• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

robot

Is anyone elses game getting brought back to the title when a download of any kind is finished (360 version). I just finished downloading the Sonic demo and got a message saying "DLC detected, returning to title screen".

overcast

Okay I need a bit of help, only about 2-3 hours in.

I'm looking for Mr. Freezes lair, Joker just sent me on this mission. I am at the gotham PD station, which I believe is where I should be. I don't know what to do.

cacophony

overcast said:

I'm looking for Mr. Freezes lair, Joker just sent me on this mission. I am at the gotham PD station, which I believe is where I should be. I don't know what to do.

Outside the front there should be a group of guards w/ guns. Take them out and then you will see a door you can open with the electric charge gun thing.

SmithnCo

overcast said:

Look for an electric switch over a gate and slide under, IIRC.

Fuck this game is brutal on you in hard mode. Any tips aside from flinging my cap around and hoping that I don't have to counter a punch?

Game is good thus far, especially the opening.

Alright, this 2nd AR Training set is frustrating as hell. The first where you have to into the clown mouth and through the tunnel is testing my patience.

>:|

Ephemeris

WORK OVER.

I'M GOING IN. /FUNKFLEX BOMB
batman082809.jpg

NOT EATING UNLESS IT'S COOKED WITH
Batman-Broth.jpg

IT'S GO TIME.

VMexA.gif

Havok

black_vegeta said:
Alright, this 2nd AR Training set is frustrating as hell. The first where you have to into the clown mouth and through the tunnel is testing my patience.

>:|
I did all of these a little while ago, and yeah, they're not fun. You've just gotta get the dive down pat and it works out.

Until you get to the one that you have to turn around while diving and go under an overhang. Which totally sucked.

Ken

How do you beat 5th AR mission of the first set? The one
by the docks.
I can get 4 but no idea how to get the 5th Bat-hoop thing before crashing into the water.

Fjordson

Yeah, when you really get into it, it can be slightly overwhelming. Definitely a good problem, though. I''m not even touching the main story much. So much to see and do around the city. Love it.

MCXC Pioneer said:
There's almost TOO much to do. I'm overwhelmed.
Absolutely true. There are so many mechanics, so many riddles, so many sidequests. Every predator room has so many secret routes, the combat has so many options, the movement can flow so well, but at the same time it's fairly active to do it properly. Part of this is the fact that you actually start with about 5 gadgets left over from AA, so they don't give you a proper explanation of their new uses (things like batclawing long-distance Riddler trophies). Come to think of it, the entire Riddler challenge seems poorly explained. I haven't had the opportunity yet to scan a riddle/question mark yet. I've just been collecting trophies. I haven't directly been in contact with the riddler yet at all around 5 hours in.

Dan said:
I'm intimidated by the amount of stuff to do in this game. There's just so much being thrown at me at all times.

Agreed. Games with this much content/abilites/maneuvers/etc always intimidate me. That's why I lasted 2 hours in Deus Ex.

Just put up my Iceberg Lounge code on eBay. Still got my The Dark Knight Returns skin I'm willing to trade to someone. Xbox360 version.

Just completed all the AR exercises! Whoo!

SHIT. you are not gonna believe this. Got the game for my PS3 instead of my Xbox, start it up, it starts up great. I go to put in the download code for the extra content, and it says that I need do a system update before I can go on the playstation store. So fine, I do a system update and and start the game back up again. Suddenly, the frame rate on the game craps out and the PS3 crashes. Now it won't start back up and it won't eject the game. Just got off the phone with customer support, it's gonna cost me $100 to fix the damn thing and get my game back!! FUUUUU!!!!

hamchan

shadyspace said:
What's this super useful thing you get for completing the first four AR missions that everybody keeps going on about?

Grapple upgrade which increases how fast you zoom to a location. Pretty important item I think since it makes travelling much faster.

Sinthetic

JimtotheHum said:
SHIT. you are not gonna believe this. Got the game for my PS3 instead of my Xbox, start it up, it starts up great. I go to put in the download code for the extra content, and it says that I need do a system update before I can go on the playstation store. So fine, I do a system update and and start the game back up again. Suddenly, the frame rate on the game craps out and the PS3 crashes. Now it won't start back up and it won't eject the game. Just got off the phone with customer support, it's gonna cost me $100 to fix the damn thing and get my game back!! FUUUUU!!!!

Holy that sucks ass Batman!

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Downloading all the add ons now. Look at this sexy collector's edition.

UYI6u.jpg

cacophony said:
How do you unlock challenge rooms? I only have 2 right now (1 predator, 1 regular)
Riddler challenges unlock them. Sadly I don't think there is a guide on which ones unlock them and since there are 400 in the game, many of which that require you to be progressed in the story, it will take a while to unlock them all.

The Antitype said:
How in the name of god do you get back into the Steel Mill for the Titan container?
I'm figuring out the same thing right now.

Edit: Found the answer!
The door is around back of the steel mill. The bottom right of the steel mill. The titan container is on your left when you go through the door.

Jintor

krameriffic said:
Absolutely true. There are so many mechanics, so many riddles, so many sidequests. Every predator room has so many secret routes, the combat has so many options, the movement can flow so well, but at the same time it's fairly active to do it properly. Part of this is the fact that you actually start with about 5 gadgets left over from AA, so they don't give you a proper explanation of their new uses (things like batclawing long-distance Riddler trophies). Come to think of it, the entire Riddler challenge seems poorly explained. I haven't had the opportunity yet to scan a riddle/question mark yet. I've just been collecting trophies. I haven't directly been in contact with the riddler yet at all around 5 hours in.

He pretty much puts the Batsignal out for you about 3 or 4 hours in.

Jintor

VindictiveGnome said:
I'm figuring out the same thing right now.

Edit: Found the answer! Don't know how to do the spoiler thing.

use [ spoiler ] [/ spoiler ] (without the spaces obviously) and dump the text in between the tags.

SmithnCo

Reluctant-Hero said:
Damn, that's absurd. Do people not know that it'll be released to general public within the next month?!

lol, same thing happened with the MK costume codes. I should have sold mine and bought it off the store when they put it up.

Proposed Law said:
Advance AR training was a pain in the ass. Glad I beat it though, they would have bugged me all game.
Yes. I promised myself that that shit would not beat me, no matter how irritating and finnicky the controls.

Zeliard

Just rented the PS3 version, excited to jump in. Will probably buy the PC version later on. I would have bought it today had it actually been released on time.

Batman + open world = I'm so fucking there

The Felo

Neo Member
About to pop this baby in, expecting to be totally blown away.

BTW, I have an extra Sinestro Corps Skin code if anyone wants to trade for it.

I would like to meet the man who decided that you should have to manually select, equip, and detonate any plastic explosive mines you lay during combat.

Honestly, that's a very SPECIAL human being.

Jintor

The Antitype said:
I would like to meet the man who decided that you should have to manually select, equip, and detonate any plastic explosive mines you lay during combat.

Honestly, that's a very SPECIAL human being.

Quickfire plastic explosives is LT + x.

You're welcome.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
So is there any difficulty achievements? If not, I'm starting on Normal.

Top Bottom