• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Nearing the end. OMFG... what a game. Love it. Think I'll finish it tonight.
All the sidequests 100% except the Riddler stuff. ~240 trophies to get. Ughhh, I don't know. Maybe after (if) the game is properly patched in a few months.

There's two Riddler trophies I can't get. And they're both at the beginning of the movie studio behind a gate that I can't seem to open.

Oh and also one at the bottom of the ventilation shaft next to the tunnel to the
Arkham Knight HQ
. It's like a little off the map.

The first I believe you use the
Electric gun to open the gate?

And the second one I believe
you enter the other side of the Arkham HQ through the elevator, and then go down into the vents in the mall and back into the secret tunnel

Akai__

There's two Riddler trophies I can't get. And they're both at the beginning of the movie studio behind a gate that I can't seem to open.

Electricity from the tower thing in the middle of the room and Remote Batarang through the windows above the room with the gates to hit the Fuse box behind the Gate.

Took me so long to figure this one out for whatever reason.

Dantis

I'm halfway through the Riddler trophies, and I've completely stopped enjoying them. They should have just kept the puzzles in. The puzzles are generally pretty interesting and well-designed, whilst the others are just pure filler.

Fuck whoever thought of the fucking Batmobile sensor trophies. Seriously shit design.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
The side missions can be done in any order ?
The main story interfere with any side mission ?
Can I do them after beating the game ?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sometimes this game, during the in-engine cutscenes, looks so unreal I have to wonder if it's real time at all. A lot of stuff with Scarecrow is straight up some of the most impressive real time 3D rendering I've ever seen.

Sometimes this game, during the in-engine cutscenes, looks so unreal I have to wonder if it's real time at all. A lot of stuff with Scarecrow is straight up some of the most impressive real time 3D rendering I've ever seen.

Heavy CA and film grain usage actually benefit the cut scenes pretty well.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
putting the side missions on hold until i finish the main story

i'm at
cloudburst just exploded all over Gotham, shit is a mess everywhere. i'm in the tunnels trying to get to Poison Ivy's second tree.

approx how many hours are left in the story?

Parshias7

Weird question from someone who is at the end of the game: (done everything except for Riddler Trophy clean up)

Is there some optional gadget you can collect? I haven't gotten all the upgrades yet, but I see several of the menus have large sections of greyed out segments in them. I think gadget tech has its entire lower left area greyed out for me, which makes me think there's some gadget I don't have, but that doesn't make sense as I've done (practically) everything in the game at this point.

stn

I didn't know there was a "best ending". Okay, so should I do all the side quests and get all the riddler trophies before I beat the game? Will I know when I'm at the point of no return with the last part of the main quest?

Fliesen

Weird question from someone who is at the end of the game: (done everything except for Riddler Trophy clean up)

Is there some optional gadget you can collect? I haven't gotten all the upgrades yet, but I see several of the menus have large sections of greyed out segments in them. I think gadget tech has its entire lower left area greyed out for me, which makes me think there's some gadget I don't have, but that doesn't make sense as I've done (practically) everything in the game at this point.

yes, there's the
Freeze Blast
that you'll find next to
the holding cell that you locked Robin into.
you'll need it for a few riddler trophies.

Ephemeris

yes, there's the
Freeze Blast
that you'll find next to

I totally missed that. Went walking in there yesterday to give some news to R (just to see what he says) and I'm like.. hey, what's on that table over there.

Zakalwe

Banned
I didn't know there was a "best ending". Okay, so should I do all the side quests and get all the riddler trophies before I beat the game? Will I know when I'm at the point of no return with the last part of the main quest?

The game makes it obvious what you need to do when you get there, it's a pretty cool transition from end to post game.

You don't need the trophies, it's just the quest wheel.

Zakalwe

Banned

Have you found the
REC in the GCPD evidence room (electric gun)?

The
freeze grenades at the TV studio?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

dope, thanks!

The game makes it obvious what you need to do when you get there, it's a pretty cool transition from end to post game.

are there any big reveals during that transition?

i want to get the good ending, but i'm tired of being fearful of story spoilers.

i'm basically wondering if i can get to the end, see all the reveals, and then work on the side missions/good ending.

That seems like a very small fix. Didn't the PS4 patch had a ~4GB patch?

Not that I noticed any major bugs that need to be fixed, but there's one Mission Waypoint that pops up on your mini map even if you completed that mission.

ps4 patches have been consistently much bigger than x1 lately, something to do with that maybe?

Aren't the trophies part of the quest wheel by virtue of the fact that you need to collect them all to beat Riddler and finish his side quest? Isn't that part of the requirement for facing him?

Parshias7

yes, there's the
Freeze Blast
that you'll find next to

The
freeze grenades at the TV studio?

Whaaaaat. Oh that's crazy, I'll go pick it up next thing.

Its weird how often this game holds your hand with pop ups and hints and mission markers all over the place that there are some parts where it just lets you twist in the wind. The first time I fought the big guys with the electric hands the game didn't give me any indication about how to stun them until I actually took damage, contrary to every other new enemy type that had shown up until that point.

dope, thanks!

are there any big reveals during that transition?

i want to get the good ending, but i'm tired of being fearful of story spoilers.

i'm basically wondering if i can get to the end, see all the reveals, and then work on the side missions/good ending.

It´s like the end has three parts, you get the first one which concludes the conflict by doing just the main missions, you get the first part of the epilogue by doing most of the sidequest, you get the last part of the epilogue by doing every sidequest plus Riddler trophies.

Zakalwe

Banned
Aren't the trophies part of the quest wheel by virtue of the fact that you need to collect them all to beat Riddler and finish his side quest? Isn't that part of the requirement for facing him?

You 100% the quest when
he disappears in the mech suit.
the quest itself is to free Catwomen.

VanWinkle

I think I'm going to complete all of the side content just because I like it too much, EXCEPT the Riddler stuff. I'm not compulsive toward having 100% in stuff; I just really like most of the side content. There's just TOO much Riddler stuff.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm near the end, and I want to muck about with the side missions for a bit. However, I read on Reddit that doing all of the side missions before completing the story locks you out of the ending until you capture one more villain or something, and I don't fancy hunting down all the Riddler trophies to do that. Should I be leaving one side mission incomplete until I've done the main game?

E the Shaggy

Given the easter eggs, I am guessing that Rocksteady's next game may be:

Justice League, which could come out right around the time of the movie release date in a few years.

Zakalwe

Banned
No it's not. I freed Catwoman and at the end of the game it was the only quest line I still had open. I didn't get the 100% ending either.

Ahh, you're right...

I'm reading conflicting things, some say you need to 100% the wheel (which means every trophy), others are saying you just need to arrest every single villain (aside from
Azrael if you decide to not kill Batman).

Which is it?

EDIT: ok, so you need to capture all the villains and defeat all the militia. You don't need to 100% the wheel.

Ahh, you're right...

I'm reading conflicting things, some say you need to 100% the wheel (which means every trophy), others are saying you just need to arrest every single villain (aside from
Azrael if you decide to not kill Batman).

Which is it?

EDIT: ok, so you need to capture all the villains and defeat all the militia. You don't need to 100% the wheel.

By capturing all the villains you get the 100% completion wheel...

Bond007

Sooooo am i almost done with the main story?
Just finished dealing with Joker clones

I ask because i assume the completion % is for everythifng and not just the basic story

TS-08

I'm pretty sure there is an individual percentage for the main story in the mission select wheel (or Most Wanted or whatever that menu is called).

Fliesen

I ask because i assume the completion % is for everythifng and not just the basic story

depends. The completion in the main menu is different from the completion % you get when hovering the "main story" at the top of the 'mission select wheel'

You're probably in the 70% finished range if I remember correctly. Check your mission wheel though.

GeeTeeCee

Welp, like some others have mentioned previously, this game just caused my PS4 to crash harder than I've ever seen it crash before. Game froze and brought up with the rarely seen loading icon while flying around the city. It never did work, so I backed out to the home screen to close the game, which also didn't work. Console stops responding entirely, and the only way to turn it off was by turning off the electricity supply. Oh, and it restarted in safe mode for an extra dose of pants-crapping "have I just lost everything on the hard drive" terror. Luckily, he answer appears to be no.

I'm honestly a little wary of the game now.

Ugh, so you /do/ need all the trophies for it? Or is there a separate percentage for the extra ending?

Trying to avoid spoilers about it so can't look it up properly...
There is one ending, with two additional scenes tacked onto it.

You get the basic ending for just beating the game.

Don't worry, these spoilers don't tell you what happens, just how to get them.

One for doing seven of the most wanted missions before completing the main story.

The final scene for 100% the game, including all of the Riddler trophies/Riddles.I think the Catwoman stuff only accounted for about 60% of the Riddler side quest. The rest is these additional things.

Fliesen

Ugh, so you /do/ need all the trophies for it? Or is there a separate percentage for the extra ending?

Trying to avoid spoilers about it so can't look it up properly...

the game literally tells you, after completing the main story: "finish 12 of the 14 side missions to unlock the next ending"

and after that it tells you "finish 14/14 side missions (of which one is 100%ing the riddler questline) to see the 'post credits scene' "

Top Bottom