• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Just beat the game.....sooo good. Definitely going to run through it again NG+ and go after everything. Also, playing as Catwoman is just so awesome.

hamchan said:
I don't really care if you think the game is good or not, it's just that the "too much to do" complaint doesn't seem very legitimate to me because I don't see that as a negative at all, and all of it is optional too.

No, you want your hand to be held and told what to do and guided through all your experiences, freedom of choice? Pfft who wants that? Way too difficult to make a decision. Rather just be a follower. Yea!

Quick question.
After I beat the game can I still roam around Arkham City or does it have a final ending like Fallout 3 where it's game over when your done?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Sinthetic

Pictures don't do this thing any justice. It's stunning, packed with a clear plastic slipcase.

2zzkbxs.jpg

The blooded parts are embossed! ;D

overcast

Truant said:
How does the 360 version look? Honestly. I'm seriously considering getting it tomorrow.

I'm currently replaying AA on Steam and it's pretty sharp maxed out at 1080p. I don't want to wait a month :(
I think it looks fantastic, but those PC videos look incredible. You can survive a month without this phenomenal game.

Nemesis_

So I think my game has glitched =/

This is following the first "major" villain battle and being given the task to follow a certain trail....

So I've been following the blood, supposedly to Ra's Al Ghul but eventuallly I got a fence. Climbed over it and spoke to some random NPC who was actually related to the identity theft quest. The game was like PROGRESS MADE on SIDE QUEST or something and now the blood trail has vanished.

I heard somewhere that you just grappel up to the roof and a chase scene ensues, but that hasn't happened.

Has making progress on a side quest during a main quest mission blocked my progress? I'm a bit worried since I have no idea what to do now =/

koene

Sinthetic said:
Pictures don't do this thing any justice. It's stunning, packed with a clear plastic slipcase.

2zzkbxs.jpg

The blooded parts are embossed! ;D

Wow, that looks really great. Can't wait to get mine in my hands when I get home.

Nose Master

I always end up just randomly bat zipping around the city for an hour after some mainline plot stuff. Gonna take me 50 hours at this rate :mad:

leng jai

Sinthetic said:
It's about 100 times better without the crappy 5MP picture. You are in for a treat!

The only problem is that they all seem to be blemished in some way, even straight out of the shrink wrap. My OCD can't looking at all the little blemishes on the metal.

Spirit3

Help! The game will not initiate the first story driven interrogation. No matter how I go about clearing the room to trigger the sequence the final (fifth) enemy locks up and basically becomes a statue.

Kyoufu

Does the combat ever improve? Right now its mindless mashing of Square plus Triangle during visual cues to counter.

Please tell me there is more to combat than this.

hamchan

Kyoufu said:
Does the combat ever improve? Right now its mindless mashing of Square plus Triangle during visual cues to counter.

There's also caping dudes with shields and jumping over other dudes with electric prods (lol). Also if you time your Square pushes you get critical hits and 2x multiplier, but if you don't play the combat challenges then the multiplier doesn't matter I guess...

Yes, the combat is quite shallow.

M
Kyoufu said:

Yea its alot deeper than the original cause ul get different.type.of enemies mixed in eith the normal and you will unlock other abilities to give you more.options as well.

Fyi the multiplier helps when dealing with multiple enemies to get access to your other moves

Nemesis_

Nemesis556 said:
So I think my game has glitched =/

This is following the first "major" villain battle and being given the task to follow a certain trail....

So I've been following the blood, supposedly to Ra's Al Ghul but eventuallly I got a fence. Climbed over it and spoke to some random NPC who was actually related to the identity theft quest. The game was like PROGRESS MADE on SIDE QUEST or something and now the blood trail has vanished.

I heard somewhere that you just grappel up to the roof and a chase scene ensues, but that hasn't happened.

Has making progress on a side quest during a main quest mission blocked my progress? I'm a bit worried since I have no idea what to do now =/

Spirit3 said:
Help! The game will not initiate the first story driven interrogation. No matter how I go about clearing the room to trigger the sequence the final (fifth) enemy locks up and basically becomes a statue.

HALP

Mr. Sam

Did any other BritGAFers receive their copy this morning? I was reluctant to preorder from Gamestop and was worried that I might actually get my copy late. Surprised that, even though I got the standard edition, I get a key ring and access to the Gotham City Impostors beta. How nice!

sSfFxl.jpg

wZjlxl.jpg

My copy arrived this morning, despite playing the previous game I feel overwhelmed at the potential combat options, actually i'm pretty overwhelmed in general in a good way.

Just started the game on PS3. Niiiice.
Looks great by the way. Cutscenes too.

The only thing i don't like visually are the flickering shadows that we know from the unreal engine (especially in Mass Effect).

I had to get used to the controls a bit. But that's just a matter of an hour.

Deepack said:
Ok, about to buy this game.

Torn on which platform I should get it for. Played the original on PS3, because my 360 was on the fritz back then. Now I have the choice and going by the screenshot comparison made by The Lens Of Truth (http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-batman-arkham-city-screenshot-comparison/) it seems like the 360-version looks slightly sharper.

Any noticable tearing or framerate probs in any of the versions?

Also, ignorance is bliss.
I honestly think you'll be fine either way.
I did read that the cutscenes on the 360 version are very compressed.
I can only say those look fine on the ps3. Haven't played the 360 version though.
Not much tearing as far as i have noticed. If it did, it was not enough to bother me.

But controller preference seems key.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Interfectum said:
Can't wait till this trend takes hold.

Any game that doesn't get a 10/10 or 11/10 will be deemed a disappointment.
There needs to be a distinction between "L.A. Noire: 10/10", "CoD:Whatever: 10/10" and "Batman: AC 10/10"

Denzar

Thanks for the fast replies, guys.

Highly, and noticably compressed cutscenes are kind of a pet peeve of mine, and I found the PS3 controller to be perfect for Batman AA.

Think I'll get the PS3 version, all the multiplat action has been happening on my 360 lately, so I'll give my PS3 some love.

Thanks again!

JMizzlin

Picked up the Robin Limited Edition from JB HiFi today for $58 down from $90. Very pleased. Installing now.

Are we allowed to trade pre-order costume codes in here?

Jintor

hamchan said:
There's also caping dudes with shields and jumping over other dudes with electric prods (lol). Also if you time your Square pushes you get critical hits and 2x multiplier, but if you don't play the combat challenges then the multiplier doesn't matter I guess...

Yes, the combat is quite shallow.

The multiplier doesn't matter? What kind of gamer are you?!?!?! A 50+ hit combo is its own reward!

RPGCrazied

On those riddler pressure plates, wtf?
Like this one one the ground, and another is on the side of a wall. How are you suppose to get that?

hamchan

Jintor said:
The multiplier doesn't matter? What kind of gamer are you?!?!?! A 50+ hit combo is its own reward!

Pfft 50+ is weak. 100+ is where it's at.

RPGCrazied said:
On those riddler pressure plates, wtf?
Like this one one the ground, and another is on the side of a wall. How are you suppose to get that?

Jump off a building towards wall pressure plate, jump and glide off it onto ground plate.

BY2K

Membero Americo
neorej said:
Play the entire game with 1 long combo. Like a boss.

Strange: What is Batman doing?
Tyger Guard: I don't know, sir. He's just been throwing punches to everything that comes close to him without end. He leaps from building to building STILL throwing punches. He's unstoppable.
Batman: I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
BY2K said:
Tyger Guard: I don't know, sir. He's just been throwing punches to everything that comes close to him without end. He leaps from building to building STILL throwing punches. He's unstoppable.

:lol

Kyoufu

I wish the health system wasn't like this. If you have virtually no life left the only way to gain health back is to clear a group of enemies?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
BY2K said:

And thanks to you, I need to explain to tech-support why there is Coca Cola in my keyboard and on my monitor.

Jintor

Kyoufu said:
I wish the health system wasn't like this. If you have virtually no life left the only way to gain health back is to clear a group of enemies?

You shouldn't be getting touched in any case, dude.

Solo

Jintor said:
You shouldn't be getting touched in any case, dude.

Truth. Between counter and evade, I hypothesize that the game could be beaten by a really skilled player without ever taking a hit.

Top Bottom