• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I finished it. Can see why for some the ending might not have been good, but then again, the 100% ending is awesome. Can't stress enough for people to play to get to that.

Still waiting for the credits sequence to end, so I can see what else is there.

Jesus christ man.. I have one mission left on the Militia Checkpoints and it won't give me directions. It's somewhere in Miagani but I've searched everywhere.

It also won't give me directions for the god forsaken firefighters. I exited the game and restarted it as suggested elsewhere but nothing.

Katori

I'm frustrated because I can't play this.

I'm sufficiently far in (70% on the main story, about as far on every other mission but Riddler), was playing during my lunch break earlier and the power went out due to a storm. When it came back the game wouldn't start (error CE-3something). So I restored licenses, rebuilt database, nothing worked. Deleted the game and re-downloaded it, nothing worked. Deleted my saves from the machine thinking they may be corrupted (stored in cloud) didn't work, but after the initial download it's now downloading "Application Data". If that doesn't fix it I'll be out of ideas.

It's frustrating because I want to play, lol.

erawsd

Jesus christ man.. I have one mission left on the Militia Checkpoints and it won't give me directions. It's somewhere in Miagani but I've searched everywhere.

It also won't give me directions for the god forsaken firefighters. I exited the game and restarted it as suggested elsewhere but nothing.

I don't believe the game ever gives you exact directions for either of those. The GCPD helicopters will sometimes call out the general direction of firefighters. The way I ended up finding that stuff is to just toss on Xray mode and go looking for large groups of militia just standing around. If thats one of the late game checkpoints then it probably is full of dudes with guns or the giant turrets that glow orange.

Beaulieu

Anyone wants the "Earth 2 Dark Night" costume ?
I've received a code because of the "E3 playstation experience" but I don't own the game.

Code might not work tho, as the code for my 5$ didnt work :/

looks like that :

3455489-batman+earth+2.png

erawsd

I've received a code because of the "E3 playstation experience" but I don't own the game.

looks like that :

Sure, if youre just giving it away I'll take it.

Man one thing I kinda wish the would do for the next year in addition to the DLC is a free mini-mission for every month.
Make the other characters available in freeroam and have some exclusive to each character(Batgirl in freeroam could just be Cass or Steph).
Say in August, Riddler is on the loose so Catwoman goes after him for a very small mission branch. Maybe he drops some new trophies before he has time to create puzzles.
Harley is on the run in September and it is Nightwing's mission to stop her.
heck maybe 1 month have a mission were you play as Harley and have some villain tasks to do.

Nothing crazy, a small opening and ending cutscene with a line of dialog or 2.
They already have all these separate characters/movesets and a full open world, go nuts.

It appears I can activate
Knightfall Protocol, but I still have the Lucius side mission, as well as Lamb to the Slaughter. I know I can do Riddles after Knightfall Protocal, but will I be able to do these two side missions still?

Did the patch screw something up, or does the music stop while in free roam once you progress far enough into the story?

The silence is really really annoying.

Man one thing I kinda wish the would do for the next year in addition to the DLC is a free mini-mission for every month.
Make the other characters available in freeroam and have some exclusive to each character(Batgirl in freeroam could just be Cass or Steph).
Say in August, Riddler is on the loose so Catwoman goes after him for a very small mission branch. Maybe he drops some new trophies before he has time to create puzzles.
Harley is on the run in September and it is Nightwing's mission to stop her.
heck maybe 1 month have a mission were you play as Harley and have some villain tasks to do.

Nothing crazy, a small opening and ending cutscene with a line of dialog or 2.
They already have all these separate characters/movesets and a full open world, go nuts.

It would be great, though I don't know whether the voice acting and cutscene direction would be worth it for the developers. If it wouldn't be too much trouble and if it were done well, "episodes" of content would work wonders for a comic book video game, similar to how episodic formats work well with the Flash tv show(s) and the DC Animated Universe.

Holy shit @
those guys I beat up all coming back to life and turning into Jokers. That WAS REALLY WELL DONE

Everything about this game is so super well done. Production value is out the roof.

It would be great, though I don't know whether the voice acting and cutscene direction would be worth it for the developers. If it wouldn't be too much trouble and if it were done well, "episodes" of content would work wonders for a comic book video game, similar to how episodic formats work well with the Flash tv show(s) and the DC Animated Universe.

I'd pay for it if you had to,
That would really keep the game going in my eyes and make it a true Batman experience.
Especially a good thing to go out on.

Honestly though i'd probably buy any gameplay extending DLC, i'd be fine with
Batwoman, Black Canary and Huntress
being full DLCs as well.
I'd pay for more Riddler stuff as well, a new Batman game is years off and we have a perfect base(and game) here to keep it going a long time.
heck let Rocksteady tapper off eventually and let WB Montreal work on some DLC as they finish Suicide Squad.

Fuck, dat ng+
intro jumpscare
got me real good. Well played rocksteady, well played.

It got me too. I was hoping more instances like that in NG+ but so far(close to the end of the main story) it's been the same aside from that one difference you mentioned.

Does anyone know if anything else changes(no matter how slight) with NG+?

looks like that :

This skin is in Arkham Origins but not Arkham Knight...

Knightfall Protocol, but I still have the Lucius side mission, as well as Lamb to the Slaughter. I know I can do Riddles after Knightfall Protocal, but will I be able to do these two side missions still?

Anyone? ;_; I'm kind of staring at the screen right now..

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Doing NG+ and man, I wish I could have just picked Knightmare from the start. Combat in these games is SO MUCH BETTER when you don't have counter icons, and I like that you lose the 'fear' takedowns if you get spotted.

Ferrio

Banned
Doing NG+ and man, I wish I could have just picked Knightmare from the start. Combat in these games is SO MUCH BETTER when you don't have counter icons, and I like that you lose the 'fear' takedowns if you get spotted.

Believe you lose fear on hard setting too.

So, about 70% through the main campaing (City of fear) I think the main story just won't pick up and I can call this my personal dissappointment of the year.

Such a shame. Even Arkham Origin's story was better.

So in the evidence room
they have the electric gloves from Arkham Origins and the voiceover says something like "Batman used these but then he turned them in. Guess he likes beating up punks the old fashioned way". I thought it was funny given how much I hated those gloves.

So in the evidence room
they have the electric gloves from Arkham Origins and the voiceover says something like "Batman used these but then he turned them in. Guess he likes beating up punks the old fashioned way". I thought it was funny given how much I hated those gloves.

It was a subtle jab at WB Montrael for adding something OP in the game

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong

looks like that :

That skin looks really cool. Is there any way, paid or not, to get it now?

Played a few hours of this and so it's absolutely fantastic.

Notable aspects I love so far - (First few hours spoilers)

- Joker popping up and acting pretty scummy. I was pretty sick of Joker by Origins (though Origins was his best appearance imo), but so far it's being changed up quite well.

- The voice acting from Gordon and the rest of the cast, other than Kevin Conroy is tremendous. Sorry Kevin but you're just as bland as ever in the games.

- Visually stunning. One of the best looking games period. A level of detail that really screams 'This is next gen'.

- The gameplay, driving the Batmobile and the various combat scenarios are the best in the series already. A nice amount of variation in the level design makes everything feel way more organic than before. Oh and the checking of the four cameras to investigate how Barbara Gordon was taken is small but very cool and well done.

- This kinda plays into the second and third point, but Gordons performance when he is told that Barbara has been working for him all this time was amazing. Really heart wrenching stuff. Absolute kudos to Rocksteady/voice actor etc for making the relationship between the three of em quite potent.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

You should do those two quests, they're very short, but Iiked them. Even if the Lucius one
was kind of a disappointment, considering the build-up done in Arkham City.

As Azrael, who tried to save or kill the Bat?

I broke the sword. Felt more honest, and thought it might impact later on. Alas, it didn't.

BTA

I'm trying to avoid seeing more spoilers than those I've already seen, since I won't be playing the game for a few months, but I wanted to ask something for when I do. Apologies if this is already answered, but I'm wary of digging through the thread for it.

The latest Bonbcast mentioned that
certain side missions have different dialogue if done after the main game. I'm someone who generally does the side stuff in this series as soon as I'm able to. Is it worth saving the side missions till after the story for that dialogue? Does that worth/the better version vary between the missions, and if so, can someone tell me which to save without spoiling me too much?

JTripper

Got most of the trophies on PSN now, all I need to do is complete every riddler trophy (which is a pain so far, only 80 or so done) and NG+. I still think Origins had the tightest story out of all of them, but Knight is without a doubt the best Arkham game overall for me.

Even though the entire story wasn't surprising as I thought it might be as I was getting further and further, it still flowed pretty well and there were more than a couple moments where my jaw actually dropped during certain scenes.

This one is definitely the Arkham game with the most
comic/canon inspiration

Brehs, the fear takedowns are amazing (and OP). So Batman

AK4a6d61.gif

And the fights are so badass. I wish Rocksteady would make an 80s martial arts action game next and just go wild with the brawls and contextual stuff.

AK3f0958.gif

AK57a34f.gif

AK2ba64f.gif

Cade

(side mission spoilers)

I didn't break the sword or try to kill Batman. I just left. I'm a genius.

I didn't even know
breaking the sword was an option. I thought if I took it, I'd get the bad ending of that quest, lol. So I just left too and felt good about my choices. It's dumb to break the sword, anyway. Azrael can use the Sword of Sins and not kill.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oh, I forgot I took a video earlier of something I thought was a cool detail.

Late game spoilers:
After Ivy's pollen fills the city and replaces the rain for a bit, it was the first break in awhile so I just did a lot of side quests. If you just truck onward I believe you just go to the GCPD to track a SWAT van which leads you to an indoor segment which makes it rain again after you come back, so it's possible to get rid of this effect really quickly.

But if you don't, it's EVERYWHERE in a very fitting way. I finished off the Penguin caches and thought it looked cool as hell with the pollen. Since there's an opening at the top, it actually comes inside the building here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74ay213vRKQ

Just really great attention to detail and further reinforces how much I love the presentation of this game.

VanWinkle

95% done in the story. This game is so crazy. Like, the stuff that is happening just blows my mind. I'm going to finish it in the morning.

Sojgat

Brehs, the fear takedowns are amazing (and OP). So Batman

AK4a6d61.gif

And the fights are so badass. I wish Rocksteady would make an 80s martial arts action game next and just go wild with the brawls and contextual stuff.

AK3f0958.gif

AK57a34f.gif

AK2ba64f.gif

I just wish they'd make some decent combat challenges.

Season pass better have some Joker's Carnival level stuff in it.

jediyoshi

bRyuPoe.png

ayyy, pc folks add me
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jediyoshi/

The latest Bonbcast mentioned that
certain side missions have different dialogue if done after the main game. I'm someone who generally does the side stuff in this series as soon as I'm able to. Is it worth saving the side missions till after the story for that dialogue? Does that worth/the better version vary between the missions, and if so, can someone tell me which to save without spoiling me too much?

It's not better or worse per se, it's just different. Kind of a moot point since either dialogue is completely unique, not just variations, so you're still getting something out of going either way.

Top Bottom