• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Started on Hard, couldn't beat Two-Face fight =(

Started back on Normal and now doing fine.

Only complaint is that there is so much shit going on on the screen as far as text, notifications, pictures of radios, subtitles, etc. that it gets really cluttered and difficult to focus.

Great game, doe

Wow. What a shitty way to end my day...Important question...

Did anyone order from Wal-Mart online? Is the Arkham City game factory shrink-wrapped?

There was a huge mishap with FedEx (The driver may have stolen it.) and I ended up buying another copy so I can return the one, hopefully, being delivered within the week or never!
:(

EDIT: Nvm. Got my answer. Batmaaaaaaaaaan.

Bazhard

Banned
8BitsAtATime said:
I traded in some stuff to get the CE, in total it cost me $5. I cant believe people are paying $10+ for skins on ebay.
I can't believe people are exploiting the nos skins, people are actually paying upwards to 15-20 for it.

legend166

Hmm, looks like I'll be on my own in liking Asylum more than City.

I'm really, really enjoying City, but I just can't see it topping Asylum. I love that Metroid style structure way too much.

legend166 said:

I'm really, really enjoying City, but I just can't see it topping Asylum. I love that Metroid style structure way too much.

Yeah two games are similar and yet very different because of the way they approach story-telling, and something is missed in either approach. In a sense it really is like the differences between Batman Begins and TDK

legend166 said:

Yeah, I feel the sandbox nature gives us a lot of things to do, but it also loses the focus and pacing from Asylum. Its a great game, with a lot of improvements to the base gameplay, but its not something that totally outclasses Asylum. It does some things better, but some things worse.

malfcn

I love the combat, but still working out the kinks. Sometimes I will get to 20-30 combo, and then get my ass kicked and no be able to counter anything. It's weird.

This game man. Shit. I don't even care any more about all the other potential gold that's releasing in the next few weeks.

tumblr_loupu7bNGo1qzx87jo1_500.jpg

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
No achievement for playing Hard mode? Weird.

Is New Game + set to the same default difficulty initially chosen?

zychi

Banned
BigJiantRobut said:
Wait...

am I seriously missing out on two achievements because I didn't preorder at the right place to get

Robin?
No, you can get them in November. 22nd to be exact.

Brandon F said:

It's literally "continued" from the ending. It's not really +

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
BigJiantRobut said:
Wait...

am I seriously missing out on two achievements because I didn't preorder at the right place to get

Robin?

Pay for the DLC next month?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Omg at this cat woman mission

for giggles, I chose to leave AC, and it let me. Oh dark dark dark

leng jai

Games great besides the controls. I'm guessing they were pretty similar in AA which I never had a problem with but here its not clicking. The double tapping to dodge, the holding X to run and all the "quick moves" are really making me struggle. It doesn't help that the detective mode keeps activating by itself during combat for some reason.

Luthos

Why am I having trouble using detective mode to "take a picture" of a question mark?

The one in question is on the right side of the map. The giant squiggly is on a wall, and the dot is up on this little tower thing I'm standing on. It's perfectly aligned. And I keep trying to "click" it by holding down L2, but it keeps saying "no subject detected".

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
legend166 said:

Nah, I feel you. Sometimes less is more. Getting thrown into such a huge city crawling with shit to do everywhere is indeed very overwhelming, coming off of AA's comparatively focused campaign.

That said, give it time, I've been liking it more and more as I getter a better grasp on the city's landmarks and go through more of the main "dungeons".
Zeliard said:
Heh I'm digging that new Beat Down move.
In my mind, Bats is yelling "ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!!!" as he does it.

leng jai said:
Games great besides the controls. I'm guessing they were pretty similar in AA which I never had a problem with but here its not clicking. The double tapping to dodge, the holding X to run and all the "quick moves" are really making me struggle. It doesn't help that the detective mode keeps activating by itself during combat for some reason.

And I still can't figure out how to use smokes on command (besides when encountering enemies with the guns). Like the detective mode, it comes out randomly. Let me be a true Ninja....

BeautifulMemory said:
And I still can't figure out how to use smokes on command. Like the detective mode, it comes out randomly. Let me be a true Ninja....

You can hit left on the dpad twice to equip them and use them that way. I think there's also a quick attack button combination for them. Look on the Waynetech menu. It shows the button combos for every gadget.

What do you mean detective mode comes out randomly? You just tap the button. LB on 360, L2 on PS3?

Bazhard

Banned
Anyone else stuck on the last AR? its like you jump, dash down then float to 2 more? seems fucking impossible.

EDIT

go figure the second i complain how hard it is i beat it /shrug lol

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
How do you get back into the Steel Mill? The original route isn't appearing as an option.

Inferno313 said:
You can hit left on the dpad twice to equip them and use them that way. I think there's also a quick attack button combination for them. Look on the Waynetech menu. It shows the button combos for every gadget.

What do you mean detective mode comes out randomly? You just tap the button. LB on 360, L2 on PS3?

I will try tomorrow, but I tried equipping it but I wasn't able to just drop smokes off like I assumed I would be able to

And re: detective mode. Maybe it's with the smokes, but it would literally go on and off instantly during combat at times, which looked really cool except I don't know how to reproduce it.

Bazhard

Banned
black_vegeta said:
Are you talking about the first or second sets of AR training missions?
the grap boost, i got it.

also is there any way possible to get inside the
restriced area? the wonder tower? i have 2 cans left on this bane side mission and i cannot find a way in to this fucking place.

This game is so amazing. I got that warm fuzzy feeling as soon as the game opened up and you could soar around the city. I haven't got that feeling in a long time.

Got done all the AR missions, more than halfway through the payphone calls and I'm at 12% in the story. This game combined with some 4 player Ratchet made this a great gaming night.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Bazhard said:
the grap boost, i got it.

also is there any way possible to get inside the
restriced area? the wonder tower? i have 2 cans left on this bane side mission and i cannot find a way in to this fucking place.

They're underground. You should find them as you progress through the story missions.

Kyoufu

I placed my order. I have a feeling I'm going to regret spending full price on what will probably be a 20 hour game. Either way, it looks pretty rad.

GavinGT

Banned
I feel strongly inclined to 100% this game. I enjoy practically every challenge it sets for me.

Bazhard said:
I fucking dread getting to that part, can you spoil
how many times i will encounter this shark? i really don't feel like having a heart attack while playing, from what i seen you don't have to worry about it if you tip toe on the ice, but when your doing the raft thing it tries to eat it? is that it?

Also for people who are really far or beaten what is this
T-Rex stuff all about? is there an actual t-rex that is going to make me shit my pants?

why can't i just have a goddamn normal game without scary creatures? is it too much to ask for? like that zombie/yeti monster shit in UC/UC2.. I JUST WANT TO PLAY A GAME AND NOT BE SCARED

Didn't AA also use music from the movies? or am i crazy?

T-Rex is an animatronic museum exhibit, shark tries to eat your boat only once if you don't fall in the water.

played maybe an hour or so. not liking the game as much as AA at this point. too much shit going on and all these side quests and other stuff. don't like the open world style as much as i did the straight forward adventure of AA but maybe i just need more time with it

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Square Triangle said:
Hey Rocksteady, my 360 keeps freezing after I start the installed game.

Fix this shit Guerilla.

Hey Square Triangle,

you're gaming on a dying machine.

And thank you for playing Killzone.

BeautifulMemory said:
I will try tomorrow, but I tried equipping it but I wasn't able to just drop smokes off like I assumed I would be able to

And re: detective mode. Maybe it's with the smokes, but it would literally go on and off instantly during combat at times, which looked really cool except I don't know how to reproduce it.

I think it is the smokes. When you're in a smoke cloud it automatically turns on so you can see through it, and then disables when you exit the cloud.

Played about two hours and shut it off after
The confrontation with Joker leads on the trail to Freeze.
God I wish I had the day off tomorrow to play more. So fucking good. Arkham City is such a cool ass place, reminds me of Bioshock when I first played it. Just amazing atmosphere. Also, Catwoman is awesome as hell, I love the animations for her, and the way she leaps off buildings and whips around is cool as hell.

hamchan

Brandon F said:

No, it's set to hard difficulty. It's probably harder than hard though because they throw harder enemies at you from the start.

-------

Anyways I've now beaten all the sidemissions except for the Riddler stuff, which will probably take me a very long to complete. I hope they have some non-challenge map DLC coming, because I want to keep playing more of this game.

Duffyside

Banned
Ok, this game is very good. That said, the cross-talk is ATROCIOUS. Embarrassingly bad. It wouldn't be so awful if the subtitles at least stayed on screen, but nope. Joker is talking, oh wait no it's Harley, oh no it's both of them at the same time and I can't under-... holy shit, really, now the goons are talking too? WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?

Top Bottom