• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Stuck in the "Ice" part of the game. About 3 or 4 hours in.

Basically, I'm in the museum and there is 2 frozen police officers and I have to save them. But, there is also a shark in the water. How do I save them?

I just can't figure it out.

malfcn

I played AA on Normal and blew through it not too bad. Forgot all the combat and have been getting killed over and over again in AC on hard. Love it, but dayamn.

Also, Collector's for $45 is teh win.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Deadly Joker said:
Stuck in the "Ice" part of the game. About 3 or 4 hours in.

Basically, I'm in the museum and there is 2 frozen police officers and I have to save them. But, there is also a shark in the water. How do I save them?

I just can't figure it out.

walk slow on the ice and use the raft + grapple to reach the officers.

Kud Dukan

RoboPlato said:
Very mild, early game spoiler. Most people probably won't mind but I thought I'd be safe and tag it.
Complete the first 4 AR training challenges and you get an upgrade that lets you do it.

Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I wish i didnt have to work tomorrow :(

Anyways I hate the Long Halloween Catwoman costume, Rocksteady should have used the Batman Returns Catwoman leather stitched costume.

I wish i could find or get more Batman unlock codes. :(

Evolved1

Deadly Joker said:
Oh, ok. I just didn't realize that it was a
raft

There are actually two. Use detective vision, they stick out like a sore thumb. Don't jump
while on the ice. Pull the raft close enough and you can just step onto it.

Az

Just put in about 4 hours straight, I couldn't stop myself. Have to go to bed I am working early tomorrow.

Got to about 25% of the story and just finished with
Penguin, on my way to find Ra's Al Ghul's body by following that girl

lush

neojubei said:

Anyways I hate the Long Halloween Catwoman costume, Rocksteady should have used the Batman Returns Catwoman leather stitched costume.

Yeah, wish we didn't have to wait a month or two to purchase the preorder DLC. I'm assuming it's some kind of contractual obligation with the different retails for timed exclusivity? This is probably the only time I'd actually purchase skins like this. I really wish they'd add more B:TAS skins.

neojubei

lush said:
Yeah, wish we didn't have to wait a month or two to purchase the preorder DLC. I'm assuming it's some kind of contractual obligation with the different retails for timed exclusivity? This is probably the only time I'd actually purchase skins like this. I really wish they'd add more B:TAS skins.

Yeah i feel the same. I wish i could get the blue cap and cowl batman.

Makes me wonder if NOs energy drink is offering the batman beyond skin what other companies are providing dlc codes.

Evolved1

TheAzRim said:
Just put in about 4 hours straight, I couldn't stop myself. Have to go to bed I am working early tomorrow.

Got to about 25% of the story and just finished with
Penguin, on my way to find Ra's Al Ghul's body by following that girl

We are about the same spot... had to break for sleep. Can't play again until my paper is done though. This sucks!

malfcn said:
I played AA on Normal and blew through it not too bad. Forgot all the combat and have been getting killed over and over again in AC on hard. Love it, but dayamn.

Also, Collector's for $45 is teh win.
Amazon give you a partial refund? Mine was $48. All gift card. The refund was just $12 added to my gift card balance.

neojubei

newsguy said:
Where in the menu do I activate the 70's skin? I downloaded it but can't find how to equip it.

It won't be unlocked in story mode until you beat it. You can use it in the challenge maps however i think u have to progress a bit into the main game before you have access to it.

neojubei said:

Ew no, keep your Tim Burton out of my Batman.

Socreges

Banned
Question about ARKHAM ASYLUM.

Is there any point to exploring the environment outside of the linear paths? Are there items to find? Secret paths? Can all of this be easily identified by going holding L2/LT to scan the area?

Just wanting to know what kind of game this is, I guess. I haven't found any reason to not just tear through the game linearly. Thank you.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Socreges said:
Question about ARKHAM ASYLUM.

Is there any point to exploring the environment outside of the linear paths? Are there items to find? Secret paths? Can all of this be easily identified by going holding L2/LT to scan the area?

Just wanting to know what kind of game this is, I guess. I haven't found any reason to not just tear through the game linearly. Thank you.
There are a lot of the Riddler puzzles scattered around and you have to do a decent amount of exploring to figure out how to progress at times. It's a very Metroidvania-esque game.

neojubei

Square Triangle said:
Ew no, keep your Tim Burton out of my Batman.

Batman Returns was good and Catwoman had a sexy sweet costume in it. I just cannot stand the long Halloween costume. she looks like she has rat ears.

M.W.

Bought the 360 version, installed it. Anyone else having a problem playing from the install? It worked this afternoon but once I just tried to fire it up again it just goes black and I have to turn off my system. Is this a common issue with installed games and this new disc format or something? I've never had an issue with this before.

WoW.....so I am finally on the first real catwoman mission and
they let you actually roam the city with her? Fucking awesome! Seriously...for replay value, once you beat the game they should let you play these other characters thru the main campaign...like with Catwoman, robin, or Joker, etc. that would be sick!

RPGCrazied

Played all day off/on. I probably got 7hours on the clock, 12% story done. Sometimes I wish the PS3 would allow you to install your games. I don't want the drive to be going all day, oh well.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I just finished the whole part involving
the League of Assassins and Ra's al Ghul

mother-of-god-super-trsuhl.jpg

I was left speechless at the end of all that. I knew of a lot of the villains going in, even
Talia al Ghul
, but I was not expecting
Ra's al Ghul and the League
to show up.

It was easily better than any single part in AA, even the Scarecrow sequences. I loved the lead up where
Batman was dying
. The game even kept his reasoning for going there hidden until you reach your destination. And once you started the
Demon trials
, it got so damn beautiful. I won't describe it, but suffice to say you will understand why once you reach it. The boss battle at the end was handled very well, and was better than all the bosses in AA combined. The whole segment was definitely a high point of the game for me.

To anyone who has yet to get here, I would suggest getting Blade Takedown beforehand. Trust me, it will be useful if you can perform it regularly.

Also, I got a pleasant surprise when I ran into
Killer Croc
in the tunnels. I knew he would show up, but the moment it happened caught me by surprise.

So far, I can easily say that this will be either my #1 or #2 GOTY for this year. It's competition is going to be Skyward Sword, so I will have to see how that pans out. (Skyrim would be in the running, but I won't get a chance to play it this year.)

Man, the quickfire commands can get confusing. So, just to clarify, what gadgets can be used mid-fight, i.e. they don't disrupt your free-flowin'?

Fjordson

Marcellus Wallace said:
Bought the 360 version, installed it. Anyone else having a problem playing from the install? It worked this afternoon but once I just tried to fire it up again it just goes black and I have to turn off my system. Is this a common issue with installed games and this new disc format or something? I've never had an issue with this before.
Been working great for me installed since this morning. You're not getting any audio or video? Total blackness?

zychi

Banned
Marcellus Wallace said:
yeah its the new xgd3 format. people have been having issues with forza 4 too. actually getting banned from live for it. its a really shitty security measure ms has, and its already been beaten. just restart your xbox until it loads up.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Also, I'm not even far into this, but the Alfred banter in this is great. I don't even remember him being featured all that much in AA, especially compared to this.

Fjordson

SpeedingUptoStop said:
The way Catwoman scales buildings is pretty damn neat, if a little less useful than Batman when you're freefalling.
Agreed. I'm liking the Catwoman sections a lot more than I thought I would.

Once you beat the game, they should seriously let you use play the bonus characters as the main character thru the main campaign. yea it would screw up cutscenes, but so what. it would be awesome to try to beat the game with different characters with different skill sets.

Jintor

Fixed2BeBroken said:
WoW.....so I am finally on the first real catwoman mission and
they let you actually roam the city with her? Fucking awesome! Seriously...for replay value, once you beat the game they should let you play these other characters thru the main campaign...like with Catwoman, robin, or Joker, etc. that would be sick!

You're going to be happy. sorry, I misunderstood.

mickcenary said:
Man, the quickfire commands can get confusing. So, just to clarify, what gadgets can be used mid-fight, i.e. they don't disrupt your free-flowin'?

Batarangs, grapple, plastic explosives,
ice grenades, electroshocker
. Can't remember if there was anything gadgetwise else.

Marcellus Wallace said:
Had this happen to me twice. Im using a 250GB slim.

Top Bottom