• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Tecnniqe

Banned
Does the save automatically back up to the cloud? If not where is it?

On PC the auto-backup is in Documents\WB Games\Batman Arkham Knight

For the save file itself its in steam folder > userdata > accountnumber > gamenumber (206580 or something like that) and remote if i recall

W Hudson

I'm a couple hours in and so far the Batmobile stuff is really dragging me down, especially the tank combat in it against the drone tanks. It just takes away from the flow of the game to have to go fetch the car every 5 minutes to fight some drones or use the winch or whatever.

I haven't read a lot of the GAF opinions but what's the consensus on this so far? I love the combat and the game plays fantastically otherwise but I'm just bummed out about the Batmobile mechanic at this point

Ferrio

Banned
I'm a couple hours in and so far the Batmobile stuff is really dragging me down, especially the tank combat in it against the drone tanks. It just takes away from the flow of the game to have to go fetch the car every 5 minutes to fight some drones or use the winch or whatever.

I haven't read a lot of the GAF opinions but what's the consensus on this so far? I love the combat and the game plays fantastically otherwise but I'm just bummed out about the Batmobile mechanic at this point

You haven't seen the worst yet.

RavenH2

I'm about to buy the digital version of the game, just a question, is the Premiun Edition worth it? (I'm asking for those who have it, not taking into account future DLC , is the current extra content worth it?)

I was really enjoying this at first but the repeated tank sections and incredibly forced use of the batmobile in general has started to wear me down to the point of not even wanting to finish the game. It controls fine and stuff (for the most part) just.. let me not have to use it for literally almost every mission, including side quests.

It gets horrible, should probably stop if it's already bothering you because it wasn't at that point to me. Game would be infinitely better without it.

zeemumu

One of the main story arcs in City revolves around this and how catastrophic it'll be if it ever gets out and it pissed me off that the game pretty much goes no where with it.

I didn't like the dual story element of City and i'm not happy to see it again in Knight but i'll willing to see how it plays out

The effects are shown if you do the main story first. You can fly around and hear people talking about
how they're not as afraid anymore and how anyone affiliated with Bruce Wayne is screwed.

That might be the purpose of the
fear toxin Batman
in the 100 percent ending. It's the only way now.

Ugh that's not what I wanted to hear at all. I enjoy driving it around the city but I'm already tired of the drone battles. Do any of the upgrades make it more fun?

You can get a double dodge boost, an EMP, you can hack drones to fight for you at a later point but they don't really make them more entertaining. Just less annoying. The ramming speed one is cool, though, where you can boost through drones to destroy them.

Neiteio

Do you know you can dodge if you tap X twice and a direction? You can do it forward, backwards, left and right. I find that close-up shots take down tanks more quickly, as well. (There's a sweet spot, I think, and I hit it more often up close)

I really love the tank combat. You abilities will expand as the game progresses and you'll likely develop more of a rhythm for the flow of tank combat.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Endgame question:
I have a mission that says to sacrifice myself for Gordon and Robin or something like that, does doing that lock me out of anything or can I go ahead and do that? Pls no spoilers

Sober

Endgame question:
I have a mission that says to sacrifice myself for Gordon and Robin or something like that, does doing that lock me out of anything or can I go ahead and do that? Pls no spoilers
It locks you into the end of the game which is maybe an hour or so long. But it kicks you back into the open world afterwards.

Durden77

100% this last night. Done that with all of the Batman games so far, and found myself again wanting to do it with this one. Love these games, and I really enjoy this one. It was bloated at times, and at certain times even disappointing,(I'm looking at you
Deathstroke
) but overall I thought it was the most exciting representation of Batman out of all 3 of the games. You just feel like the fucking Batman, man.

Out of the 3 it's most likely going to end up my second favorite, ahead of City but behind Asylum.

Unit24

Why do they always make Batman's dialogue so boring? It feels like he uses the same stock Batman lines in every scene.

"I'll stop him/you/insert villain name here."
"Tell me where/what _____ is."
"You won't win."

At least back in the DCAU he had a dry sense of humor and some semblance of a personality. In the Arkham games he's like a robot.

Neiteio

I think I'm obsessed with this game. I'm experiencing real-life Bat-thoughts.

(in Kevin Conroy voice) "I should really stop posting on GAF and wrap up deadline."

Alienous

Why do they always make Batman's dialogue so boring? It feels like he uses the same stock Batman lines in every scene.

"I'll stop him/you/insert villain name here."
"Tell me where/what _____ is."
"You won't win."

At least back in the DCAU he had a dry sense of humor and some semblance of a personality. In the Arkham games he's like a robot.

I don't know. Kevin Conroy's voicing of Batman has some kind of personality in pretty much all his other video game appearances (DC Universe Online, Injustice, Infinite Crisis).

Lazy writing?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Some feel that it is absolutely an abomination and has no business being in the game.

I'd say the general consensus is that it is ok at times, but there were far too many sections that relied on it and many of the worst fights involved the use of it.

There are those that like it and feel it is a great addition to the series. I'd say that group is the smallest.

I can't say I liked it too much. There were times when I enjoyed it as a change of pace, but many of the later game encounters were VERY frustrating.

I see some riddler trophies that are clamped down with no discernible way to open them, but there are two rows of four numbers each next to them. I'm about 70% through the story, will the game eventually teach me how to open these, or am I missing something?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I see some riddler trophies that are clamped down with no discernible way to open them, but there are two rows of four numbers each next to them. I'm about 70% through the story, will the game eventually teach me how to open these, or am I missing something?

No, it never tells you though I basically stumbled on it. If you want to know

They're map coordinates.

GeeTeeCee

So I'm over 80% of the way through the main story.
Was it the Cloudburst Tank fight that everyone hates? Because it was a slow fight, but not the worst thing ever, in my opinion

Also the late game sidequest involving
Hush was a little disappointing. Dude got taken out in one attempt. Even a dweeb like Firefly took multiple fights to stop.

Was it the Cloudburst Tank fight that everyone hates? Because it was a slow fight, but not the worst thing ever, in my opinion

Hush was a little disappointing. Dude got taken out in one attempt. Even a dweeb like Firefly took multiple fights to stop.

Nope, you still have more ahead, is not one particulary fight is just too many put together after that one.

And yes, Hush is dissapointing considering how awesome his ending in City was.

Bond007

batman-vs-bane.jpg

looks terrible but it does happen.

EDIT: sorry, changed it to a smaller pic

I get what you are saying......but for the most part Batman operates at night. Thats his thing. The cover of darkness, fear....etc
I dunno, maybe include some Bruce Wayne sections?

Well, after ~40hrs I'm done, "just" Riddler stuff to do:

XF4CbQZ.jpg

Current completion rate:

OgRjfeD.jpg

Will 100% Riddler, too, can't wait to see what happens on 100%. :D

Amazing game. LOVE IT.

erawsd

I get what you are saying......but for the most part Batman operates at night. Thats his thing. The cover of darkness, fear....etc

Why? Bruce Wayne doesn't often do anything relevant to stopping criminals. He goes to meetings, fund raisers, and makes a few speeches just to keep up appearances. There are rare occasions where Batman will go "undercover" as Bruce Wayne to scout out something where it makes sense. If we think the bat mobile hating is bad, I can't imagine the reaction when you spend half the game as Bruce Wayne sitting in an office room.

erawsd

Yeah, it almost feels like somewhere late in development someone remembered that that happened and they just threw together a resolution.

Yea, I guess the only question would be, how do you make Bruce Wayne sections interesting?

I liked the opening of AC where you start out as Bruce or even the DLC for origins but its basically being Batman without the suit.

Maybe they could make some investigative elements during the day as Bruce possibly?

J4mm1nJ03

Just got the game for Xbox One used off a buddy at work for $35. Is the Xbox One version decent?

I have it on PS4 but early impressions that I saw said that the Xbox version was quite good. Occasional frame drops and tearing during some batmobile stuff I think, but overall it sounded solid.

bryanee

My GOTY so far. Just finished everything but the Riddler stuff which I will tackle tomorrow.

I really hope the true ending is good.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Need to ask for those who have completed and 100%.

Batman unmasks himself to Gotham and Scarecrow. After some mind games with Joker he is finally locked away/gone. Red Hood saves Bats and Scarecrow is high on the wiz.

Now I've got Nightfall ready when I find the remaining Riddler trophies. Would the ending have been different if I already had the Riddler trophies before the final mission?

I did copy a save before doing the final mission in case something different happens.

Just got the game for Xbox One used off a buddy at work for $35. Is the Xbox One version decent?

Playing it since launch and had some freezes but apart from that its been fine.

Don't know if anyone has posted this but I just noticed a cool reference to The Adventures of Batman and Robin SNES game.
The big toy soldier props in Stage 2 of the Panessa Studios.
The memories...

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Riddler's desperation when getting to the final riddle. It's so good. I'm gonna enjoy kicking the crap out of him.

Am I a bad person?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It actually took me a while to figure that out. I kept searching for a long time for the electricity.

I didn't even know those segments had electricity since that's the first thing I tried. I felt like I was doing them all wrong, lol.

Top Bottom