• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I haven't finished yet, but I really feel as a whole I'm enjoying this a lot more than City.

Unit24

No wait, I just remembered that every part of the city I've seen so far feels exactly the same. I'm no longer okay with this.

erawsd

So, is the point of no return very clearly marked? I know at least one riddle is unsolvable until
Robin is taken from the infirmary at Panessa
so I want to wait until that happens before going out to get all of the trophies.

The game doesnt tell you but its pretty obvious storywise. If you want to know:
The story quest after that Robin scene will lock you in.

SJRB

Gold Member
I can't seem to find a good time to stop the story and do side missions. Every story mission flows into each other in a way that makes me not want to stop.

On that note, how do you find more side missions? The last thing that happened in the story was
Gordon getting mad at Batman about Barbara
and I still only have the first batch that was given to me, with none of them having updated (except Riddler's of course).

Alfred will inform you on ongoing crimes at certrain points throughout the story. What basically happens is when you finish a main story mission, Alfred will call and mention two or three other things that require Batman's attention.

Everything unlocks as the main story progresses.

erawsd

Banks are obnoxious.

"No need to be sneaky, they won't hear me."
"There's the BAT!"

-_-

I actually enjoyed those, it was a nice twist on the typical predator encounter. I didnt have any issues being heard while the alarm was going off.

jediyoshi

100%! And on PC, I think that's its own achievement. Thank god 1) it's not tied to unlocking challenges 2) riddler trophies keep in ng+

Showcase at 100/101. How do ye unlock the last skin?

I just realize something after finishing the game, where in the hell where my boss battles? Like there was nothing as good as the Mr.Freeze boss fight from AC.

malfcn

I actually enjoyed those, it was a nice twist on the typical predator encounter. I didnt have any issues being heard while the alarm was going off.

Just caught
Two-Face
..or rather I knocked out all his men and then it just shows me carry him out? I don't remember actually catching him.
Must have randomly knocked him out, and then caught him after the last bad guy. :D

fuckin love the combat in AK

http://giant.gfycat.com/NarrowExaltedKillerwhale.gif[/I

[IMG]http://giant.gfycat.com/MadeupEmotionalJuliabutterfly.gif[/I

[IMG]http://giant.gfycat.com/SardonicNiceGrub.gif[/I][/QUOTE]

Ah, the fine line between killing and beating to within an inch of one's life.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
anyone good at the Brutality 101 Trophy trophy ? been trying for ages but i keep failing :(

Yeah, I got it. I think the biggest thing to keep in mind is the powered up version of the gadgets. So quickfire batarang and the version you hold when you build a combo streak are two different moves, same with rec gun, explosive gel, batclaw, etc.

So if you have strike, counter and quickfire each gadget you're already about halfway there. Inbetween that do a takedown, and mix in the takedown versions of the gadgets. I also use the cape stun stuff a lot but I'm not sure how many moves that is, as you can do the cape combo, the single cape into an evade hit, the cape into a beatdown, etc.

If you do the AR challenge with nightwing I think that also gets you an extra move for the dual takedown, but I just used the solo AR challenge.

Ah, the fine line between killing and beating to within an inch of one's life.

There is no way in hell Batman isn't straight up murdering people all over this game, lol. The batmobile destroys the environment, it doesn't matter if it has some shock defenses considering that's still a vehicle hurling into you--and that's to say nothing of the APC chases, batmobile swipe takedowns where you slam people into walls and blow up cars.

It all feels great but GODDAMN Batman, calm down.

100%! And on PC, I think that's its own achievement. Thank god 1) it's not tied to unlocking challenges 2) riddler trophies keep in ng+

Showcase at 100/101. How do ye unlock the last skin?

I'm still missing one too, not sure what it is.

Fliesen

anyone good at the Brutality 101 Trophy trophy ? been trying for ages but i keep failing :(

Yeah, I got it. I think the biggest thing to keep in mind is the powered up version of the gadgets. So quickfire batarang and the version you hold when you build a combo streak are two different moves, same with rec gun, explosive gel, batclaw, etc.

So if you have strike, counter and quickfire each gadget you're already about halfway there. Inbetween that do a takedown, and mix in the takedown versions of the gadgets. I also use the cape stun stuff a lot but I'm not sure how many moves that is, as you can do the cape combo, the single cape into an evade hit, the cape into a beatdown, etc.

If you do the AR challenge with nightwing I think that also gets you an extra move for the dual takedown, but I just used the solo AR challenge.

good tips here.

did it during this challenge as well. Dual team takedown is both: 1 extra combat move for "variation" purposes, as well as one super easy takedown on enemies that annoyingly interrupt your free flow. Like big brutes or the dudes with the shields.

* your quickfire gadgets are 4 moves (batarang, grapple, remote elctrical charge, explosive gel)
* the grapple gives you 2 more moves (grapple -> punch and grapple -> stun)
* don't forget the air juggle (stun stun stun punch)
* ground takedown is kinda risky, rather use ground beatdown at least once (R2+O to pick up)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
What happens with this guy? I can't interact with him or anything.

igWKyBM.jpg

There is no way in hell Batman isn't straight up murdering people all over this game, lol. The batmobile destroys the environment, it doesn't matter if it has some shock defenses considering that's still a vehicle hurling into you--and that's to say nothing of the APC chases, batmobile swipe takedowns where you slam people into walls and blow up cars.

He's not murdering, my son. On the contrary, Batman is simply spreading the good word to those who will listen.

Confess your sins and be cleansed, criminal scum

AK31822b.gif

Oh, wow. Post story spoiler:

Didn't know such a huge disappointment was waiting for me even after finishing the story.

REALLY? That was the Deathstroke boss battle? I wasn't bothered much by the tank/batmobile stuff but this is lazy as fuck.

Lima

For example, there's one in the lower level of Founder's Island that leads directly to a hole in the ceiling and doesn't go any further. You have to quickly haul ass to the nearest ramp up to the upper level and find that spot again, then go back into tank mode and restart your sonar to pick up the trail again. They're kind of a pain.

That is a manhole cover on top and what they want you to do is exit the bat mobile and grapple up the manhole and then call the bat mobile up top.

Just got to the mission where
Batman has to track Sade's fingerprints to make a complete print.
. Does anyone know how close I am to the end?

Also, if I were to just do story missions and finish the single player, can I go back and do the side missions?

jobrro

Just got to the mission where
Batman has to track Sade's fingerprints to make a complete print.
. Does anyone know how close I am to the end?

Also, if I were to just do story missions and finish the single player, can I go back and do the side missions?

Pretty sure that's the first half of the game. Edit: On the mission wheel check the main mission percent. Think it's the top one.

Yep, can return to side missions after the story is complete.

minx

Frustrating game design here
Anyone else have trouble figuring out how to turn off the third fan? Seemed like a really poor game design to tell you that you need to lower the batmobile before you can turn the third fan off. I backtracked forever thinking I missed it when I actually had to push ahead past the "objective marker" to access it. I watched a YouTube video and the same thing happened to him where he backtracked forever and he finally pushed forward past the turret. So I'm not the only one.

Impulsor

Anyone else have trouble figuring out how to turn off the third fan? Seemed like a really poor game design to tell you that you need to lower the batmobile before you can turn the third fan off. I backtracked forever thinking I missed it when I actually had to push ahead past the "objective marker" to access it. I watched a YouTube video and the same thing happened to him where he backtracked forever and he finally pushed forward past the turret. So I'm not the only one.

Me too, I found it pretty quickly but I noticed the objective marker and thought, damn you, why put it there if I have to go elsewhere before?

Fliesen

I didn't have an issue about what to do or where to go or what to do at any moment during that sequence. weird.

one riddler puzzle, however, took me literally 20 minutes.
the one where you're in front of that wall of 14 or so questionmarks and you just can't ever seem to be fast enough to hit them all.
turns out there's a power outlet behind you to charge up your car's superweapon...

Alienous

I was going to post this very thing here at some point. He really does.

I really hope he wins some kind of an award, but I just know that if there's an award for that in whatever Geoff Keighley is doing it has to go to Kiefer Sutherland.

He puts in an A-game performance.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Damn, I'm so close to the end. Loving the last 1/3 of this game!

I just
beat Arkham Knight
and loved
his new costume's homage to Red Hood. Got betrayed by Jim Gordon, about to save Barbara now.

Are there any big plot twists coming up? I'm excited for when I'm no longer afraid of spoilers lol.

ZeroX03

Banned
yeah he was excellent but
Mark Hamill was perfect

I love that whenever Mark Hamill does voices he makes sure that it's not just the one. Joker imitates characters throughout the game which is Hamill playing Joker playing someone else and it's fantastic. In The Simpsons he played himself and the unrecognizably different singing bodyguard just because he could.

Top Bottom