• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

malfcn

Jumping back in tonight.
Just got the hack tool for the blimps.

I swear it came out of no where.
"That tool is now ready."

What a coincidence?
Or did I miss its reference earlier.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just 100%'d the game and have a question about the ending...

Was there anything more after the smokey Batman came down on those thugs in the alley? Do we know what that was? Also, I was surprised to see Hamill doing the Joker again in the credits. I figured it was him, but didn't think he was going to do it again so I figured it was Troy Baker.

You don't get upgrade points if you start NG+ and do the side missions again?

Not sure. The problem is I need the last riddler trophy to unlock the last ending. Don't I have to play the whole game again when I start NG+ to get to the point where I can unlock the endings?

What gadget upgrade is it?

Disruptor - Sabotage Mine. I thought I only needed 3 points. Now I have seen that I need an additional 4 points to unlock the upgrade before, fml.

Toki767

I guess I should just look at the credits, but I kind of wonder if it would even be there so I'll ask here. Who was the voice of
Lex Luthor
?

geomon

This is aggravating:

7nlkF7r.jpg

I have looked everywhere for this one trophy. No hints, no Riddler informants around, nothing! Arrgh!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
This is aggravating:

I have looked everywhere for this one trophy. No hints, no Riddler informants around, nothing! Arrgh!
It could be in one of the small indoor areas, maybe. There is a chance you're just missing the riddler informant.

Crisis averted: It seems character progress is completely shared between NG+ and the normal game mode. That means if you earn upgrade points in NG+, you can use them in your normal game.

tmespe

For some reason amazon sent me pre-order codes, even though I did not preorder the game. They also sent me two Harley Qin story codes, so if anyone is interested in a code for US PSN quote to view .

Gemüsepizza;170388206 said:
Crisis averted: It seems character progress is completely shared between NG+ and the normal game mode. That means if you earn upgrade points in NG+, you can use them in your normal game.

Thought this was known, but I guess not. Makes NG+ a bit better.

Am I the only person disappointed by the soundtrack?
Yeah it has 3 or 4 great tracks but overall isn't remotely in the same league as City, Origins or even Asylum.

Carbonox

80% Overall and 80% Story - when do you unlock the final side mission as I have one space left? I hope I haven't missed anything as that's cutting it a bit fine. :p Don't spoil what it is please.

Am I the only person disappointed by the soundtrack?
Yeah it has 3 or 4 great tracks but overall isn't remotely in the same league as City, Origins or even Asylum.

Some bits of it are good but yeah it's underwhelming compared to City's (which is my favourite).

erawsd

80% Overall and 80% Story - when do you unlock the final side mission as I have one space left? I hope I haven't missed anything as that's cutting it a bit fine. :p Don't spoil what it is please.

Some bits of it are good but yeah it's underwhelming compared to City's (which is my favourite).

It'll unlock as you progress the main story.

Impulsor

I finished the game yesterday, and except two parts with the batmobile, that dragged on too long, one of them not being fun for the whole duration IMO, I absolutely LOVED this game to bits.

Favourite of them all, so awesome, so dark, so compelling. Loved the ending too, I gotta finish up 100% still. This game had me dropping my jaw till the last minute

I guess I should just look at the credits, but I kind of wonder if it would even be there so I'll ask here. Who was the voice of
Lex Luthor
?

The credits are just a list of voice actor names in alphabetical order; no indication of who's who, unfortunately.
However, I saw Michael Rosenbaum's name in there, and he played Lex on Smallville, so maybe it was him?

Ferrio

Banned
Had two issues with the game tonight:

1. Fell through the world, everytime I'd reload save fall through the world. Had to exit the game.
2. Hard lockup later on.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Toki767

Man the jump scares in this game. Given the genre you just never see them coming! lol

Only 2 got me.
Man-Bat and Joker both as you grappling hook onto a roof.

The rest I kinda figured it would happen because you were in control of the camera.

Hey guys, I've just stumbled across a game breaking bug which has rendered my current save useless.

about 50% in the story missions you get a task to disable an air drone so you can start going into founders island. At the start of this mission you need to take out a drone then use your hacking device to hack another nearby drone; the problem is that in my save, the drone im suppose to hack isnt there. The game wont let you leave the area at all and all other functions besides the gadgets are disabled (including the map, mission select etc), and because of the autosave nature this game has, you cant load a earlier save point and are basically trapped in this area and cannot do anything about it.

With open world games such as this I tend to do a lot of side stuff before tackling main missions, so what I had done before was take out the air drones. I think because I had done this, when I got to the mission that required me to have air drones, the game fucked up and i couldnt continue. Something like this surely should be loaded specifically for the mission no matter how many you destroyed beforehand. right?

I looked it up online and no one has mentioned it so I may be an isolated incident, but it SUCKS to have done so many riddler missions just to be hit by this bug and have to start all over again. Im playing on XBO btw.

Has anyone come across this or have any suggestions on how to solve the issue? Really dont want to have to start all over again. :(

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Hey guys, I've just stumbled across a game breaking bug which has rendered my current save useless.

about 50% in the story missions you get a task to disable an air drone so you can start going into founders island. At the start of this mission you need to take out a drone then use your hacking device to hack another nearby drone; the problem is that in my save, the drone im suppose to hack isnt there. The game wont let you leave the area at all and all other functions besides the gadgets are disabled (including the map, mission select etc), and because of the autosave nature this game has, you cant load a earlier save point and are basically trapped in this area and cannot do anything about it.

With open world games such as this I tend to do a lot of side stuff before tackling main missions, so what I had done before was take out the air drones. I think because I had done this, when I got to the mission that required me to have air drones, the game fucked up and i couldnt continue. Something like this surely should be loaded specifically for the mission no matter how many you destroyed beforehand. right?

I looked it up online and no one has mentioned it so I may be an isolated incident, but it SUCKS to have done so many riddler missions just to be hit by this bug and have to start all over again. Im playing on XBO btw.

Has anyone come across this or have any suggestions on how to solve the issue? Really dont want to have to start all over again. :(

IIRC the drone you hack (ie not the one you glide onto) was much bigger than the normal ones so it shouldn't matter if you already took out the normal drones? I'm curious as to how you did this because I thought you needed the Batmobile to take out drones, yet you don't have access to it on that island yet?

IIRC the drone you hack (ie not the one you glide onto) was much bigger than the normal ones so it shouldn't matter if you already took out the normal drones? I'm curious as to how you did this because I thought you needed the Batmobile to take out drones, yet you don't have access to it on that island yet?

Sorry I should of clarified, the ones I had taken out were the bigger ones, not the smaller helicopter like drones which you need the batmobile for. I still find it weird that the game didnt load them and im trapped in that part. I think I'll upload a video later showing what happens.

Ferrio

Banned

Max zipline upgrade.

Just realized I just took out drones and I've just started this mission. Let's see what happens.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is there an easy way to find the land mines planted around? I only need 3 more for the 100% but its driving me nuts since I cant find them.

roytheone

Alright, after playing about 2 hours I have kinda a weird complaint about the game: when I glide through arkham city, I saw Riddler shit everywhere. Buttons, pressure plates, huge puzzle devices etc, all inviting me to go to them and investigate. I loved that stuff, there were puzzles to solve everywhere, so much to do! Here, however, I see almost nothing. Is this because the city is bigger? Or are the Riddler trophies no longer locked behind big puzzles that are smartly integrated into the open world?

Poona

Leaderboard is working for me on PS4. East Coast.

It's working for me too. Only problem now is I'm the only name being displayed.

Alright, after playing about 2 hours I have kinda a weird complaint about the game: when I glide through arkham city, I saw Riddler shit everywhere. Buttons, pressure plates, huge puzzle devices etc, all inviting me to go to them and investigate. I loved that stuff, there were puzzles to solve everywhere, so much to do! Here, however, I see almost nothing. Is this because the city is bigger? Or are the Riddler trophies no longer locked behind big puzzles that are smartly integrated into the open world?

They are still locked out in the city but I think they appear bit by bit. I know when I first started playing I wasn't seeing anything out in the open, but as I progressed I just started stumbling across them.

Fliesen

there's some riddler trophies that aren't placed until later in the game.
also, there's quite some that are just "hidden" and don't require you to do even the simplest of riddles.

Is there an easy way to find the land mines planted around? I only need 3 more for the 100% but its driving me nuts since I cant find them.

soaring with detective mode OFF looking for flashing red lights is pretty much the best (and only) way to find them.

having finished the story, (and the 12/14 ending) - spoilers obviously
damn it, this game's predictable.
* The old dude is the one who let Harley into the Lab - predictable
* because he's Jokerized too - predictable
* he shoots himself - not quite predictable
* after Joker shows you how he basically BROKE Jason Todd, it was amazingly obvious that he'd be the Arkham Knight.
* Oracle still being alive - somewhat predictable (they wouldn't kill Oracle ...)
* the fact that Gordon turns on you - not quite predictable
* the Batmobile being destroyed - UTTERLY UNPREDICTABLE
* Lucius having a spare ready - SUPER PREDICTABLE
* the fact that "Red Hood" comes to save your ass during the final scene - predictable
* the "Knightfall protocol 12/14" ending - (Bruce Wayne feigning his death) - predictable.

i hadn't had any REAL issues 3-starring every AR challenge.
The only challenging one was the one where you need to kill the medic last (which simply required patience) all others i was able to complete in 10-20 minutes, max. Some were 'challenging', yes, but that's the whole point. none of them "ultra hard"

Also, i hate those riddler trophies that require you to use your batmobile scan to reveal the trail of "?". those are super dumb.

Does anyone have any tips for getting the best sound in this game from the PlayStation Gold Headset? I nabbed the preset from the companion app, but I'm not sure which setting to use under Audio Options, 'Headphones' or Pro Headphones.' Also, is it just me, or does VSS make all the voices sound very hollow and echoey?

So I finished up the Heir to the Cowl Most Wanted missions yesterday and was wondering if I made a mistake when choosing to
break the sword instead of killing Batman.

I'm sure it doesn't make much difference but I won't be able to
visit Azrael in GCPD!

Ferrio

Banned
Sorry I should of clarified, the ones I had taken out were the bigger ones, not the smaller helicopter like drones which you need the batmobile for. I still find it weird that the game didnt load them and im trapped in that part. I think I'll upload a video later showing what happens.

Ya I just got done with the section, they make you hack a heli drone.

ZeroX03

Banned
Cool, if you leave a heavy gunner until last and do a strike/counter takedown on him you still get a never seen/never shot EXP bonus if it's applicable.

watdaeff4

Ok I'm only 24% thru the story and about ~12% overall, I'm starting to enjoy the game more (think I have/had some series fatigue). The story is really good so far. Like others I get the impression there is too much reliance on the batmobile for my tastes but I commend them for trying to spice up the gameplay formula From previous games. I don't hate it but am wondering if I will feel burnt out on it by endgame.

My biggest letdown at the moment are the side missions, not feeling it for them so far.
have the riddler, firefighter, street bombs and serial killer on my list currently
. No spoilers please but do the Most Wanted side missions get better as the game progresses?

fionel

I've played all the previous games from Asylum to Origin. Found Asylum to be okay, City to be awesome, and Origin to be mediocre in the way that it's too similar to City. Will I feel the same way with Arkham Knight?

Zakalwe

Banned
My biggest letdown at the moment are the side missions, not feeling it for them so far.
have the riddler, firefighter, street bombs and serial killer on my list currently
. No spoilers please but do the Most Wanted side missions get better as the game progresses?

They mostly great, imo. Some are pretty simple and brief, but the character interactions and world building is great. I love that they're not all drawn out, Barman would make short work of some villains and it feels like they balanced it just right.

Riddler's missions are exceptional imo, the murder mission is really creepy, the rest take standard gameplay scenarios like combat and stealth and persuit and modify them slightly.

I enjoyed them all.

roytheone

They are still locked out in the city but I think they appear bit by bit. I know when I first started playing I wasn't seeing anything out in the open, but as I progressed I just started stumbling across them.

there's some riddler trophies that aren't placed until later in the game.
also, there's quite some that are just "hidden" and don't require you to do even the simplest of riddles.

Alright, thanks, good to know they will show up later. Still, kinda disappointing, I loved how incredibly dense arkham city felt with Riddler shit everywhere right from the start. When gliding from place to place, my attention was constantly drawn toward Riddler puzzles everywhere. I really miss that here :(

Also, fuck the fact that you see what is inside spoiler tags when quoting someone, almost got spoiled because of that shit (Not your fault Fliesen, it is just really fucking annoying if you want to quote a part of a post that also has some spoilers in it).

I don't have much time to play tonight as I have to pack to go home for the holiday weekend. I was thinking of starting the Harley Quinn DLC. I heard it's short and doesn't interfere with the main story much. Is this true? Also, are there trophies for the add-on?

Footos22

I don't have much time to play tonight as I have to pack to go home for the holiday weekend. I was thinking of starting the Harley Quinn DLC. I heard it's short and doesn't interfere with the main story much. Is this true? Also, are there trophies for the add-on?

its like 10 mins long you get a silver for for finishing it.
its also pretty pointless.

Fliesen

Alright, thanks, good to know they will show up later. Still, kinda disappointing, I loved how incredibly dense arkham city felt with Riddler shit everywhere right from the start. When gliding from place to place, my attention was constantly drawn toward Riddler puzzles everywhere. I really miss that here :(

Also, fuck the fact that you see what is inside spoiler tags when quoting someone, almost got spoiled because of that shit (Not your fault Fliesen, it is just really fucking annoying if you want to quote a part of a post that also has some spoilers in it).

whoa, fuck, sorry. Thanks for letting me know, though. I'll try to not do "here's my spoilery opinion about stuff" and "hey, have you tried XYZ" conversation starters within one and the same post, from here on out.

Im at the
movie studio trying to save the joker clones.
Oh man this is some of the best environment/level design I've seen from the Batman games.

Akai__

Just got a 182 MB update on Xbox One. Anyone know what it is for?

That seems like a very small fix. Didn't the PS4 patch had a ~4GB patch?

Not that I noticed any major bugs that need to be fixed, but there's one Mission Waypoint that pops up on your mini map even if you completed that mission.

Top Bottom