• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Zakalwe

Banned
There is one ending, with two additional scenes tacked onto it.

You get the basic ending for just beating the game.

Don't worry, these spoilers don't tell you what happens, just how to get them.

One for doing seven of the most wanted missions before completing the main story.

The final scene for 100% the game, including all of the Riddler trophies/Riddles.I think the Catwoman stuff only accounted for about 60% of the Riddler side quest. The rest is these additional things.

Right, great. And you're right, Catwomen stuff is around 60%. I'm currently on 66.8% and I think I've only completed 3 riddles.

I like this set up, means you can get the extra ending without too much trouble, and you're rewarded with a little more if you decide to 100% it. Nice incentive.

If you don't want to get the 100%, you can always let others do the work for you and watch it on youtube.

the game literally tells you, after completing the main story: "finish 12 of the 14 side missions to unlock the next ending"

and after that it tells you "finish 14/14 side missions (of which one is 100%ing the riddler questline) to see the 'post credits scene' "

I missed the specifics, was in a bit of a daze after the excellent end game sequence. Thanks.

Fliesen

Right, great. And you're right, Catwomen stuff is around 60%. I'm currently on 66.8% and I think I've only completed 3 riddles.

I like this set up, means you can get the extra ending without too much trouble, and you're rewarded with a little more if you decide to 100% it. Nice incentive.

If you don't want to get the 100%, you can always let others do the work for you and watch it on youtube.

I missed the specifics, was in a bit of a daze after the excellent end game sequence. Thanks.

well, the 12/14 ending is uhm ... well, it's a cliffhanger to the 14/14, really. It's literally a 1 minute scene.
so if you weren't planning on going for 14/14, going for 12/14 doesn't have that much merit, you could just go ahead and watch both on youtube ;)

Zakalwe

Banned
well, the 12/14 ending is uhm ... well, it's a cliffhanger to the 14/14, really. It's literally a 1 minute scene.
so if you weren't planning on going for 14/14, going for 12/14 doesn't have that much merit, you could just go ahead and watch both on youtube ;)

Of course, but from a gameplay/closure perspective I think the first feels pretty essential. Will have to wait and see about the second when I get there. :p

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm enjoying the story a fair bit so far, some narrative pacing issues aside, but I think one of the most obvious narrative fumbles (and this is subjective, I guess) made by both City and Knight is the excessive assumed knowledge of the Batman universe. It scatters the narrative.

Using a comic book origin franchise requires the writers carefully balance material taken from external sources and also presenting a world/narrative that is self contained. Asylum and Origins do this very well; they operate as an "Arkham universe" narrative that requires very little external franchise knowledge, yet both are littered with details, easter eggs, and secrets that pay homage to Batman so the most hardcore fans have something to look forward to.

City and Knight's narrative just pull characters and scenarios out of nowhere under the assumption the audience will know the background and relevance to the story. It disconnects the ongoing narrative between the games as it toes the line between being the "Arkham universe exclusively" and "Arkham universe that also is kinda parts of other Batverses too". If you're entrenched in the latter it's fine, but if you're not it feels like the story too often draws on external fiction that's never been addressed in previous games.

I don't at all mind the series pay homage to the various Batverses and being true to Batman stuff, as it shows the devs are legitimate fans of all things Batman. But I feel in terms of presenting a coherent, self contained narrative, and continuing that narrative between the games, this is where City and Knight are at their worst, and why Asylum and Origins work so well.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm enjoying the story a fair bit so far, some narrative pacing issues aside, but I think one of the most obvious narrative fumbles (and this is subjective, I guess) made by both City and Knight is the excessive assumed knowledge of the Batman universe. It scatters the narrative.

Using a comic book origin franchise requires the writers carefully balance material taken from external sources and also presenting a world/narrative that is self contained. Asylum and Origins do this very well; they operate as an "Arkham universe" narrative that requires very little external franchise knowledge, yet both are littered with details, easter eggs, and secrets that pay homage to Batman so the most hardcore fans have something to look forward to.

City and Knight's narrative just pull characters and scenarios out of nowhere under the assumption the audience will know the background and relevance to the story. It disconnects the ongoing narrative between the games as it toes the line between being the "Arkham universe exclusively" and "Arkham universe that also is kinda parts of other Batverses too". If you're entrenched in the latter it's fine, but if you're not it feels like the story too often draws on external fiction that's never been addressed in previous games.

I don't at all mind the series pay homage to the various Batverses and being true to Batman stuff, as it shows the devs are legitimate fans of all things Batman. But I feel in terms of presenting a coherent, self contained narrative, and continuing that narrative between the games, this is where City and Knight are at their worst, and why Asylum and Origins work so well.

Do you have any specific examples? I didn't notice this at all, but perhaps I'm too close to the Batman character to see it.

Footos22

Welp, like some others have mentioned previously, this game just caused my PS4 to crash harder than I've ever seen it crash before. Game froze and brought up with the rarely seen loading icon while flying around the city. It never did work, so I backed out to the home screen to close the game, which also didn't work. Console stops responding entirely, and the only way to turn it off was by turning off the electricity supply. Oh, and it restarted in safe mode for an extra dose of pants-crapping "have I just lost everything on the hard drive" terror. Luckily, he answer appears to be no.

I'm honestly a little wary of the game now.

Thats happened to me 4 times.

It needs a patch big time.

Thats happened to me 4 times.

It needs a patch big time.
Just as I saw this the same exact thing happened to me during one of the AR missions. Got a loading icon in the bottom of my screen, everything froze, had to unplug the power supply. Luckily I also didn't have any save data corruption or anything.

Regginator

I also hate the fact that
Two-face, Penguin and Firefly
get relegated to secondary quests. You have the creative power over the best villains ever and you relegate them to secondary quests? Yeah, no.

It's my biggest issue of the main story. Beforehand I thought all the super villains were teaming up and working TOGETHER to hunt down Batman, but apparently only Scarecrow is the only constant threat. For an "epic finale" the main story was such a let down.

why are there so god damn many riddler trophies? some of them are just lying around fuck

Arkham City even had 400, lol. (420 or 440 with the Catwoman DLC)

So I finished the main story
I have to activate the Knightfall protocol so I got to 100% everything I guess.
I read on Forbes there were 3 endings, what are the requirements ? I can't find something non spoilery on the net right now. Thanks.

E the Shaggy

I read on Forbes there were 3 endings, what are the requirements ? I can't find something non spoilery on the net right now. Thanks.

The first is just to beat Scarecrow, the second is to finish most of the "Most Wanted" sidequests, and for the final ending, you have to 100% the game.

Regginator

I don't consider the "first ending" to be an actual ending though, it's very unsatisfying. The other ends have a little more closure, while I think they're still sub par.

Any way:

Ending 1 (
Operation Knightfall
) : Complete 12 (or 13, I forgot) of the 15 side quests.
Ending 2 (full
Operation Knightfall
) : Apprehend all Gotham's Most Wanted, meaning complete all side quests, including all Riddler trophies and riddles, so basically 100% everything (AR challenges don't count towards 100%).

the game literally tells you, after completing the main story: "finish 12 of the 14 side missions to unlock the next ending"

and after that it tells you "finish 14/14 side missions (of which one is 100%ing the riddler questline) to see the 'post credits scene' "

I finished 13/14 and still can't get the second ending. I've got 96% competition which should be enough to
initiate Knightfall Protocol

I won't collect the Riddler trophies for the true ending. I've hated that Riddler shit since Arkham City.

Regginator

I won't collect the Riddler trophies for the true ending. I've hated that Riddler shit since Arkham City.

Same. Though funny enough I did collect them all in Arkham City (400+!), so I think I'm just getting tired of them now. Didn't bother looking for all of them in Origins as well.

Anyway, there's a nice little dialogue between Catwoman and Batman after beating Riddler, something that may or may not have
foreshadowed the Knightfall
ending.

I tried searching the thread to make sure this hasn't come up, but has anyone figured out how to re-enter (50%-ish minor spoiler)
Stagg Airship Beta? Obviously there's the giant, gaping hole in the front of the ship, but the door won't open without voice activation, and even with the Synthesizer there's no prompt when scanning it.

I tried going in the way you originally go into the ship via Airship Alpha, but that broken window is gated off on both ships.

Hagi

So I watched the complete ending and well not sure how I feel about it to be honest. Kinda feels like they fumbled the last quarter of the game and didn't deliver a satisfactory conclusion. The setup is there for this epic ending to the trilogy but the execution is sorely lacking which is a shame. Reminds me a lot of how the Nolan trilogy panned out actually.

I tried searching the thread to make sure this hasn't come up, but has anyone figured out how to re-enter (50%-ish minor spoiler)
Stagg Airship Beta? Obviously there's the giant, gaping hole in the front of the ship, but the door won't open without voice activation, and even with the Synthesizer there's no prompt when scanning it.

I tried going in the way you originally go into the ship via Airship Alpha, but that broken window is gated off on both ships.

You don't have that voice yet

Anung

Un Rama
So I watched the complete ending and well not sure how I feel about it to be honest. Kinda feels like they fumbled the last quarter of the game and didn't deliver a satisfactory conclusion. The setup is there for this epic ending to the trilogy but the execution is sorely lacking which is a shame. Reminds me a lot of how the Nolan trilogy panned out actually.

I felt the same way. Its the first time since the mass effect 3 ending where I felt they totally wasted all its potential and didn't deliver a satisfying ending.

Toki767

I felt the same way. Its the first time since the mass effect 3 ending where I felt they totally wasted all its potential and didn't deliver a satisfying ending.

I just felt more that the ending they gave wasn't worth the hassle of finding all the Riddler stuff. Also it didn't help that the supervillain encounters at the end of each side mission in this game sucked.

Later in the game you'll can.

Really? I think they wrapped up everything about as well as they could have without getting sappy. What would you have liked instead? The only things I didn't like (ending spoilers obviously)

were how badly the line "I am a Batman" is read and the whole a Joker part. Like I thought Joker was a way of representing Batman's fears of losing control and killing, but then he becomes the real Joker because he can be afraid of being forgotten or something? I don't know, that was pretty inconsistent.

Everything else was really well done and a fitting end, loved the scarecrow stuff.

Hagi

Yeah I'm disappointed because they could've done so much with it but then it just went out with a whimper. Think I'm going to reread Endgame and try and forget about this for a while.

Just so I know what I'm getting myself into for the super duper ending, how does it compare to the resolution of the
Scarecrow plot with the Joker stuff
? I'm assuming that's the biggest story thing in the game.

Late game poison ivy spoilers

after all of her shit is released into the air, does it ever rain again or clear up in the story? That garbage everywhere is making some of the tank fights much more challenging than they should be.

Regginator

Late game poison ivy spoilers

after all of her shit is released into the air, does it ever rain again or clear up in the story? That garbage everywhere is making some of the tank fights much more challenging than they should be.

Yes, it'll clear if you progress a little further in the main story.

Bond007

Loving the game and i know its been said plenty already.......but man every time i get into a tank session i dread this game. Just soo tired of it now at about 75-80% of the storyline.
So lame, can't believe they approved this shit

Hagi

If they ever do another game be it Rocksteady or WB Montreal I hope they can implement some kind of day/night cycle or add some daytime missions because I'm getting kinda tired of longest night in Gothams history.

So wait... Unless I imprison (character spoiler)
Azrael
can I not get 100% completion? Or does simply completing the side quest count toward that?

any way to unlock riddler trophies on the map without tracking down all the informants and interrogating them? I have about 100 or so riddler trophies to get and it's taking way longer than it should because these guys aren't showing up as frequently as needed

any way to unlock riddler trophies on the map without tracking down all the informants and interrogating them? I have about 100 or so riddler trophies to get and it's taking way longer than it should because these guys aren't showing up as frequently as needed

Nope that's it accept finding them yourself and marking them.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Not unless you find them in person or use a guide to tell you where to go.

Bond007

If they ever do another game be it Rocksteady or WB Montreal I hope they can implement some kind of day/night cycle or add some daytime missions because I'm getting kinda tired of longest night in Gothams history.

I wish rain would come and go, thats it.
Batman doesnt exactly operate during the daytime

Gonzalez

Banned
I wish rain would come and go, thats it.
Batman doesnt exactly operate during the daytime

You sure about that?
giphy.gif

VanWinkle

How far into the story percentage-wise do you find out the identity of the Arkham Knight? For some reason I was under the impression that it was about half-way, but I'm over 70% in and I still don't know.

How far into the story percentage-wise do you find out the identity of the Arkham Knight? For some reason I was under the impression that it was about half-way, but I'm over 70% in and I still don't know.

I kind of knew at the Ace Chemical section at the beginning but still thought...nah. You should def know at 80% lol.

I agree. The ending/last quarter was very unsatisfying. I did like the
Joker FPS/Tank bit though.

AK identity spoilers sort of.
I just finished Panessa studios and if the Arkham Knight isn't Jason Todd then they really do a good job making you believe its him.

VanWinkle

I kind of knew at the Ace Chemical section at the beginning but still thought...nah. You should def know at 80% lol.

Well I don't really know much about comics so I have no idea who it could be, but I'm familiar with a lot of comic book CHARACTERS, so I'm still excited to see.

Thanks, guys.

So, I've finished the game, was taking out the remaining miltia towers and the game for some reason clipped me out of the save point, so I'm stuck inside or under the buildings. Pressing restart just resets the process. IS there a way to fast travel?
I'm, actually surprised this happened, the whole game was bug free before this - I'm on ps4 btw.

Gonzalez

Banned
So, I've finished the game, was taking out the remaining miltia towers and the game for some reason clipped me out of the save point, so I'm stuck inside or under the buildings. Pressing restart just resets the process. IS there a way to fast travel?

Just shut off the game, and start it back up. I had the same problem as you at one point.

Top Bottom