• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Oh I tried everything and I still don't know what to do....

Need help , SPOILER!!! I'm at ...57% of the main story....so...

When you have to go back to Joker the second time (because Harley stole the medicine ^^)....I really don't know how to get to him. I fought all of his thugs outside, then opened a small door. There was a titan tank and a harley-figure in it...and there's water....so what should I do?^^

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Reluctant-Hero said:
Well, just open up the official Arkham City catalog, included with every copy of the game, and turn to the fifth page for info on the Trioviz 3D Glasses.

Seriously?! A fucking 9 page catalog , in color no less, while the game manual is two pages and doesn't even explain the controls?! SMH!
Guess I could do that. Didn't do myself any favors by going directly to the game.

Cheska

Oh what the fuck. I just bought a NOS drink and went to redeem the code, but I needed to register first. So I register, and now it says my code has already been redeemed. Can't find my reward anywhere :mad:

EDIT: Nevermind, tried again and now I got my point which I used to get my skin.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I just bought this game during my lunch break and now it teases me! I won't be able to play it till I'm off work! Ha!

Vire

Batman Arkham City has now surpassed Portal 2 as the highest rated game this year and tied for the second highest rated game of the generation.

QTIYA.png

Holy fucking batmans!

The perfect Dark said:

When you have to go back to Joker the second time (because Harley stole the medicine ^^)....I really don't know how to get to him. I fought all of his thugs outside, then opened a small door. There was a titan tank and a harley-figure in it...and there's water....so what should I do?^^

You received from Mr. Frezze a cold gadget.. Use it!!! Think like ice arrows!! :3

The perfect Dark said:

Woah I found out myself...love this game.

edit: thx lolez2matt :p

scoobs

Inferno313 said:
Elaborate. How far are you, what exactly is bothering you? I'm about that far in and I'm digging it. Did you play Asylum?
I'm about to go after
Mr.Freeze
. And ya i loved AA, best game of the gen if you ask me! Idk, i just feel like theres so much to do and im being sent all across this "open world" and i dunno... not clicking with me quite yet. Combat is super awesome as expected though

After ending spoilers!!!

I love how after finishing the game, Batman comes back to arkham city and says that there are still things left to do to Catwoman.

Red

Vire said:
Batman Arkham City has now surpassed Portal 2 as the highest rated game this year and tied for the second highest rated game of the generation.

http://i.imgur.com/QTIYA.png[IMG]

Holy fucking batmans![/QUOTE]
Not exactly unexpected, but good to hear nonetheless.

This was always going to be a heavy hitter. Glad to know it hits so hard.

Grisby

Question about a riddler trophy early in the game:
After dropping down into the mill I had to shut off a steam valve by throwing 3 batarangs at 3 buttons. Theres a riddler trophy right next to the buttons but I cant seem to find the shutoff switch for it anywhere.

RobbieNick

My brother can't use his codes since he's not online, so he gave me his. This includes...

- Catwoman

- Animated Batman

- Sinestro Corps Batman

- Dark Knight Batman

- Joker Challenge Map

- Penquin Challenge map

Willing to trade codes for 70's Batman, Batman Beyond and Robin. PM me if you want to trade.

Moaradin

Vire said:

QTIYA.png

Holy fucking batmans!

FUCK IT. I can't take it anymore. I'm just going to gamefly it now on xbox and buy it whenever it comes out on PC. The wait is too much.

nel e nel

Noriega said:
I went to best buy and got the CE and I found this sticker on it. Did anybody else got it? I heard it was good so I'm glad I got it. More value to the CE

ff88819a.jpg

Not to bust anyone's bubble, but this has been on Netflix Instant Watch for over a year now.

RyuHayate

It's in my possession; I can't wait to start!

Quick question, though: since I don't have access to any additional costumes and can't personally tell, if you're using a different skin does it show up in the cutscenes as well or no? Thanks in advance!

Bought the game. Boot it up. Oh yeah you have that Catwoman code? Yeah just enter it here to get her. OH WHOOOPS It says here you've activated more than 5 ps3s on this psn account. Well so what? I can't just download this code once then? Fuck you. Fuck. You.

Calibur

RobbieNick said:
My brother can't use his codes since he's not online, so he gave me his. This includes...

- Catwoman

- Animated Batman

- Sinestro Corps Batman

- Dark Knight Batman

- Joker Challenge Map

- Penquin Challenge map

Willing to trade codes for 70's Batman, Batman Beyond and Robin. PM me if you want to trade.

Wow how did he get all those codes, does he work for multiple shops and are there ps3 codes?

I swear to christ, these pre-order bonus situations are the ONLY thing that makes me even consider, for a second, using one of those downloadable modding programs.

They let you unlock everything on the disk, including the shit that you would have to unlock by pre-ordering at different outlets, or by paying for DLC.

I mean, I won't cause I'm terrified of being banned, but damnit I want that Year One skin.

Zeth

Game is amazing. Even a few hours in the amount of gadgets, especially quickfire gadgets, is really Impressive. They add a lot more depth to the combat.

Anyone have any tips for practicing/performing critical strikes? When I first got it I had a temporary message that would tell me too soon.

kaskade

I'm like one of the last people on the UPS route. Hopefully it's hear soon. I made sure to get my work done early so I could play tonight.

Nori Chan

nel e nel said:
Not to bust anyone's bubble, but this has been on Netflix Instant Watch for over a year now.
I know that lol but I was just wondering if I got lucky and it was my best buy that did that. Nobody has said anything about this, plus it's a free download of a good movie (so I heard)

Mr. Sam

SteveWinwood said:
Bought the game. Boot it up. Oh yeah you have that Catwoman code? Yeah just enter it here to get her. OH WHOOOPS It says here you've activated more than 5 ps3s on this psn account. Well so what? I can't just download this code once then? Fuck you. Fuck. You.

This is why I hate this sort of online pass stuff. I mean, maybe I can understand you wanting to discourage people buying your game second hand. Maybe I can even live with gamers who don't have their console hooked up to the internet missing out on swathes on content. At the end of the day, though, it's just one more thing to go wrong, and even people who've bought the game new and have a working internet connection get screwed.

As demonstrated here.

Me? My connection's shitty, meaning - at the very least - a whole lot of sitting around, waiting for the content to download.

zychi

Banned
The Antitype said:
I swear to christ, these pre-order bonus situations are the ONLY thing that makes me even consider, for a second, using one of those downloadable modding programs.

They let you unlock everything on the disk, including the shit that you would have to unlock by pre-ordering at different outlets, or by paying for DLC.

I mean, I won't cause I'm terrified of being banned, but damnit I want that Year One skin.
Mind pming me where I can find one of these? I have an offline account/offline xbox that I really don't care if I use it or not.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The Antitype said:

A lot of this stuff you actually have to DL... it's not on the disc as far as I can tell.

Top Bottom