking reason god damn it has been a little saltier than usual, though.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
cackhyena said:
So I walked into a gas station and looked at some NOS. I didn't see any Batman advertising on them and assumed they hadn't restocked with the newer stuff yet...so I left. I was wrong, wasn't I.

yup. if it has the branding of redeeming codes then it was the right can or bottle to get.

neorej said:
Yep.

Assuming there's broadband in your region at an affordable price, without caps, and if you have caps, you haven't reached it, and if you haven't reached it, the internet in your house is located in such a way that your console can reach it through hardwire, otherwise you're forced to use shitty WiFi.

So you best damn well have broadband internet hooked up to your console, otherwise you are simply not a true gamer in 2011!

Cater to the lowest denominator, so that everyone can suffer their plight.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
LeonSKennedy90 said:
Wait until December so you can pay 5 bucks for character skins
I'll be playing other games in December.

Top Bottom