• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Tguy said:
I HATE HATE PS3 controllers so much god damn.

My L2 button keeps hitting detective mode on its own and now I got crazy headaches. Why is this shit so sensitive?

Does anyone know of any good 3rd party PS3 controllers?
I searched all over for a PS3 controller I didn't hate until finally coming across a converter that allows me to use a wired 360 controller on PS3: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001O89YTU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Love it (other than games that force motion control like KZ2/KZ3)...

malfcn

Sounds like a borked release. Tons of people having DLC card problems. On a funny note, the Xbox version comes with a 'Blu-Ray' disc.

Jintor

The perfect Dark said:
hehe.. yeah I know it's a playable comic. What I wanted to say is, that the game feels more like a comic and less like a dark, brutal world you never want to visit (like the Asylum in the first game).

Please, can anyone confirm that the city is NOT empty after finishing the main story? There are still thugs left?

Of course. They're everywhere.

malfcn said:
Sounds like a borked release. Tons of people having DLC card problems. On a funny note, the Xbox version comes with a 'Blu-Ray' disc.
I really wish they would just scrap all this preorder exclusive DLC bullshit. It's one of the most irritating aspects of modern gaming.

cacophony

mickcenary said:
Yep. Gliding sans having to perch and hook each time. Spanks, man. Is it an easy one? I don't even know what these AR missions are, to be honest. There's a lot to digest in this game.

There's 4 of them and they are all pretty easy. I only had some trouble with the 3rd one. The advanced ones I've tried are a bitch though.

Bukana

I have a question, if I beat the game on Normal, can I play the New Game+ with Hard !?
Also, is there a trophy for beating the game on Hard !?

I'm on hold with WB Games now, kind of pissed they took out the listed 4 collectible cards out of the Collector's Edition and my DVD copy is scratched.

Bukana said:
I have a question, if I beat the game on Normal, can I play the New Game+ with Hard !?
Also, is there a trophy for beating the game on Hard !?

The trophy list is listed in the OP..

GQman2121

Banned
This game is setting quite the precedent in more ways than one.

Is that I manual I see behind this Catwoman DLC slip? Shit no, it's a catalog for more Batman goods!

But here's a three page, CD sized foldout, to explain to you how to insert the game disk into your system of choice. You're welcome....

Give me a break with the packaging publishers are using now days. It's amazing that the HD collections of older titles come double sided with dual covers - AND - actual manuals. It's not that it's a big deal, but it is eye opening to see how far we've come this generation.

Mindlog

Bloodsent said:
Unfortunately you kind of have to. I don't remember if you could in AA now, but I like that if you hold down the LB (on 360 at least) to mark a Riddler Trophy, and do it again, it will add it to the map. This is pretty useful, until they give you other means to work with finding trophies.
I did not pay attention to that key little tip. Thank you for that. I will definitely be marking the obscure challenges I come across.

GQman2121 said:

Is that I manual I see behind this Catwoman DLC slip? Shit no, it's a catalog for more Batman goods!

But here's a three page, CD sized foldout, to explain to you how to insert the game disk into your system of choice. You're welcome....

Give me a break with the packaging publishers are using now days. It's amazing that the HD collections of older titles come double sided with dual covers - AND - actual manuals. It's not that it's a big deal, but it is eye opening to see how far we've come this generation.
Sony is the only publisher who gives a shit about packaging these days.

GQman2121 said:

Seriously. It's a fucking sad state we're in.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
So how exactly do you choose the skin you want to use during the game? I'm not seeing any options aside from viewing them as character trophies.

GloveSlap

I think I am stuck because of a game breaking glitch.

I just got the remote electrical charge gun. The goons weld the main door shut so i have to charge the sliding metal door's motor. Well, i charged the motor (which starts running) and the door doesn't open. I even watched a youtube walkthrough and it worked for him no problem.

MrDaravon

Domino Theory said:
So how exactly do you choose the skin you want to use during the game? I'm not seeing any options aside from viewing them as character trophies.

I believe you have to beat the game once before you can wear any skins.

GloveSlap said:
I think I am stuck because of a game breaking glitch.

I just got the remote electrical charge gun. The goons weld the main door shut so i have to charge the sliding metal door's motor. Well, i charged the motor (which starts running) and the door doesn't open. I even watched a youtube walkthrough and it worked for him no problem.

Are you using the alt fire? That weapon can be fired with two different buttons, with different effects (
appears to reverse polarity, so some doors/things you'll need to shoot with one button, some the other
).

JohngPR

Raxus said:
I really miss my triple batarang and the batclaw getting erased from the combat.

It's not erase, you have to unlock it and even then it's a different button press than it was in Arkham Asylum.

GQman2121

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:

They do deserve props. All of their titles seem to ship with posters or maps along with full color manuals.

And again, games are expensive to develop/publish and the manuals are not that important. But when you see the DLC shit they're starting to pull; the online passes; and now the packaging - it's like, where does it end for retail products?

Domino Theory said:

I read where you have to beat the game first before you can use any of the skins(in campaign mode anyway).

Eusis

BruiserBear said:
Sony is the only publisher who gives a shit about packaging these days.
Most of the smaller ones still care, like Xseed and Atlus. I just worry that they'll eventually have to cave under Retailer pressure to conform, I guess that depends on when/if the titans like Rockstar and Sony cave too.

So the guy with WB Games said that the part on the back of the Ce box that says "Animated Movie Included Inside on Blu-Ray" is a misprint. The Blu- Ray version is only included with the PS3 version, while the 360 Version was meant to have said DVD.

Regarding the collectible cards that were announced when the CE was announced. The guy said it was a misscommunication error between WB and the retailers.

So no freebies =(

At least they are replacing my scratched DVD.

RobbieNick

I forgot to mention on my code exchange that it's for PS3. To clarify, I have all the DLC from the collectors edition as well as Batman Animated, sinestro Batman and Joker's challenge map. Will trade certain codes for 70's Batman, Batman Beyond and Robin.

If no one claims the Catwoman code at the end of the day, I'll give it out free.

GloveSlap

SailorDaravon said:
I believe you have to beat the game once before you can wear any skins.

Are you using the alt fire? That weapon can be fired with two different buttons, with different effects (
appears to reverse polarity, so some doors/things you'll need to shoot with one button, some the other
).

Yep that was the problem, thanks for the help.

calder

An hour in, so awesome. I'm just loving it - the beginning was a cool surprise to me and while it (naturally) only lasted 5 minutes it was a great way to add a little bit of something new compared to AA and have a nifty tutorial.

Bazhard

Banned
Interficium said:
preorder cancelled.
xlxjdu.gif

YOU SHALL DO NO THING!

Sullichin

Only about an hour in, have to say that this game is AMAZING so far. Holy shit!!!!!!

One of the best executed tutorial segments I've ever seen in a game. And then I'm just overwhelmed with awesome shit to do as Batman.

I'm ony 30 minutes in, but holy shit are the character introductions already out of hand. I feel like there are already 10 people involved. Seems a bit overwhelming so far.

Socreges

Banned
WOOOO HEADING HOME NOW TO GO PLAY....... Arkham Asylum?

I hate you guys. All of you who compelled me to play AA first before AC (I got the Walmart bundle). When I'm sitting at home, enjoying AA, I'll think of you while shaking a clenched fist.

Socreges said:

I hate you guys. All of you who compelled me to play AA first before AC (I got the Walmart bundle). When I'm sitting at home, enjoying AA, I'll think of you while shaking a clenched fist.
I'm right there with you buddy. I'm torn between fully exploring AA or just ripping through the main story path.

-Stranger-

I'm stuck!

I'm up to the bit in Joker's place where i need to fire three batarangs at the switches to turn out the steam pipes, i just don't seem to be able to do it Help!

SmithnCo

-Stranger- said:
I'm stuck!

I'm up to the bit in Joker's place where i need to fire three batarangs at the switches to turn out the steam pipes, i just don't seem to be able to do it Help!

Press the fire button without going into "aim" mode to fire them faster.

Vire

-Stranger- said:
I'm stuck!

Double tap the left trigger quickly to rapid fire the batarangs.

I've played for 4 or 5 hours, and I'm at about 16% story completion. You guys complaining about length are rushing through it. I'm doing as many sidequests as I can before progressing though.

Solo

Socreges said:

You're doing the right thing, man.

What the fuck is the deal with this stupid Riddler trophy tagging?

I can look straight at a fucking trophy, but still not be able to tag it so I can come back to it later?

Square Triangle said:
I'm on hold with WB Games now, kind of pissed they took out the listed 4 collectible cards out of the Collector's Edition and my DVD copy is scratched.

The trophy list is listed in the OP..
I contacted Amazon and they gave me $12 refund for the missing collectible cards. Maybe I should contact WB games too. Let me know how your situation turns out.

Top Bottom