• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

redhood56

Banned
I'm on the Riddlers revenge
Final exam and I can't access it yet. I need a gadget I don't have yet do I get in later in the story?

Toa TAK

Banned
I liked Scarecrow as an antagonist, but I think what detracted from him was sharing the screen with Arkham Knight. Both are fantastic, but it was hard to really buy into Scarecrow being a Hugo Strange 2.0 as there are stretches where the game doesn't mention him.

Got 100% on both regular and new game +.

CIiBGJjUkAAo1Q5.jpg:large

What am I missing?

Cindro

Argh, I'm stuck!

I'm at Panessa Studios -
right after taking out Harley's armed goons and descending the elevator. The room where the Joker infected are being held has a barred door blocking my entrance, and all I can do is take out the enemy with the riot shield before standing helplessly and watching through the bars as Robin gets attacked.

How do I open the door?

EDIT: WOW I'm an idiot

joeblow

Sorry if it has been mentioned, but I avoid reading game threads to avoid spoilers....

Is there an issue connecting to servers on this game (PS4 version)? It won't let me see the leaderboards or access AR missions.

Aside from the skins they also found villains that are most likely to show up in the season of infamy DLC. They are

Prometheus
Mad Hatter
Killer Croc
R'as Al Ghul
Mr Freeze
Black Mask

Really excited for
Prometheus

Nice to see
Prometheus
Between him,
Pyg, and Deacon Blackfire (Though I'm not the biggest fan of how they handled him),
it's nice to see them go for some of the lesser used villains.

I'm glad the DLC for the game is sounding decent enough so far. I just hope A Matter of Family doesn't suck as much as Harley Quinn's revenge did.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The batmobile challenges are really starting to suck more and more.

They are just very frustrating. I have no idea how the developers thought people could take on 40 drones when half the time in the battle is spend shooting down missiles. And they just bullrush you.

I have my batmobile up to maximum armor and fasted reload.

I guess I need to wait until I am upgraded to the highest.

Any tips? It seems like maybe it would help me if I understood how critical shots worked.

Dominator

Jesus one of those bomb diffusal missions has about 50 tanks/drones attacking you with barely any areas to move to avoid attacks because you have to stay in the radius. I can only get like 20 before I blow up. Gonna come back after I upgrade my tank more but holy god.

Sober

The batmobile challenges are really starting to suck more and more.

They are just very frustrating. I have no idea how the developers thought people could take on 40 drones when half the time in the battle is spend shooting down missiles. And they just bullrush you.

I have my batmobile up to maximum armor and fasted reload.

I guess I need to wait until I am upgraded to the highest.

Any tips? It seems like maybe it would help me if I understood how critical shots worked.
Just did em and the pure tank challenges are kinda annoying because of how little space they usually give you. Spam the MG for rockets, the cursor bloom only matters when you're trying to hit a sensor array on smaller tanks.

Save EMP for rockets or if you can't be arsed to dodge, as that usually eliminates most of the shots. The only other upgrade for those challenges you might want to get are the battery ones. The double dodge is great too, actually, get that ASAP.

And pretty much just don't get hit is the only other advice. Not sure how anyone on a controller can get crit chains. Otherwise a crit (MG shot against the sensor) gives you the same points as a turret shot, so just line up turret shots unless you can keep the crit chain going for more points. You don't need it to 3-star though. Otherwise it's just finding the right priorities. I usually do rocket drones then dragons (fliers) before I shoot anything else. Always try to keep a bar full in the tank for a quick EMP to get out of dodge. Missile barrage is decent at level 3 or 4 because you get points for just shooting off the rockets, and the hits count as much as turret/crit hit anyway.

I actually enjoy the pursuit ones (take our armoured cars) or the mixed race/combat ones cause they don't stick you into an arena with 4 dozen tanks.

Jesus one of those bomb diffusal missions has about 50 tanks/drones attacking you with barely any areas to move to avoid attacks because you have to stay in the radius. I can only get like 20 before I blow up. Gonna come back after I upgrade my tank more but holy god.

I think I just did the one you're talking about. It was ranked as 'extreme'. As long as you're on point with your critical hits and make sure you hack either the tanks that shoot three shells at once or the tanks that shoot homing missiles you should be fine. Don't bother hacking the normal tanks as they won't last long.

Finished the main story

Game would be a 9/10 for me but the Batmobile stuff is just so dreary it drags it down to a 7. Hopefully there's not much use of it required in side stuff, I kind of never want to enter that thing again

Yeah I haven't finished yet, but I'm around 85% or so and I'd probably give it a 6.5, maybe a 7 if the end parts are significantly better. The actual combat/predator stuff is clearly the best it's been in the series and traversal is still fun, but there's a ton of improvement needed in other areas(Battank, pacing, sidequests, dialogue, plot, AR map battank-combat ratio, etc.)

I'll give some more detailed impressions once I finish though. It's such a shame that the game doesn't reach its full potential because certain parts of the game are stellar. I just can't see myself replaying this once I'm finished.

Ryan_MSF

Super nooby question as i've only just started playing the game, but i'm pretty sure i'm doing something stupidly wrong, or i'm just not being very observant.

Once you get the option to do side missions after you've been to the GCPD, for example the opening mission where you can go and rescue one of the firemen. I went and rescued him, but it's implying that there's others i need to rescue also, however the games waypoint system don't seem to be leading me anywhere? Same thing with the
dead body opening mission, batman says "i'll need to go checkout the scene of the crime"
yet it's giving me no indication as where to go? Am i missing something stupidly obvious or? :p

Here's two pictures of the icons and unfinished models for two of the DLC skins dug up in the PC version:
The Zur En Arrh Batsuit, and Classic TV Show Robin
in the bottom left of the second picture.

Whats different about new game+?

Harder difficulty, no counter icons above enemies, different enemy types early in the game. Batman also takes more damage. All riddler trophies carry over. You can continue to max out Batman's abilities. All abilites gained will also be in the regular game.

Also there is a slightly different opening...

if you hate jump scares, be warned. lol.

Super nooby question as i've only just started playing the game, but i'm pretty sure i'm doing something stupidly wrong, or i'm just not being very observant.

Once you get the option to do side missions after you've been to the GCPD, for example the opening mission where you can go and rescue one of the firemen. I went and rescued him, but it's implying that there's others i need to rescue also, however the games waypoint system don't seem to be leading me anywhere? Same thing with the
dead body opening mission, batman says "i'll need to go checkout the scene of the crime"
yet it's giving me no indication as where to go? Am i missing something stupidly obvious or? :p

Alfred will tell you as you go along and progress in the story via visiting different parts of the map. You can YouTube if you want.

This game does a really good job of making its villains acerbecic and hateful. Fuck the Arkham Knight. Fuck Scarecrow. Fuck the Riddler. I'm going to punch them into mush. Arrogant cunts.

Sober

What kinda bothered me about the Riddler informants was they didn't even bother to contextualize it this time around. At least in City Batman says and downloads a list of known Riddler informants before they start glowing green. Here they just kinda glow green and if you didn't play the last game, well, too bad, I guess. That was a weird decision.

Just started new game plus.
Holy shit that intro!

Also started to notice a but a bunch of little details I missed on my first run. In the diner scene
there are a couple of customers talking about Bruce buying the movie studio with plans to turn it into an amusement park.
So I take it that
Joker was starting to creep into Bruce's mind.
Also if you
don't fire your gun as Owens, the ‎dialogue between the two cops outside his holding cell changes.

HeelPower

Couple quick questions!

1) Can you explore the city as catwoman ?

2) Whats the best way to buy the game now and not miss tons of pre-order shit ? i.e I can't remember what was up for preorder bonus...or whatever the pre-release mess was...

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
what?

2 hours tops unless I'm remembering wrong. There's just
another tank battle segment where you defend GCPD, i think going back to the clocktower to help her get her files or whatever and then you're off to save Jim

IIRC, theres the battle,
clocktower segment, and then going to surrender to scarecrow, but then you play the joker bit

So yeah, depending on how quick you can be 2-4 hours

Couple quick questions!

2) Whats the best way to buy the game now and not miss tons of pre-order shit ? i.e I can't remember what was up for preorder bonus...or whatever the pre-release mess was...

1. No.

2. PS4 version. You'll get the Scarecrow Mission Pack, The Justice League 3000, 60s Batman and 60s Batmobile Skin, and the Harley Quinn DLC Pack. The New 52 Skin Pack is also free for everyone on PSN/XBL at the moment. Every retailer/platform exclusive piece of DLC will be available through the season pass later this year, though.

Couple quick questions!

1) no

2) After playing both the preorder and Gamestop dlc, you're not missing anything.

Anung

Un Rama
Aside from the skins they also found villains that are most likely to show up in the season of infamy DLC. They are

Prometheus
Mad Hatter
Killer Croc
R'as Al Ghul
Mr Freeze
Black Mask

Really excited for
Prometheus

Some really strong additions. Hopefully they'll actually attempt to make good boss fights this time around.

HeelPower

1. No.

2. PS4 version. You'll get the Scarecrow Mission Pack, The Justice League 3000, 60s Batman and 60s Batmobile Skin, and the Harley Quinn DLC Pack. The New 52 Skin Pack is also free for everyone on PSN/XBL at the moment. Every retailer/platform exclusive piece of DLC will be available through the season pass later this year, though.

1) no

2) After playing both the preorder and Gamestop dlc, you're not missing anything.

Thanks guys.

So I only miss Red Hood dlc ?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The Red Hood DLC takes the Watch_Dogs PS4 exclusive missions crown for being the most shoddily thrown together bonus DLC I've played. At least Harley was fun to play as and there were a couple lines that made me chuckle.

I fucking hate the Riddler. I'm sitting at 97.5% done, and the only thing I haven't finished is finding all the riddler crap. I cleared out Founder's Island and Miagani Island, but I still have most of Bleake Island and all the indoors ones as well.

ARGH. It's so tiring and I have other things to do too.

The Red Hood DLC takes the Watch_Dogs PS4 exclusive missions crown for being the most shoddily thrown together bonus DLC I've played. At least Harley was fun to play as and there were a couple lines that made me chuckle.

The dialogue was good, but the UI changes and Harley's abilities were pretty great too. I loved that font they used, and her detective mode thing was pretty great with adding writing all over all of the walls.

I thought that was a bug. The guy in the lockup center glowing green? Do you just KO him or something?

Did you try to
kill Batman
when
playing as Azrael?
If you didn't, that may be it because he ends up
in jail
if you try, but he goes on his way if you choose the other option.

pots555

Well, after almost giving up, I started just gliding above the city, beating up thugs and finding new quests. And now, I can't stop playing. I just hate the Riddler's stuff involving the Batmobile. And even if I don't enjoy the drone fights with it, it's still a blast to drive around the city. Also, the graphics are truly amazing.

Top Bottom