• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Epyon MX said:
As a reminder to everyone, you can get the Batman Beyond skin by buying (not drinking) one can of NOS.

I'm glad it's only one, not something random draw thing. And just remember, you don't have to drink it. :p
The cape pops out of nowhere. Love it! I tried my first NOS yesterday. Not half bad. Will never drink one again, though.

Nori Chan

AEREC said:
That would be a bummer...was looking forward to using Catwoman's "Long Halloween" skin in campaign...its practically a nude skin =p
dat ass

And they're probably going to have nude mods when the pc version comes out lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It's a real pity they decided to make Catwoman the second playable character in the campaign. Considering Robin and Nightwing are in the challenge maps, I would have much rather play as them.

JohngPR

Syrak said:
I just tried that advanced Augmented Reality (4 or 5) where you fly down through a tunnel just over the water like 15 times in a row. I, apparently, am not good at flying.

The trick is to
let go of the dive button a half second before you pull down to float up.

AEREC

Noriega said:
dat ass

And they're probably going to have nude mods when the pc version comes out lol

They'll have thier work cut out for them...all they have to do is change the color and add some nips.

FStop7

Banned
So Robin and the train challenge map are Best Buy exclusive? I assume at some point the map and character will go up for purchase for everyone?

This DLC stuff just bugs the fuck out of me.

Ground pound has been nerfed. It takes forever to perform and it is harder to counter out of it. I keep making a mistake and doing accidental ground pounds (mostly do to my wires getting crossed on performing a batclaw).

90% of the times I take damage or die is because I've been animation locked during a ground pound. That is REALLY frustrating. Why can't I just break out of the animation if I see someone getting close to me?

VindictiveGnome said:
Yeah, AA didn't have those shortcuts. I think all you did was double tap left trigger for batarang (still an option in AC) or double tap right trigger to use batclaw.
Hmm.

Double tap RB was better. :-\

Raxus

789shadow said:
Okay, I have no idea what to do with these Riddler pressure plates. No fucking clue. Help?
Each has an effect on the environment. It either activates Riddler lights, lowers a gate, etc. It is usually part one of a puzzle.

789shadow

Banned
Raxus said:
Each has an effect on the environment. It either activates Riddler lights, lowers a gate, etc. It is usually part one of a puzzle.
I'm here with 3 of them, and they don't do anything but light up corresponding lights around the trophy.

Raxus

789shadow said:
I'm here with 3 of them, and they don't do anything but light up corresponding lights around the trophy.
I didn't figure that one out either. If I had to guess
you need the freeze gun to activate the other plates

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
FStop7 said:
So Robin and the train challenge map are Best Buy exclusive? I assume at some point the map and character will go up for purchase for everyone?

This DLC stuff just bugs the fuck out of me.

It bothers me too... and probably always will... but I'd be bothered a little less if I could at least buy it upon release of the game.

So yeah, preorder people can still have their perk for free, but at least I can have it too (even if I'm paying for it) without having to preorder and buy multiple copies of the game from multiple outlets. Being locked out of stuff because I choose the closest store instead of the one across town (even when I'm willing to pay for this shit) is infuriating.

Chances are I won't buy it later. I'm playing AC now, there are other titles on the horizon. So, whatever... lost opportunity for the dev. I'm not coming back a month later to buy some DLC skins after I've moved on from the game.

edit: hours everyday on the internet and I still can't type for shit. :/

Buckethead said:
I meant RT which was Quick Batclaw.
Oh my bad. I like the new shortcuts. I felt double tapping the trigger didn't always work. There is just so much travel in the triggers and pressing a trigger twice takes longer than pressing LT + a button. It just takes a minute to remember which weapon goes with which face button.

Edit: I just had a helicopter's spotlight on me while I was fighting thugs in the street. Knocked everyone out and the pilot said, "Batman wins." Not sure why, but I think that's hilarious.

The Antitype said:
God, from thinking over clues and analyzing scenes with detective vision to fucking stepping on pressure plates.

Rocksteady took the joy of the Riddler challenges, killed it, and fucked the corpse.
I was thinking that too. I enjoyed looking for them before, and I see the ones in AC, and I'm kind of like "uh... do I care about this?" I don't want to do fucking pressure puzzles.

So wait, technically the PS3 version has exclusive DLC again. The Sinestro Corps. Skin included with the blu-ray copies of Green Lantern only work with the PS3 versions.
Lame, i hate missing out on anything. Had I known that I would have gotten the PS3 version. I hate this shit.

SamuraiX-

Epyon MX said:
As a reminder to everyone, you can get the Batman Beyond skin by buying (not drinking) one can of NOS.

I'm glad it's only one, not something random draw thing. And just remember, you don't have to drink it. :p

Whoa! Fuck yeah! Never heard about this.

Is it possible to just steal a code off a can or do I actually have to buy it? :-/

You can call me cheap or whatever, but I just rather not throw away the whole can without drinking anything and be wasteful.

Carbonox

VindictiveGnome said:
The cape pops out of nowhere. Love it! I tried my first NOS yesterday. Not half bad. Will never drink one again, though.

The cape pops out of nowhere? As in Batman's normal cape or...dare I ask...Batman's red wings from Batman Beyond?

If the former, that's...kind of odd. If the latter, FUCKING BADASS BIATCH.

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
The cape pops out of nowhere? As in Batman's normal cape or...dare I ask...Batman's red wings from Batman Beyond?

If the former, that's...kind of odd. If the latter, FUCKING BADASS BIATCH.
Batman's red wings sir! It is badass! Cape, wings, same thing.

Curufinwe

Still waiting on my copy since I got FSSS from Amazon. I wasn't in a huge rush since I still have 12 colossi to defeat, but I hope it arrives by Saturday.

gray_fox224

DCX said:
Anyone get the combo pack at Wal-Mart?

DCX
I did. The Arkham City disc had a finger print on it. No biggie though, but very odd. You get the games already unwrapped with the "not for individual sale" sticker over the bar code.

I've been skimming the thread the past few days, and I haven't seen anybody mention it, but sorry if you guys have gone over this already:

Is anybody getting perfect timings on these Catwoman jumps? I can't seem to hit 'em consistently.

So, I'm stuck! I'm at
The museum when you're going after Penguin to get to Mr. Freeze. I just finished the big fight when you first encounter the titans. I don't know what to do now.

Buckethead said:
Damnit accidentally picked up a Riddler Trophy

Why're you trying not to pick'em up? Achievement?

Raxus

Sleeplessnights said:
So, I'm stuck! I'm at
The museum when you're going after Penguin to get to Mr. Freeze. I just finished the big fight when you first encounter the titans. I don't know what to do now.
Remote controlled batarang to a button on the left side of the room. There is a button there.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Square Triangle said:
So wait, technically the PS3 version has exclusive DLC again. The Sinestro Corps. Skin included with the blu-ray copies of Green Lantern only work with the PS3 versions.
Lame, i hate missing out on anything. Had I known that I would have gotten the PS3 version. I hate this shit.

I'd mind if it was the Frank Miller skin or classic Blue and Gray duds, but that Sinestro suit is beyond lame. They could throw it up for free, and I wouldn't want to waste the space on my HDD for it.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
ShinUltramanJ said:
I'd mind if it was the Frank Miller skin or classic Blue and Gray duds, but that Sinestro suit is beyond lame. They could throw it up for free, and I wouldn't want to waste the space on my HDD for it.

you and me both. Lame movie Lame DLC.

DrBo42

LosDaddie said:
yeah, I need to stop reading this thread, or I'm going to switch my Uncharted 3 pre-order and get this game.
Chances are you'd get more value out of it. Unless you actually like the Uncharted multiplayer.

BruiserBear said:
Is it true that if you don't download the Cat Woman DLC, the game doesn't begin the exact same way for you?

Yeah, there's no possible way it could start the same way if you don't have the Catwoman DLC, because
in the first scene of the game, you get to play as Catwoman.

Petrie

Banned
Looking For a little help:
I'm stuck at the part where Penguin freezes the 3 cops. There is a raft, and another raft hanging, with a shark in the water. Cannot figure out what to do.

Carbonox

VindictiveGnome said:
Batman's red wings sir! It is badass! Cape, wings, same thing.

Sorry, I meant, when you glide with this skin, does his red wings pop out like this:

RjACP.jpg

Or does the standard Batman cape pop out (which obviously isn't part of the Batman Beyond character).

TangoAlphaLima said:
Yeah, there's no possible way it could start the same way if you don't have the Catwoman DLC, because
in the first scene of the game, you get to play as Catwoman.
My feelings on this are mixed. I feel like
the opening would be a lot better if it just launched straight into the Bruce Wayne bit, even though I understand that there's nowhere else to put that particular Catwoman scene if you want to preserve the pacing of the opening.

Raxus

Petrie said:
Looking For a little help:
I'm stuck at the part where Penguin freezes the 3 cops. There is a raft, and another raft hanging, with a shark in the water. Cannot figure out what to do.
Cut down the hanging raft with a batarang Use the batclaw to drag the raft to you, step on the raft. Use the batclaw to navigate the raft.

LosDaddie

Banned
DrBo42 said:
Chances are you'd get more value out of it. Unless you actually like the Uncharted multiplayer.

It was OK in UC2, but I wasn't planning on playing it much. Gears3 is my TPS-fix for now / rest of the year, and I try to only play one online MP shooter at a time.

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
Sorry, I meant, when you glide with this skin, does his red wings pop out like this:

RjACP.jpg

Or does the standard Batman cape pop out (which obviously isn't part of the Batman Beyond character).
Yeah, that's what I meant. The black/red wings. They are more wings, than cape.

Top Bottom