• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Duffyside said:
Ok, this game is very good. That said, the cross-talk is ATROCIOUS. Embarrassingly bad. It wouldn't be so awful if the subtitles at least stayed on screen, but nope. Joker is talking, oh wait no it's Harley, oh no it's both of them at the same time and I can't under-... holy shit, really, now the goons are talking too? WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?
I had some of that
really early on but I thought it was to create a more chaotic atmosphere in that specific area.
Haven't ran into it too badly since.

dankir

How the hell do you play the Catwoman missions first? I download the content and it says I have to play through the main story first. I've read that it makes sense to play all of Catwoman's story and then play the main Batman game.

Asides from the very scene where she robs the safe,I can't play Acts 2 , 3 or 4 without playing the main Arkham City storyline.

Am I just understanding this wrong and that I can't play all of Cat Woman's story first?

789shadow

Banned
Jintor said:
Dive bomb longer?
That's the whole fucking problem. You have to dive bomb through two hoops, and then the next hoop is exactly 180 degrees the opposite way you are facing, in a gap. Even if you get into it, you will ALWAYS HIT THE FUCKING FENCE.

GQman2121

Banned
I had some audio skipping issues (ps3 60 gig) very earlier on right after the courthouse segment when I would hold L1 and bring up the batclaw reticle. It hasn't happened since then, but its consistency was odd because I was clearly controlling it.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
dankir said:
How the hell do you play the Catwoman missions first? I download the content and it says I have to play through the main story first. I've read that it makes sense to play all of Catwoman's story and then play the main Batman game.

Asides from the very scene where she robs the safe,I can't play Acts 2 , 3 or 4 without playing the main Arkham City storyline.

Am I just understanding this wrong and that I can't play all of Cat Woman's story first?
The missions are interspersed throughout the main story. You unlock them as you play through the game.

Jintor

dankir said:

Yes, you're understanding it wrong. Continue the story.

8BitsAtATime said:
I traded in some stuff to get the CE, in total it cost me $5. I cant believe people are paying $10+ for skins on ebay.

I've seen Final Fantasy Dissidia character costume DLC go for almost $50 on ebay. It's truly, truly nutrageous.

RagnarokX

789shadow said:
That's the whole fucking problem. You have to dive bomb through two hoops, and then the next hoop is exactly 180 degrees the opposite way you are facing, in a gap. Even if you get into it, you will ALWAYS HIT THE FUCKING FENCE.
That one didnt take me long. Just spin while dive-bombing and then glide to victory.

dankir

OKay awesome, I got hooked into the combat challenges right away.

Freight Train combat challenge is tough, only hit about 25k my first time completing it, this fucking huge clown with one arm fuck him!

But man, free flow combat feels so good this time around.

Loved in Asylum, fucking love it in City.

ROCKSTEADY AM GOD.

M.W.

Fjordson said:
Been working great for me installed since this morning. You're not getting any audio or video? Total blackness?

I was getting total blackness. I just deleted then reinstalled. It's fine now. Weird.

The game has one of the greatest openings this gen. So amazing, and sets the mood perfectly.

I'm finding the game a little overwhelming so far in terms of moves and gadgets. I kind of
Hate having a lot of gadgets available at the start.

Jintor

dankir said:
OKay awesome, I got hooked into the combat challenges right away.

Freight Train combat challenge is tough, only hit about 25k my first time completing it, this fucking huge clown with one arm fuck him!

But man, free flow combat feels so good this time around.

Loved in Asylum, fucking love it in City.

ROCKSTEADY AM GOD.

Ice that sucka
. Leave him to last unless you're really confident about countering mid-pummel. He also ignores stun in most cases so it's generally best to just leave him for last.

JEKKI

maaaaan this game is confusing!!

I cant figure out how to get back inside of the Steel Mill so I can do sidequests!!

the original way I was able to get in
thru the chimney
is inaccessible now!!

:(

Jintor

JEKKI said:
maaaaan this game is confusing!!

I cant figure out how to get back inside of the Steel Mill so I can do sidequests!!

the original way I was able to get in
thru the chimney
is inaccessible now!!

:(

Follow the story, it leads you back there eventually.

Marcellus Wallace said:
Any tips to combat? Am I spamming the strike button too quickly? My combos suck.

It's a patience game. Don't spam the button, it's all about precise timing and counters.

hamchan

789shadow said:

I had to hook onto a building to gain extra height and turn around in that one heh.

overcast

So I saw a little easter egg type thing. Don't highlight, you will ruin an AWESOME moment.
I'm not too far in the game, just started Riddlers games. I was going through an alley when I cam across the spot where Bruce Wayne's parents died. Holy shit, that was incredible. Goosebumps

This game.

overcast said:
So I saw a little easter egg type thing. Don't highlight, you will ruin an AWESOME moment.
I'm not too far in the game, just started Riddlers games. I was going through an alley when I cam across the spot where Bruce Wayne's parents died. Holy shit, that was incredible. Goosebumps

This game.

Yea that happened to me too.

It was truly an amazing moment.

Salsa

oh man im fucking out of this thread

edit: i'll say this though:

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
So. Much. Nolan. North.

That is a worry for me. You probably mean on the "he's in all games!" sense, but it might sound silly but ive heard so much fucking dialogue in this game compared to the first one. And the worst part is that it comes in ways of one-liners and shit. Batman saying "THIS AINT GONNA BE PRETTY" cracking his knucles, what the fuck man, that's not Batman at all.

My only complaint with the game, other than this weird installed start up issue, is I'm using detective mode alot more than I should- just like Arkham Asylum.

789shadow

Banned
overcast said:

This game.
Tell me where this is. NOW.

RobbieNick

No one took the Catwoman code so it's free to anyone who PM's me.

Still have a Joker Challenge map code. Willing to trade for 70's Batman.

BTW, these are PS3 codes.

Since my dualshock had issues or whatever I just went ahead and got that batman controller and I gotta say it's actually really comfortable and I'm not noticing a lot of input lag that 3rd party controllers typically have sometimes.

But Yeah, this game is amazing and I fucking love playing as Catwoman.

overcast

789shadow said:
Tell me where this is. NOW.
I really can't tell you exactly where. I need to be looking at a map. It's relatively close to the church. Go to the back end of the church on the right side, go into the alleys right of that. Sorry if that wasn't clear lol.

overcast said:
I really can't tell you exactly where. I need to be looking at a map. It's relatively close to the church. Go to the back end of the church on the right side, go into the alleys right of that. Sorry if that wasn't clear lol.

It's close to the museum.

GavinGT

Banned
Grr, I can't solve this one Riddler puzzle. I just can't find the "dot" part of the question mark for the life of me. It's the one where the upper part of the question mark is written on the wall of a building, and there's water everywhere below it. There's a crane nearby that you can raise out of the water, and then use the batclaw to net a Riddler trophy from it.

Anyone find that pesky dot?

Luthos

My god, this is one of my favorite combat systems ever. (I've played AA of course, and it was already good, but this one is just a pure upgrade)

I'm not too far into the campaign, but I decided to play the one combat challenge I had unlocked. I've been replaying it over and over. I already easily got the 3 medals. And my high score was ranked 60th. But I can't stop replaying it. The freeflow transitions are so damn beautiful. They are seamless, even when you counter and do something else while another move is still being done.

And countering 3 dudes? I can't stop smiling when I do those crazy counters. Not to mention when I took down a dude by jumping off a wall and punching him.

And it's so damn satisfying when you finish a round with a perfect freeflow or whatever, a constant combo and not getting hit.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
neorej said:
Looks good. I pre-ordered at Gamemania here in Holland, I should get all three too. I'll get the Nightwing DLC as well. Fuck, I think I'll get every piece of DLC for this. I want WB to have my money.

I'll get the TAS skin now for 360 and all the other DLC like Robin and Nightwing later for PC.

Wait, was it confirmed that the PC version get's DLC too?

Top Bottom