• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Zeliard said:
What about the natural achievement of beating a game on a harder difficulty? :p
I need more rewards than bragging rights.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
13% story in, stuck.

I'm i the subway tunnel and I'm going after the last disrupter for my signal. The subway car is blocking my way, and there is a fuck ton of rooms down here that lead nowhere (but I found a lot of Riddler trophies, so that's aight I guess). I keep running in circles, it doesn't make sense. The area closest to the disrupter (130m) is completely blocked off, no nothing around it.

Gonna do some combat rooms til I'm helped out.

malfcn

VindictiveGnome said:
I contacted Amazon and they gave me $12 refund for the missing collectible cards. Maybe I should contact WB games too. Let me know how your situation turns out.

What did you say? Were there some magical phrase? I got d/c and was going to try again.

malfcn said:
What did you say? Were there some magical phrase? I got d/c and was going to try again.
The rep offered for me to return the game for a full refund. I declined and asked to keep the game with a full refund. Rep said she can give me a partial refund (I was expecting $20/$30) and rep said $12. I accepted.

SpeedingUptoStop

My favorite thing in the challenge rooms is when you smash a guy's skull nto the ground and his body gets all twitchy and shit from the ragdol physics.

Batman just straight up handicapped a guy!

overcast

Just played this game for 4 hours straight.. and..
XFb29.gif

malfcn

VindictiveGnome said:
The rep offered for me to return the game for a full refund. I declined and asked to keep the game with a full refund. Rep said she can give me a partial refund (I was expecting $20/$30) and rep said $12. I accepted.

Wow, game and refund was ballsy, but well played.

Jintor

SpeedingUptoStop said:
13% story in, stuck.

I'm i the subway tunnel and I'm going after the last disrupter for my signal. The subway car is blocking my way, and there is a fuck ton of rooms down here that lead nowhere (but I found a lot of Riddler trophies, so that's aight I guess). I keep running in circles, it doesn't make sense. The area closest to the disrupter (130m) is completely blocked off, no nothing around it.

Gonna do some combat rooms til I'm helped out.

I'm guessing you need to either go up above some subway cars or slide under something. The last disruptor is in a predator room. I don't recall having any difficulties getting there, so you're probably just overlooking something.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Stuck on a side mission:

How do I trace the 2nd Deadshot sniper shot? The trace just ends in mid-air for no reason.

Jintor

BY2K said:
Stuck on a side mission:

How do I trace the 2nd Deadshot sniper shot? The trace just ends in mid-air for no reason.

The evidence you're looking for is on the balcony behind you. The line is the angle of the shot and doesn't terminate where the shot was taken from, but a little bit beyond it.

Chiggs

Gold Member
PSN is such a worthless piece of shit. This Catwoman download is taking forever. I swear, I intentionally bought the console version because of all the botched PC releases in the past month, and now I get to spend a week waiting for this "massive" 221mb patch.

There's just no winning!

GeoramA

Chiggs said:
PSN is such a worthless piece of shit. This Catwoman download is taking forever. I swear, I intentionally bought the console version because of all the botched PC releases in the past month, and now I get to spend a week waiting for this "massive" 221mb patch.

There's just no winning!
Downloaded mine about 5 hours ago. Went super fast.

malfcn

One of the few not disc-locked-content tokens. I was in awe too.

Now I feel like an ass. Got the Collector's for $45. Maybe I should have tried more?

krameriffic said:
Yes. I promised myself that that shit would not beat me, no matter how irritating and finnicky the controls.
I'm currently stuck on the 2 set and it's frustrating as hell but I will conquer them!!!

overcast

GeoramA said:
This game is so fucking good. I'm just in awe.

Can't believe the level of detail that went into this...
I know. It is seriously so great. This game is just a joy to play, through and through.

Hats off to Rocksteady.

Fjordson

Kyoufu said:
I see a collector's edition with DLC stuff and I see a steelbook edition. Do they both come with all the DLC?
The only DLC that's actually meaningful is the Catwoman stuff and that comes with all new copies. Everything else is superfluous. I'd pick it up, especially if you have any interest in Batman.

Kyoufu

Fjordson said:
The only DLC that's actually meaningful is the Catwoman stuff and that comes with all new copies. Everything else is superfluous. I'd pick it up, especially if you have any interest in Batman.

Fuuuuck, now I see a Robin edition SKU. I hate this shit.

Fjordson

Kyoufu said:
Fuuuuck, now I see a Robin edition SKU. I hate this shit.
It is annoying, but not worth worrying about in my opinion. That stuff has literally zero presence in the actual main game. It's just a different looking character for the challenge maps.

LProtag

I'm kinda bad at this game, haha.

Especially when the enemies have guns.

I guess I still don't really have the flow of combat down either.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I played for a huge chunk of time today, figured I had done a lot of it. 13% completion. Goddamn. This game is phenomenal. I'm currently in the museum
in the room with the thin ice and the shark.
That caught me totally off guard.

~Kinggi~

Banned
got damn there is so much to do here. The city is also one of the most gorgeous ive ever seen in a game. So much atmosphere!

Best game so far this year.

SpeedingUptoStop

InsertNameHere said:
I'm kinda bad at this game, haha.

Especially when the enemies have guns.

I guess I still don't really have the flow of combat down either.
TBH, challenge rooms reak too much havoc on my nerves, I'm the type of dude who just picks a dude off, which alerts all the guards, then disappears into the shadows until they dissipate. Takes forever, lol.

Kud Dukan

Holy shit, what an incredible opening. Wasn't expecting anything like that at all. Everything about this game just feels perfect. One question I have though, how to you instantly flow from grappling up towards a ledge to gliding? Maybe a missed a tip somewhere, but I can't figure it out.

This game is so fucking good.

Iceberg Lounge spoiler:
I laughed out loud (in a good way) when Batman got eaten by a god damn shark. I love this game.

789shadow

Banned
Kud Dukan said:
Holy shit, what an incredible opening. Wasn't expecting anything like that at all. Everything about this game just feels perfect. One question I have though, how to you instantly flow from grappling up towards a ledge to gliding? Maybe a missed a tip somewhere, but I can't figure it out.
While doing so, press A, then hold A.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Kud Dukan said:
Very mild, early game spoiler. Most people probably won't mind but I thought I'd be safe and tag it.
Complete the first 4 AR training challenges and you get an upgrade that lets you do it.

SpeedingUptoStop

Quick question, thugs you beat up & disable through the city, just because they're there, are they randomly placed or when you take them out you've officially "cleared" that area?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This game is just so good... wow.

I was supposed to be writing a paper today. Guess what didn't happen. AC just melted my entire day away and I didn't even realize it. Looked out the window and it was dark. lol

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Quick question, thugs you beat up & disable through the city, just because they're there, are they randomly placed or when you take them out you've officially "cleared" that area?

One of the minor complaints about AA was that thugs would never respawn after you cleared an area, and it kind of hurt replay value a little bit.

Looks like they changed it for AC... and it's an open world game... makes sense to keep the world full of combat opportunities.

Kud Dukan said:
It's an unlock. You have to (non-story spoiler)
Beat the first 4 augmented reality challenges.

Once you have it you just double-tap and hold A while you're grappling.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
SpeedingUptoStop said:
I think they respawn in the same places unless they're scripted to show up others. Only Riddler informants don't come back and that's only after you've interrogated them.

Top Bottom