• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Durden77

and his heavy breathing. I half expected it to be the scarecrow lol

Next installment, Batman : Arkham Minigun Thug

The standard riddles, not the trophies, have been kind of a pain for me in this one. I usually know what the riddle is reffering to, but I either can't find it or can't scan it exactly as they want it. For instance, there's one that's obviously referencing Bruce Wayne's house, but in the area that the riddle is supposed to be I have no idea where it is.

The trophies though have all been pretty fantastic so far for the most part. There's some seriously clever puzzles in these, and they really take advantage of all of Batman's tools. Love the ones that you have to work in tandem with your remote Batmobile.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Next installment, Batman : Arkham Minigun Thug

The standard riddles, not the trophies, have been kind of a pain for me in this one. I usually know what the riddle is reffering to, but I either can't find it or can't scan it exactly as they want it. For instance, there's one that's obviously referencing Bruce Wayne's house, but in the area that the riddle is supposed to be I have no idea where it is.

The trophies though have all been pretty fantastic so far for the most part. There's some seriously clever puzzles in these, and they really take advantage of all of Batman's tools. Love the ones that you have to work in tandem with your remote Batmobile.

For the one you mention look into the far background, there have been multiple ones using that which I would normally never even think to check.

But yeah, some of the trophies have been really cool. My favorite so far was in the Theater,
where Charisma was as the Riddler makes you play a game where you hit 4 different colored ?s and you had to remember the color of the words shown, NOT the words themselves. So 'yellow' painted red, stuff like that, really messed with me.

But yeah, some of the trophies have been really cool. My favorite so far was in the Theater,
where Charisma was as the Riddler makes you play a game where you hit 4 different colored ?s and you had to remember the color of the words shown, NOT the words themselves. So 'yellow' painted red, stuff like that, really messed with me.

Yeah, I found that one today, it was great.
It's the Stroop Test from Dr Kawashima's Brain Training. I used to do it every day a few months ago, so I nailed the colours, but unfortunately my short term memory didn't hold up for the last one and I had to write down the sequence :p

El_Cinefilo

I noticed after finishing the main story there is still the second Batmobile and a Player skin between New 52 Robin and regular Nightwing that are locked in showcase mode

Can I unlock these or are they DLC that I don't have?

viveks86

This game is breathtaking!

batmanak2015-06-2804-u3s35.png

Rean

I already have the Playstation exclusive skins pack, the new 52 skin pack and the amazon Prototype Batmobile skin pack installed, Or are they skins that haven't been released yet?
Oh sorry, I read that wrong. I thought you were referring to the new 52 skins

Durden77

For the one you mention look into the far background, there have been multiple ones using that which I would normally never even think to check.

Ah thanks, that actually helped me with another one too.

I think my favorite riddler trophy so far, or at least off the top of my head was where
you were in a big square room with a laser ceiling. Above the ceiling were 3 ?'s but the ceiling would stop batarangs. You have to pull the Batmobile in, use an EMP, eject out of it and create a wire with the line launcher to land on, wait for the power to come back on, and then hit the ?'s.

Just really really cool stuff. Makes you think with everything you've got.

Kaswa101

Ah thanks, that actually helped me with another one too.

I think my favorite riddler trophy so far, or at least off the top of my head was where
you were in a big square room with a laser ceiling. Above the ceiling were 3 ?'s but the ceiling would stop batarangs. You have to pull the Batmobile in, use an EMP, eject out of it and create a wire with the line launcher to land on, wait for the power to come back on, and then hit the ?'s.

Just really really cool stuff. Makes you think with everything you've got.

Did this one yesterday. Was quite tricky but really well done. :)

Certinty

Spoilers about Riddler's side quest.

Is it true that to complete the
Riddler's Revenge
side quest I need to find all his trophies? I can't
save Catwoman
without doing that?

Rean

Spoilers about Riddler's side quest.

Is it true that to complete the
Riddler's Revenge
side quest I need to find all his trophies? I can't
save Catwoman
without doing that?
Yep. You can save her without getting all the trophies tho.

Prine

Banned
Just started the tutorial, but I can already feel the tank battles grating on me. I turned off the game (mostly becuase I was tired but would have continued if I was playing as Batman) once I beat the first wave during the poison ivy introduction. Orcal announced MORE tanks in a different location I was like "OK time to sleep".

Very very worried about this .

Is the dude behind the Perfect Crime
Prof. pyg
? Don't tell me who it is if it's not, but that's the only unused Batman villain I can think of that would do stuff like this. Maybe I'm not thinking hard enough.

Is the dude behind the Perfect Crime
Prof. pyg
? Don't tell me who it is if it's not, but that's the only unused Batman villain I can think of that would do stuff like this. Maybe I'm not thinking hard enough.

....YES.....

I feel weird but reading all the tank hate is disheartening. I LOVE that gameplay, felt as natural as the perfect punch/block combat.

Do we have any more info on the Asylum/City Remaster that was rumoured a while back? I would usually just find it difficult to go back to former games, but I long for a time when the Batmobile was just a plot device.

GravyButt

Do we have any more info on the Asylum/City Remaster that was rumoured a while back? I would usually just find it difficult to go back to former games, but I long for a time when the Batmobile was just a plot device.
I hope so. Not that I mind the batmobile but simply because i only played a few minutes of each!

I decided to watch the Knightfall endings on YouTube as I don't care for grinding in videogames, and I'm a little confused.
Did Bruce fake his own death only to keep being Batman...but while using some sort of scarecrow fear toxin? Dafuq?

I feel weird but reading all the tank hate is disheartening. I LOVE that gameplay, felt as natural as the perfect punch/block combat.

nothing weird about it. that inserting a completely new form of gameplay into an established series, & forcing everyone to deal with it repeatedly, doesn't particularly go over very well with a certain portion of the game's fanbase shouldn't surprise anyone...

pick a type of gameplay you're not really crazy about: rhythm, fps, tower defense, card battle, whatever. now imagine a load of that gameplay being included (& made mandatory) in the latest title of an existing series that you enjoy. see?...

....YES.....

Awwww yeah. This is gonna be great.

I'm not sure I'd say i love the tank, but it's fun. I like it better than some of the underground sections in City, those gave me anxiety and headaches after a while.

pahamrick

Arkham Knight reveal spoilers

Big surprise, it was Jason Todd. Just like many people called it as soon as it was revealed that there would be Red Hood exclusive DLC for Gamestop. Once Batman started to hallucinate and see Todd it was pretty much confirmed, but I think Rocksteady did a huge mistake giving Gamestop the Red Hood DLC. It should have been something else, and roll the Red Hood DLC into the season pass / separate purchase and not announced until the game had been out for awhile. Sure, it would have still been obvious once the hallucinations started, but it wouldn't have caused the huge "Red Hood DLC? Arkham Knight is Jason Todd confirmed" shit that started months before the game released.

You know its the little things in this like throwing a supervillain into a jail cell that makes you feel like you are doing some real Batman shit this time.

Please God let WB Montreal make another Batman game after Suicide Squad, I need more of this but with bits of Origins added in.
Take this map edited and add in Origins section of Gotham.

pahamrick

You know its the little things in this like throwing a supervillain into a jail cell that makes you feel like you are doing some real Batman shit this time.

Please God let WB Montreal make another Batman game after Suicide Squad.

You know, I'm super disappointed that so far I've yet to see
The Bat Cave. The end to Rocksteady's Arkham Trilogy and not once do you ever get to go there.

For all the complaining that WB Montreal get for Arkham Origins, at least you
got to visit the damn Bat Cave! Going there and activing the challenge maps from within the cave was really cool and added nicely to the experience.

Very early ACE Chemical Plant mission question, y'all:
I've found two of the 5 hostages so far and they've both been killed
. Is this scripted, or am I just a really shitty Batman? I'm guessing the latter.

Thanks!

Rean

You know, I'm super disappointed that so far I've yet to see
The Bat Cave. The end to Rocksteady's Arkham Trilogy and not once do you ever get to go there.

For all the complaining that WB Montreal get for Arkham Origins, at least you
got to visit the damn Bat Cave! Going there and activing the challenge maps from within the cave was really cool and added nicely to the experience.
To be fair the Bat Cave was a challenge map in Arkham City. Even if it wasn't there in the story mode.

. Is this scripted, or am I just a really shitty Batman? I'm guessing the latter.

Thanks!
Its scripted.

pahamrick

Thanks!

3 of the 5 are dead no matter what you do.

To be fair the Bat Cave was a challenge map in Arkham City. Even if it wasn't there in the story mode.

Still sucks you never get to see it proper in story mode.

Luigi87

I have some issues with the game, but overall I'm loving it. I love the extra details and Easter eggs such as:
The billboards turning into Jokerized versions when you look at them, but turning back to normal when you look away then look back.
The Batwing flying around the city once you have it looking for the Cloudburst
Bruce getting answering machine messages from Lex Luthor, as well as Kate Kane/Batwoman

Also the sequence at the movie studio
Starting with the Arkham Asylum PA jingle, you turn around to see Joker on the stretcher and an Arkham monitor, then the whole area within the studios is reminscent of Arkham Asylum in that you are technically backtracking through an area, but every time you do Harley has added her personal flare to it more and more each time, similar to what Joker did in the Asylum. This includes her heart paintings in place of Joker's smiles in AA, and her jack-in-the-boxes in place of Joker's chattering teeth.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Question regarding the mission wheel.
I have all but one unlocked. Does anyone know what the one between the main mission and Firefly is?

Haines

Banned

Thanks!

Considering the bat mobile only has 2 spots to put people in.....lol.

Gonzalez

Banned
Batman movie can't come soon enough. I'm about to go watch year One
Yeah, like Asylum, and City did before this shit has me in a Batman fix. Reading Year Zero, watching the Nolan trilogy, BtAS, etc....

I wanna watch Batman 89 again, but it ages horribly every time I watch it. It's not because of the FX, or the Prince soundtrack. No it's the horrible way the non-existent story is structured. Extremely quotable, but damn is it mess when it comes to character development.

stephen08

Question regarding the mission wheel.
I have all but one unlocked. Does anyone know what the one between the main mission and Firefly is?

You'll be notified when it becomes available.

Some vague spoilers:
Jack Ryder is involved so it is available once he leaves GCPD.
"Cobra tanks detected"

Is there a more distasteful combination of words in the English language

The distracting shot for them is a must have upgrade.

Top Bottom